October 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by windsor

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have suffered from Rosacea for 40 years and have been searching endlessly for a foundation that does not make me break out, and ladies, this is it. This product stays on, doesn't clog pores, no breakouts. I am sixty years old and its been a long time coming. Stay away from all powders, bare minerals, Cover Fx etc they will make your rosacea crazy. Bismuth oxycholoride is in most of these products a known rosacea irritant, the makers of cover fx ought to know better they are dermatologists.

Thank you Maybelline.............

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

UPDATED: I love how its really creamy and easy to blend it my skin :) really enjoying this foundation :D

Update : So as much as I like this I hate how it just broke in half

==============================================================

I got the Maybelline stick foundation in 220 , I like that its in a stick because it just glides on my face is and is easy to blend . its really good for traveling . its light coverage if you apply one application but it you add two layers then you get med- to full coverage . I apply mine with powder so leave it less shinny . I would maybe buy it again if it would make me look oily

Pros -
Glides on easy
Good for people just starting off with makeup
Last long
Covers redness really well

Cons -
Makes you look oily or shinny
Needs to be set with powder
Makes dry skin look oily
Shows pore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by nostalgia496

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation didn't break me out! The first of a few I've used. My skin is seriously acne prone (I think especially to titanium dioxide- an ingredient found in majority of foundations and powders) and this foundation didn't give me any acne! This has medium to full coverage (depends on how you apply) and is easy to blend. I don't think this kept me 'shine-free' but it didn't make me oily either. The price was reasonable ($15 Australia) but the packaging seemed a little tacky. I found my broke at the base when I brought it out with me :/
Overall I recommend this foundation and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by madison810

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of my holy grails. The actual product is great because it's the perfect amount of coverage for me (sheer-medium) and is very build able. I only have this product 4 lipsticks because I wouldn't say this is a shine free foundation because I still have to set it with a powder so I stay matte, but to me, it isn't a problem since I always set my makeup with a powder. The price would be one lipstick, but it makes no sense to me that the liquid foundation is cheaper then the stick form, even though there is less product in the stick form. Lastly the packaging isn't the greatest because the cap cracked and now the product doesn't close securely, unless I tape the cracked part. Although there are some problems with this foundation, it is still my HG because of the actual foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have normal to slightly dry skin. Wearing shade 220 (one of the lightest colors in the medium category)--best for light-medium skin tone with neutral and/or very subtle olive undertone. Love this cream-to-powder foundation! Love the color and performance. Easy, fun application. I just dot over redness and then smooth out with a sponge. Natural looking, sheer/light to medium coverage but manages to even skin tone and neutralize redness. Soft, powdery matte finish.

I love the way my skin feels and looks while I'm wearing it and after I wash it off. Seems to improve the overall condition of my skin. Does not irritate my hypersensitive skin in the least. In fact, it seems to calm and soothe my skin.

I don't have oily skin so I don't know if this controls shine or not. As to the shine problems others are having with this product, perhaps that has more to do with what you are wearing under the foundation rather than the foundation itself. I don't usually wear a daytime moisturizer. I did one day and applied this foundation over it. My face shined all day (looked awful!) but did not feel the least bit greasy. When I apply this foundation over clean, bare skin or even over a salicylic treatment, I have absolutely no problems with shine at all.

Also, you must let this foundation completely set/dry before doing the rest of your makeup. If you don't give it time to dry, you will have problems with slippage/smearing/smudging. It takes some time, maybe as long as ten minutes. Wait until it has become totally powdery to the touch. If you check it and it's still a little tacky feeling, wait a little longer. Must be completely set/dry before proceeding with eye makeup, blush, etc.

As we age, it becomes increasingly difficult to wear powders. I think this foundation offers a beautiful option for women with mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just finished up a tube of this stuff today. Basically, I can't tell a difference in oil control, which it claims to: control oil. My shade for the summer is 220. The finish is okay, at best medium and that's if you build it up and even then, some of my redness shows through it. Packaging is great and convenient, no problems at all with the design. I've just been wearing it a lot lately to the gym, errands, etc. so I can use it up and move on. It's jush... meh. Moving on. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by lifeofhei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I'll admit that it is beautiful as you apply it. The color selection is great and it was a perfect match for my very fair skin. As many have said, it's super convenient to apply because of the stick form. It left my face looking natural but perfected... for about twenty or thirty minutes.

I do not have overly oily skin, and I usually have good luck with foundations lasting all day, but for some reason this formula just slides right off my face. I've tried it so many ways, looking for one to work - with moisturizer & primer, just moisturizer, just primer, and completely alone - no matter what I do, the staying power just isn't there.

I do live in the south where it's ungodly hot and humid, so I'm not sure if the climate would have something to do with it, but I've even tried it when I know I'm just going to sit around the house and it STILL doesn't last.

Also, I started to see some breakouts forming the last few times I tried to use it. Something to note if you're acne-prone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A piece of crap. For those with already oily skin that is, nope never buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kimjramsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the older version of Maybelline stick and it was a lot thicker than this. But my skin is dry and it would always settle in and look beautiful after a few hours.
This one seems just as good. Not as thick in consistency for dry skin so I added sunscreen first.
The most awesome thing about Maybelline stick is that it's soooo easy! And I always get gorgeous results! Just beautiful, don't know why I ever quit using?
First I add sunscreen and blend. Then I roll this all over and finish off with my foundation brush to smooth it out and finish up. I cant go back to regular cream makeup.
I would say for dry skin people to use a sunscreen under or moisturize first.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Phoenixz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought this product a few weeks back, Maybelline fit me foundation stick in porcelain. It is pretty easy to apply and blend to the face, but it was so bad on my face. It went all oily and patchy after I applied a light brush of matte powder, I tried some different powders, all look gross with this product. It went all grainy on my face and didn't last at all. It runs out fast too, I only put it around my jawline, forehead, cheeks nose and eyes and only have about 2 cm left, not much for the price, and bad quality, I wouldn't buy it again... (And yes, I've applied moisturiser and no moisturiser different times, still grainy.