October 2, 2014 | 938 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

Wow! for the small price tag, this stuff is a must have! it's dewy, medium coverage, and so natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by peachy16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It makes you look like you have naturally flawless skin. It gives a light coverage but definetley more coverage than any other drugstore bb cream I have tried. It definetley just looks like your skin but covers redness and hyperpigmentation. I have combo skin which is more on the dry side and it lasts about 5 hours before I start to get oily. It does have a scent which I love. Its a floral smell and I actually do notice the smell throughout the day it only fades a little. The packaging is very cute, sanitary, and easy to use. I paid $9.99 for this which I feel is a fair price. I did notice that I had one cystic pimple since I've started using, but anything with a sunscreen will do that to me. My skin is very sensitive to new products but I am certain is was the sunscreen that was the cause of the pimple. If you don't have problems with sunscreen breaking you out I am sure this Bb cream will not break you out. If you are looking for a drugstore bb cream I definetly recommend this one. The light is a perfect match for me, for reference I wear nude in Revlon color stay don't know my shade in Mac sorry!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love BB creams from Korea- looking at you Skin 79! I have steered away from any US versions as they usually don't get the formula right. Well, I have to say this Ponds BB cream impressed me. This BB cream matches my skin tone better than Skin 79! It has a nice consistency that is easy to apply and blend. This is very light coverage, which is what I want. It nicely evens out my skin tone. Although it says "luminous", I do not get a shimmery effect- which is good in my book. I've worn it several days now and I have not experienced any issues such as acne, irritation, bad fragrance, etc. It's very affordable (especially with sales and coupons) and is easily found in stores. I will say, this does not last long, but with my oily skin, I didn't expect it to. With its light coverage, it will need a powder touch up after about 5 hours or so. I find this to be the case with most bb creams or foundations.

PROS: Good value, matches my skin tones perfectly (in Light), applies easily and nicely, best formula I've found in US bb creams that are affordable.

CONS: This is not an option for ladies with deeper skin tones- this is why I took one lipstick off. Overall, I think there needs to be more options in BB creams for them. If you're looking for medium to full coverage, this is not the BB cream you're looking for.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by marchflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the best drugstore bb cream out there for normal to oily skin but even if you're a little dry I think it would still work. Coverage is light to medium and I feel like u can build it in areas where u need it more. Set it with a powder I'd you're oily. I think it's perfect for spring fall and winter but not sure how it will hold up in summer however I don't want something thick and heavy for summer anyways. It did crease a little under my eyes but I should have used my concealer for that area ...... It did cover my dark circles but it just wore off in that area more than my face. I will def buy again tho cuz u just can't beat that price and coverage. It's a my skin but quite a bit better product. Need more shades tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week for so and I just love this product!! It has a great consistency and alot of coverage for a product like this. My skin is a bit on the dry side and I put a heavier creme on dry spots before putting this on, then use very little powder. It does give skin a luminous look but there are no sparkles, etc. It lasts a long time also without getting cakey or obvious. I'm around a NC20 and light is a very good match. I'm glad I read reviews and tried this for it's just what I was needing right now which is a light foundation to cover redness (my skin is pretty good.) Am really pleased!
*edit* I will say that this is a *touch* too light but not super obvious. A bit of bronzer makes it perfect. If you are very pale this will probably work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The texture of this bb cream is quite nice. But that's pretty much the only thing I like about it. The shades are a bit strange. The light is too light, the medium is too dark at least for my winter skin. Also there is almost zero coverage. I guess I am just too old for a zero coverage product. It's not even a high enough SPF for me to use it exclusively for that purpose. I really had high hopes for this product. Other than my skin feeling nice I don't see any benefits to using this product. I have tons of moisturizers that do a comparable job. This will be going back. So sad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by snotface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not enough coverage and I don't like the subtle shimmer BUT I use it under my foundation and I love it. Helps keep my skin hydrated and my foundation has no SPF so I can get some sun protection still. Apply it with my fingers like a primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can't tell you whether or not this product does a good job, because even the lightest shade is too dark for my NC15 skin for me to have used it. Swatching it was all I could really do. I thought this review might be helpful to some other extremely pale skinned ladies so they could avoid this because of shade selection.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was kinda disappointed purchasing this BB Cream. As usual, my hopes have gone to the bin again and I'm worried that my search for the perfect BB Cream would never be successful. Not to brag but I'm actually lucky enough to have skin that looks fine even just with powder. But I wanted to put on a light tint on my face especially when I go to work so I resort to BB creams since I don't really like the feeling of heavy and cakey foundations. It could've been okay. It actually has great coverage, TBH. But it DOESN'T MATCH my skin tone. I am half Filipina and Thai and I'm always having a hard time finding a foundation that matches my weird undertone. (I can be NC30-NC35) This product looks gray on me. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by andjanir

I actually love this product, i've used it about a week. It does cover my acne prone really well (coverage: medium-high), it last for 4 hours and after that my face looks quite natural with a bit of dewy look. I apply it on before my powder, but for daily use i dont put on any powder. But i think it doesnt suit my skin type, because when i use this product it gives me a cracked look and got small acnes around my mouth, and also a burnt-feel around my upper mouth.

In terms of the price it's really cheap, and easy to find(any drugstore and supermarket). Overall, it is a good product(compare to any other drugstore product). But because of my sensitive skin, i'd rather stop using it :(