December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I used this as a follow on from the Skin Recovery cream and Anti-redness light emulsion. Having bought those to ease the cosmetic load on my skin in an attempt to beat adult acne I had found that a significant part of the problem lay in over-cleansing, stripping out my skin's natural moisture and generally aggravating it, and the SRC had helped, but as my skin became accustomed to it I realised more moisture and not less was what it had needed all along.
I love this, it's really thick and gentle, good at any time of day (have just purchased the version with SPF to see how I fare with that, so will put a review in when I've tried it), and is non-greasy, non-comedogenic and very moisturising. Yes, it's a little expensive, and all the Avene products are, but a little does go a long way, and I feel for what these products have done for my skin, they are definitely worth it. Will buy again, and again, I am sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by damiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is very hydrating and can cause the skin to appear shiny, this product works best if it's used at night and followed by the Avene light moisturizer in the morning. This product is great for dry-oily skin because it does not cause additional breakouts. However, the only problem with this product is the price, it's very expensive for such a small container. But overall this product is great, I have used it for about a year and I purchased it twice in just a year, so it is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by HydrangeaBlues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin went trough some changes when I was on BCP for the first time. During Winter my skin was quite dry, a very weird thing for me, being an oily gal. I bought this product to calm my skin down and it worked. After a while I didn't need it anymore, but I kept it anyway, the tube was half full, at least. Almost a year ago, the skin around my area became very dry/sensitive (it was always a little sensitive, but no big deal). I was starting to get desperate because I couldn't use concealer - it would dry out my skin more and it looked cakey. And concealer is the MU item I always use if I live the house, even for just 5 minutes. Luckily I remembered I had this moisturizer and decided to give it a try. It worked out perfectly! I doesn't sting at all (usually the skin around my eyes can't stand face moisturizers), leaves my skin smooth and fresh, it really is amazing! I will repurchase for sure. It's pricey (around 20€, I believe) but many eye creams cost the same, for 15 mL of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in a very cold and dry climate and felt that I needed something with more umph that would hydrate me throughout the whole day. I tried this and it worked fantastically, HOWEVER, it seems almost too rich since it broke me terribly along the jawline. I'm giving it 3 lippies because it does the job, and will probably work for someone who doesn't have as sensitive skin as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! It seems like a pretty no frills cream at first but as others have said it really does seem to make a difference. My skin was so dry and irritated before I used this and no it seems to stay hydrated all day--and still no break outs after one month! I am so happy that I found this cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by lizgen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought this today (in light not rich) at a local pharmaprix in canada and i was really excited to try this. First because of the good reviews it generally gets but also because avene has a pretty good reputation when it comes to cleansers and creams. the only "bad" thing is that i find it quite expensive (40 ml for 36$). but ayways so i JUST finished trying it and i find that the consistency is really awkward. It was hard to blend into my skin, either that or it absorbed REALLy fast. Anyways apart from that, the product smells good and it seems to work nicely with my sensitive-combination-acne-prone skin. Ill let you in on some further details in the next week (like if it broke me out, or if its actually moisturizing my skin)

...I think im breaking out from this, ive stoped using it to see how my face would react and it calmed down a lot. except that now i need to find myself another moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I have combi skin, in winter it gets dry from time to time. Because I have used Light hydrating cream with good results, decided to try this.
The packing is nice, the texture is creamy, but sooo sooo greasy and thick. It took forever to get into the skin. I couldn’t use it in the morning, as a makeup base, because of the greassines which gave a very unattractive look. Decided to use it as a night cream. After 2 night, broke me out, both white and red pimples. It didn t hydrate my skin even a bit. Eventually, still sobbing after the money I payed for it, used it as a handcream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by skovshovedvej

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Having sensitive and dry skin this really does the job for me. I have had a hard time finding a cream that I can use around the eyes. Most eyecreams either do not give enough moisture or irritate my skin because of the anti-wrinkle ingredients. My skin also used to dry out during the day, but this cream help me out on all scores.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by dolphin79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only good thing about this product was it made my skin feel soft but did not hydrate at all and I found it had a very greasy feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by rxygrl

HG! Love this for when my skin is extremely irritated and on dry patches. I also use this around the eye area and hydrates well. Doesn't break me out and I break out with EVERYTHING. Definitely will repurchase.