July 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Eye Primer - Milani - Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite primer. I like it so much better than UDPP, which makes my eye shadow patchy and look less pigmented. Milani's primer exceeded my expectations. It is easy to apply, has a cream color that blends easily, it dries quickly, and keeps my eye makeup looking flawless. I can use cheap WnW eye shadow, go dancing, and when I come home hours of rowdy partying later my eyes look as flawless as they did when I left the house. Without the primer, the same cheap eye shadow fades, I know from experience. I am happy that a DS product is my HG, doesn't happen very often. Highly recommended, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This did not work on me. I have super oily lids and my shadow creased by lunchtime when I used this product. I had to take my Sigma fluffy brush to my lids to smooth the creases out.

I wish it worked because the price is right but I will have to stick to TTSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Milani made a home run with this! Its better then any other eye primer I've had and I've tried em all! Its cheap and easily obtainable! It helps saturate the eye colors and make them last so long! It lasted through about 3 hours of clubbing and I got home fell asleep and my eye makeup looked the same!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! My biggest problem with shadows has always been creasing, as my eyes are sort of oily and they're hooded. I wore my shadows for 12 hours today and NO creasing with this. Up until now I've been using UDPP, and so far I feel like this is just as good! It's a little different texture than UDPP, it's slightly thinner and has a less dry texture. It goes on easily, and shadows apply and blend easily over it. I haven't tried it with really colorful shadows yet, so I can't really speak to whether it brightens them up or not-but on my neutral shadows it works great! If anything changes I'll be sure to update my review. You absolutely cannot beat this for the price! Under $7 at Walgreens. After using this, I may not even repurchase my UDPP when it runs out, it's that good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this just didn't work properly. I think its because I happen to have most of my oily-ness on my nose, chin and ...you guessed it...eyelids. =) I would say, if you have pretty regular lids then this would be stellar. It definitely holds pigment (color) of shadow/concealer/powder or whatever very well. And gives it great lasting power. But for me, I still had quite a lot of creasing. I much prefer the Smashbox or Tarte.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

Wow!! I have pretty much tried many eyeshadow primers and theyre usually $20... I absolutely love this Milani version. For the price it is amazing!! It is similar to UDPP except a bit more creamier and easier to blend. However, it does not last as long. About 8-10 hours of wear, the eyeshadows do tend to crease a bit, but not that much. With UDPP, I have no creasing what so ever... I can wear my makeup for 12 hours +. I would definitely recommend to those who are tired of paying $20 for an eyeshadow primer. This one works just as well as UDPP, maybe not a full 12 hours or longer, but almost there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

Luv this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this last week at CVS for $6.49. It's a small squeeze tube of one of the best eye primers I've used. It's slightly tinted so it works a bit of camoflage magic, but not a lot - it won't even out the skin tone much. It will keep your shadow parked right where you put it though - all day, and even longer. The tube dispenses just the right amount easily, and the set time for it is pretty short, no more than 30 seconds, I'd say. Once it's set, my shadow didn't go anywhere and I inadvertently slept in my makeup once - the shadow looked as good as when I put it on. I am really impressed with this stuff - the packaging is great, and the product is even better. If I could change one thing about it, I'd have it be a little more tinted so it would work as a skin tone evener as well as primer - but that's asking a lot of one little tube. :) I would place this stuff on par with, no, it's even better than nars' primer and a heckuva lot cheaper. CVS has a great return policy so you can buy and try without fear. I think I have found my new HG primer!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No