November 24, 2014 | 1241 users online

Lips - Jordana - Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ashlibrooke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product could be so much more than what it is. The price is great. It is $2.99 at my local Walgreens. It goes on smoothly and doesn't harden like other long wearing lip products can. And the staying power is wonderful. You can eat, drink, kiss and it doesn't come off easily.

Sounds great, right? It would be except the color completely changes once it's on your lips. I bought the colors Sweet Pink and Candied Coral. After I put on the Sweet Pink it turned to this fuchsia color. If I had wanted fuchsia, I would have bought fuchsia. I wanted something soft and pink, which is what the packaging and the color of the stick look like. But once I got it on, it was completely different.

The coral color turned to orange and I know coral is an orangish color but this was like pumpkin orange on my lips. I don't get it. This product would be perfect if the color didn't change once on your lips. I took them back and would not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product. It's only $2.99. It lives up to the "moisturizing" that it claims, most lip stains make my lips dry. I'd buy again when I run out, but I bought 2 of the color called "Cranberry Crush" because it's popular at Walgreens (according to the cosmetic department cashiers).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I shall add my 2 cents here girls. I am a straight up lip product junkie, and I will also preface this with I already bought AND returned the Too Faced balm stain! If you read this review you shall be rewarded lol. So here we go! This is like 2.99! AND you are not skimping on quality. I purchased Candied Coral (mm tasty ^__^) but seems like everyone got other colors and said they are ALL hot pink?? Well yes, this one is pink and because it IS so highly pigmented (that's a plus to me!) you can build the color! You can wear it like a jelly lipstick, but you can also blot each layer with a tissue! Add to the fact I have very chapped lips and this actually kinda helps moisturize especially if I blot then reapply. It's a stain remember so sometimes blotting is necessary for that bitten look! These smell like CANDY, okay? And this is a twist up product so no sharpening! It'd be awesome if there was a more orange or peach shade, but for now I am happy with the one I got and may try the raisin one. Also try just dabbing a bit on the middle of your lips and adding another gloss on top. This is a high quality product in my eyes, they smell better than the other drug store ones (Revlon etc). Try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these in sweet pink and nude. I have the same problem with these as with the Revlon balm stains: they change color after you apply them. The sweet pink looks like a nice, not too bright pink when you apply it. Unfortunately, check yourself in the mirror an hour later and you have neon fuscia lips. Yikes! Not flattering at all. The nude does this as well, though not quite as bad as the pink. The other problem with the nude is it is full of glitter, which I really don't want.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by EmBD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This one of my fave lip products ever! i got it in tropical frenzy which is super bright but pretty hot /coral pink.
PROS-
smooth
moisturising
long wearing
just the right texture
cheap! (beautyjoint)
packaging is pretty

CONS-
Hard to get off but ok since its a lip..tint

:) If you haven't guessed i recommend it ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had Honey Love, Cranberry Crush and Sweet Pink. All stained my lips bright HOT PINK! Especially Sweet Pink turned NEON PINK! Not a look Im going for and returned all of them. As some reviews said below, must be a chemistry thing. Loved the colors when first put on but later, whoo, boy, not good for me. I didn't mind the taste either, a fruit punch flavor.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in nude chic. I bought it because I had been wanting a nude shade that had a little bit of sparkle. This is very pretty and girly looking. It stays on, leaves a flattering stain, and was very affordable. It was less than $3. I'm planning on getting more colors. The only thing is, I'm not a fan of the smell. Overall good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My big problem with these is the fact that the color I get when I apply and the color on my lips just a short time later have no resemblance at all to each other. I bought three colors, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, and Terra Crave. Terra Crave is perfect for me, for about 15 minutes. A nice warm, rosy brown-ish. I put it on before I went into Kohl's today, right after I bought it. I loved it so much. Went in to shop, and about 15 minutes after applying it, I went to the fitting room. Fuschia lips. By the time I got to my car, the fuschia was very bright and very dark. It stains your lips quite quickly, which would be good, except that I don't look at all good in fuschia. I had bought the Honey Love on a previous trip, and that was too pale for me when I applied it. But that didn't last, fuschia in no time. Not quite as bright of a fuschia as the Terra Crave turned, but fuschia none the less. Cranberry Crush applies quite brightly to begin with, so that isn't quite as big of a change,.

I had this problem with the Revlon ones, too. I see that not everyone does, so it must be a chemistry thing.

It's really too, bad, as otherwise, these are very nice. Very moisturizing, don't leave my lips feeling dry at all, and they seem to stay on well. The price is nice, too, $3.29 each at Walgreen's. But alas, they are going to end up in the garbage, I guess. As I said, fuschia is not a good look for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love these balm stains. They offer a nice selection of colors (which is generally picked over at my local walgreens :P) and are much cheaper than the Revlon balm stains.
Unfortunately, I had the same issue with these that I did with the Revlon version- when they fade, they seem to become a fucshia color, rather than anything even remotely similar to the color they were when first applied. This must have something to do with my body chemistry, as I notice most people don't have this issue (or maybe people don't mind the fucshia? Is it normal for a "stain" to not resemble the lip color?). I don't like pink lip colors much, so, if I want to wear this, I have to keep reapplying.
Still, these are a really nice texture, don't seem to dry out my lips much and are easy to apply. I think I'll try a few more colors and see if I have any more luck, and I'll keep using the ones I have with constant reapplication to cover up the pinkiness, because I'm really loving the texture.
Just a hint to anyone else with this issue: I do notice that the effect of the pink stain is *slightly* less pronounced when I exfoliate my lips well before applying. Perhaps it's dead skin that turns pink and I just have constantly chapped lips...? I don't know, but this helps a little bit. Still not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Great stain balms. This is a great dupe for Revlon's stain balms. They are pigmented and smell like candy. The balm part lasts a typical amount if time and leaves a gorgeous even stain. Cranberry Crush is my favorite; a rich berry that leaves a beautiful berry stain.