Milani Eye Primer

4.3

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

hey you. yeah you. you know who you are. your eyeshadow is constantly creasing, and you want your eyeshadow to stay longer and look more vibrant, but the high price tags on the popular primers like urban decay primer potion, or the benefit or the nars versions are turning you off. "should i really pay $21 for something that won't even be seen on my eyes?" , you think to yourself. the answer is no. look no further, because this product is everything youve been wanting and more. this product is amazing. it comes on your lids just tacky enough for eyeshadow to stick, but if you wear the primer without shadow you'll notice it turns completely matte and almost dry even on your lids (in a good way). this will be amazing for those oily lidded gals. needless to say, this does not crease, or fade, or smudge. did i mention it also provides amazing coverage for my red, veiny, disgusting eyelids? this primer is everything you want, for a fraction of the costs of other, more hyped primers at sephora. GO GET YOU SOME

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this primer because of the high ratings here on MUA. For reference I have seriously oily lids. Also, I live in a tropical country so that's another factor to consider when judging the longevity and efficacy of a product. I use UDPP and Etude House Proof10 primer (Korean brand) to make my eyeshadows stay. For review purposes, my comparison will be versus the UDPP since Proof10 isn't widely available.

This primer is more spreadable vs UDPP. UDPP dries fast. Too fast that when you don't spread it immediately, it can be patchy. Milani gives you a few seconds to spread the product and according to instructions, another 30 seconds to let the product set before applying shadows. It does make my shadows vibrant but does not stick around as much as when I use UDPP. At best, my shadows stay flawless for over 4 hours before signs of fading are seen. With UDPP, the same shadows last for over 8 hours before it starts to fade and crease. I would still use this for my under eye since it's spreadable. It could help my corrector/ concealer stay in place. I will try layering this with my usual primers to see they work better together.

Overall, UDPP still ranks first, with Etude Proof 10 as a very close runner up (can pass as a UDPP dupe actually). I would recommend the Milani primer to those with dry to normal lids.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow! I picked this up on a whim after I had finished up a tube of my usual primer ( TFSI). I wasn't expecting much and was only planning to use this until my next trip to Sephora, but after using this a few times I think this might be my new primer of choice! It keeps my makeup looking fresh for just as long (13+ hours for powder eye shadow, about 10-11 for eye liner) as UDPP and TFSI, but at a third of the price. I wouldn't call it a dupe for either product as the consistency is different (Milani's is thinner/less creamy than the other two and is less tinted), but it does the same job and does it just as well. I haven't tried it yet with a sheer or powdery shadow to see if it's as good at enhancing sub-par quality shadows as a high end primer, but just in terms of meeting my every day eye makeup needs this primer is a steal for the price. I'd highly recommend it!

on 12/3/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I haven't bought udpp since it came with a wand. Once my last tube ran out I decided to try drugstore a primer. There isn't a big selection tbh! When milani came out with this I of course picked it up immediately. It works well. It does exactly what an eyeprimer should do while being affordable and from a cruelty free company. I'm very happy with how my eye makeup holds up throughout the day and the packaging is simple & I think, cute. Will repurchase!!!

on 10/9/2013 2:56:00 AM

Finally a drugstore dupe for UDPP!!! I had to go the the store that i hate just to get this primer and i'm glad i did. Consistency wasn't as creamy as udpp but it lasts the same on my eyelids. Now i don't need to buy anymore UD for 20$ when this one cost only 6$ and its basically the same product.

on 9/26/2013 2:53:00 AM

Loving it! A little goes a long way, great for keeping my eyeshadows on, and my FAVORITE PART is that it even helps my cat-eye liquid liner stay on all day. Very happy with this impulse buy!! ;)

on 9/10/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This primer definately makes my eyeshadow a lot vibrant and last longer. Many people are comparing this primer to UDPP, which I strongly disagree because it prevents any creasing and increases the longevity of the shadows. The consistency and color of the product is similar. However, I didn't like the finish this primer gave me. For some reason every time I used my eyeshadows with this primer, I had wrinkles/folds on my eyelids, which I don't have naturally. It made my eyes look old. It is kind of weird for me because I don't have this problem even without any primer or with any other primers I ever used. If anyone is looking for a cheap eyeshadow primer, I will highly recommend the ELF eye primer which is about $3 and it gives a excellent finish.

Best eyeshadow primer I've ever used! I love how it makes any eyeshadow show up extra vibrant and it doesn't feel tacky or anything. The price is amazing as well! Under $6 at CVS or your local drugstore.

on 9/8/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have to say that this is my favorite eye primer of all time. It is better than UDPP In my opinion. It barely creases on me after a long day and it's very velvety smooth. It's also a dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's texture is very creamy and when on lids it creates a smooth satin canvas. It helps eyeshadow blend, intensifies shadow, and makes it very long lasting. It has a skin tone color but it's very sheer, so it doesn't really provide an coverage, (which I prefer.) The packaging is perfect. It's a functional squeeze tube and it's never given me any problems. Overall I highly recommend this product, it's the best eye primer at the drugstore.

on 8/16/2013 11:30:00 AM

Great, inexpensive product! Keeps my eyeshadow fresh and in place without creases all day. It looks tinted, but barely shows any colour on skin. I spread it all over the lid, up to my brows, as well as a little line of it under my eye just at the lash line. Keeps any pencil liner in place.