April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my current favourite foundation. I love the texture, it applies SO smoothly, much like a silicone based primer. It gives nice light-medium coverage, and I usually build a little extra as a second layer on any red areas around my nose and chin. I like to apply it directly on my face then buff out with a duo-fibre brush. The finish looks satin, and I find once I set it with a good translucent loose powder (as I do with all foundations) it looks great and lasts. I did deduct some points for price because although I have no issue with the packaging itself, you don't get a whole lot of this product per tube, so the value is a little low in that regard.

But that said, I am on my third and I'm sure not last tube of this - I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for about 3 months now so I'm confident in having the right opinion for this product. Overall this product is pretty good. If your one of those girls who has no time in the morning for the whole liquid foundation & beauty blender life, than this is PERFECT for you since you can just streak it on your face and it will even out your skin tone, giving you better looking skin. Although if you want heavy coverage for acne spots or scars, you may not like this because of its sheer coverage. I do say I like this overall because sometimes I don't have time for my makeup as student and I would say I have pretty decent skin but it doesn't fully cover my scaring. I also recommend to use this with a powder because it can get you a little oily if you don't & may even rub off faster. Hope this was helpful to you (:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did a decent job of keeping my oily skin shine-free for most of the day. I'm NC15 and I've tried both 115 and 120 - they both suited me. I've found a good way to apply this is to just streak it across your face a few times, straight from the stick, then blend it even with a firm and flat foundation brush. I needed a touch-up with powder during the day, but the matte effect was solid. The one thing I didn't like is that I thought it made my skin look a bit dull and flat, but I guess that's the trade-off for a cheaper matte finish product with medium coverage. Definitely use some highlighter on your cheeks with this. I think the stick is nice and convenient, but the packaging doesn't seem too sturdy and I think it could crack easily. I used this when I don't have the time in the morning to properly apply liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sophier5139

This product is a definite rip off - I can say with confidence I will not be repurchasing this product. It is very solid and doesn't glide onto the skin like you'd expect. The consistency just isn't right, and once on, is extremely difficult to rub in. The coverage is poor - but if you apply more than one layer to increase the coverage, it begins to look caky and seems to be even more difficult to rub in. Lastly, the product is very very drying and even more difficult to rub into dry areas (that have been caused by the product).

The only positive things I have to say about this is the packaging - it does look very sleek and the application method is quite unique for a foundation, but it just doesn't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I'm a 125 in the regular Fit Me liquid foundation, but I bought the 120 and it fits me just fine. It's definitely not a matte finish. I would say it's a more satin/powdery feel... my husband was amazed that it made my skin feel soft hehe. The coverage is very light, and I guess it would be buildable but if I want/need more coverage I use my fuller coverage foundation. It doesn't stick to my dry patches and looks and feels like skin. It's not long wearing, but the tube is so compact and it's easy to apply that I have no problem touching up a bit mid-day (I love that I can take it with me). f you're looking for an easy light weight light coverage foundation, this might just work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product because I was lucky enough to find a perfect shade match. It was incredible. The gel slid on nicely and did an okay job with coverage (I prefer full and this provided medium at best.) Also, since this is a drugstore product and rather affordable I bought two darker shades for contouring.

I thought I had found a cheap, everyday alternative to my bare minerals that's more pricey and I could save it for nights out and special occasions.

Wrong.

This product broke me out. And I don't mean a small spot on my chin. I'm talking cystic masses on my cheeks and chin. It was awful. I've never had make up break me out like that before. Additionally, it didn't make my face matte at all. I was so excited to have a perfect shade that I looked past that and used a matte finishing veil to pick up this products promised slack.

I'm still using a dark mark remover (3 months later) to get rid of the post acne marks this gel stick left me with. If you are oily - don't fall for the same empty promise I did. And if you are prone to break outs run away. And run fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SoMomplicated

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so here's my deal. I like the product. But not as a foundation. The coverage is honestly not that great. Yeah sure it's build-able but for the small amount you get in the stick. Not worth it. The shade selection is poor. But I'm a savvy person and was not about to waste it. So I started trying just using it as a concealer, etc. One day out of pure curiosity I applied it to my lids before shadow. BOOM! In love. Made a PERFECT & cheap eye lid primer. The consistency applied similar to Elf Eyelid Primer. This has now became my holy grail eyelid primer! Whaaaaat?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by anb8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I actually really like this foundation.
It goes on really smoothly. I was surprised by this because stick foundations that I've used in the past have been SUPER cakey and thick. This also blends really well (I use my fingers, but others have said foundation brushes work well, too).

I have combination/oily skin and it lasts throughout my 8 hour work day nicely when I set it with loose powder. I do get oily, but no makeup actually works that promises a shine-free face all day (in my opinion). It's sheer-medium coverage. I've read reviews from others who have said that they had a hard time finding a match to their skin's undertones. It turns out, this foundation matches my fair skin better than ANY other foundation I've ever tried.

My only concern is the price and how long the stick will last. I got it with a coupon for $7 at my local grocery store. If it lasts a month or so (with applications every day), then it would be worth the price. It just doesn't look like you get a lot in the stick....but only time will tell!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, Here's the Problem, A you have to do research to find your shade out you'all be there forever like me, :) B, It defines pores, It will cover but then BLOOP a million pores! C (MY DEALBREAKER) It lasts horrible, Two hours without primer tops!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wanted a replacement for Clinique's City Stick which I've worn for years. This is so much cheaper and just as good. I wear 220 and it's similar in color to L'Oreal True Match W3 golden beige. I love how I can pop it into my purse, don't need a brush or sponge. Can touch up my concealer and spots throughout the day if need be.