Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have not written a review in years... I felt compelled to do so only because of how good this stuff works!!! I heard a lot of hype about this mascara on the boards, but did not actually give it a try until I watched a YouTube review. Even then I kind of thought she already had pretty full lashes compared to my thin lashes. I should add they are also poker straight, sparse, and I am even missing a few lashes on my left eye thanks to a chicken pox scar. I was AMAZED at how thick and full this makes my lashes appear. It really does look like false lashes. I like the brush quite a bit, as it both seems to volumize AND is small enough that I can get in the corners and outer edges. There are a few downsides in that the product does clump up a bit on the brush, and then can get a little clumpy if you try to put on too many coats. This happened the first time I applied and I quickly went in with my CG clumpcrusher brush and this helped. It also flakes by the end of the day... For this reason I can't give it a 5, but this stuff is THE best I've used for volume and fullness in my entire life. I found it at Ulta for $4.99- dirt cheap compared to the cost of the many high end mascaras I have used in the past-- most recently I tried the gift set from Sephora (Christmas 2014) that contained all their best sellers... Buxom, Too Faced, KVD, Benefit, Smashbox, UD, etc. I hated them all... and I was very unahppy with the product. I've used Dior, Shiseido, Lancome, before that, but ultimately I always came back to my favorites which were CG Lash Exact (for precision), and Clump Crusher for fullness. But this stuff makes my lashes 2-3x appear more thick than the CG ones. I just hope I can keep finding it in the store and that it doesn't get discontinued :( In the meantime i am stocking up on this stuff....

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I could not believe my dumb luck when I found this mascara. HOLY GRAIL.

I purchased this from shoppers drug-mart in Canada for 4.99. I originally tried an essence mascara that I got for 2 dollars from Fred Meyer in the States. The cashier told me to 'get the pink one next time, it's amazing.' The other one I tried (the black one 'get big lashes') did not impress me at all I actually threw it out.

So, back in Canada in shoppers i see the little essence stand in the isle and i grab ' the pink one ' it was only 5 dollars so why not, i didn't have high hopes but I liked the brush so.... what's 5 dollars right??? I bought it.

I have been wearing mascara for 10 years and I have never found one that I like as much as this. It builds very quickly and the brush is so sturdy and FAB. I don't like buying expensive mascara because, hey, a gurl goes through those things quickly and they dry up and can cause infection if you keep those bad boys too long.

This mascara is amazing, I would purchase 40 of them and not have any regrets, I've recommended it to several people and they all love it as well. I am picky with mascara and I ain't straying away from this one any time soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first essence mascara I have purchased. A friend of mine suggested it, and her lashes always look amazing so I thought I'd give it a shot. This mascara is comparable to higher end products. My only complaint is its far too goopy and wet. The product itself seems rather potent. It does however, create intense volume and add a decent amount of length. Its super cheap too. For $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart why not re-purchase this product!?

This mascara isn't my favourite out of all the essence mascaras but it's still good. It makes my eyelashes very black but not as long as I like them. It clumps a little but it's no hassle and for the price it's amazing. Probably wouldn't buy again but I'll keep using it till it dries up

so let me just say, i never write reviews just spend all day reading them. its crazy how depend i am on makeup alley.. this is a great great mascasa it is def comparable to high end.. people always ask if im wearing fake eye lashes. mind you i have semi long average lashes and this stuff works!! i def recommend to ppl with average length lashes! it is messy yes but i can deal with the mess it is definately one of the best drugstore and ever high end. i would just say to apply it cautiously if you do that you will not have a mess to clean up bc it is very wet. however i have extremely happy with the price $6 ulta and will repurchase. never have issues with mascara fall out
it has amazing performance for the price

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cuz many ppl said it is a good mascara. in muy case, it irritated me, muy eyes got swollen and ver y red. and the mascara smudge an flaky and is hard to clean. I wont buy it again

I am so glad I tried this mascara!The bright pink tube is what drew me in.I long for long,dark,thick eyelashes and this mascara delivers!I love the brush.It is one of those plastic like applicators where the bristles looks more prickly if that makes any sense?I actually prefer these type of brushes because I find it gives more volume and you can control the brush better.When applying this mascara allot of product does get on the tip of the brush so I either wipe it off with a tissue or just wipe off the excess on the inner rim of the tube.Once I do this its time to apply!I wiggle my brush and give it a couple of swipes and BAM my lashes are super long and thick and very black.I don't think this is one of those mascaras where you can apply quickly and go, it can tend to look clumpy if you don't take your time applying and comb the brush through enough (or if you don't remove the extra product on the brush).Besides that I love this mascara and for the price of $4.99 its a steal!

Wow, what a great find! I love the volume and length this gives!! I use it on top of a waterproof coat and I love how long it makes my lashes. Awesome value!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off - the little pink tube is very attractive! I find that this mascara does provide crazy volume and damn it looks great... but... If you have weak, thin or Asian lashes they will lose their curl soon after application. So be aware if you fulfill this type. Also, I find that it always smudges underneath my eyes a few hours later. Very unforunate but it is a problem I have with many mascaras. If like me, this is a common problem for you - give it a miss. If not, then purchase and enjoy as otherwise it makes your lashes look amazing. Oh and it is cheap!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hated this mascara at first, not knowing why it's so popular. At first it was so wet, I had to swipe the wand across the top to get the excess product off. It made my lashes all sticky, so I had to use a spoolie which made the situation better. After a month of using it, it dried out a little bit, and then I started to like this mascara, because it made my lashes long and voluminous after two coats. I already bought another one ;)

Popular Mascaras

They're Real
They're Real
Roller Lash
Roller Lash

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Top Rated Essence Products