Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this foundation last summer & love it! It has no scent but I am not sensitive to most foundation scents. I wear #100 Ivory. It's a great match going on! It wears really nicely over Hard Candy Sheer Envy matte primer (sky blue tube) & under Rimmel Stay Matte Powder #011 Creamy Natural. I don't like it over the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. I think it applies strangely over that, as in balling up. It doesn't oxidize or fade away over my work shifts where I get oily, sweaty, & hot easily. It seems to control my oil as the name says. I'm really impressed by how well it reduces the redness around my nose w/out accentuating the dry patches that occur there. That's the only spot I get any dryness since my skin is mostly oily. It's not heavy on the face. It camouflages my freckles & slight ruddiness to a great degree. My freckles barely peek through w/one layer & they don't bother me. I love how I can use my fingers to smooth it on. It blends like a dream! I tried a wedge sponge but it wasn't a technique I'd use all the time. I like the sponge to dab more on red areas when needed. Packaging is really cute, as usual w/Rimmel products. I adore the crowns! The squeeze tube is efficient & sanitary. The price is nice, also @ $4-$6 per tube.

on 4/23/2015 3:42:00 AM

Feel so uncomfortable on my skin the first time I used this. By the evening my face developed a few tiny bumps. Its only saving grace is that it did keep my oily face matte for a few hours. But maybelline dream matte mousse can easily do that too without breaking me out.

on 4/22/2015 8:46:00 AM

This thing is beyond AWFUL! I broke out like never with this foundation! Nevertheless, since I have a normal to dry skin this stayed really cakey because of its thick consistency. Although I really liked the full-coverage, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 4/18/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really love this foundation. It's great for oily skin. Lasts a long time and covers well. The price is good and the packaging. The only problem I have with this is the color range. There's only 8 colors and the best I could do was103 true ivory. It's very pink on me but i can't go any lighter or darker. It's the best foundation there is for oily skin if only there were more colors to choose from. It's thicker than other liquid foundations but it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. I really love it but I can't use it since none of the colors match. Sad :(

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty good drugstore foundation, to be honest. I am super pale and the lightest shade matches me, which never happens. If you have oily skin, this is fantastic. If you have any dry patches, you must exfoliate for it to go on smooth. I put mine on over lotion and ELF primer. A tiny bit does for me, it blends well, and it covers nicely -- the texture is fantastic and it feels light. I think I might try mixing it with my moisturizer for summer, since I suspect it might be too much coverage for summer days, but the finish is great and it stays put on me all day. For the price, it really cannot be beat.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble looking for foundation for very oily skin, this is the best I've found yet in terms of keeping my skin matte throughout the day. I also have a lot of texture and discoloration that I need to deal with, and the thick consistency of this foundation allows for nearly-full coverage. The thickness of the product does take a while to get used to (it took me a minute to figure out the best way to apply it). It's called a "mousse," but really it's a lot denser than a typical mousse, so I'm not sure what you would call it....It's sort of in between a mousse and a PASTE.

The color variety is sparse, so that's the only problem. I use Classic Beige because my skin is pretty pale right now.

It lasts for about 8 hours... In those 8 hours it looks perfect and I'll look at myself in the mirror and be amazed because it looks like I just applied it. However, after 8 hours, my skin's oil finally starts to melt it all off. However, my oil usually does that an hour after most other foundations, so that makes this one a winner.

on 3/31/2015 4:04:00 PM

I have very oily skin with large pores and acne deep scars and I'd say overall this is a great foundation, it's creamy and dense ( not a liquid foundation) it applies very smothly and covers my deep scars very well ( medium to full i'd say). The only thing I dont like its that the range of shades are very pink, I couldn't find a yellow-neutral tone

on 3/31/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this product some time ago because I ran out of my go-to foundation and this only cost $4-5. It has an nice texture, it's very creamy. It also covers fairly well. However it slid off my face so easily throughout the day. My nose even looked patchy - not cute. I did put on Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder (love that stuff) but it didn't seem to help. My face felt like an oil slick. This might be okay for someone with dry skin but for me, it was anything but matte.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation awhile ago from CVS. I bought the True Beige (203) and unfortunately wasn't my shade. However, I liked it. It made my skin feel really smooth and soft. I'm a girl who likes a more matte look since I have oily skin, especially on my nose and forehead. With my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I don't get oily and only have to do minor touch ups maybe 2-3 times in 24 hours. I recommend this to oily-skinned people.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY HG FOUNDATION! I have repurchased this so many times I love it! I go for very full coverage foundations and this one is perfect. It covers all my redness, scarring, pimples, everything! I love to apply it with my fingers and it makes me look like I have clear, airbrushed skin. I don't have to use primer, or setting powder as this is heavy as it is. It stays on allllll day even though I have very oily skin. Colour range is excellent (for me anyway) and I will continue to buy this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials