July 28, 2014 | 1021 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by erikajordan

I've started breaking out recently, around the same time I got this product. It very well could've just been my skin going through its normal madness. I'm gonna stop using it and see if my skin clears, and once it does I'll give it another go and figure out if its the cause. Anyways, I love how this product looks. Not too heavy, amazing amount of coverage (I like coverage but nothing heavy or cakey) I've noticed it's a little bit more of coverage than the Dream Fresh BB cream. Definitely will buy again that it's not the cause of my breakout.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by xoxojanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, theres a series of reasons why i wont be purchasing this product again.. some of those reasons being my own fault. -.- let me start off by saying this bb cream only comes in 5 shades i believe? so i tried the one closest to my skin tone btw was totally off! it smelt great :) like sunscreen.. but it didnt match my skin tone... it looked like i slapped flour on my face! its a light coverage product in my opinion. i live in texas and i need a full coverage product with that kind of heat. i wasnt expecting it to be a full coverage product anyway but i still thought i should test it out. i wore it about 20 mins in the comfort of my home to see what it would do. it felt silky and soft on my face, which i very much enjoyed. after 20 mins i decided to apply one of my
liquid foundations that was about a shade darker than me to see if it would blend in. it look nice, nothing special. just an even tone. i wore for about 4 hrs and then removed with an acne cleansing wash. before i removed, my face was slightly producing oil due to the makeup sitting on my god of a glorious face :)) after washed off i did not break out. not even now have i gotten any new acne which is a plus on this product. its been 3 days since i first tried it. thanks to the acne fighting properties in this cream my skin is just as before. if this line of bb cream had a wider range of shades i would maybe purchase again because i did find some good qualities in this cream just not every quality i demand from a bb cream. i will just use this just to brighten underneath my eyes, which i did yesterday with my full face of makeup. it looked nice, i looked awake and alert. once i run out ill go back to another product for under eye circles, but not this as a bb cream.. sorry for the rant..but i hope i helped in anyway!!! good luck on all your makeup adventures!!! best of wishes
- janel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Annastar26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently tried this out and it did everything it claimed to do while smelling great too. I haven't used it long enough to know if it will help with my acne (which won't be hard bc i have very little acne). It did even out my skin tone which is nice since my skin tone is very uneven also, it doesn't have much coverage for my skin which i didn't mind since it gives that natural look i love. It matched my shade somewhat perfectly (medium). One of the things that didn't happened to me was what most people claim "its too oily"or "it looks shiny on my face" i was so glad it didn't look shiny or oily and i didn't have to use powder. I did like the look of the of the packaging but, many people opened the bb cream and they left it open and all a mess. I believe they should put them in a different packaging and have tester in the stores so its not mess with the bb creams. Hope this helps :)

*update- I wrote this review days ago but now that I have used it long enough I can tell you it does help with your acne but it works very slowly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MysticalRukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pale girls beware! The lightest shade is too dark. However, if you're able to make it work like I did.. I would say It's worth it. Today was my very first day using this BB cream; I knew it was the perfect time to test this product as I went to my niece's swim party.

First of all, I was very hesitant purchasing this because of the dream fresh BB cream which was a disaster for my oily skin. But after reading so many positive reviews, I caved and decided to give it a try.

So, after trying this out today, I'm actually very impressed! Despite being too dark, it looks SO natural! It sets very well on it's own, and this is coming from an oily-skin-girl! Although I did end up setting it with a powder since I knew I would be wearing it for a few hours and hoped to lengthen the lasting power.

It has really good buildable coverage. I have some spots, and bad acne hyperpigmentation and pitted scarring from past acne and this covered it very well without insinuating any of my flaws. I only used concealer around my eyes because of the salicylic acid in this product, (I don't like the idea of putting anything with salicylic acid around the delicate eye area) so I can't say how well it covers dark circles. Despite all of that, I highly doubt it'll actually help with acne, as every foundation/BB cream that claimed to never worked for me. But if it turns out this is the exception, awesome!

All of that aside, I spent a lot of time in the pool playing with the kids and being squirted in the face with water guns, expecting that this BB cream would have long came off by the end of my swim. Much to my surprise it didn't come off! Except for a small patch on my nose which usually happens with foundations/BB creams (pretty sure I wiped my nose on something.) Overall, I'm very, very happy with this! I only hope it doesn't have the opposite affect and irritate my existing spots. I guess in time I'll be able to tell!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by emalemonpie

I use the BB cream for oily skin in shade Fair. It's much lighter and softer to use than a foundation. I usually use it daily with MAC Studio Finish Concealer. My skin is acne prone therefore I feel less weight on my skin is necessary to avoid any breakouts. The only negative would be that it's very moisturising and leaves my skin looking quite shiny at the end of a long day. I would buy this product again as it's soft texture feels best for my acne prone skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

I use this bb cream to mix with my heavier foundations to sheer them out and when I go out for short periods of time, as on its own the lasting power and the oil control isn't great. It does nothing for acne and I didn't really expect it to, but I don't find it aggravates it either. Overall, it makes for a decent tinted moisturiser, and I will use it up but I wouldn't repurchase .

EDIT: Since my acne (yes acne, not just a few pimples here and there) has been getting a lot better and my scars are fading, I've stopped using foundation unless I have something important that I need good skin for (performances etc.). Instead, I use this BB cream, and since I've been using this on its own it's changed my opinion of it. I've been wearing it with a mattifying primer (I'm still oily at the end of the day, but I find I get less oil than when I use my revlon colourstay) and setting it with a bit more powder than I usually do. I also spray my face with a bit of water to get rid of the powdery look. I find it lasts through my school day well, even when I have gymnastics training before school and I'm sweating, the coverage is still there and it hasn't noticeably faded or gone patchy. I always blot once during the day, and the BB cream barely (if ever) transfers. The coverage can be built to say a medium coverage, but I usually only put on a thin layer all over my face with a bit of concealer on the really red patches of acne. My acne isn't completely covered, it can definitely still be seen, but it is blurred enough to a point where it's not noticeable unless someone is really close and staring at my face. The only issue I have with this BB cream now is that the colour is a bit too light and way too pink for my yellow skin tone, so my skin can look a little bit sickly when I try to build up the BB cream. But other than that, I use it daily and I actually have a back up of this that I bought months ago which I have a feeling I will finish.

I probably wouldn't repurchase again, as I still have another tube waiting to be opened and I would like to experiment with other bb creams which are more yellow toned

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3 Skin Background: Sensitive, combination, beige with light yellow undertones, acne scarring and acne prone. PRICE: $9 US dollars COVERAGE: Light to Medium FINISH: GORGEOUS! It is so natural, it really just looks like skin. LASTING POWER: Not that great, but not that horrible either. About 5-6 hours at best. DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: I am so sad to report that this does indeed break me out :( I tested it out for a good week and I kept getting large pimples all over. Such a shame. WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No, if it didn't break me out I would In a heart beat though because the finish is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Gonzalezm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Leaves my skin super oily and shiny. Haven't noticed a difference on my skin, in which I was expecting it to do so since it's a BB cream! Really noticed a difference on my skin with dream fresh bb cream! Will not repurchase this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I was pleased with this bb cream at first but after using it daily for two weeks, my opinion changed.
PROS:
1. Good medium coverage. I thought this bb cream gives a nice solid medium coverage. It even gives a nice natural coverage over blemishes and dark circles. Granted, I wouldn't use this for going out but it is nice for daily routines and running around doing errands.
2. Good oil control. This is the only bb cream that stays matte all day long even without setting powder.
3. Good color match. I'm NC40 olive and Medium/Deep matches my skin tone.

CONS:
1. Staying power is poor. Even though it stays matte, it will fade off in spots making my skin look very blotchy. This is the main reason why I wouldn't repurchase it.
2. Can appear too matte and flat. It does remind me of 90s makeup.
3. This actually breaks me out. After wearing this, I get a few new blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Jabelley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product a few times and I really like it. The coverage was a lot better than I expected. I have pretty bad acne, so I just wash and sanitize my hands, then apply this product with my fingers. For places that I have big red blemishes, I just dap it on and pat it in for better concealing. Even better coverage when applied with a beauty blender. It does show dry patches on skin, but once I powder and use a setting spray, it looks a lot better. This is a good drug store product for people with acne that want just a light makeup day. I got the shade medium and it looks good with some bronzer. I will probably need to get the shade medium-dark when I get a tan. If you have just oily skin with not a lot of dry patches, you will probably like this product. Love that is has salicylic acid in it.