Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 12/26/2014 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off - the little pink tube is very attractive! I find that this mascara does provide crazy volume and damn it looks great... but... If you have weak, thin or Asian lashes they will lose their curl soon after application. So be aware if you fulfill this type. Also, I find that it always smudges underneath my eyes a few hours later. Very unforunate but it is a problem I have with many mascaras. If like me, this is a common problem for you - give it a miss. If not, then purchase and enjoy as otherwise it makes your lashes look amazing. Oh and it is cheap!

on 12/26/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hated this mascara at first, not knowing why it's so popular. At first it was so wet, I had to swipe the wand across the top to get the excess product off. It made my lashes all sticky, so I had to use a spoolie which made the situation better. After a month of using it, it dried out a little bit, and then I started to like this mascara, because it made my lashes long and voluminous after two coats. I already bought another one ;)

on 12/8/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Arguably one of the worse mascaras I have ever purchased. This mascara is so goopy. The wand does not get cleaned off well enough and comes out with way too much product. I've tried to love this mascara because of the rave reviews about it but I just can't. Because of all the product on the wand your lashes end up sticking together with gobs of mascara on them. You also get mascara all over your lids. It's extremely hard to work with and the rows of bristles on the wand are so far apart that mascara just sits on the brush between them and globs all over your lashes. Save your $4 and buy wet n wild mega length for the same price. Or almost any other mascara for that matter.

on 12/5/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Wow! I picked this up while we were out of town as an emergency purchase. Surprisingly, I find myself using it daily, even over my formerly loved Clinique High Impact. This is super volumizing and super cheap! One coat of this and an overcoat of waterproof mascara and my lashes look amazing! Two coats and it is like I have added false lashes. My lashes are long (thanks rapidlash) but fine and thin, and this works very well to give them amazing volume and thickness.

I am also in awe that this very affordable volumizing mascara doesn't irritate my super sensitive eyes.

on 11/28/2014 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love the formula of this mascara. It does the job of coating the lashes without making them feel heavy, and the formula is super black. It also helps with volumizing the lashes.
However I hate the wand and stopper! The wand is good in a way they volumize the lashes, but it is too wide and the bristles are not separated enough, making it hard to work with (you can definitely work with the wand but it needs effort!). Almost impossible to reach short inner lashes. The stopper is too big, I always have too much product on the wand, gross!
Than God the price is cheap so I do not feel like I wasted so much money, but definitely not repurchasing!

on 11/26/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think mascara is one of the most subjective beauty products. This one seemed to work for a lot of other users, but not for me. The formula was thick and gloopy, and the comb style brush just did not distribute it well on my lashes and picked up too much product. I could have made it work by going through it with a spoolie, but it was not worth the effort. Luckily, it was only about 3 bucks wasted for me.

on 11/22/2014 7:06:00 PM

This mascara is THE BOMB. I know everyone always says that "you get what you paid for". That is definitely not the case with this mascara. At only $4.99 a tube, it works just as well as the $25+ Lancome and Dior Mascaras.

Mascara is one of those tricky things where you want a good quality product without breaking the bank. Seeing as it needs to be replace every few months, it's not very economical to be buying $25 tubes all the time! I stumbled on Essence while I was doing an exchange over broad in Germany. The essence stands in Germany are unbelievable by the way! So much more selection. Every time I go back for a visit, I stock up!

I bought 3 different kinds of mascara from them (The I Love Extreme - Black Tube, and the Yellow Tube one (can't remember the name). This one was my favorite by far, you can use one coat for a "natural" no make-up look. Or you can use multiple coats and build it up for a "falsie" look. I did only give it 4 lippies for a few reasons

-Build able - 1 Coat for Natural Look, Multiple for Falsies Look
-Very Black
-Long Wearing - Doesn't flake off
-Holds Curl
-Low Price
-Doesn't irritate eyes - I'm a contact lens wearer and have extremely dry eyes, and it didn't irritate them one bit!

-The formula is "wet", so you need to be careful when applying. There were a few times where I've pulled the wand out (in front of my eyes), to have a bit drip on my face. It's a bit annoying, but you just have to remember to pull the wand out then bring it up to your face. If you aren't a fan of the "wetter" formulas. Try the I love extreme (in a black bottle) from Essence instead. It's very similar to this, just a bit "drier"
-The wand is quite big, I struggle to use this on my lower lash line. It can definitely be done if you are precise and have a steady hand. However I found that I often got smudges on my lower lash line. I also do my makeup in under 5 minutes, so I am a bit "sloppy".
Instead I just used Maybelline Falsies on my lower lash line. Since the Essence formula is so cheap it doesn't really break the bank to buy a lower lash mascara as well.

Consider the price, they aren't the biggest cons ever. I'm officially converted and go through many tubes of this! I will never buy another high end mascara again.

If you are ever checking out the Essence stands (at Shoppers Drug Mart - for Canadian Girls), make sure you check out their gel eyeliner (SERIOUS HG product), and the blush in Babydoll.

I tried this product due to the many good reviews and of course the cheap price. I am now sorry I had. It barely lengthended my lashes and had tons of clumps. Although I enjoy the brush style, it is a little too big for coating bottom and inner eye lashes. I will never buy again. One of the worst mascara's I've tried.

on 11/4/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this mascara. I have small, sparse and very stubby little lashes and this makes them look amazing. Its like I had no idea how much potential was hiding within my lashes.... ;) the curl last all day and they stay beautiful.

While there are a couple cons with this product I didn't take off any lippies because the performance out weighs the cons.

A little bit flakey. Its not crazy....a little flick and they are gone. Some people despise this though so its worth mentioning.

Very goopy and strange wand. The wand actually works great but you absolutely have to run the wand a few times across the top to take off the excess mascara because WAY too much comes out. This is another something that would drive a few people mad. Personally though, because of the effect I get after scraping some off the wand I don't mind. I replace mascara so often anyway that its not an issue. My lashes are just incredible after.

Lastly, the packaging isn't sealed. This is an essence thing though and not really product related. Lots of people open products in the drugstore and so its kind of scary to buy something that may have been opened. I actually opened mine half way to make sure the wand was clean and the product wasn't near the top of the wand. It was the very back one too so I thought its safe. I didn't have any issues. This is the biggest pitfall with essence mascara. At least the others you can give a spray with alcohol.

Anyway, I'm happy and this is a great mascara.

on 11/1/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara, and I rarely say that about any mascara. I am really pick and love a lot of length and volume. i only have 2 favourites the covergirl clump crusher and the benefit they're real. but this is right on top with them. it gives the most amazing lift to my lashes and is so black (which i love). people says this flakes a lot but to avoid it apply one coat and let it dry completely then add the next one, that usually helps me. for the price I think i will never find another mascara that i love more than this

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Top Rated Essence Products