September 16, 2014 | 1429 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After my success with the other excellent foundation by Bourjois 123 Perfection (which is a dupe of Chanel matte lumiere) and since growing older means you need dewier-than-matte foundations I thought I should give this a try.

Excellent product! Even better that the Bourjois 123 foundation, mostly in terms of finish and consistency. Feels light and fresh on application, covers nicelly (medium coverage), really gives a healthy look to the skin, without being overly glowy or shiny in any way. It has indeed a very fresh, "healthy" finish.

It stays put for a fair amount of time on my combo to oily skin, I would say for 4-5 hours. It does tranfer a bit on hands, if you have the bad habit of touching your face, like me. It does not oxidize over my sunscreen, which is a big plus for me!

Smells delightfully fruity upon application and then the scent fades away.

The packaging is made of glass and I hate that the bottom does not elevate with use like the old formulation of Healthy Mix, but that won't keep me from using it of course!

For reference I wear 53 Light Beige and I am a EL DW 2N2, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau No 3, MAC NC 25.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did go through many many foundations and this one is one of the best I've ever tried!

MY SKIN: combination-oily, acne-prone, I am about NC 20-25 in MAC

PACKAGE: great, luxury looking, the pump works very well, made from glass

COVERAGE: medium (I applied it with a regular foundation brush (MAX FACTOR)

TEXTURE: very nice, not very thin, not very thick, the product applies beautifully, smells amazing, but the fragrance isn't strong, i see any glitters, it isn't shiny

FINISH: natural, satin, semi-matte, depends on the primer/base, I use CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer because it controls oil very well and helps to treat my acne, it hides my pores

LONGEVITY: I have no problems with fading off, this product stays put all day long even on my combo-oily skin, it doesn't make me oily, I need to blot a few times during the day, but I have to do this with every foundation

BREAKOUTS: no breakouts, I have a problem that many foundations tend to break me out after a while, but no pimples with this product

ANY OTHER PROS: great price, the shade I use (53) is very yellow toned, which is great for my skin, because I have light skin with a lot of yellow undertones, photographs beautifully

RECOMMENDATIONS: I totally recommend to buy this foundation, it's great and for any skin type

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Leanne05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all I am a total foundation junkie. I've tried soooo many, mostly high end but why of why didn't I try this sooner?? It's AMAZING!!!

I bought colour no 53, I'm nc25 and this matches really well. I apply with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and the results are totally flawless!

I have dry / combo skin and found a lot of foundations settles in fine lines throughout the day but this stayed perfect. I would class this as a medium build able foundation. It covers all my redness and acne scars perfect, for more stubborn spots I do need concealer, but that's totally fine.
The finish is very healthy looking, hence the name :) I finish it with a setting powder, currently using Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder which is fab.

This foundation lasts all day, I may need a touch up after 6-8 hours, and I use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush for this as it gives a lighter touch and natural finish over the foundation already there.

I would recommend you try this as I really put this with high end foundations, if not better than most.
There is no SPF so it's great for photographs too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nvwartnaby

I thought this was a good back up foundation however, it is quite yellow and does NOT stay on your skin no matter what primer you use or how oily or dry your skin is, i wouldn't recommended this product unless you only need it on for a few hours or want very sheer coverage by the end of the day, it didn't stick to dry patches which is a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really love this foundation!

Here's a little back ground in my skin type:
I have dry red pimply cheeks, AKA keratosis pilaris, yet I have really oily spotty T-zone. Combination skin to extremes!
So I can neither buy a dewy glowy foundation which would work on my cheeks but not my T-zone, or a matte foundation which would suit my T-zone yet dry out my cheeks... THIS FOUNDATION IS MY HAPPY MEDIUM!

Coverage:
The coverage is definitely buildable, and will reduce the look of any blemishes and disguise redness. This is not a full coverage foundation, your skin will still look like skin (if that makes sense) it gives a natural yet perfected look which I love. A couple of layers is definitely emough coverage for my cheeks, I use concealer for any pesky blemishes on my T-zone as this foundation alone is not always enough, but that is fine by me!

Color:
I LOVE the color! It has definite yellow undertones, but you will not look like a simpson! It neutralizes your skin in a way, it is truly a very flattering color in my oppinion. I think that these undertones would be flattering for most if not all skin tones! The range is wider than the original healthy mix foundation.

Finish:
The finish is very natural, not matte, not dewy, almost a satin matte? It does not dull out skin, it adds a certain glow without adding shine! Maybe unsuitable for the very driest of skin types unfortunately. But personally i find the finish is perfect for a natural look.

Lasting power:
Lasts well enough for a day at school which says a lot! Obviously won't look as good at the end of the day as when first applied, but definitely good enough!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
As to comparison to original healthy mix foundation i personally do not notice much of a difference, perhaps the shades are slightly darker? The healthy mix radiance reveal foundation shade range is definitely darker than the healthy mix serum, i found that to be the case with the original too. Definitely my favourite foundation, would definitely recommend to any fellow combination skin gals.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. It is light, sheer, beautifying and very natural. For the most part, it is enough coverage for me. However, about once a month I have a bad skin day and just feel I need a little bit more coverage.

With that in mind, I ordered the regular Healthy Mix. I didn't know they had changed the regular formula until after I received the bottle. It is now labeled Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal (HMRR).

I wear shade 51 in the serum, so ordered the same in the regular. However, HMRR is slightly darker than the serum. It came out thicker, which I thought was good, but when I applied a thin layer through the center panel of my face it felt a little too thick - if that makes sense. It looked heavy, matte, and cakey. Rather than help to camouflage my bad skin (just a few spots and dryness) it seemed to emphasize it. I perservered, thinking it would settle in over time to a nice finish. Nope! Someone even told me "I have never seen you wear such heavy makeup!". Yikes.

I gave it a few more tries. I put it over moisturizer. I put it over sunscreen. I applied it ever more thinly with a regular foundation brush and then buffed it with a clean buffing brush. Nothing worked to make this look natural.

My skin is combination dry. I don't know how this would work for another skin type. But, for me, it was definitely a fail. Ultimately, I decided that for bad skin days I would just use the serum and finish with Laura Mercier Mineral powder for more coverage as needed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The finish of this really depends on your skin type and whether you like to use powder last. It smells the same as most Chanel foundations, the pump isn't too stiff, and it gives a "healthy skin" glow. To me it isn't that far off from Vitalumiere Aqua, perhaps less dewy, because that foundation is very dewy on even dry skin. I do find that you need more concealer than the Chanel, which is ok and understandable based on the price. If it was sold in the US, I'd probably buy this vs. many other drugstore options. The drier your skin, the longer it will last. I'm not sure what the apple, melon, and apricot extracts do, but it adds to the appeal. 52 Vanille/Vanilla is a good match for NW20-25, but I think I'll need 51 Light Vanilla/Vanille Clair in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this alot! I've used the Healthy Mix Serum foundation before and I feel like it is the same as this one. Same smell, same finish. Not sure though if there is any difference between the two...but there probably is.

Anyways, the only reason I chose to buy this new foundation is because they have much more shades(maybe only in where I live) compared to the Healthy Mix.
But either way, I love this foundation!

Coverage is kinda light, but there's nothing a concealer can't do right? ;)
Smell is AMAZING!
The finish, in my opinion is kind of between semi-matte and dewy.

Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrosexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! I have normal skin with occasional dry patches around my nose & it doesn't cling to them at all. Medium coverage - build able. Definitely a dewy finish. Lasting power is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

This foundation is my hg foundation. It has such a beautiful natural but healthy glow finish. Iv been complemented so many times at how great my skin looks. This foundation has medium coverage which is build able. I find the best finish is using a stippling brush which u can then buff into the skin. One pump is enough for my whole face. But u can easily layer more. No cakiness or dryness. Suitable for dry and oil combo skin. Bourjois have outdone themselves. Max wear iv had from this is 11 hours using a primer underneath.