December 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This foundation is HORRIBLE. I have combination skin, and was looking for something that would "stay matte", and I haven't found a good drugstore foundation (other than Sonia Kashuk TM) so I figured I would just throw it out if it didn't work out. It actually made something on my cheek look like a pimple that wasn't. That was a first for me. It dragged over my skin, covering nothing but highlighting dry patches and pores along the way. It was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to wear it all day. I wasn't planning to go out, but I felt so self-conscious wearing it, I had to take it off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am also surprised at the bad reviews for this foundation. It's a great, full-coverage, cheap drugstore foundation that covers beautifully, doesn't clog my pores, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, and blends well. It's like a less-messy, lighter version of Revlon ColorStay Whipped (and cheaper too). It does cake up a bit around my nose but a lot of foundations do this. I find this long-wearing and that it does keep me matte all day (I just lightly powder my T-zone because I typically do get shiny). It doesn't sink into my pores or accentuate dry spots either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I'm almost out of a tube of this so I figured its time for me to review it. I love the coverage and consistency of this foundation. You only need a tiny amount to cover your whole face and it doesn't look or feel heavy. I apply this with my real techniques beauty blender dupe and the result is flawless. It covers my acne scars and any breakouts I am having without needing concealer. I set this with the ELF HD powder and it stays on me all day. It does give you a matte look without being drying. My only con with this is the color selection. I am using the shade 103 and it is a bit too light for my NC-20 skin. The next shade up appeared to be too pink for my skin. I just use a bit more bronzer when I wear this so it doesn't wash me out. Overall an excellent foundation if you have normal/oily skin and you want medium coverage. I love the squeeze tube packaging also. I believe I paid about $5 or $6 for this so the price is great also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I'm amazed at the bad reviews for this. I'm not sure though by the review pictures if there have been different formulations. The one I have is in a matte white plastic tube with a purple cap in shade Light Porcelain 010. I like the packaging in the squeeze tube, plus it's lightweight and easy & durable to travel with.

The color matches my warm, pale complexion without a problem. My skin is combo in the colder months, oily in the summer. This gives me medium coverage & lightweight feel with a matte finish that lasts very well on me, much better than most, especially for the great price - $4.50 USD on sale. I use face powder over my foundation always, and this one is no exception. Throughout the course of the day I do have to touch up with blotting and a dusting of powder at least once or twice (depending upon the heat/temperature of the day, which corresponds with my oiliness), but I've certain never found any foundation that I don't - and I've tried LOTS of them in all prices ranges.

Bought a backup tube of it as well, just in case it's discontinued!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetypea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A major con is there is no color match for yellow-toned skin. I am NC 20-25 and I've tried the shades 103 True Ivory & 200 Soft Beige from this line. They are both extremely pinky-orange toned. Since this is a thick mousse foundation, I applied it with my fingers. I have acne and it didn't didn't cover my spots or redness very well even after two layers, I had to layer even more product on top of my breakouts. So if you've got a lot to hide, I don't think this foundation will do you justice as it will start to cake up. It overall looks very makeup-y. I have combo-oily skin and it didn't really even control my oil, it's just like any other foundation after less than an hour so the mattifying effect doesn't stick around for me. I might get better coverage by stippling it on with a brush, but it's not even a good color match and ugh, it just doesn't't look good if you've got acne. It'll look unnatural and start to break down. Not a good one, very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by florator14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, it was the worst foundation I ever used. My skin is oily and I wanted to give it a try, so I bought it. I also have acnes, so my skin needs something moisturizing yet mattifying. I applied it to my moisturized skin. It wasn't as blendable as I expected to be and it was a little bit uncomfortable to wear. It was cakey around my nose and on my forehead and dryed out the other parts of my face. It doesn't have such an intense smell. I wouldn't recommend it for you if you've got acnes or very oily skin, it might perform well on normal skin. I won't purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my.... This stuff is like liquid paper. I understand its supposed to be very mattifying.. But wow! I could not make this foundation work for anything. I have a very oily t-zone and I really just love the "matte" look, so I thought this would be a great product for me! NO. Just..... No. It's impossible to blend (for me), and it washed my face out sooo bad. Gave me a very dull, lifeless look. Maybe for someone who's entire face is EXTREMELY oily this would be a good choice, but if you have any dry patches, beware! Also, it broke me out terribly.. This seems to be the case with lots of people, so be careful if you are acneic. I bought this product at CVS for about 5 or 6 bucks, I believe, and it comes in a little squeeze type tube. It's a very thick consistency, but actually feels pretty light. The reason I went ahead and have it two lippies instead of one, is because it actually does feel quite nice on your skin. Very soft. Oh and if you have little fine lines or anything, this WILL accentuate them. This product was just not for me. Will not be repurchasing :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by spitfirejo

Wow - having read the reviews here, I feel like I'm the outlier, but I figured I should offer my review in case there's someone else out there who's in the same boat.

In a nutshell - I have acne-prone skin that I use Paula's Choice 2.5% BP on every morning, and then Tactuo (Differin/BP) at night. It keeps my skin mostly clear, but leaves it in this strange limbo-land of dry and oily. It's excessively dry in some places (around the nose and temples) thanks to the acne treatments, but because I slather on so much moisturizer to combat that, most make-up starts sliding off my face by mid-day. It's been my dilemma for years. I've done high-end foundations (EL Doublewear, MakeupForever etc etc), drugstore foundations (CG Aquasmooth and countless others), mineral foundations (Youngblood, Pur), powders (MAC), and I can't even remember what else. And yes, I've tried a dozen primers. I've never been completely satisfied with any of it. Inevitably, my "face" always start to fade and look messy six hours into my day.

Imagine my surprise when I picked up this for 4.95 at Wal-mart and... it worked. It was a totally random purchase, since I'm addicted to trying new things.

Pros:

- Ivory is a perfect match for me.
- Definitely doesn't look cakey to me. I'm used to wearing heavier make-up and this stuff is light as a feather going on. Compared to Doublewear and others, this doesn't feel heavy at all. It blends nicely (I just use my fingers)
- It LASTS. Like, at the end of my work day, my "face" is still there! I still can't believe it.

Cons:

- None yet (but knowing my luck, it will wind up breaking me out in an alien rash. I'll let you know if it does)

This is an inexpensive product that is kind of blowing my mind. If your skin sounds like mine, definitely give it a try!

(Also, I do use BP every day, so I don't know if it causes break outs. My BP seems to act as a barrier in general.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I wish I could say this is my holy grail... I really thought it was! It makes your skin look flawless! While it doesn't control oil as well as I has hoped, it doesn't melt away or her splotchy either. The color matches are great - they're actually skin tone! Amazing right? Also, a little goes a long way and its so blendable.

So what's the problem? I hate how my skin looks when I wash this off. Not only is it dull, but I always have little bumps. Today I had a Whitehead and that was the last straw. I won't be repurchasing and this will probably go in the trash. If you can make it work for you, I'm jealous.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Graceanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im really sorry to seem like a downer but i think it is just too thick,it was very matte and that is good considering i have very oily skin,but its so thick that you cant even apply it with a powder brush,sorrry but im just not lovin it,also btw i am a teen so it happens but it made me break out