July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh. No. Just no on this product. Price is exorbitant for what it is--

Fiber-y, clumpy mess

Awful for contact wearers

Don't believe the hype you see on Instagram. It's ALL hype. And a pyramid scheme to boot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by MakeupDoll3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Revlon $9 mascara that works better. This mascara is clumpy, irritates the eyes (a lot!), and leaves fibers on your face throughout the day. I hope everyone does research before waisting their $. there is way better cheaper mascaras. truth is these representatives are pyramid schemers. They're selling a product that DOESNT WORK WELL! I wouldn't be surprised if some of their pics are taken wearing a good mascara (not youniques) just to try and sell theirs. Smh ! I am a makeup artist, no one I know likes this product. $30 down the drain .

Funny how the positive comments are by reps, and the negative comments are from the buyers!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mfoucheux

***IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS PRODUCT, THERE IS A 14-DAY RETURN POLICY TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND (EXCLUDING S&H)!!! STOP COMPLAINING IF YOU KEPT THE MASCARA AND DIDN'T LIKE IT! THE REASON YOU "WASTED YOUR MONEY" WAS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T RETURN IT!***

Before I begin this review, I would like to say that I am a Younique Independent Presenter. I became a presenter because I LOVE this product! I put my time and effort into this business. Now, onto the review...

I'm not sure why there are users on here that are being down-right ugly. I don't believe that this is a product that women are getting tricked into buying. If the customer doesn't LOVE IT, there is a 14-day return policy - no need to gripe about wasting your money when you can get it back!

One of my favorite attributes offered by this product is it's "water resistant" trait. It's great for these hot, sweaty days in Louisiana when it feels like my face is melting off - no more raccoon eyes from smudged mascara! But as soon as I'm ready to remove it, it instantly begins to wash off with soap and water in the shower. Again, there is no "raccoon" effect when I look in the mirror after washing my face - it comes off super clean.

Some people automatically believe that this is for people with stubby lashes - this is not the case! I have long, full lashes, and I use it every day to give my eyes a WOW factor. There is virtually no clumping, and NO, the fibers DO NOT fall in my eyes and all over my face. If this happens to you, you are using the product INCORRECTLY. This also touches base with contacts - if you use it CORRECTLY, the fibers aren't going to get in your eyes and contacts.

Another note - this product takes some practice to perfect! I will be honest - the first time I tried it out, I didn't see that wow factor I was looking for, but I kept trying and got that awesome look I was going for. Just like any makeup, practice makes perfect.

I use this product every day, and it even makes me feel more comfortable with wearing less liners and shadows - it's just as impressive by itself. I hope that if you ever purchase Younique 3D Mascara for yourself, you give it some time and be optimistic about it. If you don't like it, RETURN IT - their customer service is awesome. And if you LOVE IT, that's great! Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The fibers irritate like crazy. There are many better options out there that won't freak out your eyes and mess up your makeup. Some drugstore brands as well as many higher ends have had fiber mascaras for years at a fraction of the cost that don't get as messy.

Also, my other big gripe with this product is the pyramid type sales program. Many of these positive reviews are written by people who are selling the stuff. It is just like that Nerium AD stuff as far as the home sales, pyramid, hype sales stuff. I can not tell you how many people I have seen go from P90x sales/coaching pyramid to their Shakeology, then they get on Nerium AD and then to Younique...always looking for the get rich quick that never happens. Fiber mascaras are not new and there are many other cheaper, less irritating options. Please, do some research on this first...your own research...not what a rep provides you. Try cheaper fiber mascaras first too.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by gmusic

I absolutely love this mascara! As I get older (I'm 35 now) I've noticed my lashes have thinned out a lot. This mascara gives me the volume I need because of the fibers. I do one coat of my regular mascara, the gel, the fibers and the gel again to seal the fibers. Then I curl my lashes. People who complain about clumps are probably putting too much on, which will happen with ANY mascara. I absolutely LOVE my 3D fiber lash mascara!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by marymaryquitecontrary0303

Ditto to the negatives, would not use again. Doesn't work well for contact lens/spectacle wearers - clumps up and leaves marks on glasses.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by MissGinaDarling

I got the chance to try this and I'm a bit mixed about it. Yes, it gives you more volume and length but the process is very time consuming and messy. Would I use it daily? No. I would if I had time to kill and felt like getting a little fancy though. Beware of building it up. It gets very messy and clumpy. Lash comb will comb out the clumps but it'll also take off the fibers you brushed on, making you lose some volume and length.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by gina1488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what all the negative reviews are about. Some seem to be just down right mean to me. I tried this and I LOVE it and I will continue to use it. Sounds like some make up artists may not want this item to get a good review because it could hurt the eyelash extention sales. Well, sorry to say but this is actually better than getting extensions and I believe people are starting to realize that they don't have to put up so much money to get the length they want and their natural lashes suffer for it! I have pretty long lashes to begin with and I would say it's definitely for me too! I like to have very long and full lashes and when I don't want to go so dramatic with it I only use it on the outer ones to give that nice catty length to the ends and use regular mascara on the inner lashes. It works great for everyday use that way as well. And use a lash comb! You use that for regular mascara anyway, this is no different. Use that lash comb girls and it will not look "clumpy" or "spidery" lol.
Take a look around on youtube and you'll get good info on how to apply makeup for the look you're wanting. Just practice and you'll get it right.
But yes, YES this is the best mascara I've ever bought and I've bought many...high end, low end, you name it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Daisypaisy

Where do I begin? I'll start off with how I got suckered in to buying this product. I saw it advertised ALL over Instagram and a sales rep contacted me and I purchased it thinking "hey, why not give it a try" it had a lot of buzz over Instagram. Huge mistake. Should have done more research because I wasted 30 bucks plus shipping- some people may not think that's a lot of money but, hey, I could get a cheaper mascara and it would work better and I'm a makeup artist saying this! First of all- this mascara should ONLY be used by people with SHORT STUBLY LASHES. I cannot stress that enough!!! IF you have long beautiful lashes- this IS NOT the product for you. Also, the fibers in this mascara WILL end up in your eye and over your face. This is so irritating and uncomfortable. I went through a phase in high school where i liked that trashy spider lash look. I'm an adult now. That phase is over. All I can say is that if you like trashy lashes that irritate your eyeballs, then this is the mascara for you. By all means, get it! But you have been warned! There are far better non irritating lashes out there. Go get them. And as for the packaging- I heard a bunch of people saying they love it. Um, are you people blind?! First off, it looks really goth and who gives a crap if it comes in a sunglass looking packaging?! It is DULL looking and just plain black? WHOOP-DE-DOO
LOL. I seriously am not trying to bash a product I just hate when people ( sales reps) try to play up a product that is NOT THAT GREAT. I guarantee you this "fad" will die out shortly. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Jwright89

This just makes lashes look clumpy. If you like the look of spider lashes... This product is for you. I will admit that it makes the lashes appear somewhat longer, but for those of us who do not appreciate looking like we only have 10-20 lashes it isn't worth the minuscule amount of extra length you receive.