July 22, 2014 | 2264 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm getting away from parabens but I've been looking for a great clarifying shampoo. Some of the more expensive shampoos have great reviews but they also have parabens. I'm using WEN now so it's must that I clarify every couple of weeks and sulfate and paraben free shampoos the rest of the time.
I've looked at Redken and AG. They cost 20 times the VO5, but they have parabens. The VO5 is paraben free and it works great. My relaxed hair is soft but not stripped after I use it. The key is to use when your hair needs it, not every shampoo. I'm going to keep using this and stop trying to find something better and more expenisve when this works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this clarifying shampoo. After I dried my hair, my hair was literally so light and bouncy! I never felt my hair feel so weightless and it added a good amount volume to my hair. The scent is refreshing and its extremely affordable. I suggest to only clarify when you feel like your hair is getting weighed down from product build-up I to use it once every two weeks. I am happy with this poduct!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Beeaauutty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this shampoo. My mom 'borrowed' my shampoo so i needed a new one FAST becuase i have an oily scalp ...anyways i put about 2 sqeezes of shampoo washed my hair then i repeated becuase i was worried that this MIGHT leave a resiude or something ( it didnt, i promise ) and my hair the next day felt SO SOFT and clean, i have oily roots and dry ends so this says alot! Oh and i didnt use any condinter either! :) I am CAN NOT WAIT to try there conditners and other shampoos! YAY!

UPDATE: Been using this for awhile now and still am LOVING IT! Btw i have color treated hair and this has not interferred :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by vintagenavyblue

This shampoo is great for clarfying,but not for daily use. I found out that it has SLS though,so i use it very rarely now. It has a permanent place in my bathroom now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 4A with natural hair and when I'm not wearing it silky straight, it is in a neat bun with rich oils, butters and conditioners/gels that are very heavy. I also used this when I was relaxed, and texlaxed. Needless to say, when its time to shampoo in cases where you have a lot of product in your hair, or oils that you want to clean off before dry styling, a clarifying shampoo is really essential before deep conditioning so that my treatment will penetrate the strands of my hair and keep it in good health. V05 Clarifying Shampoos always deliver for this cleansing requirement. I don't even always have to suds twice to get a squeaky clean slate of hair. I have yet to find a comparable one so cheap that isnt harsh, always performs regardless of water being soft/hard, and doesnt dry out hair, and leaves my scalp feeling clean.

This is NOT a daily use shampoo for me (I doubt it is for most people), but it is a great shampoo to keep in the rotation. Over this years I have successfully used salon (Kenra, Kera Care, Matrix, Phyto, Ojon, etc.), organic (Natures Gate, Giovanni, Aubrey Organics, etc.), and drug store (Neutrogena, Aussie, VO5, Clairol, etc.) products, so I know quality vs. cheap, and this is actually pretty good for a cheapie. Thats why its so popular and always around, wherever you go.

Everyone has different hair and scalp needs regardless of similarties, at $1 a bottle you dont have too much to lose if you try it and it doesn't work out for you. :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by applejuice7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first ever clarifying shampoo. and I LOVE IT!! I was NOT willing to pay so much money for a clarifying shampoo so I resorted to washing my long mane with some baking soda mixed in with my regular shampoo. I was surprised by this product since it left my hair feeling super clean!

I live in an area which uses hard water and ever so often use a bit of mousse or hairspray. I felt that my scalp was always layered in a bit of gunk and suffered from dandruff thanks to my oily scalp. I decided to use this shampoo because of the reviews on MUA and this shampoo destroyed that unclean feeling and dandruff!

It however does not smell like kiwi but does smell really fresh and was super cheap. Got it for 89 cents at CVS. There is another clarifying shampoo by the same company but instead is tea mixed with something else. (Don't know if it will deliver like this though) I did not use the conditioner after but my hair was not dried out (then again I do not shampoo my hair everyday). So give it a try! Only a buck for a big bottle! You can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg. I have really oily scalp. Every three days, I have to wash my hair or my it becomes like a grease mop. This cleans my scalp really well but it does not damage it. I use a good conditioner for my curly tresses but thus stuff smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down best shampoo....EVER. I don't use any other shampoo besides this good 'ol cheapie. It is really a workhorse for my needs. For one, I have well water and when you have well water, you have mineral buildup which most regular shampoos can't lift 100% and leave strands limp and weighted. Secondly, I have very dry very thick very coarse hair. So, I only wash my hair 3-4x a week. Thirdly, I sweat a lot by doing cardio 6x a week so when I do shampoo, I need something that will get my hair real clean but not strip it. I've tried a few DS clarifying shampoos and they really strip the hair making it feel like hay. I've also tried the popular Redken one which works great but why spend $$ when this $1 shampoo works just as well? Because I don't wash daily, this shampoo works good as my only shampoo that I use.I hope Vo5 never d/c this shampoo, it is truly that good and it will always have a home in my shower caddy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very inexpensive and awesome product! DO NOT USE THIS EVERYDAY! NEVER EVER! Being it is a clarifying shampoo, this basically strips your hair of everything... product build-up, natural oils, etc. I only use this every week and a half or so. I will absolutely continue to keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After the surprising fail that was using Bronner's Liquid Soap to clean my makeup brushes (drying, leaves residue, and really does not clean that well - just try using it to remove Photoready liquid foundation), I decided to try this instead.

PROS: This is a true deep clean. It removes literally everything, while rinsing clean and NOT drying brushes out at all. Beyond dirt cheap too (12oz for $1).

CONS: It's shampoo, not brush cleaner, so brushes will take longer than normal to dry (no ingredients to speed up drying time). Also, while it does rinse clean, it is shampoo after all (clarifying no less), so it foams up a lot and needs to be very thoroughly rinsed out.

OTHER: I haven't tried diluting this but I am pretty sure it should work well like that too. Also, the scent is highly lingering. It will transfer to brushes and STAY THERE. Hope you can take strong fruity scents.

OVERALL: I don't have much else to say. I'll be sticking with this.