Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

I have VERY dry, sensitive (occasionally acne prone) and yellow toned skin. "Medium Sheer" is the probably the best color match I have EVER found at the drugstore. It isn't too pink toned, and the yellow shade doesn't oxidize into orange. The color is actually *perfect* for my NC27 skin. That's definitely a HUGE plus for me.

I mentioned that my skin is DRY. I have dry skin but I can get clogged pores. My larger pores can be super congested but my skin will still be dry and flakey- never shiny or "greasy/oily" in appearance. When I apply product to my skin, it almost never blends out smoothly without setting on my dryer areas. This BB cream blends easily over my entire face. It is buildable on my super hard to work with skin. Normally building up product on my face leaves me CAKEY. This is honestly the smoothest application and gives me MEDIUM coverage with the first layer.

The consistency of this BB is like a liquid mousse. It is a lot more lightweight than the liquid mousse foundation that Maybelline also carries. It is not only lighter, but the finish is a lot "softer." I would say the Dream Liquid Mousse foundation has a more satin sheen, while this Pure BB Cream had a soft matte cream finish. It is very blurring and angelic looking!

I will forever repurchase! Love this product more every time I use it :)

on 6/2/2015 10:07:00 AM

Pros- Lightweight Light coverage (like it's supposed to) Not super expensive The color I have matches me well (light) Cons- Sticks to my dry patches (it helps if you put on a good moisturizer beforehand) Not really an all day thing in my experience If you want coverage this is not for you Overall its a decent product, I would probably buy it again.

on 5/20/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

In high school I tried to buy the cheapest makeup at the drugstore, but I haven't been as frugal since I make a bit of cash now. This was one of the makeup I purchased back in high school, and I'm finally making a review of it after so long. LOL

Pro: -Cheap & has SPF for face
-Coverage is decent
-Product last a while (Had mine's for a good year)

Con: -I have dry skin & it clung to my dry patches, but it can be remedied by using a good moisturizer beforehand

Overall I find there's more pros than cons with this, but since my skin sucks it keeps me from repurchasing it.

(Please give it a try though if your skin is fairly normal!)

on 5/18/2015 4:37:00 AM

This is so nice to wear to school or if you just don't feel like wearing a full face. It has a nice sheer coverage and the colors are spot on

on 5/16/2015 7:22:00 PM

I tried this once and I thought it was nice and simple so I went to the shops and bought it. Boy was I wrong looked horrible on me, you could see it breaking on my skin. I tried different techniques, cleaning my face etc for a better finish but nothing. Just clearly not for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this a couple months ago because I heard good reviews about it clearing acne and offering a bit of coverage, which was just wjat I needed. I have the shade Medium/Deep and it works fine for me. I like the finish of it once I apply it & it looks very natural. I was upset that after about a week of wearing it everyday, it didn't help with my acne. Overall good product that I'd wear on days I want a light coverage.

on 5/6/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this for those light makeup days where I don't want to use a full coverage foundation. I have the shade medium/deep & deep. I mix the 2 for my perfect shade, I wish they would have a decent in between shade for us tan skin girls out there but the price isn't too steep to where it is breaking the bank when I buy two. This leaves me with a beautiful semi-matte finish and looks so natural. I get so many compliments when I wear this. I just feel like my skin looks healthier, plus the salicylic acid in it is definitely not hurting my skin by any means. Its a wonderful product overall!

on 5/6/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad product. It moisturizes well, as well as evens out your skin tone (it's very light though so it's not that noticeable).
I had a point at which I was breaking out like crazy on my forehead so I used this twice a day for almost a week and it cleared it up.
Has a light scent, but a pleasant one, kinda like sunscreen.
I don't use it on a daily basis but every few days, probably would repurchase.

on 4/29/2015 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this for a no makeup look or any light day when I don't want to wear a full coverage foundation. It's affordable but also does its job. I haven't seen direct results of the salicylic acid but I feel like it would never cause me to break out. It feels nice and light on my skin but evens out my tone as well. Has been a staple in my makeup bag since I first tried it!

on 4/29/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I'm very oily, for me I need to set this with a powder or it just doesn't work. It does last me a long time throughout the day, without it looking like its melted off. it's perfect for a lighter make up day , medium coverage, but I also don't have much acne. I would buy again