October 20, 2014 | 863 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh you have got to get some of this! FABULOUS! I also use this after showering on my feet along with a foot file and my feet get baby soft. I'll usually take off all my polish before I get into the shower then do my fingers and feet at the same time. While I'm doing my feet it soaks into my hands and cuticles so I just push back my cuticles when I'm done with my feet and I'm ready for my DIY mani-pedi. . . .er, pedi-mani. Be sure to wash off very well.

I will restate what a different reviewer said: this stuff is CAUSTIC and a bit dangerous. Keep itaway from kids and your eyes. Don't do what I did: I used a creedo blade after soaking my feet and then using this. VERY BAD. It got all the dead skin off and the lanolin leaves your feet nice and slick--I ended shaving off a HUGE chunk of skin on the bottom of one foot the kept on bleeding for a couple of days. I was hobbling around with a bandaged foot for a week while it healed and it hurt like hell.

Anyway, great product but you really must read the label and follow directions.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is amazing. Nothing else I've used has allowed me to degunkify my cuticles as easily and effectively as Blue Cross cuticle remover. It comes in a very nondescript plastic bottle with a flip top (think of the old infusium 23 shampoo bottles) that isn't the best for neat and targeted application of the product but this is so cheap and the bottle is so huge that it really doesn't matter much. I pour a little bit out into an old pigment sample jar or similar container, grab a q-tip and saturate it til it's dripping sopping wet and apply this generously to the cuticles of both feet/hands (sometimes both). I do one foot, then the other, then start pushing back the cuticles on the first foot with my thumbnail (it's that easy!). While I am doing this I make sure to keep the other foot "wet" with cuticle remover. I scrape back the cuticles on the other foot and wash the remover off with soap and water, et voila, immaculate cuticles! The only caveat is that this is effectively a very dilute LYE SOLUTION (read: corrosive) and thus you should be careful not to use it on broken skin, keep it away from your eyes, etc. and wash it off very thoroughly to ensure you're not leaving it on your skin for too long. Other than that this is cheap. effective, easy to use, and should be a staple for anyone who does at home manis/pedis.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This stuff is great! I never noticed how much gunk and crud remains on my nails and around the nailbed until I started using this. I put a few drops on each nail, then massage it in. Then I use my metal nail pusher thingy and start scraping away. What's really gross is the first time I used it, the debris was yellow, and there was a lot of it (gross, I know). Afterward, my nails looked fresh and healthy, and my nails looked whiter! This humongous bottle with last me quite a while, but if ever I run out, I'll definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Its a great value, for about $10 you get a HUGE bottle that will last for quite a while.

It works great, too. I apply with a q-tip (its a bit messy, very watery consistencey), let it soak into my cuticle for a minute then scrape off with a orangewood stick. Keeps my nails looking neat and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Dhaunivan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Took the recommendation from here on MUA,and wow it's great! All other reviews are right, it's thin, watery and milky, so get a small dish of some sorts to pour it in for easier use. I used a cotton pad, but I didn't really think it was super effective, and I just ended up dipping my cuticle stick in the liquid and 'flooding' my cuticle that way. What I liked best about this product was that it removed that annoying thin build up on my nail bed. And as others noted, I'll buy it again, in 10 years when this huge bottle runs out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best cuticle remover I have ever used. I was using Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover but I find this to be much more effective. I was concerned about the watery consistancy at first, but it's very easy to work with. I put it on my cuticles with a cotton ball and let it soak for a few seconds. The price can't be beat for the size of the bottle. I definitely recommend it and won't be switching.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

Wow. I wish I tried it 4 years ago, when I started DIY manicures and pedicures. I am not thrilled by the consistency, but thanks to the previous reviewers I just do 2-3 nails at a time using an old MU brush.

Also, this is THE best thing ever to remove dye stains from the skin. I tint my lashes/brows: one swipe with a Q-tip and I had zero stains, ze-ro. Given how this stuff works, I would not be surprised if one can use it for a quick clean-up of a nuclear reactor. I do not see any damage to my nails/skin, thou.

Since it's dirt cheap, I did a warm (nuked in a microwave) foot bath with it. About 5 minutes, some scrubbing - and I have the best pedi ever.

Like:
- price
- effectiveness
- multipurpose

Dislike:
- too good to be true?

Since a "deep pedicure" requires a lot, I will repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tkhrimyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this cuticle remover. It definitely works, you just have to know how to use it. I accidentaly purchased the large 32oz size lol so it's probably going to last a lifetime. Used it on my husband's hands as well, he was impressed :) I use Qtica Solid Gold cuticle oil after.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After attempting to use this product countless times with no real success, I was almost ready to give up and call it a dud. Not long ago I went to Sally's and got a wood stick (no clue what they're called) for pushing cuticles and solved my issue. This product only works if you have something to push and remove cuticles with. This does not remove cuticles on its own (for me at least) and it certainly does not work just by soaking and washing off with warm water.

Though it works really well and removes cuticles with some effort, I find that the results do not last. A few days after using this product my cuticles start to grow back. I guess that's just how it is due to nail growth. Even though it works I will not repurchase simply because I accidentally bought a 16oz instead of 8oz bottle so it will last years and years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best cuticle remover I've used and also the cheapest! Mine came in a giant 32 oz bottle; I paid about SGD$15 for it here in Singapore. I struggled with this at first because it was so liquidy. I decanted a small amount into a small Muji squeeze tube, but it still got all over my nails, my table, my clothes - just a mess. Then I decanted it into a clean Manicare cuticle remover bottle and finally I experienced the real magic of this product. I brushed over cuticles, going over each nail 2x and sort of 'flooding' the cuticles on 3 sides of the nail but not till my fingers were dripping. When most of it evaporated (about a minute), I used an orange stick and cuticles just turned to mush and came off with almost no effort. I would definitely recommend using a brush to apply this product. Otherwise it can be really messy and ineffective.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No