December 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by bizzarra

This pallett.. it takes my breath away every time I open it. I have to admit that I am a very impulsive buyer. I tend to fall in love with possibilities, thinking to myself 'I know I can get that look if I really try!' So I try, and fail, try.. and fail. So much make up has been tossed to the side because I felt I simply could not learn. I has discovered Naked2 during one of my hauls and I fell in LOVE with UD. They blended so easily and beautifully.. i could not believe that I had made my eyes look so beautiful. But.. alas.. Naked2 is a nuetral pallett and I live my life in vivid colors. I found myself using the pallett once a week and sticking to single shade bright shadow the rest of the week. Every time I had ever attempted to blend and create with bright colors, it turns in to a giant, foggy mess with TONS of fallout. I had given up. At least I knew I could be a nice nuetral if I wanted to.
Then.. all my dreams and prayers were answered. I found Vice2... It was love at first sight. I bought it purely because it looked sooo beautiful and i would not have minded just looking at it every day. I first tried shellshock and madness and I still cannot believe that it the look I had aimed for just fell together perfectly. Absolutely. Perfect. I was in tears and am still in awe. I have tried several looks since then and they have turned out perfect. Every. Single. Time. I am so happy and thankful to have found this pallett. I am 23 years old and I feel like I have finally caught up to those perfect girls in high school who seemed to have born knowing how to use a makeup brush.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

If you are a person that loves color shadows, than I suggest you get this palette before it's gone! Urban Decay states that these are "one of a kind" shades but NOPE DUPE ALERTS IN THIS!! Yes, I found a few dupes and similar shades to what I already own but not a lot. I only own three other UD palettes (Naked 1, Dangerous and Feminine). Also, if you like mattes, you won't be too happy here. Vice 2 only has two true matte shades which are Rewind (medium warm brown) & Habit (peach nude). All other shades have either low shimmer, medium shimmer or large sparkles.
DUPE 1: Vice 2 shade - Vodoo & Dangerous palette shade - Gravity. Both look the same in pan and swatched.
DUPE 2: Vice 2 shade - Derailed & Feminine palette shade - Lost. Both look the same in pan and swatched.
DUPE 3: Vice 2 shade - Strike & Naked 1 palette shade - 1/2 Baked. Both look exactly the same swatched.
SIMILAR 1: Vice 2 shade - Ambush & Dangerous palette shade - Deeper. Both are very similar in color. Not worth having both if sold separately.
But, still a very good palette. All shades are highly pigmented and truly amazing. The cost is $59 but you are getting 20 fabulous shades so I find it worth it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really happy with this palette. I knew I would be happy with it, but I've found myself using it most days for the last few weeks since I got it. It's very versatile and a variety of looks can be created with this palette. The neutral tones and even some of the less wild colors are great for work. In addition to using the taupes, creams, and browns, I've also used the pinks and the olive green color for work. There are some beautiful jewel tones like the green, teal, and purple shades. The black / almost black colors are complex with sparkles of other colors in them. The dark colors are great for shadows or as liners.

Some people are complaining that it's $60 but there are 20 shadows and the quality is excellent! I love how blendable and pigmented UD shadows are.

I also like that this has a large mirror that I can use as needed. The brush is pretty good but I do have favorite eye brushes that I use more often.

I missed out on Vice 1 because I was on a no buy last fall and I'm really happy that I was able to get Vice 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wrote a review for this before and complained about a colour always creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love at first sight****
just the packaging alone! I love it the colors are bold and there are different ones so its not just a nude palette or loud palette. I thinks as usually its high priced! but I don't regret buying it ,would buy again. I didn't get vice1 so I was ready for this..
there is a youtube video -fearless femme- find the channel and you will see its a great buy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ok first off no one likes spending $60 on a pallette. BUT, if you love makeup, especially UD and e/s than it's an investment worth making.

The floral pattern is GORGEOUS on this pallette and it has the Jewel UD that the original pallette had(I do have the original vice as well).

All the colors are VERY pigmented... The reason I bought this palette was Prank. I have never seen such a gorgeous blue!!

Just like the first one it has very bold colors and a few neutrals. I feel like you can make whole looks out of it and travel friendly.

The Good Karma brush is soft and good, but not my go to. I wish they would include eyeliners in these pallettes, like perversion or even a color. I am sick of zero.

Do I think this is a must? Not of you only wear nudes. But, if you are up for adventure, go for it!!

Would I repurchase? Only if mine got destroyed while still being sold. I will not buy backups because I have soooooooo much e/s I will never use it all!!! But UD will have more AMAZING pallettes like this one anyway!! :)

Extensive review will be on my blog which I will have linked on my profile soon!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg. That's all I can say. Despite all the hub bub about the Naked palettes (I and II), I didn't purchase. I bought the Naked Basics and loved it just for what it was, basics. Then, I bought a few random UD singles off eBay and loved the color payoff (MAC who?). Then, when UD had a 20% off sale, I looked (yet again) at the Naked palettes and just wondered if it didn't mimic so many of the umpteen other shades I owned, so took a look at the Vice 2. So, ordered it and before it even arrived, was planning it's return.....till I unwrapped it and saw it in person for the first time. You know when you get that little heart a flutter feeling when you buy something you love? I got it when I saw these shades. Beautiful! There is a great blend of matte and shimmer, and the shimmer is so refined. I actually started with the blue shades despite that being a little out there for me. Just beautiful. I haven't even used them all, but they look just amazing. Downsides? Price and some fallout when applying. I'm over it though! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I have a bit of an Urban Decay obsession, owning both Naked palettes, Naked Basics, the Smoked palette, and a numerous other UD products. UD eyeshadows are the best I've ever tried. And so I knew I had to grab the Vice 2 palette as soon as I could.

I love the purple-y packaging- it slim, light-weight, and as easy to store as it is to use. And the double-ended shadow brush makes the whole palette easy to bring with you wherever you may go.

Now, on to the shadows!

The first is called Smokeout and described as a "dark taupey-black satin" I found this shade to be a bit "sooty" and chalky. Not quite as buttery smooth as other shadows. I'm, overall, rarely impressed by the darker UD shadows.

Lovesick (described as a "black matte w/iridescent micro-glitter") looks gorgeous in the pan, but doesn't swatch quite as well. However, it does look very interesting on the eye. The contrast of the matte shadow with the glitter is lovely.

Shellshock (a "bright metallic silver") is absolutely FANTASTIC! A super pigmented silver that looks stunning on the lid. This shade was one of the main reasons I was drawn to this palette.

Coax (a "medium metallic pink w/golden iridescent micro-sparkle") is a very pretty sparkly pink. The sparkle looks more silver to me than gold, which I like.

X-Rated (a "baby pink satin") is very sheer, and would look wonderful on darker skin tones than my own. I could use this as a base for certain looks.

Prank (a "deep navy matte w/turquoise floating pearl") looks gorgeous when it's applied a little bit wet. I think it would be fantastic as a liner, similar to MAC's "Undercurrent" liner.

Madness (a "bright metallic blue shimmer w/blue micro-glitter") is bright, but not offensively bright. You could definitely wear a little bit of this during the day without it being overpowering. The color payoff with this shadow is A+.

Strike (a "antique gold shimmer w/silver micro-glitter") is more yellow than gold, and while a great color, it's definitely not one of the best gold shadows- certainly not by Urban Decay standards. But it works well with the rest of the palette, unlike something like Half-Baked which would not fit in with the theme (but is the perfect gold shadow, imo).

Stash (a "deep olive green shimmer w/iridescent micro-sparkle") doesn't look special in the pan, but it applies well. It appears more of a yellow-green with brown sparkle. It is quite flattering! But I did notice a tiny bit of fallout.

Poison (a "charcoal satin w/iridescent micro-sparkle") is not one of my favorites, but, again, I'm not fond of dark shadows. I have used this to contour for a more dramatic look, and it works! I like pairing it with Stash.

Radar (a "metallic brown shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter") is more gold than Strike is. I wouldn't classify it as a brown at all. And it applies with an almost foiled effect- very pretty. And so flattering on blue eyes!

Damaged (a "bright metallic emerald shimmer") is such a pretty green color. It appears deeper to me, with hints of black. I don't find it overly shimmery.

Voodoo (a "metallic purple shimmer w/iridescent purple micro-glitter") is a very pretty purple, but it doesn't WOW me. I wish it was darker and a bit brighter.

Betrayal (a "bright purple satin w/blue shift") is a holy-smokes-omg amazing duochrome shadow. This is one of my favorite shadows in the palette. It is so creamy, and applies beautifully- with or without a primer.

Derailed (a "medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer") is an example of how UD does neutrals right. This shadow is buttery smooth and flattering- and no fallout.

Dope (a "warm champagne satin") is a great highlight color. It doesn't work with all combinations- for example, I find it looks out of place when used with Betrayal or Voodoo. But with the neutrals, it's great.

Toxic (a "metallic copper-pink shimmer w/tonal micro-glitter") is a bit of a let down. The description is beautiful. It looks very promising in the pan. But it applies too sheer for my liking. I wish it were darker, and less pink.

Habit (a "light nude matte") is so incredibly sheer. But that makes it the excellent candidate for a base, provided you're very pale. On darker skin tones, it would have more impact.

Ambush (a "metallic brown satin") is another gorgeous, shimmery brown. It looks so great with blue eyes- it really makes them pop. Urban Decay makes the best brown shadows.

Rewind (a "medium brown matte") is an excellent contour color. I will definitely be using this in conjunction with the Basics palette.

Overall, this is a winning palette. There are a couple of shadows that were less than for me, but that doesn't take away from the majority. Ultimately, as with many palettes and collections, it comes down to what you already have and what you want.
For Urban Decay lovers, this palette is a MUST!

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that there will be more palettes from UD to try.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I have several UD palettes already (Naked 1 & 2, BOS IV, Show Pony, Vice, Foreshadow, Wallpaper, 15th Anniversary, Mariposa and also single shades) so I ordered this planning to get it, swatch it, and send it back because I had too many dupes. Much to my amazement this palette has hardly any dupes compared to what I already have, and it's absolutely unique! The first thoughts I had upon opening it were "wow!" "grown up!" and "gorgeous!"

For those people that have the first Vice 1 palette you know that the packaging, although slim compared to BOS palettes, has a rubbery texture that picks up fingerprints like crazy. This one has a sleek plastic outside with an interesting purple/pink Orchid design that is much nicer to handle. The brush it comes with is similar to Vice 1 but seems softer to me. Very nice for blending.

The shades themselves are just perfect. This palette seems a lot cooler to me than Vice 1, and overall the colors seem more versatile for every day wear. Where the Vice 1 had a hot pink, bold blue, and two shades chock full of chunky glitter this palette has shimmery jewel tones, neutrals, and tasteful 'grown up' glitter. I feel like I watched UD grow up with this palette, going from ones full of huge glitter with tons of fallout and at least one shade you'd almost never wear to a sophisticated, sleek, and wonderfully coordinated palette full of colors you can almost haphazardly pair together and be sure that they will look great. With the exception of Lovesick and Voodoo all the shades are creamy and blend beautifully, even the two matte shades.

Standouts:
Smokeout, a deep brown/grey shade, works very well with lighter shades as an outer corner/crease/liner
Strike: a perfect muted gold, not too light or dark or warm or cool
Stash: gorgeous goldish green with shimmer, very pigmented
Poison: deep grey with a rainbow microglitter/shimmer - the glitter here is very fine, making this a 'mature' glitter shade. Slightly patchy blending.
Betrayal: A striking and beautiful duochrome, very similar to Omen but brighter and with more blue shift. It seems like a shade UD keeps reworking and making better, IE - Asphyxia>Omen>Betrayal.
Derailed: More brown than Mushroom but has the same deep color and creamy texture, on the cool side.
Ambush: medium brown with red undertones, seems to sheer out a bit which makes it versatile for a daytime or nighttime eye. Looks great on blue eyes.
Habit: Pretty close to my natural skin color and a matte, which makes it perfect to use for blending or to tone down shimmer.

Could be better:
Lovesick: Looks fun in the pan but applies patchy. The glitter is lovely but is slightly chunky and has lots of fallout - if you blow on it a bit the glitter blows away. I wonder if it will work better wet as a liner. Edit: I did actually try it wet as a liner, and then this color really shines! The glitter stays on fine and the shade takes on a blackened gray tone with flecks of rainbow glitter - very fun and flashy!
Prank: Both in the pan and swatched it has stunning turquoise glitter on a deep blue background. Applied to the eye however it shows up as a mostly matte navy blue, unfortunately the turquoise shimmer disappears. Edit: I also tried this one wet, and while the turquoise pearl is more intense that way swatched it still doesn't show up on the eye. So weird!
Voodoo: Great deep purple/blue shade with microglitter but seems to apply sheer and dry compared to the rest. Edit: Wet it makes a great sparkly purple/blue liner.

I wasn't expecting to love this palette as much as I do but I have to say it's fabulous! The perfect mix of neutrals, jewel tones, a few mattes, and some fun shimmer shades makes this palette a must have. I have a feeling this will become my favorite palettes out of my stash, and I'm tempted to buy another before they sell out. I was worried about not liking Shellshock, Coax, and X Rated but they are creamy, blendable, and versatile. Overall I give this palette an A+, UD has really outdone themselves here. Get one before they're gone!

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No