July 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by brinethery

This is not good lipstick. The quality is poor, very drying. Thalia is a very dark color. I was deceived by some other swatches of this color and unknowingly bought it. If you view the MUA images for this color, I'm the pale white person that took a photo wearing this lip color. Sorry, I look like crap because I have no other makeup on. But even with foundation, eyeshadow, and blush, I would still look like a clown with this lip shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by srl1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While the formula of this lipstick is quite good (non-drying, lasts okay), the colour is just horrible on me. All the pretty mauve/plummyness that attracted me to this colour and looks so good on other people and in the tube came up as brown (like really, really brown) on my pale, ultra cool toned skin.
I looked like I stepped out of the 90's.
So all you very cool toned girls out there, beware. I think this colour is for warm and neutral skin only.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We recently had a Nyx store open up at our local mall and I decided to try out some products including two of these lipsticks - one in Thalia and one in Blush (a nice pretty pink). I got them during a bogo promotion - I paid 4.99 for one lipstick and the other was free. Not a bad deal at all.

Anyways, I LOVE Thalia. It's a beautiful pinkish nude shade. I personally had zero issues with this lipstick. It's nice and creamy, it didn't dry my lips out, it goes on smooth. The one negative thing I will say is that, after a while the color will start to fade, so you might need to do touch ups every once in a while. Aside from that, I can't think of anything negative about this product. For the price, it's not a bad product.

I would recommend this lipstick since I would definitely re-purchase it myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Rubbed off easily, was a bit drying, and it made my lips look purple! Very much a 90s MLBB shade. Won't be repurchasing. Didn't flatter me one bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick goes on smoothly but it dried my lips out in a few hours. "Thalia" is a plummy nude shade but I find it a bit unnatural as it is slightly too purple.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

*my answer on "would you buy this product again?" is for the color Thalia only, not the lipstick itself.

I am really trying to love these lipsticks. I bought three colors: Thalia, Perfect and Heather.

Honestly, all three of these colors look pretty much the same on me. When they arrived, I noticed how almost alike these colors were, though online they all looked completely different.

Thalia is a neutral color, which is nice. Considering I have 2 other tubes of pretty much the same colors, I will not be repurchasing.

These lipsticks are very greasy, or "slick" ... I prefer a much thicker lipstick for staying power, so you'll need to blot and apply powder and then reapply for some wear time. Otherwise, these will wear off quickly.

I am not ready to give up on the round lipsticks just yet. I want to try a few more, because I feel I'll be able to find some awesome shades considering the color range they have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

EXTREMELY flattering on my lips.
For reference, I am: Asian, NC30, with pigmented rosy-colored lips.

Will repurchase this product for years to come!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by majorbummmer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i reeeally wanted to like this lipstick. sadly, i didn't. first of all, the color was just not for me at all!!! i bought it thinking it would be a nice neutral pinky-mauve color. instead, i got this muted, gray-ish pink, that looked really muddy and just generally gross on me. like another reviewer below, it might be because of my skintone, which is very yellow. second of all, the smell wasn't all too pleasant... this wasn't too much of a problem for me personally, because i've dealt with worse smelling lipsticks before (cough milani cough), but some others might not like it. third of all, the packaging. it feels reeeeally flimsy, like if i carry it in my makeup bag, the cap would pop off and lipstick would get everywhere. plus, a chunk of the actual lipstick bullet randomly started melting! i had to put it in my fridge to save it... also the taste was really gross. a little got in my mouth... bleugh. i'm glad i only got this for $1.99 from cherryculture. i did like the texture of the lipstick though, it slid on easily and felt creamy.
so overall, this lipstick was a miss for me personally. however, i do love the other two NYX lipsticks i got (a black label one and a matte one) so i will try out more from those lines!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is alright. It comes out to a neutral pink mauvey color on my lips. I absolutely hate the smell and taste of this lipstick. It reminds me of soap! Packaging on my lipstick was pretty crappy. The colored end of the lipstick popped off. To apply this lipstick, I just dabbed onto my lips. This color reminds me of rimmel's moisture renew in 'vintage pink', except 'thalia' Is more of a pinky mauve whereas 'vintage pink' is a true purple mauve. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm about NC 20 and this color is gorgeous on me, a perfect neutral mauve. It has a great feel and finish -- they are very pigmented, really creamy, smooth and have a slight glossy sheen. But UGH, the taste! It smells like a floral perfume and tastes like one too. Even the slightest contact makes me feel like I'm eating soap. I have never been sensitive to the smells or tastes of any of the zillions of lipglosses or lipsticks I've tried but this one is something I can't stand. Such a shame because I really think the lipsticks are great.