Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 10/28/2014 9:18:00 AM

I have to say, I'm a fan of this product. Good concept. Gives you a dewy yet matt look where you don't need setting powder. If you do, use a minimal amount. It's quite light but you can build for more coverage. It's compact, easy to use and carry. Great for travel and on the go for touch-ups. Overall, I'll definitely purchase again. It's affordable and does the job.

on 10/26/2014 10:00:00 PM

Love love love this!! So fast and easy too!

on 10/24/2014 12:47:00 PM

I L-O-V-E this foundation. It goes on smooth and easy. This is the easiest foundation in the world- I just swipe it directly on my face in a downward motion and blend with my fingers. I do it in the car on some mornings! I find it's best to go in a downward motion, which will matte the hair on your face down- If you go against the grain of the hair, it'll accentuate them, giving you that powder-y, downy look. The waxes in the formula will make the hairs stand up lol.

This gives a satin finish. It's not totally matte (thank god), so it doesn't look unnatural. However, it WILL keep you from getting shiny throughout the day. I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation, but you can build coverage without looking unnatural.

If you sweat when you work (like I do) the sweat will bead on the foundation, rather than making it run, which tends to happen with liquid foundations. Again, this is thanks to the waxy components of the formula. This looks weird, but it's a good thing, cause you can just pat the sweat off with some paper towels or toilet paper, and the foundation will look almost as good as it did before the sweat. I do tend to reapply after sweating, as some of it will come off.

This stuff covers my post-breakout dark spots as well as any and all redness. I don't even have to use my concealer.

I love the Fitme liquid foundation as well. I wear 120 in both stick and liquid, but the liquid foundation is darker. Despite this, the Fitme line has shades for almost anyone. The foundation doesn't have any weird undertones- not pink, yellow, or ashy looking! Despite the waxes (necessary to keep a stick foundation in a stick), it's not too heavy at all and doesn't break me out. It's truly one of the best drugstore foundations you can buy.

on 10/23/2014 8:45:00 AM

I've tried the Maybelline Fit Me! Liquid Foundation and I absolutely HATED it, but this one is so fantastic! I can use this foundation on-the-go since it's so easy to just glide it on your face, blend it in and go!
I got the lightest shade in 110 and it matches my skin tone perfectly.
It can get oily so touch ups are required but I honestly love this foundation!!!

on 10/17/2014 6:13:00 PM

This product has an awesome concept: gel stick with powder core, easy & fast application. That's about where it stops. I purchased natural beige 220 and it seemed to be a nice match, but the problem is I felt this offered NO coverage. I put small streaks of the stick around my face, across forhead, and down nose/chin area then stippled with a rounded kabuki brush. I set the foundation with ELF HD finishing powder. I had to be careful because I never felt like this foundation "set". It just kind of layered on my face. I've used other pan foundations and they will usually dry after a few minutes, this one never seemed to reach that point. A few hours later I had a silicone-like feel everywhere. My freckles and age spots were still fairly visible, the foundation settled into fine lines as the day progressed. I even gave this foundation a couple of tries before writing this review. Sadly it's in my give-away pile. I feel this might offer a great sheer coverage if you are looking for a quick-easy light coverage, and don't have a lot of imperfections you are trying to hide.

on 10/7/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this stuff! I use it to contour my face and it works very well! I am impressed. I haven't tried it as a foundation yet, so I can't comment about that. But if you are looking to highlight and contour I would recommend this! Especially if you do your makeup shopping at a drugstore.

on 10/7/2014 10:19:00 AM

I purchased this stick in Classic Ivory #120. This is a great match for my skin - literally blends right in, no orange tones at all. I have never found a stick foundation that matches like that. I use a beauty sponge to apply this to my skin. I am not a fan of just swiping the stick where I want it. The beauty blender allows me to add more coverage and to stipple it where I need more coverage. This is definetly not a full coverage item, more like light to medium. I do like how softly it applys and when adding more coverage, it does not cake. I love stick foundations, my favorite was Loreal's Quik Stick which has long been discontinued. The color match can be difficult due to the anti-shine core, but I used the liquid foundation to use as a basis. The classic ivory colors seemed to match really well and took the gamble of getting the stick and trying it out. I am glad I did.

The price for this stick ranges between $6-8 from where you purchase. I always use cosmetic coupons before buying something new, this way I can either store it away for later use or return for some $$ back. I do find that this is not long wearing makeup, but it does not cake for rub off completly. I only noticed a small touch up needed to certain areas; around the nose, and middle of the chin - most areas people touch during the day.

I definetly would purchase this again as a quick out the door stick. I have been trying to go minimal for a year now and this is a excellent item to help me look polished and not over done.

This stick could work well if the application is done correctly. Some people resort to using the stick itself, their fingers or a beauty blender. Try it out and play around before giving up on this item. You might find a technique that works best for you. The convience and space saving of this item is great. Perfect on the go makeup.

on 10/4/2014 10:13:00 PM

I use this when I'm in a hurry and I have to cover some skin. I use it as a primer, and then add some powder.
It's not that bad but I feel that doesn't cover much and doesn't last long either. I don't seem to find the matte effect at all.
I won't buy it again.

on 9/26/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Good coverage. But its confusing to pick your shade because of the anti shine core. It does get kind of may I say oily. But its easy to blend out. I probably won't recommend it,I'd say with Revlon 24 hr foundation.

on 9/23/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have been looking for a perfect foundation for a while now... I cant say I have yet, but with all the foundations I do have, I find myself always going back to this one!
I can say that amoungst drugstore brands, this one is definitely one of the best!
It claims to be made for oily skin, and my skin is extremely oily so I decided to give it a try. I cant say that this has controlled or reduced shine, but I do like the dewy look, and I dont feel like I look like a grease-ball by the end of the day and I don't feel the product on my face. It's very light.
I looove the packaging (stick format). I think its fun to use and it makes the application easy. You only need a few strokes and the coverage is also buildable. It can go from sheer to medium to full! I wasnt too sure how to spread the foundation and I find that the coverage is not as even when I use a brush...I like to apply it with my fingers, I find that I get a more even spread.
I would say that the consistency is a cream to powder.
I would recommend and definitely purchase again for work days or to run errands.