August 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had Honey Love, Cranberry Crush and Sweet Pink. All stained my lips bright HOT PINK! Especially Sweet Pink turned NEON PINK! Not a look Im going for and returned all of them. As some reviews said below, must be a chemistry thing. Loved the colors when first put on but later, whoo, boy, not good for me. I didn't mind the taste either, a fruit punch flavor.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in nude chic. I bought it because I had been wanting a nude shade that had a little bit of sparkle. This is very pretty and girly looking. It stays on, leaves a flattering stain, and was very affordable. It was less than $3. I'm planning on getting more colors. The only thing is, I'm not a fan of the smell. Overall good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My big problem with these is the fact that the color I get when I apply and the color on my lips just a short time later have no resemblance at all to each other. I bought three colors, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, and Terra Crave. Terra Crave is perfect for me, for about 15 minutes. A nice warm, rosy brown-ish. I put it on before I went into Kohl's today, right after I bought it. I loved it so much. Went in to shop, and about 15 minutes after applying it, I went to the fitting room. Fuschia lips. By the time I got to my car, the fuschia was very bright and very dark. It stains your lips quite quickly, which would be good, except that I don't look at all good in fuschia. I had bought the Honey Love on a previous trip, and that was too pale for me when I applied it. But that didn't last, fuschia in no time. Not quite as bright of a fuschia as the Terra Crave turned, but fuschia none the less. Cranberry Crush applies quite brightly to begin with, so that isn't quite as big of a change,.

I had this problem with the Revlon ones, too. I see that not everyone does, so it must be a chemistry thing.

It's really too, bad, as otherwise, these are very nice. Very moisturizing, don't leave my lips feeling dry at all, and they seem to stay on well. The price is nice, too, $3.29 each at Walgreen's. But alas, they are going to end up in the garbage, I guess. As I said, fuschia is not a good look for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love these balm stains. They offer a nice selection of colors (which is generally picked over at my local walgreens :P) and are much cheaper than the Revlon balm stains.
Unfortunately, I had the same issue with these that I did with the Revlon version- when they fade, they seem to become a fucshia color, rather than anything even remotely similar to the color they were when first applied. This must have something to do with my body chemistry, as I notice most people don't have this issue (or maybe people don't mind the fucshia? Is it normal for a "stain" to not resemble the lip color?). I don't like pink lip colors much, so, if I want to wear this, I have to keep reapplying.
Still, these are a really nice texture, don't seem to dry out my lips much and are easy to apply. I think I'll try a few more colors and see if I have any more luck, and I'll keep using the ones I have with constant reapplication to cover up the pinkiness, because I'm really loving the texture.
Just a hint to anyone else with this issue: I do notice that the effect of the pink stain is *slightly* less pronounced when I exfoliate my lips well before applying. Perhaps it's dead skin that turns pink and I just have constantly chapped lips...? I don't know, but this helps a little bit. Still not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Great stain balms. This is a great dupe for Revlon's stain balms. They are pigmented and smell like candy. The balm part lasts a typical amount if time and leaves a gorgeous even stain. Cranberry Crush is my favorite; a rich berry that leaves a beautiful berry stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Fuquaylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this lip balm stain on a whim - I was checking out at Walgreens in the cosmetics section, and saw them for $3 and bought two. I immediately fell in love with them! The color is buildable to a deep color, and feels silky on the lips without being tacky or slippery. Even after the shine wears off, the color stays for hours - I still had a little color after eating a breakfast of sausage, hash browns, and eggs. It doesn't dry out my lips one bit, even if I wear it every day. I have tried the Revlon stick, and the Clinique stick, and like the Jordana much better. I found the Revlon cubby stick dried out my lips after repeated use. I hope they will bring out a few more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

I love these lip balms! the colors are amazing and they do stain your lips! the shine will stay for 2 hours tops but the color will still be there! I purchased 4 colors for 3$ each. The terra crave lip balm is a dupe for revlon's honey just bitten kissable lip balms and it is half the price!
It has a nice vanilla cupcake scent. I like this lip balm better than the revlon ones. totally affordable

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have three of these and they are all very pigmented and beautiful. They are easy to put on, very creamy. They did not dry out my lips at all in my opinion. They also stay on a pretty long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received one of these as a stocking stuffer this morning, put it on almost immediately, and washed it off about an hour ago. It's my first impression of a lip crayon, and I gotta say I'm very pleased.

I'm a huge lip gloss junkie, and have never cared for lipsticks. If I wanted my lips to have strong pigmentation, I'd usually wear a stain topped with gloss. That being said, I'm familiar with how stains can dry out lips, and I expected my lips to be a little bit dry when wearing this, so I'm not taking off a lippie for it. I'm actually impressed it didn't dry out more when I was out in the cold and wind. The pigmentation was very nice, and the lasting power was impressive. A little of the product came off when I was eating, but I'd rather it fade than feather. I applied a little more and it stayed in place the rest of the day. There was zero feathering overall, which was pretty awesome considering I didn't have on any lip liner, nor did I shape my lips with concealer.

I received the color Honey Love, which is beautiful, but looked a bit dressy on me since I often wear softer pink shades. I checked out the other colors and prices online, and I'm eager to buy a few shades for myself!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the colors Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush. The coral wasn't very flattering on my skintone, so I gave it to someone else. I love the Cranberry Crush, though; it's a great fall/winter berry color. The balm stain gives an ok amount of moisture, but nothing amazing on that front. Comparing this to the Revlon Balm Stains, the stain is not nearly as good, so you will definitely have to reapply it more than you would with the Revlon ones. However, I think it is excellent for it's price point and would definitely recommend giving these a try if there are any colors that you think you'll like.