July 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Vonne092

Bought this for the price, it was so cheap and I was in desperate need of a new foundation. I bought the lights shade possible as I am very fair. The application was wonderful, and initially it looked flawless, however a few hours later it had shifted and discoloured in areas. I primed and set with my usual products.

I tried again and had similar results. Ended up giving to my sister who has darker colouring than me and it looks stunning on her, although she also doesn't get a super long wear out of it.

Overall I think this product is touch and go.

Pros:
- It is very full coverage and a little goes a long way.
- Fantastic price.
- Has an initial matte and flawless finish.

Cons:
- Prone to moving around the face, even with setting.
- In my experience it did not last anywhere near long enough to be an all day wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahhanzz

For the price this is a good product but I have found that it crease on my forehead, under my eyes, and my smile lines and does tend to bring out dry patches. My main worry was that it would be orange and it's not so that's a big plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product and for its price its even better.i got mine in the color true beige and its perfect color for me,The 2 things that i don't like about this product it that at the end of the day i look kinda orange n i look kind if oily.every thing else is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in LIGHT PORCELAIN and it's a GREAT match for my skin. In MAC I use NC15, even that is a touch dark because the liquid oxidizes, the powder stays fairly true, though not a perfect match. Nars' Siberia matches well, but turns orange on me like pretty much every liquid foundation does! EXCEPT this one. I've been using this for weeks now and I'm shocked at how true to color it stays without turning into an orange mask! I like the feel of it, it's light on my skin, but gives good coverage, which I need. If you're pale leaning towards neutral undertones, give this one a shot, it really doesn't lean too pink or yellow, at least not on my skin. Recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hey everyone,

So I picked this product up on the weekend at my local Shopper's Drug Mart ( Canadian store ). It was on sale for $ 5 and is like around $ 8 normally. So I picked it up after playing with the testers in Walmart to see what matched. I'm 100 Ivory in this product and I have combination skin and a huge love to test different Foundations. So having been excited to try it I decided i'd test it out today. I applied this around 3 PM and used my Beauty Blender and it blends fairly well. It DOES accentuate dry patches big time. I seen small dry patches I never knew existed !. I do allow this product to set before applying a very light setting powder over top. I'd say as of right now it lasted about a good 5-6 hour roughly without looking too crazy. I touched it up, went for a walk returned. I'm noticing it's very shiny and is starting to crease around the sides of my nose. For a product that is supposed to be more matte it makes me question why it's making my combination skin much more oily looking. I'm clearly not going to repurchase, but will keep using it to see if any improvement is possible. I always give products a few shots to impress me. I will check back IF there is any magical changes in how this wears. Oh and another point I wanted to make is that it doesn't look natural by any means. However if you blend like a mad woman with a beauty blender it can look much better then just a masky look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

this foundation is absolutely amazing... better than many foundations i've used and for the price it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bribri1531

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I loved this for a long time, but The times when I wore it sometimes people said it looked cakey and not natural. However I had a color that didn't match my skin very well and I may have put on too much. I found it so matte that it was a little tricky to blend concealer into the skin also. I wanna try it again however, since it was very good coverage. I just wouldn't say it looks natural at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(Hopefully) my perfect summer foundation! I say this because my face gets extremely dry in the winter so mousse foundations generally arent a good match. However come summer time, my skin balances out (and I've been using CeraVe which has made my skin awesome!) with a blemish here and there (probably from forgetting to take my makeup off at night) and a bit oily on my nose. I simply cleansed with my spectro gel, moisturized with CeraVe, applied this foundation in "Ivory" after warming it up in my fingers, and then set with my cover fx matte setting powder. I was pleasantly surprised with how it went on, and I'm thrilled with how my complexion looks/feels. It looks natural, not cakey, almost airbrushed. I am a girl who loves full coverage so it can be hard to find a foundation that covers well enough that also doesnt look like a mask. Currently I've been using CoverGirl 3 in 1 foundation which is also great, but the shades oxidize horribly and either turn orange or pink (I have to mix porcelain ivory and classic ivory because theyre either too dark or light on their own). I'm hoping this foundation gives me the lastability that the CoverGirl one does as I've found my perfect shade in Stay Matte. Extremely well priced too as it goes on sale regularily at $5.99. Will update in 12 hours from now! (Heres to hoping it doesn't melt off halfway through the day!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Chlocloco

I like this foundation, it gives really good coverage. It was advertised as 'cake no more', but I've found this foundation to be very cakey. I'm looking for a foundation that gives really good coverage, blends in really well, barely being noticeable. This isn't the foundation for that.
It stays on my skin for a long time, so that isn't a problem. It says it has shine control, but my skin is still quite shiny when wearing it. I don't find that much of an issue though, so its okay.
I bought the ivory colour, and it matches my skin alright. It hasn't seemed to have made me breakout any more than ususal, which is always a positive.
I think it has a bit of a scent to it, but it doesn't bother me.
Overall, i think this is a good foundation, and i think it's worth buying :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lextaylor7