Jane Oil Free foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nice color (Ivory), I like the pump....that's it. I bought this before I went on vacation because I was desperate for foundation. It caked up in spots (I tried applying with a dry makeup sponge and a wet sponge), it was very watery and my face was an oil pit within an hour. I was glad I had some mineral foundation as a back up. I definitely will not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on a trip because I needed some foundation pretty desperately. If I had done some research on it, I wouldn't have bought it. Too late for that, though - and I've been stuck with that stuff for almost 3 months! (procrastination about finding something else - now I'm using Almay Clear Complexion) Last week I finally was fed up enough to get the Almay - fed up with how this stuff sometimes turned orange on me, and how many times it would end up in places were I never put it, all gunky/cakey/pilled/flakey, making me look pretty bad. Sometimes, though, it would look fine. This is probably best for people who don't have very oily, breakout prone skin. (in other words, not so much to cover up!)

on 2/6/2007 3:12:00 PM

For $3.46, you cant beat the price of this product. But here's the issue: Two hours after you put it on, it melts off. And dont expect it to hold up to water, it comes right off. The pump is covineient, its cheap, but I wont buy it again.

Maybe they're reformulated the foundation since some of these reviews, cause this stuff is darn near holy grail for me! I'll go as far as to say it is hg! The color (ivory) matches my skin perfectly, it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. I have yet to find this in a drugstore brand, so I was surprised when this foundation was such a homerun. When I take fotds, my skin looks like porcelain in the picture. I will definitely be rebuying this in the future.

on 11/6/2006 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why are the reviews on this so low???? This is some of the best foundation out there. It does have the stay-put feature of Revlon Colorstay for a fraction of the price and I believe looks more natural. Simply apply lightly or you will end up masky, as with any foundation. It does have a watery feel to it, which doesn't bother me. I use a foundation brush to apply this and do not have problems with blendability. I do recall using fingers with Revlon Colorstay and having blending problems, maybe solves that issue. As for settling in lines, I have never met a foundation that didn't do that, so I just avoid my lines with all foundations. I am working with oily skin and have no out of the ordinary breakouts. PPP and use Ivory with no problems on color change.

on 10/1/2006 3:29:00 PM

I am 47. This is the one of the best foundations I have worn and I have been wearing makeup since I was 16. I read Paula Begoin's rave review of this and so had to try it and she was right. It is a wonderful oil-free foundation. Not chalky. It blends and sets beautifully. Not chalky, dry. It's a nice natural look with very good coverage.

Update: But I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear over this! Jane is owned by Estee Lauder I wonder if the formula is the same???

Update: I got bored with this makeup and am trying new ones now.

on 9/7/2006 12:42:00 PM

Why is this so orange? The next-to-lightest color is shockingly orange. Maybe I got a bad batch? I had to mix this in a dish with two other brands to make a usable foundation, which turned out just about right. I really wish more stores would have testers out so I could tell what the color inside the bottle is really like. I do like the pump dispenser.

on 3/18/2006 5:29:00 PM

This foundation is alright for the price. It stays put for a long time and has a pretty nice, matte finish. But. . . the blendability is not all that (even after a healthy layer of moisturizer) and the color "Ivory" isn't a great match for me, seems to have a bit too much pink. It kind of has an Elmer's Glue smell, which is pretty strong when you're putting in on but it fades after a while. It's not a complete lost cause, though- it's found a place in my regular circulation as "weekend" make-up!

on 3/17/2006 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It may be oil-free BUT it's extremely watery and doesn't seem to blend with my skin whatsoever.

on 1/15/2006 3:57:00 PM

This is in my top 5 worst foundations ever. It was thin, felt oily, and just did not look right. The smell was bad and the look was bad. Jane, I love you for everything except this. No thanks.