April 16, 2014 | 1911 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dunno. I wanted to like it but I broke out all over my forehead. Switched to my normal stuff and its going away now.

Its all the crap in it. It works though but it looks horrible for 20 minutes only bc its oil absorbing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 30 and have used this off and on since I was in high school. I'm a PPP and use the lightest shade. My skin is combo/oily/acne prone and this HAS NEVER CAUSED A BREAKOUT! (this is worth shouting!). I tend to stray from this because the lightest shade still isn't that great for me and in the really hot/humid days, it does not wear very well....after a few hours, it can become blotchy if I'm not careful. However, this is a surpurb foundation and IMO, this is Clinque's best foundation for those who want good coverage, a longer wearing foundation without breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by serenabena1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product just accentuated my flaws, it would be PERFECT for someone with flawless skin, but not good at all if you have any type of clogs, or acne. It also made my face shiny. Overall, i would deffinately not buy this again for myself, but it might work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation provides excellent coverage for my reddish-colored fair skin. It gives a flawless finish that lasts all day. The shade Stay Light is slightly yellowish, so it balances out redness. I've been using this foundation for 4+ years and keep coming back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

I love this foundation. At first, I purchased it because I was looking for a foundation that isn't tested on animals and Clinique is one of the brands that happens to be on Peta's safe list. I love this foundation because it doesn't feel heavy, and it is a great colour match for my skin( I wear Stay Ivory shade), which is very fair and has more pink as opposed to yellow. I definitely recommend applying this with a foundation brush or even a stippling brush like MAC 187 and in thin layers is best. This is a foundation definitely more suited to oily skin, otherwise it will look flakey on drier skin. I will agree with other reviewers about the packaging not being so great. The large opening makes it kind of hard to pour out the exact amount onto a brush without wasting product. Otherwise as far as foundations go, this is my go-to!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bluesuze

Coverage is good, I think you need to wear a decent moisturizer under this, otherwise it could look a little chalky (well at least in my experience). I'm an NW20 and use Stay Light, and although it's the closest shade that they offer, I don't think it's quite perfect. I may be slightly more yellow toned. If you are oily/shiny this is for you. It keeps my very matte most of the day.
    The packaging could be better, it is a glass bottle with a very large opening, so it's hard to control how much comes out. I dot some on my face and then blend this in with my EM Flat Top brush. I will probably continue with this since it does cover all my redness/skin blotchiness until I find something that I like better (and that matches my skin tone better).
    EDIT: I've decided I pretty much hate this foundation and have stopped wearing it. The lightest shade, Stay Ivory, was looking too pink and ashy and was looking kind of ridiculous on me. Why does Clinique have such poor choices for fair skinned people? Also I think it's overpriced considering it doesn't even contain SPF. I"ve since switched to L'Oreal True Match.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the formula wasnt bad. i liked the coverage. however once again not enough shades for light skin, and the ever exhistant turning orange issue. Id like to see them reformulate this in lighter shades that wont change colors. i would probably try this again if they did

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by frenchmartini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like the review before me, I'm not totally blown away about this foundation but I always go back to it! I've been using it since I was 15 and i'm 22 now and i'm still using it. i use stay beige...it's not a perfect match for NC30/35 but it's close enough. It doesn't blow me away because it is drying during the winter time... must use a good moisturizer with it. And if you pile this foundation on carelessly, your pictures will look like a clown. The coverage is decent...i still have to use concealer with it though. But besides that i like it a lot. For me the color doesn't change over time, my skin always looks dewy..and most of all it's cheaper than other department store foundations. I also never broke out from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by StarCounter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Stay True in Stay Ivory for years, as my go-to back-up foundation. It works fairly well on me, matching my skin tone rather well. I find it has pretty good coverage, and I can wear it as a foundation and concealer in one. I'm not blown away by it though, and find that it's pretty easy to leave streaky lines with it, although that's probably more my fault. After switching products, there was a definite difference to my skin, and Stay True had appeared caked on in comparison. (For reference, I switched to NARS Balanced Foundation with Bare Escentuals over it.) I've had people tell me that my skin looks much more natural when I'm wearing other products, but it is fairly decent, and I still use it when I'm in a hurry because I've got the application DOWN. It's certainly not a bad foundation, but is just not the best for me personally. However, I do still use it from time to time, so that's got to say something!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by staceynv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I read the other reviews on here for this product, it seemed like people may have been using something different, so just to clarify this review is for Clinque Stay True Oil Free foundation in Stay Ivory.
    I have super fair skin, and every foundation I've used has turned orange or pink on my skin, or caused me to breakout, so while out shopping one day I wondered over to the Clinique counter and ended up with this foundation. The color is a pretty decent match; the best I've been able to find for my very fair skin tone! It's just a bit off, but I can work with that. As far as controlling oil and staying matte, this product is a winner for me! I was surprised that by lunchtime, I still didn't need a touch-up! Normally my entire face is a shiny mess by noon when I wear makeup. Not so with this stuff! It completely controlled the oil! And, so far, no breakouts! It was easy to blend, (I'm not sure why others were having trouble, to me the liquid seemed a bit runny) and provided a moderate coverage that concealed the redness on my face. If you need lots of coverage I would recommend using a concealer with this foundation. My only gripe is that the SA got me to purchase this really awful pressed powder that was waayyy too dark for me, and its the lightest color they have. This is a product I plan to purchase again.