Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 3/15/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are classic brow pencils, and I've used them since I was a teen. The colors are very natural, and the formula stays put and is long wearing. Not to mention they are inexpensive! I generally only use a brow pencil for my brows when I am doing makeup for going out and using a smokey eye. Classic standby!

on 2/10/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using these for YEARS. I use the dark blonde shade. Recently I tried the Revlon eyebrow thing (one end is a pencil and the other is a tinted gel) and found that dark blonde to be too red on me. So I have gone back to using these then topping it with the Revlon tinted gel. I like that you get two pencils in one package...usually I have one in my "on the go" makeup bag and the other at home in my normal stash. The only downside is that you have to keep them sharpened (more so than other pencils I've used) or they become really difficult to transfer color. But I use mine daily and have lots to fill in and they still last probably 6 months.

on 2/1/2012 7:34:00 AM

I am on my third pack of these eyebrow pencils. I love them so much that I don't even want to bother trying other eyebrow makeup like the powdered eyebrows, because these are so cheap and easy to use, and their lasting power is excellent. They pretty much come in all natural hair colors from the brows for blonde hair to brows for darker hair. I have slightly asymmetrical brows and uneven brow hair distribution, so I use these pencils to draw in "missing" hairs, shape and define my brows with a sharpened point, broad edge, or by blending (and this is wonderfully blendable). The pencil is soft, and a little like a gel if you use just enough on your eyebrows, that it's easy to brush your eyebrow hairs into shape and remove excess product, and keep the shape of your eyebrows throughout the day.

The casing of the pencil is great and I've never had a problem with sharpening these eye pencils, but I definitely notice that the formula of the pencil is creamy enough to make a sticky, smudgy mess as it coats the blades of your sharpeners.

The color can fade a little with these, so what I usually do with each pack of two is keep a pencil at home and another pencil in my bag for touch-ups on the go. These last a long time too! You just can't mess up with these. I love it enough to wear it right down to a tiny little stub of a pencil!

on 1/28/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This pencil is a hard pencil so you have to use some pressure. It's way too warm for my tastes; I purchased the light brown. Because of that I still use it and then use a Clinique brown shadow I have over it. This cuts out the warmth and creates a lasting brow.

on 1/11/2012 9:48:00 PM

I have medium brown hair and naturally dark brown eyebrows. I've been looking for a dark brown brow pencil/powder that wasn't too dark (black) but not red or orange either. I don't really fill in my brows so much as I extend them a little bit on the ends. I used Maybelline's define-a-brow in dark brown for a while but I still found it just a little tiny bit too warm - it's hard to describe, but it was just a little too orangey-brown.

I finally tried this pencil on a whim because I have a soft spot for self-sharpening brow pencils. This time I tried the black velvet shade and I was pleasantly surprised to find it a really dark ashy brown (not a true black). I think if I put it over my whole brows it would be too much, but just a little at the ends is perfect! No more orangey eyebrow tails ;)

on 11/15/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once upon a time this was my go to liner. I, along with all my girlfriends at school, purchased these because they came two to a package, for very little money and unlike other far creamier, though even less expensive pencils we could have purchased, this stayed on hour after hr with one caveat, we first melted the tip a bit with a lighter or match. I know, hot like molten lava anything should not go near the eyes, but I always waited until it almost solidified again, then applied. I don't see this in stores generally or I would buy it again. I know many who use it for brows as un-melted it stays in place a long time. I have thick brows and have never used it in that capacity. I love the red pencil too, glad to see not everything changes! so lady-like and classic!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
- waterproof
- super cheap (2 pencils cost around three dollars)
- has a very wide color range
- lasts a really long time

CONS:
-can feel very stiff and dry at times (it helps if you warm it up on your hand)
- packageing breaks easily(the lids don't always stay on)

on 11/1/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first started out with makeup, I bought two of these eye pencils in black. I know what you're thinking, but don't worry - I realized pretty soon what a faux pas it was to use black eyebrow pencils when you don't have black hair. And guess what? I haven't learned my lesson, anyway! I still use them, a VERY VERY light application. I love them! Fills in my brows, makes them nice and dark, but not overly so. Doesn't last TOO long throughout the day, but I suppose I could bring my pencil with me if it mattered that much. Meh.

I will use up the last of my pencil (I can't throw makeup away, ladies, I just can't!) and try again with lighter colors. I don't know if I should buy this brand again - I've only tried one eyebrow pencil, I think I should try other options. It might work very well for you! I suggest that you try, at least!

on 10/28/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the longest time, I was using the darker shade of L'Oreal Classic Khaki eyeshadow to do my brows. It worked perfectly when I was dyeing my hair black. Now that I'm getting older, I decided to go back to my natural hair color--medium/light brown with a strong natural dark blonde highlight. I needed a blonde pencil as it is the only thing that looks natural now. I picked these up on a whim-- 3.49 for two not on sale is a pretty sweet price. I actually like the pencil. It has a firm texture, and I don't have to sharpen but every other use. When I was little, my grandmother used these. I think she actually still does. The thing I really like about this pencil is it doesn't have a warm tone to it. I've never seen an eyebrow pencil that is cool-toned, but my brows are very ashy...so I need it. Overall, I've gone through a few packages of these babies, and I'll keep using them unless I find something better that isn't like 20 bucks.

on 10/18/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

These are brow pencils that I always seem to return to. I love them and they blend very well. I like the size, which makes them perfect for my makeup bag. Would repurchase again and again.

Popular Brows Products