Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 8/21/2010 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my hg moisturising cream! I will never go without it as long as avene produces it. Before I had this I used a lot of different moisturisers but they often either didn't sink in very well and left a strange residue or made me look oily or just didn't moisturise at all, and I have used different brands, many much more expensive than this. Avene hydrance optimal riche on the other hand sinks in beautifully, never makes my skin oily, and it feels smooth and well hydrated afterwards. It's also great that it's in a tube, so it's sanitary. It's very cheap in Germany, so whenever I go to Berlin, which is very often I can get a tube of this.

on 5/27/2010 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just LOVE this moisturizer! When I used to live in Germany a few years back I always had all the AVENE products available a few steps away at a nearby pharmacy.
ANyways, this moisturizer is amazing!Every moisturizer seems to make me break out (my last experience was with the Cosmedix Phytoclear moisturizer, not worth the price).This Hydrance optimale riche cream moisturizes my skin perfectly and seems to even calm down my breakouts, it is a miracle moisturizer in my book. I strayed in the last few years to try out high end products and natural ones (Jan Marini, IS Clinical,Bioelements,Kate Somerville,MD Forte, Cosmedix with the natural ones being Dr Alkaitis,Intelligent Nutrients,Sircuit skin etc.) but after all those other lines and moisturizers I can honestly say this is the superstar of them all.It gives the skin a very healthy appearance,a shine,yet not an oily shine if that makes sense and hydrates all day.For me it is not too rich to use during the day even in summer. If you get the chance try it!

on 3/19/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used it in wintertime for two-three weeks. Loved it - the product is unbelievably moisturizing, leaves the skin smooth and soft + adds a really healthy-looking glow. The best moisturizer I have tried in my entire life. However, I started getting some really weird white dots and pimples from it and had to give it up.

Will definitely repurchase and give it another try in the future.

on 3/5/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cream, I have sensitive skin and rosacea and this is one of the few products that soothes my skin. it is expensive but one tube lasts me at least 2 months.

on 2/17/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow. I used this as a follow on from the Skin Recovery cream and Anti-redness light emulsion. Having bought those to ease the cosmetic load on my skin in an attempt to beat adult acne I had found that a significant part of the problem lay in over-cleansing, stripping out my skin's natural moisture and generally aggravating it, and the SRC had helped, but as my skin became accustomed to it I realised more moisture and not less was what it had needed all along.
I love this, it's really thick and gentle, good at any time of day (have just purchased the version with SPF to see how I fare with that, so will put a review in when I've tried it), and is non-greasy, non-comedogenic and very moisturising. Yes, it's a little expensive, and all the Avene products are, but a little does go a long way, and I feel for what these products have done for my skin, they are definitely worth it. Will buy again, and again, I am sure.

on 2/11/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This product is very hydrating and can cause the skin to appear shiny, this product works best if it's used at night and followed by the Avene light moisturizer in the morning. This product is great for dry-oily skin because it does not cause additional breakouts. However, the only problem with this product is the price, it's very expensive for such a small container. But overall this product is great, I have used it for about a year and I purchased it twice in just a year, so it is long lasting.

My skin went trough some changes when I was on BCP for the first time. During Winter my skin was quite dry, a very weird thing for me, being an oily gal. I bought this product to calm my skin down and it worked. After a while I didn't need it anymore, but I kept it anyway, the tube was half full, at least. Almost a year ago, the skin around my area became very dry/sensitive (it was always a little sensitive, but no big deal). I was starting to get desperate because I couldn't use concealer - it would dry out my skin more and it looked cakey. And concealer is the MU item I always use if I live the house, even for just 5 minutes. Luckily I remembered I had this moisturizer and decided to give it a try. It worked out perfectly! I doesn't sting at all (usually the skin around my eyes can't stand face moisturizers), leaves my skin smooth and fresh, it really is amazing! I will repurchase for sure. It's pricey (around 20€, I believe) but many eye creams cost the same, for 15 mL of product.

on 1/26/2010 12:13:00 AM

I live in a very cold and dry climate and felt that I needed something with more umph that would hydrate me throughout the whole day. I tried this and it worked fantastically, HOWEVER, it seems almost too rich since it broke me terribly along the jawline. I'm giving it 3 lippies because it does the job, and will probably work for someone who doesn't have as sensitive skin as I do.

on 12/9/2009 1:54:00 AM

Love it! It seems like a pretty no frills cream at first but as others have said it really does seem to make a difference. My skin was so dry and irritated before I used this and no it seems to stay hydrated all day--and still no break outs after one month! I am so happy that I found this cream!

on 11/25/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this today (in light not rich) at a local pharmaprix in canada and i was really excited to try this. First because of the good reviews it generally gets but also because avene has a pretty good reputation when it comes to cleansers and creams. the only "bad" thing is that i find it quite expensive (40 ml for 36$). but ayways so i JUST finished trying it and i find that the consistency is really awkward. It was hard to blend into my skin, either that or it absorbed REALLy fast. Anyways apart from that, the product smells good and it seems to work nicely with my sensitive-combination-acne-prone skin. Ill let you in on some further details in the next week (like if it broke me out, or if its actually moisturizing my skin)

...I think im breaking out from this, ive stoped using it to see how my face would react and it calmed down a lot. except that now i need to find myself another moisturizer!

Popular Moisturizers