Chanel Allure for women

I bought and wore this when it first came out and although I can't bear to part with it, it's a Chanel for heaven's sake, it must be good ;) I never wear it. It feels a little dated somehow. Beautifully crafted with high quality ingredients but somehow it sits for me between exciting vintage and fruity modern. Lovely nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's allure and well yes it's alluring
classy as every chanel fragrance...
floral and very white floral but fresh and not soft...but not too strong
this is not what i'm looking for but it's nice.

Chanel coco mademoiselle is better...more citrusy and younger.this allure is more mature but not too mature as chanel coco.
I just hate the vanilla composition, smell like mosquito repellent cream but allure blends well...so it smells classy.but it is not too strong as what YSL cinema is(YSL Cinema contains more vanilla note)
i love the drydown and let it dripping lightly and diffuses...very soft and classy...make me want to sniff it again and again...
it smells more citrusy in outer but soft on wrist...
trust me it will send you to heaven...

three words for this allure :

Bold
Feminine
Classy

It's suitable for evening occasion ....

one more, it's long last

I like allure EDP a lot, the EDT is OK as well, but the EDP develops more, is more complex, and lasts longer. I am a fan of most of Chanel's legacy perfumes, and I know Allure is a modern one that ticks a lot of people off, but I still like it very much. It's definitely strong, but I love seriously strong EDPs, my skin eats perfume like no other so the stronger the better IMO. It's definitely a largely floral scent, but it's grounded with a decent muskiness and warmth, which is how I prefer my florals. The EDT smells mostly the same at first spray, but it doesn't really go through the stages that the EDP does, I know some people prefer it because it's a tad weaker (thought it still has incredible staying power). Allure Sensuelle is basically super musky Allure, I like that as well, again, it lasts FOREVER, definitely a powerhouse perfume.

I love this fragrance, especially for some reason in the winter. I got a lovely surprise the other day. We have a recession here in Ireland, well theres one everywhere now I think, and I was in Marks and Spencer having a mosey around for presents. My eye and my nose caught sight of their perfume counter, and there was one there called Sensuale, so I sprayed the tester. Lo and Behold, it is an exact dupe of Allure. Seriously guys, this is hot. I got a 30 ml bottle for 8 euro and if you buy one you get a second for 4 euro. I gave the second bottle to my friend, who is in love with it. Nothing beats the real deal, which I will of course continue to buy when I can afford it, but in the meantime if any of you have a Marks and Spencer near you, try their perfumes, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Sorry meant to just edit the review. I just laughed out loud there at BrigitteBardot "I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it" hee hee

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Oh, I LOVE this fragrance! My housemate wore it once and I was like 'what are you WEARING, IT'S AMAZING!' and she let me know. I ordered it online because I couldn't find it anywhere in retail, so I got it slightly discounted, but it's a very expensive, lush perfume. Unfortunately, I am a little allergic to it so I can't wear much or often, otherwise I would. It's truly divine and luxe!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this perfume, so chic and fresh!

This smells a lot like plastic to me. Leaves and plastic.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Allure is a blend of lemon and bergamot, mandarin and peach, rose, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom, sandalwood, vetiver, and finally? Vanilla. That's a lot. For me, it's very peachy.

I feel that this scent is a bit sweet and carries a long way. It lasts for quite some time, but the scent doesn't morph all that much on my skin over hours.

Okay, so. Here's the deal. I don't love Allure. My husband, however, picked it out of a lineup as one he liked best -- so I bought it, I wear it, and he likes it. And I'm okay with that.

I'm reviewing the EDT version. I have to agree with the warm/sensual descriptions. Very lovely fragrance. I can't stop smelling myself when I'm wearing it! Hands down one of the best Chanel perfumes!

I tried the EDP, and that also smells yummy! It did start off a little strong, but it truly settles so beautifully.

Allure isn't a girly, fruity scent. It's not an old lady perfume either. To me, this smells grown and sexy! I've had everything from Loves Baby Soft to VS Supermodel, and this stands out as one of the most, if not the most, hypnotic fragrances.

My one gripe is the bottle. This is a gorgeous perfume and not cheap! Why can't the bottle look beautiful like Amarige or J'adore? I'm a sucker for packaging so that is a bummer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunatly, Allure doesn't do it for me. I love the packaging, I love the attitude, I also love the base nots and became good friend with the floral part, but the fresh-fruity lemon start is just. not. for. me. On my skin this part comes out quite squeezy, sporty and simple, and after a few tries I realize that there is no hope for a soon change.
The scent is too expensive for waiting an hour before even getting along with what you wear, so I decided to give it away.

Popular Fragrances