October 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by alicexie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a CVS for barely over a dollar when I found out that the reason my deep conditioner seemed to have "stopped working" was likely due to excess buildup and use over time. I looked up clarifying shampoos on makeupalley and went with Vo5 since it was slightly cheaper than Suave's shampoo. I figured both had gotten rave reviews and if I was getting a dollar-store variety shampoo anyway I might as well buy the cheaper one since they were probably about the same in quality. (Suave's was about $2.30.)

Before, about two inches from the tip of my hair had been straw-like in consistency and incredibly dry despite my having used previously effective deep conditioner three times a week, and having stopped using heat styling and even then using heat protectant each time. I had no idea what to do. But after literally just ONE use of this Vo5 stuff in the shower last night--and I am not exaggerating here--ALL of the dryness went away. My hair felt soft and healthy consistently from root to tip. And I did not use deep conditioning afterwards, either.

It's amazing how all this time such a cheap and simple product could make a difference that weeks of expensive deep conditioning couldn't. From now on, I will be using this probably on a once-weekly basis in rotation with my regular shampoo.

In short, if your hair products seem to have stopped working, try this stuff. It's an unbelievable bargain at this price and makes a huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't really afford to use my usual favorite clarifying shampoo, which is Redken Cleansing Cream. VO5 is a nice cheap substitute, and it also performs quite well as a cleanser for my makeup brushes. And that is why I will continue to purchase this very inexpensive (89 cents on sale at CVS) clarifying shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you want a clarifying shampoo that is creamier and more gentle than most of what's out there, give V05 a try. On my dirt magnet hair it takes using it a couple to a few days in a row for full clarification, but it does do it gently. The kiwi lime scent is definitely different from what else is out there, but it will grow on you. Best of all, it's really inexpensive. This is a low risk proposition folks.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm getting away from parabens but I've been looking for a great clarifying shampoo. Some of the more expensive shampoos have great reviews but they also have parabens. I'm using WEN now so it's must that I clarify every couple of weeks and sulfate and paraben free shampoos the rest of the time.
I've looked at Redken and AG. They cost 20 times the VO5, but they have parabens. The VO5 is paraben free and it works great. My relaxed hair is soft but not stripped after I use it. The key is to use when your hair needs it, not every shampoo. I'm going to keep using this and stop trying to find something better and more expenisve when this works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this clarifying shampoo. After I dried my hair, my hair was literally so light and bouncy! I never felt my hair feel so weightless and it added a good amount volume to my hair. The scent is refreshing and its extremely affordable. I suggest to only clarify when you feel like your hair is getting weighed down from product build-up I to use it once every two weeks. I am happy with this poduct!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Beeaauutty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this shampoo. My mom 'borrowed' my shampoo so i needed a new one FAST becuase i have an oily scalp ...anyways i put about 2 sqeezes of shampoo washed my hair then i repeated becuase i was worried that this MIGHT leave a resiude or something ( it didnt, i promise ) and my hair the next day felt SO SOFT and clean, i have oily roots and dry ends so this says alot! Oh and i didnt use any condinter either! :) I am CAN NOT WAIT to try there conditners and other shampoos! YAY!

UPDATE: Been using this for awhile now and still am LOVING IT! Btw i have color treated hair and this has not interferred :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by vintagenavyblue

This shampoo is great for clarfying,but not for daily use. I found out that it has SLS though,so i use it very rarely now. It has a permanent place in my bathroom now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 4A with natural hair and when I'm not wearing it silky straight, it is in a neat bun with rich oils, butters and conditioners/gels that are very heavy. I also used this when I was relaxed, and texlaxed. Needless to say, when its time to shampoo in cases where you have a lot of product in your hair, or oils that you want to clean off before dry styling, a clarifying shampoo is really essential before deep conditioning so that my treatment will penetrate the strands of my hair and keep it in good health. V05 Clarifying Shampoos always deliver for this cleansing requirement. I don't even always have to suds twice to get a squeaky clean slate of hair. I have yet to find a comparable one so cheap that isnt harsh, always performs regardless of water being soft/hard, and doesnt dry out hair, and leaves my scalp feeling clean.

This is NOT a daily use shampoo for me (I doubt it is for most people), but it is a great shampoo to keep in the rotation. Over this years I have successfully used salon (Kenra, Kera Care, Matrix, Phyto, Ojon, etc.), organic (Natures Gate, Giovanni, Aubrey Organics, etc.), and drug store (Neutrogena, Aussie, VO5, Clairol, etc.) products, so I know quality vs. cheap, and this is actually pretty good for a cheapie. Thats why its so popular and always around, wherever you go.

Everyone has different hair and scalp needs regardless of similarties, at $1 a bottle you dont have too much to lose if you try it and it doesn't work out for you. :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by applejuice7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first ever clarifying shampoo. and I LOVE IT!! I was NOT willing to pay so much money for a clarifying shampoo so I resorted to washing my long mane with some baking soda mixed in with my regular shampoo. I was surprised by this product since it left my hair feeling super clean!

I live in an area which uses hard water and ever so often use a bit of mousse or hairspray. I felt that my scalp was always layered in a bit of gunk and suffered from dandruff thanks to my oily scalp. I decided to use this shampoo because of the reviews on MUA and this shampoo destroyed that unclean feeling and dandruff!

It however does not smell like kiwi but does smell really fresh and was super cheap. Got it for 89 cents at CVS. There is another clarifying shampoo by the same company but instead is tea mixed with something else. (Don't know if it will deliver like this though) I did not use the conditioner after but my hair was not dried out (then again I do not shampoo my hair everyday). So give it a try! Only a buck for a big bottle! You can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg. I have really oily scalp. Every three days, I have to wash my hair or my it becomes like a grease mop. This cleans my scalp really well but it does not damage it. I use a good conditioner for my curly tresses but thus stuff smells good.