October 24, 2014 | 1069 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by libbier

I have normal/oily skin but it tends to be more oily and shiny at the moment as it is summer here in NZ. The foundation is around medium (less or more and buildable) and blends well. It is yellow toned which made the shade match really well. (I have light-medium skin and i use the shade 53 beige clair). Some reviews say that this foundation would not last or be ideal for oily skin however, the finish on my skin looks semi-matte not so dewy nor satin. I wore the foundation alone from midday to 10pm through sun exposure, wind and work, and it still stayed on and looked fine (shine did come through a little but no big deal). I bought it for $23NZD off ASOS which is so so cheap and actually cheaper than Maybelline and loreal over here. No breakout problem also smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by caedyn

**Just a short disclaimer, I live in Australia where makeup products are ridiculously overpriced.**

MY SKIN: I have combination skin (oily t-zone and chin, dry cheeks) and do suffer the occasional breakout, a few times a month. I have yellow undertones but extremely red cheeks.

THE PRODUCT
PRICE: This product retails for $32 AUD at Priceline. As you could probably expect, that isn't exactly in my budget so when I heard you could buy this cheaper on asos.com, I was very happy. On asos.com, it costs $18-19 AUD, but I managed to get in on sale for $13 dollars - SCORE!

CONSISTENCY: Of a medium thickness, easily blended with fingers. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and manage to get a fairly even application.

SHADES: I think there are around 6-8 shades available - I've only ever seen about 6 at one time for sale. Mainly lighter shades and all of yellow undertones which is good for me, but most likely not for others. I bought this is the shade #52 - Vanilla/Vanille. When first applied, the product appears too yellow for my skin but after about 30 seconds, seems to 'adapt' to a more natural tone.

PACKAGING: I personally like the packaging - the red pump is quite appealing and works well. No mess with this product.

SCENT: What the heck is the fragrance in this!? It's definitely not a fruity smell but it is quite nice. I prefer fragrance free products but this isn't too bad.

STAYING POWER: When powdered, this lasted a good 8-9 hours on my skin. If my skin was normal-dry, I'd probably be able to wear it for 12-16 hours, but that's not the case with my skin.

COVERAGE: I'd say light to medium. Buildable. A concealer is still required to cover my acne scarring and any spots I have.

BREAKOUTS: As far as I know, this hasn't caused any major breakouts, if any at all.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS TO OTHERS?: No. It's definitely not my favourite foundation - I much prefer Rimmel Wake Me Up and Maybelline Superstay. This foundation isn't amazing. It's just good. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

WOULD I REPURCHASE THIS?: No. This just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Ohlalalaa

***Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal
Foundation- Light Vanilla 51***

I hate matte finish foundations so I really was looking for something that would leave my skin radiant and dewy for my dry skin!

Pros
*leaves skin with a healthy glow
*glides on effortlessly
*doesnt cling to dry patches
*lasts well if powder is used on top
*the price is amazing! (£9.99)
*just as good as higher end foundations promising the same thing
*evens skin tone
*yummy smell! Really fruity!

Cons
*coverage isn't so good-very light so I have to use plenty of concealer
*packaging! I much prefer the old packaging. It is now in a glass bottle, yes it looks classier but I'm always afraid it smashes in my bag!
*shades- there are not a very good selection of shades and even the lightest one looks slightly yellow and tanned so I really have to blend it into my neck
And for darker skinned people there isn't a very big selection

Overall, I really like using this foundation so I will continue to use it. If you have dry/normal skin like me I would recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This is my first Bourjois product and I am pleased with it. I am from the States so I had to pay more than the normal price for this, but it wasn't horrendous. I had to guess on the color and ended up picking 53, which is more appropriate for my skin in the summer, but I still use it anyways. It is just a little too dark, but not much. I plan on ordering 51 in the future when I have some extra money and when I become so pale I can't ignore it anymore. lol :)

I was really hoping to try the serum version of the Healthy Mix collection, but I didn't realize there were so many Healthy mix formulas til after I bought the Radiance Reveal. I think the sight I purchased from (asos.com) only had this formula available. I will just have to keep my eyes peeled for the serum formula in the future, as I have heard wonderful things about it.

That being said I am a huge makeup junky and have decided to start hunting up new brands from outside the US. I have been immensely pleased with all my purchases so far. I wonder if women are more discerning of cosmetics or if I am just awe-struck my being able to try something that seems exotic to me. :)

Anyways all that fluff aside, let's about the product. I really like this foundation. It looks nice on the skin and blends easily. I find it blends best for me if I use my hands, but I can also apply it with a beautyblender sponge or brush and it looks good too. It is buildable and give a medium coverage. I can't say it gives full coverage as I doesn't hide my acne scars as well as some other heavier foundations. The lasting power is decent, but it does wear away. I think this has more to do with my own skin than the product. The product feels nice and doesn't seems to bother my skin. It hasn't irritated my skin in anyways and it hasn't broke me out. That pleases me immensely! I'm the kind of person that can put on foundation and feel my skin being suffocated by it. I haven't experienced that with this product. Sets nicely with powder and let's skins natural luminosity shine though. Very impressed with this drugstore brand. :)

I like this product enough I am planning to buy it again in a lighter shade and probably in the shade I have now. I am very impressed and can't wait to try more from Bourjois!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After my success with the other excellent foundation by Bourjois 123 Perfection (which is a dupe of Chanel matte lumiere) and since growing older means you need dewier-than-matte foundations I thought I should give this a try.

Excellent product! Even better that the Bourjois 123 foundation, mostly in terms of finish and consistency. Feels light and fresh on application, covers nicelly (medium coverage), really gives a healthy look to the skin, without being overly glowy or shiny in any way. It has indeed a very fresh, "healthy" finish.

It stays put for a fair amount of time on my combo to oily skin, I would say for 4-5 hours. It does tranfer a bit on hands, if you have the bad habit of touching your face, like me. It does not oxidize over my sunscreen, which is a big plus for me!

Smells delightfully fruity upon application and then the scent fades away.

The packaging is made of glass and I hate that the bottom does not elevate with use like the old formulation of Healthy Mix, but that won't keep me from using it of course!

For reference I wear 53 Light Beige and I am a EL DW 2N2, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau No 3, MAC NC 25.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did go through many many foundations and this one is one of the best I've ever tried!

MY SKIN: combination-oily, acne-prone, I am about NC 20-25 in MAC

PACKAGE: great, luxury looking, the pump works very well, made from glass

COVERAGE: medium (I applied it with a regular foundation brush (MAX FACTOR)

TEXTURE: very nice, not very thin, not very thick, the product applies beautifully, smells amazing, but the fragrance isn't strong, i see any glitters, it isn't shiny

FINISH: natural, satin, semi-matte, depends on the primer/base, I use CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer because it controls oil very well and helps to treat my acne, it hides my pores

LONGEVITY: I have no problems with fading off, this product stays put all day long even on my combo-oily skin, it doesn't make me oily, I need to blot a few times during the day, but I have to do this with every foundation

BREAKOUTS: no breakouts, I have a problem that many foundations tend to break me out after a while, but no pimples with this product

ANY OTHER PROS: great price, the shade I use (53) is very yellow toned, which is great for my skin, because I have light skin with a lot of yellow undertones, photographs beautifully

RECOMMENDATIONS: I totally recommend to buy this foundation, it's great and for any skin type

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Leanne05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all I am a total foundation junkie. I've tried soooo many, mostly high end but why of why didn't I try this sooner?? It's AMAZING!!!

I bought colour no 53, I'm nc25 and this matches really well. I apply with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and the results are totally flawless!

I have dry / combo skin and found a lot of foundations settles in fine lines throughout the day but this stayed perfect. I would class this as a medium build able foundation. It covers all my redness and acne scars perfect, for more stubborn spots I do need concealer, but that's totally fine.
The finish is very healthy looking, hence the name :) I finish it with a setting powder, currently using Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder which is fab.

This foundation lasts all day, I may need a touch up after 6-8 hours, and I use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush for this as it gives a lighter touch and natural finish over the foundation already there.

I would recommend you try this as I really put this with high end foundations, if not better than most.
There is no SPF so it's great for photographs too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nvwartnaby

I thought this was a good back up foundation however, it is quite yellow and does NOT stay on your skin no matter what primer you use or how oily or dry your skin is, i wouldn't recommended this product unless you only need it on for a few hours or want very sheer coverage by the end of the day, it didn't stick to dry patches which is a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really love this foundation!

Here's a little back ground in my skin type:
I have dry red pimply cheeks, AKA keratosis pilaris, yet I have really oily spotty T-zone. Combination skin to extremes!
So I can neither buy a dewy glowy foundation which would work on my cheeks but not my T-zone, or a matte foundation which would suit my T-zone yet dry out my cheeks... THIS FOUNDATION IS MY HAPPY MEDIUM!

Coverage:
The coverage is definitely buildable, and will reduce the look of any blemishes and disguise redness. This is not a full coverage foundation, your skin will still look like skin (if that makes sense) it gives a natural yet perfected look which I love. A couple of layers is definitely emough coverage for my cheeks, I use concealer for any pesky blemishes on my T-zone as this foundation alone is not always enough, but that is fine by me!

Color:
I LOVE the color! It has definite yellow undertones, but you will not look like a simpson! It neutralizes your skin in a way, it is truly a very flattering color in my oppinion. I think that these undertones would be flattering for most if not all skin tones! The range is wider than the original healthy mix foundation.

Finish:
The finish is very natural, not matte, not dewy, almost a satin matte? It does not dull out skin, it adds a certain glow without adding shine! Maybe unsuitable for the very driest of skin types unfortunately. But personally i find the finish is perfect for a natural look.

Lasting power:
Lasts well enough for a day at school which says a lot! Obviously won't look as good at the end of the day as when first applied, but definitely good enough!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
As to comparison to original healthy mix foundation i personally do not notice much of a difference, perhaps the shades are slightly darker? The healthy mix radiance reveal foundation shade range is definitely darker than the healthy mix serum, i found that to be the case with the original too. Definitely my favourite foundation, would definitely recommend to any fellow combination skin gals.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. It is light, sheer, beautifying and very natural. For the most part, it is enough coverage for me. However, about once a month I have a bad skin day and just feel I need a little bit more coverage.

With that in mind, I ordered the regular Healthy Mix. I didn't know they had changed the regular formula until after I received the bottle. It is now labeled Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal (HMRR).

I wear shade 51 in the serum, so ordered the same in the regular. However, HMRR is slightly darker than the serum. It came out thicker, which I thought was good, but when I applied a thin layer through the center panel of my face it felt a little too thick - if that makes sense. It looked heavy, matte, and cakey. Rather than help to camouflage my bad skin (just a few spots and dryness) it seemed to emphasize it. I perservered, thinking it would settle in over time to a nice finish. Nope! Someone even told me "I have never seen you wear such heavy makeup!". Yikes.

I gave it a few more tries. I put it over moisturizer. I put it over sunscreen. I applied it ever more thinly with a regular foundation brush and then buffed it with a clean buffing brush. Nothing worked to make this look natural.

My skin is combination dry. I don't know how this would work for another skin type. But, for me, it was definitely a fail. Ultimately, I decided that for bad skin days I would just use the serum and finish with Laura Mercier Mineral powder for more coverage as needed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No