Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 1/11/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product was presented to me at a bridal expo, and because of it's marketing techniques in the past, I haven't tried it, but I finally decided to give it a go. First- if your eyes are sensitive at all, I do not recommend this. The fibers get in your eyes extremely easily, especially if you use the "wiggle motion" in your mascara application.

Other than that, the product was fine. Very average. For 29$, this is a cheaper alternative to using daily false lashes or even other brands of fiber-lashes. The application was easy for me- it worked better when I curled my eyelashes previously. Definite difference when layering my own mascara (Too Faced Better Than Sex) on top of the second gel coat.

Overall, not worth the trouble daily, but when I'm going out for the night and have a bit of extra time to get myself ready, I would totally use this product.

on 1/10/2015 11:35:00 PM

I was googling another post for Younique's 3D Mascara when I came across this site and curiosity had me reading reviews. I'm going to say that I am an Independent Presenter for Younique. I am not going to try to push my site or try to sell the mascara. I have my own blog which gives my own review of the products...good or bad. I've already read 1 other Younique Presenter's entry trying to help the main comaints. But, I have to admit that I'm really shocked at the bad reviews here.

I've been using the Fiber Lashes since October. I have normal eyelashes. My natural hair color is dirty-blonde. My lashes are medium length (not too long, not too short...just there).

I'm 35, and for years, I have used an eyelash curler, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. Let me say that I sm of Celtic descent, my older brother stole the 7/8 Cherokee that is supposed to be in our generation.

When I use Younique's mascara, I do NOT have to use my eyelash curler! I even mention that in my how-to video posted on my FB page.

For me, the mascara doesn't take any longer to put on than regular mascara. Reason being, you're supposed to apply around 3 coats before its all said and done anyway.

The fibers will fall on your face during application. Just wipe them off or get some cheek covers. They are 100% mineral, made from green tea, and hypoallergenic. They will not irritate your eyes and are safe for contacts. If my Pasty, Celtic self can wear these products without breaking out, anyone should be okay.

Make sure you follow directions! I usually apply the Transplanting Gel, let it dry, then start this process.
It's this simple: -apply the Transplanting Gel (you need your lashes to be wet for the fibers to stick!!!)
-apply your fibers to the wet Gel using a rolling motion with your brush. Spread evenly where you want to build your lashes.
-reapply your Transplanting Gel to seal your fibers. You will notice the fibers have smoothed out. You will not look clumpy anymore.

Your lashes will NOT fall off throughout the day!!! While I'm talking to potential customers, I play with my own face! I want to show customers tat I'm not blowing smoke. I have not, by touching my face or eyes, pulled off my eyelashes! I even took my daughter to a concert, stood in the pouring rain for 45 minutes waiting to get in, my hair was ruined but my makeup was perfect!!!

Your lashes will stay in place until YOU wash them off! They are very light, do not feel like a waterproof mascara, but you don't have to worry about losing any part of your lashes during the day.

I'm sorry for any of you that have had such a hard time with it. The product really is amazing! If you have really short lashes, add as many coats as you like, just make sure you are following the Gel, Fiber, Gel pattern. The mascara has also been reported by women to help with re-growth of lost eyelashes.

Some people complain about $29.00, but the mascara is in 2 parts. It lasts 3-4 months, AND is hypoallergenic, All-Natural, gluten free, Paraben free, carcinogen free, talc free, Mineral Makeup.

For a list of ingredients, just check out the website. Each product has a list of I gradients. Blogs out there have the pros and cons of each ingredient.

Hope this helps settle some opinions.

on 1/10/2015 7:07:00 AM

I liked this at first, but after using it awhile, my lashes started falling out! I can get the same look with drug store mascara. I gave this to my daughter, who likes it, but she says her lashes gave started to fall out too. It's just too pricey and in my opinion no better than if you put multiple coats of mascara on. Gives the same clumpy thick look. I have been trying to find a mascara that is good for my sensitive eyes, and one that looks good. So far the closest I've come is L'Oreal.

on 1/8/2015 7:26:00 AM

I had seen and despite being a make up junkie thought it was a gimmick and had no intention of buying it , then my sister bought it me for Christmas. I gave it a go on a day off ( as I really didn't think it would work and didn't want to go out looking like Worzel Gummidge) . This mascara is AWESOME, it takes an extra five minutes to apply and looks amazing. I have had brilliant comments and I am sure my application technique has yet to improve but I am 100% sold ( and that takes a lot to do).

on 1/4/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've always loved the look of false lashes, but hate applying them, when I heard about this product I thought I would give it a go and have loved it straightaway. I find it easy to apply and easy to remove, I have actually gone to bed with it on and woken up with perfect lashes - have now recommended it to my friends and will buy again.

on 12/31/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product is just not good. The first time I used it I only had it on for a few hours and the applicators were all clean and untouched and so I thought it was an incredible product. Second time and every time after that though was a disaster. The fibres would get all caught in the gel and so my lashes would look super clumpy. On top of that, about 3 hours into wearing the fibres, all of the fibres have migrated down to my cheeks which is not cute. I definitely don't recommend this product.

on 12/29/2014 12:10:00 PM

I AM a presenter for Younique but I am NOT listing any info here to try to sell products. I'm leaving a review because I think so many of you must be using this product incorrectly. I'm a mascara fanatic. I have used it ALL from Jordana to Dior. When I was invited to a Younique party, I hesitated to buy the mascara but figured I may as well try it, considering I've tried everything else. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to it, but as soon as I did, my friends starting asking about it and I signed up to be a Presenter. Here are some tips. Use a LIGHT mascara first. Immediately after, apply the Transplanting gel, focusing only on the tips of lashes. Immediately after that, apply the Fibers (also focusing on the tips) by rolling the brush while applying onto the lashes. Let this dry for 45 seconds. Use a lash comb/brush at this point. It makes a HUGE difference. Now you apply the Transplanting gel again (lightly.) Let this dry for 45 seconds. You're done, unless you want to do more than one coat, in which you need to start over again with applying another coat of transplanting gel immediately followed by the fibers. If you apply too many fibers, they will fall on your cheek and get into your eye. That will also happen if you don't seal them properly. I promise mine don't ever look clumpy and it doesn't take me longer than 4 minutes. You have to apply sparingly, let dry between coats and use a lash comb!

Not good
After watching a video of someone using this I wanted to try it out myself. Personally, the mascara made no difference on my eyelashes than any other normal mascara even though they're quite thin and light brown. The fibres are incredibly irritating and it was hours before there weren't any in my eyes, it felt like there were more on my face and in my eyes than on my lashes. I would not recommend this it's ridiculously overpriced and no better than any other brand, the best thing about this product is that it's easy to get off!

This mascara is incredible. It really, really works and if you're looking for that false lash look without having to glue on false lashes, you need to give the 3D Fibre Lashes a try. It's perfect for anyone in the theatre industry, modeling industry, or if you suffer from lack of lashes. I happen to have naturally thick, long lashes, but this was given to me as a gift and even with my decent lashes, this stuff made a HUGE difference.

The only complaint I have is that it's time consuming to apply, but if you're okay with spending an extra 10 minutes on your makeup, then that shouldn't be an issue for you. Yes, the price is hefty, but it's the same as buying any name brand mascara, so if that's your preference, cost shouldn't deter you from this.

Seriously, it really provides the most incredible results. Not clumpy at all and I can gurantee you that people will be asking you if you're wearing false lashes. It's unreal. A total game changer and an overall brilliant product. Bonus: The packaging is fantastic for stuffing in your purse or carry-on for travel because it actually is it's own little carrying case.

on 12/19/2014 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Price is decent. Love the packaging, the cute case it comes in. And I adore the mascara itself. The application can be a bit tedious and annoying. You have to make sure not to use to much fibers (I gently and quickly tap the fiber on once) and you need to keep switching tubes to use the gel, then the fibers, then again the gel. It's definitely worth the result though! Long, gorgeous lashes, that almost seem like fake lashes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials