September 14, 2014 | 2098 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by describing my lashes as: medium-length, straight, and downward-facing. Because of the latter two points, my lashes work best with waterproof/dry formulas, so it's a shame this mascara doesn't come in a waterproof version. I tried it anyway because this mascara has received so many positive reviews, and it is also very cheap to buy.

It holds true to its name, it really did give me amazing volume. It is a very black mascara (which I love), so it defined my lashes as it thickened them. However, it really weighed down my lashes as the formula was so wet for my already straight lashes. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara, and after applying this particular mascara, my lashes just fell straight.

The brush is humongous as many people have already mentioned. The opening also allows too much product to come out with the brush, so you have to wipe the brush at the tip to eliminate the amount you don't need. I didn't really find flaking, but it is really easy to remove!

Overall this mascara gives great volume, but no length or curl for me, whatsoever. Maybe if they had a waterproof version...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm conflicted about this, it gave my small straight asian lashes the thickest volume in one swipe. And it looked great when applied, after a couple hours however, it did tend to melt on me and give me raccoon eyes every so often but when cleaned up it still looked great. Like all decent volumising mascaras, it can get clumpy if your are overenthusiastic, so wipe excess product before applying.
I loved swiping my lashes into existence but I think I prefer a lower maintenance mascara. For the price however I find it amazing, it perfoms well and it's easy to remove.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

First of all I want to state that I'm sad this doesn't come in waterproof. Anything that isn't waterproof gets everywhere on me. Only waterproof mascaras stay.

Besides that fact I wasn't really "wowed" with this mascara. It doesn't do any sort of volume, length, thicken my lashes, give a curl.... nothing. I just couldn't like it for what it was. I even tried pairing it with other mascaras and that didn't do squat for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by barbiedolled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this by saying that I have very long, very curly lashes - I really wanted to love this mascara, but it just didn't work for me.

The wand is completely saturated in excess product, it ALWAYS picks up way too much. I tried to make this work by cleaning off the brush a bit before I applied it, but this product simply was a no go for me. The formula weighs down my lashes, I find the wand is unnecessarily too big, and it flakes on me throughout the day.

If you're dying to try this out, I'd say go for it - I picked it up for $4.99 at Ulta so it isn't much of a loss if it doesn't work out. My advice is to be a bit wary if you have similar lashes. There seem to be a lot of people who swear by this, but for me personally it just didn't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by s0fieee

I really really wanted to like this, and at some point I do, but it is so so clumpy!!! it does indeed give you crazy volume, even at the point of "too much" which isn't good as they look super fake and not flattering, and if you put a bit too much than needed your eyelashes clump together so much that it looks like you only have 3-4 super fat eyelashes which looks bad. I think what causes that, is that the opening where the brush comes out is too big, so all the product stays on the brush. I will try the black one also, it may look a bit more natural, because I don't really like plastic brushes. they make your eyelashes also look 'plastic'.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Freebirdsoul

First off, I have very wimpy fine lashes.

I didn't expect to love this mascara. Most mascaras make my eyes burn, and make my lashes look spidery. Almost every mascara I have purchased (esp from the drugstore) has ended up being pitched, with a few exceptions (physicans forumula, clinique, dior, benefit).

That being said, I love the formula of this mascara. It gives me more volume and length than any mascara I have ever tried. I honestly have never been so been happy with my lashes. Usually on weekends or date nights I pop on some falsies, but I havent even bothered since using this mascara. (Not saying it looks AS good as falsies, but it makes me not want to bother with them as often). It also stays on my lashes all day and does not flake off.

Only thing I'm not crazy about is the brush, its larger than necessary.

I will add that this isnt the easiest mascara to remove. I use hemp oil/olive oil to remove my eye makeup which helps a lot with getting this mascara off at night.

Def. my HG mascara for sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the waterproof version. This mascara is ok for the price. The brush is large but the bristles are short and rubbery so it's not hard to use. The formula goes on a bit wet so give it a few extra minutes between coats. It's buildable and very black, and doesn't clump for me. One problem with it is that it smears a bit and flakes a lot by the end of the day. But the biggest problem for me is that it will not hold a curl, and that is very disappointing for a waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I wanted to test it because it's really cheap and I've read that it was great, and what a surprise !! When I opened it, I thought "god the brush is really big", but in fact it is easy to apply. This mascara is amazing, it makes my lashes huge and beautiful. It can be a little clumpy so you want to keep a light hand but it is GREAT !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ashley1718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never gotten this much volume from a mascara. Pretty easy to use and makes my eyelashes really stand out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Can not explain my love for this mascara! I was using benefit they're real for a while but then I discovered this mascara and was amazed. It builds up so nicely and doesn't clump, stays on without flaking, separates my lashes, adds volume and gives great length. I have repurchased this product about 6 times already.