December 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a mixed blessing:
1. No sun screen... so it isn't really a BB.. in my estimation.
You need a layer of sunscreen beneath it..
so you can use the sunscreen of your own choosing..

that being said, the other side of the blessing..
there is quite a medicinal scent in this product,

BUT-
the texture, the coverage and the staying power is very good.
I was pleased by it's natural/matte finish,
the way it covers redness, blemishes, and softens lines and pore.

there is little shine breakthrough...
it's a very nice BB cream....
this is one of the best... considering it's shortcomings...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointment of the century. My bottle of Dream BB, which I love, was running out, so when I heard Maybelline made another type to fight acne I was super excited. But when I first put it on, I hated it right away. I bought it in the same color I got my Dream BB in (Light/Medium) because it's such a great match for my skin tone, but Pure BB in Light/Medium was waaaaay off. I have to use the teeniest amount and also get it all down my neck and onto my chest to make it not look like I had a self tanner accident, and when I use so little, it hardly does anything at all but change my skin color. It's also much runnier than Dream BB, although I do like Pure's smell. Lastly, it makes my face feel more oily throughout the day than my skin does just on its own, which is a dealbreaker. I'm constantly having to use blotting papers. I used this for three days before I couldn't handle it any more and went and bought something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by GabriellaH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was so excited to try out this product, i had read promicing things from it. Having very oily skin i heard this would help controll it. But it did not, at all. Also, i have acne scars and this did not cover them, light coverage. Be good for someone who doesnt have bad oily skin and wanting a very light look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ohheydiana

Love Love this BB Cream. Got the Rimmel London first & then got this one. This one is way better than the other I was using. Way to go scientist and such ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by creampufffishy77

I don't see it doing anything to my acne, but its a great BB cream nonetheless. It's really light, moisturizing, and it basically feels like you don't have anything on which is good. I think the packagings pretty cute too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Eruiz125

**I have only tried this once** that being said, I loved it. I am very fair skinned and VERY oily acne prone skin. I also have vitiligo. Although my skin is pretty clear right now I had a cyst I got three days ago after my period and I can say that the BB cream didn't break me out at all! Usually I'll break out right away if the product is going to break me out. It has also dried up the cyst I had on my cheek. It also helped cover up so of my discoloration from vitiligo. The only cons is I do have to blot a lot during the day with this product even though I powdered my T-zone. I do live in Florida and it's about 100 degrees everyday, so that could be why I have to blot a lot. Also, right after I applied this I felt a little bit of itchiness nothing too severe, it eventually went away after 30 mins or so. Overall I would def repurchase because it hasn't broken me out or oxidize and made me look like an Oompa Loompa. I'll keep you guys updated!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by zigzagreviewers

Pretty good BB Cream! Fair coverage

My full review is at:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lenglander

I am obsessed with this product and the fact that it has salicylic makes it that much better. I use it everyday either by itself or under my other makeup. It is great for day time and does not come off. It is so light and doesn't break me out at all or make me even more oily than I already am. I love love love this product and I have gone through 2 bottles

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I'm not sure if the US formula differs from the Australian formula but the Dream Pure BB Cream here claims to have SPF15 but I wouldn't say you're going to get that SPF protection with the amount of BB cream you put on and advise that further SPF protection be applied prior to use of BB cream.

Great if you're after a sheer, natural coverage and you don't have to cover up blemishes.

I wear it in Light but the colour range is dismal here with Light and Medium. I find Light doesn't quite match my skin because it's a little too pink. Nevertheless, it's not that noticeable once it sinks in and I apply powder on my face. Unfortunately for anyone paler than I am, there is no shade lighter than Light as of yet. The Dream Fresh offers Fair, which is lighter than Light in that line.

This BB cream will not offer enough coverage to cover active blemishes like pimples. It just doesn't offer enough coverage to cover more contrasting scars and redness. I wore this during winter and having combo skin, it would get oily along my T-zone throughout the day and the pigment gets very patchy around my dry areas. The oiliness - nothing some blotting paper and a powder can't fix. The dry areas, perhaps put a primer prior to BB cream? I will not be repurchasing this product again due to the fact that I'm finding this BB cream is breaking me out, even though it contains salicylic acid and is aimed for clearing imperfections. This is my only qualm about this product. I think this BB cream would not suit people with oily skin in the summer as I find it a bit heavy.

I will recommend this for people who have clear skin and don't have dry skin, loves a sheer natural coverage and aren't in the extremes of foundation colours because of the limited colour ranges.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemme just say: this is waay better than the original

Pros:
no irritants(not like the original), won't aggravate anything or kill good skin or inflame sensitive skin
absorbs oil
feels lightweight
flattering shades
hydrates a bit
beautiful shades
no shades for deep skin or fair skin, but light to medium/deep people should be fine

Cons:
drier to very dry skin needs to look elsewhere
the pH is out of range, keeping it from exfoliating like a good BHA
doesn't adjust to skin tone, as claims suggest
claims are a little far-fetched
People who need medium to full coverage must go elsewhere

Neutrals:
no SPF
claims are a tad bit exaggerated

This is really nice feeling going onto the skin, creamy and fluid. The coverage is really sheer, but not so sheer, you can go shade skipping. It absorbs most of my oil pretty well, but I have a very, very oily t-zone, so I usually have to set with powder but my regular to oilier spots are fine. The part that personally bums me out is that it has no SPF and it doesn't have any nice ingredients, like antioxidants and such. I use this, with some spot concealing, after sunset when I'm just going out to the corner store or something and I don't want to scare small children. This is also the kind of thing I use for night-practice when I don't want to look dead. Unless you have already very great skin, this isn't something I'd use for special events. However, while my skin doesn't look flawless, it looks a whole lot better and most people can't tell if I'm using makeup or not, so this is great if you need a no-makeup makeup look. This also makes a great canvas for a primer. It's not too special, but it's pretty affordable and it works for me.