September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by aliskey62389

This is okay for cold and dry climates and time of the year because it is oil based and heavier but the past 2 summers, it has made me break out in warmer weather and sun where you sweat more. I had no clue that my moisturizer was contributing to my acne because I had trusted that Clinique was safe and non-comedogenic and spent a lot of money on this moisturizer but I have found much cheaper and safer alternatives so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by virginblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for the culprit that is responsible for the red bumps and irritation on my face and neck and I finally found it. I almost never break out and this moisturizer wreaked hell on my skin. Besides making my skin look horrible, it doesn't do a very decent job of moisturizing. I will never use this again. Awful.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product caused me to have small bumps and pimples in my problem areas, and had a greasy finish. I have tried it off and on over the years, it causes the same problems every time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is my HG moisturizer! It is not heavily scented, you only need a teeny bit, and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized without breaking out or any type of adverse reaction. I don't know why it has such a low rating, apparently I'm lucky that this works so well for me- especially for the price! This is NOT expensive. The tube, which lasts 6-7 months with twice a day use, is only $14.50! The big pump one is about $26 and takes me forever to use up as you don't need a lot. I use the three step every day, with the mild liquid soap and the CL #2, then follow with this moisturizer. After I put on this face cream, in the mornings I put on Origins A perfect world age defense moisturizer on top and the combination works wonders! If I don't use it for a day or so, I can really tell cause my face starts to break out!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by smsavino

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this product and gave it a try this weekend. At the end of the day I noticed that my face had small bumps on it. The only thing different in my routine was using this moisturizer.

I was surprised at what happened since my mother uses their face products to keep her rosacea under control.

I'll stick with Aveeno Daily Moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I feel like this product isn't much different from cetaphil. I ended up returning it because it was a little too moisturizing for me and honestly, I would rather get a moisturizer with anti-aging ingredients for the same price than just a simple moisturizer.
    I did, however, use this for a while last summer. My skin went haywire after I came back from Asia and this was the only product that helped. It's a good product if you have sensitive skin, but it doesn't do much other than that.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

This product is decent, it does its job and moisturizes my skin, however it tends to be a bit too oily for my combination skin. It does not, however, cause me to breakout. Which is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by AnaM50

I've been using this lotion for almost a year now, and I have been loving it! I don't have really dry skin (it's maybe normal to dry/combination), but the lotion for dry skin really works for me. I find it light and it moisturizes my skin all day without being greasy. Yes, it has mineral oil in it but I find it sinks into my skin well and doesn't leave me feeling greasy and gross. I use it in the morning and at night and it works great for both for me.
    My mom has been using this lotion for about 20 years. She is allergic to almost everything, but she tolerate this lotion really well and is in love with it.

It is quite expensive (hence the 3 starts for price), but for me personally it is worth the cost. I am careful about what I put on my face, so I will pay a little more for something that I find effective.

The pump packaging is good, just be careful not to press the pump too fast/hard or the lotion might squirt everywhere.

Overall, 5 stars because it is the best lotion I have tried and it works great for me. I'm not switching any time soon!

By the way, I find the Clinique representatives really helpful.

I can't imagine that there is any product out there that wont cause someone an allergy. For those of you concerned about possibly developing an allergic reaction to this due to some of the previous reviews, I would suggest purchasing the smaller size (it's about $15 CA at sephora I think) and testing it out or possibly asking for a sample from them. You can always try it and return it too if you don't end up liking it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Kaskelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used so many bottles of this that I've lost count. I've been using this for over 5 years and before that, the gel version. I was introduced to the gel version in high school by my mom and i liked the light feeling of the moisturizer. A couple years later, i found my skin getting drier and needing more moisture than the gel provided. So i dug out a sample size of the DDML from one of those gift with purchases and i loved it. I've tried other drugstore moisturizers but none have satisfied me. I don't know what happened to my skin after high school but it became dry and sensitive to the point where i get dry patches and eczema. When eczema strikes, I find the best thing to do is to moisturize it and basically try not to provoke it. And i find that the DDML is the only moisturizer i've found that does not "provoke" my eczema yet still moisturizing enough. Over the years, it's become my holy grail moisturizer because of it's never failed for me so far and it's a safe every day moisturizer that i know won't agitate my sensitive skin. Perhaps i haven't looked enough but with DDML, i don't feel the need to make my skin worse to find something slightly cheaper. Especially considering that I always buy back ups during gift with purchase events which normally include small tubes of DDML (great for travel) along with other freebies. If you have sensitive dry skin, I highly recommend you try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I've given this lotion 3 chances at 3 different times in my life and I suffered from an allergic reaction each time!

I always use the formula suited for my skin (which is sensitive and prone to eczema, but not on my face), Dry Combination. It feels nice on my face at first but within a week of using this on a daily basis my skin becomes extremely red, hot, irritated, bumpy, and itchy! It's awful!

I guess I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in it. However, keep in mind that I very rarely suffer from an allergic reaction to a makeup/skincare product- the only other product this has happened with was Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub!

I just find it kind of ironic that I get an allergic reaction to a product that is hypoallergenic and geared towards people with sensitive skin!

3 stars given only because it was great until the allergic reaction kicked in!