Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 9/17/2014 7:27:00 PM

This stuff is good....reallll good. The brush is long, but I love it, I feel like I can really get in there and get all my lashes. I have a tendency to miss the inner corner and very outer lashes, this mascara really helps with that problem. I like the formula, not too wet, not too dry. The amount of volume you are looking for can really be played with. You can do one or two coats and have pretty big lashes or you can do 3 or 4 and have huge lashes. I really like how versitale this mascara is. I have gone through a billion types of mascara, I believe I will be repurchasing, which is rare, because I am usually half way satisfied and still on the hunt. The hunt is over for awhile, I like this stuff!

Edited to add, this does NOT flake on me at all. By the end of the day my lashes are still looking big and perfect.

on 9/11/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good drugstore mascara. I think I have unreal expectations of mascara because in every ad they're either photoshopped or have false lashes on.

on 9/10/2014 9:14:00 AM

I really liked the way this mascara looked after initial application. It was cheap (I think $4.99 at Ulta) and I liked that too. You can really add some drama by adding more on. But by mid-day I noticed a had a TON of flakes around my eye, and then by the end of the day it was mostly worn off. And I had a black eye. Can't believe noone else seems to be having this problem. I wouldn't buy again because it just seems to flake too much. I'm on day 3 of trying this and having the same issue.

I'm not the kind of girl who buys cheap makeup. I love saving my money and buying beautiful expensive products. However, every time i pass my the essence corner in my grocery store I pick up some products just for fun.

Fortunately I picked up this mascara. It was a revelation, truly.
I've tried plenty of mascaras; Lancome's made my eyes blood red, Chanel were not very impressive,

So Dior's were till now the best I tried.
Then I tried this mascara. I literally screamed "WOW" when i finished the first layer.

Really, you need to try this

on 9/8/2014 2:29:00 PM

I love this mascara. I am a lover of any good packaging the tube is beautiful and fun! it makes my lashes full and thicker. I would highly recommend it to any one to buy this mascara.

on 9/8/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love I Love Extreme Crazy Volume mascara!! It's my go-to for amping up the drama and for only $5 CAD! You basically get what mascaras costing 5x as much fail to do properly (YSL, Tarte, Benefit, MAC... :).

It gives great length, is intense black, holds a curl like it ain't no thang and of course adds loads of volume in a few swipes. As the name implies, it's for girls who want their eyes to pop. Not the time for utterly fluttery soft type of lashes here! :P

The application was a learning curve. The wand is ginormous so you shouldn't apply too quickly lest you should risk transfer/clumpiness. Gently swipe it upward without wiggling and the finish is perfectly voluminous and curled. The wand collects a lot of product so you should wipe the end to avoid getting a nasty mess on the side of your nose. Also, it takes a while to dry so you may want to get the bottom done first. Removing is a bit tough but not so much that it caused my lashes to fall out (looking at you, Tarte LCL!).

A lot of people have commented on the juvenile packaging and I totally agree that it's sort of teeny-bopper rebel chick but it kind of reminds me of when I was first starting to experiment with makeup which is nice...just me? Ok :) Also, I agree it would be nice if it were sealed.

Lastly, just want to say L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is still my HG for everyday but this is such a little bang for your buck that it deserves the 5 lippies from me.

on 8/31/2014 3:57:00 PM

Loveeeeeee this mascara. This review is just a first impression as I just got this yesterday. I have thin, sparse, straight - typical Asian lashes. With one coat, my lashes were dark and thick!! It does grab a bit of product on the wand, so wipe off the excess on the opening. Two coats and my lashes are dark, thick with nice length. Will definitely repurchase. Love Essence products. My only gripe is that Essence products aren't sealed.

on 8/29/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. I think that with essence's mascara you cannot go wrong.. They are cheap and good quality for the price and this one was really good and had a good size for my little eyes and short lashes.

on 8/27/2014 6:12:00 AM

OMG! This mascara is not what you'd expect for a really cheap mascara (2.80!). It's really amazing! It thickens, lengthens, holds curl and makes lashes really "extreme". It is so cheap and works better than expensive mascaras I have tried with no clumps, I am really impressed and will continue to purchase and buy another :D You need this in your life! Hahaha.

on 8/18/2014 12:07:00 AM

my favourite. cheap, works great. love it because it comes off easily when washing face but stays nice all day regardless. I always get compliments, people ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes sometimes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective