Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 2/19/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this product. I was a religious eyelash extension client until overuse took its toll on my natural lashes. This product creates the same effect as eyelash extensions.

It is simple to apply - as simple as applying mascara - and takes about 60 seconds. I find it's best to use a very light touch and a magnifying mirror during application.

After wearing the product for 15 hours, I had 2 or 3 black flakes underneath my eye. This also happens when I wear mascara by itself.

I have not experienced any irritation or sensitivity from using this product. It feels like I'm wearing mascara. Just an FYI- I do not wear contact lenses or suffer from any eye conditions.

on 2/10/2015 10:52:00 PM

I'm neither loving not hating it. So, pros: if applied carefully , in proper order and not in a rush - it will give you promised huge lashes. For me personally, it's one of very few mascaras that actually don't run or flake. It's relatively easy to wash off, with warm water and just touch up after shower with some make up remover to eliminate raccoon eyes. Cons: when you take it off, you kinda take off at least 5 of your own lashes too...so I don't recommend it for daily use. It's more of an effect/ night out product rather than office daily thing. It can get very clumpy if not applied carefully, so you may need to start all over at times. Overall it's a good mascara, better than many I've tried in terms of not running and staying in place all day. But I am somewhat prejudice and feel like it damages lashed so I wouldn't use it every day.

on 2/9/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this mascara for the first time today. While it gives good volume (as good as any department store brand), I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the amount of money I spent.I paid approximately $35.00 for my set (gel and fiber).

My biggest complain is the fiber brush. The specs/pieces of fiber (from the fiber brush) got in my eyes and fell to my cheecks, right below my eyes. The effect of the makeup was good, but the discomfort of having stuff in my eyes all morning is not worth it...especially considering the cost.

I'll continue using to see if the fiber falling into my eyes stops.

on 2/8/2015 10:00:00 PM

I am a new presenter for Younique cosmetics and I am totally sold on their 3D fiber lashes! My lashes are 3 times as long and great volume. Take off is easy, I use Neutrogena eye make up remover and it comes off easily. I've received many compliments! I'm a fan for life!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm pretty happy with this mascara. To avoid the clumping as many buyers have warned about, i combed through my lashes with an eyelash spoolie carefully to separate each lash at every step. I naturally already have long, dark eyelashes however they are not voluminous and I often glue on individual lashes in spare spots for special occasions or nights out. This mascara gave my eyelashes a bit of thickness but I'll still be gluing on individual lashes at the ends of my eyes.

I modified the instructions though to suit my liking.
Firstly, I used an eyelash curler on naked eyelashes, then an eyelash primer as my second step (Clinque Lash Building Primer), then 2 even layers of TooFaced Better than Sex mascara (it was a free sample that I'm trying to use up), followed by the instructions provided with the Younique mascara. The result was really nice full lashes! They look like extensions for real! I haven't noticed any fallout since I was pretty careful in covering up the fibres with the sealant. However, the occasional fibre does fall into my eye, but it doesn't hurt particularly badly. It's just a weird feeling nuisance.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought the Younique mascara but bought it on ebay for $12 and a few cents, w/no shipping or tax. Description states it's factory sealed, etc., so I'm going to try it. I try the more expensive mascaras this way in sample sizes before buying a full-size I may not like. The Younigue mascara is full size though. A friend really likes it. I haven't received the mascara yet, so I have incorrect ratings for Overall and Packaging. But I wanted to tell others in case some hadn't thought of trying ebay. I buy makeup and skin care occasionally there and has always gone well, but prefer sellers w/100% ratings. I'll update my review or write another after I try this.

on 2/5/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really excited when i learned about this mascara. I couldn't wait to try it so I quickly shelled out the $30 to a Younique distributor. I was pleased with the look I got right away. I have long lashes naturally but they are so light that mascara is a necessity for me. My mother even commented on how long and lush they looked when she saw me wearing the mascara for the first time. But I quickly learned that my oily sensitive skin wasn't a big fan of Moonstruck. The fibers transferred or fell off entirely after only a couple of hours. I applied before 8am and was a raccoon by noon. So then I assume I'll need a primer under my eyes before or lots of checking it in the mirror when using the product but am still overall pretty happy. THEN, I literally could not get this stuff off my eyes. I ended up having to use baby oil, which later broke my cheeks and corner eye area out just to get this mascara off my eyes. Not a good look to have crepey looking skin around your eyes due to tugging at it just to remove it the night before. Disappointed. I might have tried to work around the high maintenance of avoiding raccoon eyes during the day and evening but since I also can't get it off easily, its just not for me.

on 2/5/2015 4:16:00 AM

I was blown away with the before and after pictures of this mascara on instagram this mascara looked amazing and had fab reviews online. Being a total mascara addict I had to have it. I'm not a fan of false lashes in the daytime so thought this would give me the same result.

I was beyond excited when I got my hands on it and paid 12.95 ( I made sure it was U.S barcode as there are fakes out there) the packaging didn't disappoint two mascara wands 1 'transplanting gel' and 1 'fibres' presented in a lovely box.

My delight was short lived- it was one of the worst mascara's I have ever used! believe me I've used so many!
After applying the gel I applied the fibres following the instructions carefully.

The final look was not dramatic and the fibres sprinkled under my eyes and fell onto my cheeks! I was super disappointed, I have had more dramatic results from high street mascaras that cost 5. Having put on 3 coats to try and archive a look like in the pictures I had seen my eyes itched all day where little fibres had got in. Around my eyelids was little bits of black dusty sprinkles which had fallen from my lashes, NOT a good look.

I will say the product claims to be natural made from green tea fibres. This is great and I love the idea of using a natural based product on my eyes. Also the packaging is gorgeous. Obviously I was sucked in by the social media marketing and stunning before and after pics. Really I thought id never use another mascara again and it would become a make up bag staple. No way, had to go and buy a new mascara the next day. If intrigue doesn't get the better of you-save your money or risk being disappointed.

on 2/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently discovered fiber lash systems and found a few different brands. Instead of splurging $30 (plus shipping) for the Moodstruck 3-D lashes I decided to try the Love Alpha fiber lashes which are a fraction of the price. I did a video review on YouTube for the Love Alpha and had an overall positive response from viewers however there were a few that told me that Love Alpha didn't hold a candle to the Moodstruck and that they are really worth the extra $$. So I decided to splurge and give them a try. I have to say that they really do live up their reputation! I got the same results with one coat of Moodstruck as I did with 2 coats of Love Alpha which is a huge timesaver! Applying the fiber lashes is a little more detailed than regular mascara. First you apply the gel, then a layer of fiber, then another layer of gel to set the fibers. Repeat for longer, thicker results. Absolutely gorgeous! I don't always have time for the extra step, but when I want to add a little bit of glamour to my look I will definitely use my Moodstruck 3-D Fiber lashes. For more info and a demo check out my video review on YouTube.

Honestly, im going to start off by saying that what might work for me, might not work for you. and what might work for you might not work for me.. Every body is different. And certain products might not work for everyone. I actually really liked this product. But ! It made my right eye look AMAZING ! Like I had the most perfect long lashes ! But my left eye was a whole other story! But I worked with it ! This product ( in my opinion ) isn't for an every day use.. It takes a LOT of time to work with. It is messy. and it CAN clump up. That's why I say its not every day use, unless you have that kind of time. But if you do take the time with it and understand that it is going to be messy, the out come is so awesome! I suggest using this before you put your foundation on and have a ton of q-tips near by so you can clean up the mess. When I do run out I will repurchase ! Oh and another thing is be careful of purchasing fake ones ! I think there is a youtube video of a way you can tell if its fake or not.
Hope this helps !