December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

I am NC20 and use Vanilla. I'm quite happy with this. It does conceal well around the eyes without caking. It also manages to eliminate fine lines. Doe foot applicators are my fave for touch-ups on the go. Its coverage is a bit more than medium but less than StudioFix or Dermablend. The light-reflecting qualities help to play down big bumps, so l use this atop StudioFix. Have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by gutsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the best concealer for a dry skin ,just need to apply bit of moisturizer first under the eye to perfectly even it out. First I used the darkest color as corrector and add then the lightest color a little bit above it. The lightest color can be used as highlighter as well ..Love this product.. Using this , I don't even need a foundation .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

8) Blurs fine lines/wrinkles: False
9) Long-wearing: True
10) Crease-proof: False

Packaging:
Concealer comes in a small plastic tube with a doe-foot applicator. This is actually the reason I put off trying this concealer for so long: I absolutley hate this type of applicator for expensive produdcts because you know that much of the product will be wasted! And with a hard packaging, one can't easily decant this. The doe-foot applicator is nice and firm though, so it works just fine for applying onto the skin. Germaphobes may not appreciate this packaging. Plastic is clear, so this may help in being able to tell more easily when it's time to repurchase.

Formula:
I found this to be a fairly dry concealer, in the sense that it isn't greasy and emollient. It's actually maybe a bit powdery? In the sense that I feel like it might be similar to a cream-to-powder formula. It's fairly pigmented, and has a lightweight texture. Did not notice any obvious fragrance.

Performance:
I wanted to liket his but overall it's just not very good. Before I talk about my experience, I do want to preface that I had issues with their eyeshadow primer as well, so I do believe that there may just be something about the brand itself that doesn't agree well with my skin.
I found this concealer to be very drying, or at least to apply very dry. As mentioned, it isn't emollient or greasy, which I actually really appreciate because it dries down quite nice. I've tried a few other products that just stay really sticky/tacky even after powdering. BEcause of the very dry formula though, it has a short blending period. I tried this for my face and for my eyes. It was far too dry for my eye area, accentuating fine creases and settling into them, while also just looking really dry and cakey. Aside from it being a bit too light for my eye area, I did not notice any light-diffusing properties.
The product also did not layer very well. Because of the dryness, I really could not build it up for full coverage on my face. If I did try to build it up, it just looked really off. And I still was unable to get full coverage. Overall I do feel that it may have actually dried out my skin as well.
In regards to the dryness, I did apply this on top of freshly oiled skin, on totally clean skin, mixed with oil... nothing made it go on smooth and comfortably.
It did wear well, though. I didn't notice any fading or transfering, so if the formula had been a bit creamier it would probably have worked well for me.

Bang for your Buck:
$35 here in Canada for 0.22oz. So overpriced for the amount given, although not much product was really needed per application, so it may actually last a decent amount of time.

Final Consensus:
Just did not work well for me. Wound up returning it, and overall I'm just not going to bother with NARS products anymore. I'd maybe recommend it, but I'd recommend trying to get a sample first if possible.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 4/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For once, a product lives up to the hype (as well as its name)!

I don't know how they did it, but despite being quite pigmented, this concealer won't ever look cakey. I dab it on with the doefoot applicator, then use my Everyday Minerals eye kabuki brush to blend and buff it in. This concealer melts into skin beautifully and gives an air-brushed, radiant finish. It's amazing how well-rested I look after I apply this stuff!

There is some sort of light-reflective quality to it, though there are no visible shimmer particles. I even use my Custard to highlight the bridge of my nose and my browbones.

But I mainly use this concealer around my eyes and nose where the skin tends to be a little drier and more delicate. The texture is indeed very creamy and blends easily, but offers a surprisingly good amount of coverage and does not settle into fine lines or highlight rough spots as long as you blend carefully.

I liked this concealer so much I bought a second tube in a different shade to use sort of as a corrector. I have Honey and Custard. Despite being classified as a "light" shade, Honey is actually a smidge darker than Custard and is a warm-toned light peachy beige. Custard is straight-up pale yellowy beige. Both work well on my light, yellow-olive complexion.

Staying power is pretty good. It lasts through a workday and into an evening out. It will rub off, but it's no worse in this regard than any other kind of base product. It has not caused any breakouts or allergic reactions in me.

I love the packaging. It is sleek and very travel-friendly. (I don't have to worry about concealer oozing out of a squeeze tube and it comes with its own applicator). The price is pretty high ($29), but I think it's worth it since concealer is the one thing I use everyday (I no longer wear foundation). Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pricey but blends well and has fantastic coverage. I can even cover my tattoo with this stuff, and that's pretty impressive!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by maryr624

This is my go-to concealer. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by illaillanow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer! Let me begin by saying that I'm not one of those people who uses a different concealer for undereye and blemishes on a regular basis. No. I'm on a budget and can't be bothered so I was elated to find this concealer that can double as both. I think an important part of maximizing your use with this product is method of application. I found that applying it with fingers left it cakey after a couple of hours and sponge absorbed too much of the product. So what I do is- I get some out onto the back of my hand or whatever palette I'm using so I don't contaminate what's left in the tube, dot on my undereye area or blemishes and let it sit for a minute or so and then use a fluffy brush to blend out in circular motions. This gives me the longest wear and most natural looking finish. I didn't have any problems with creasing, but I always set with MAC msf. Reason i gave this a 4 is because packaging is inconvenient and unsanitary. Would much prefer a squeeze tube. Also, price point is ridiculous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kcanfield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry and very light skin. I have tried to find a concealer that would actually be lighter than my skin and more illuminating while covering up my under eye circles, and NARS does that! It doesn't cling to my dry patches and makes me look so awake. For a few weeks, I haven't even bothered with foundation, that's how good this concealer is!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sjbenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer oxidizes slightly, it looks too light when i first apply it but quickly looks correct after it dries. I apply it with a damp sponge, as I have VERY dry undereyes and it looks very crepey when i apply it dry or with my fingers. Lasts all day, I set it with a tiny bit of makeup forever HD powder. not super long wearing on the face. I cant rave about it as i wish it wasnt quite so drying but it is a decent concealer coverage wise and does not crease.

Not as long wearing or full coverage as PROlongwear, but less drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skintone is NC20-25. I wear this concealer in Custard, and it's a perfect match. It's very creamy in consistency and does a great job of brightening the undereye area. I'm 53 and really don't need this concealer to cover dark circles, because I don't have any. I really like what it does do for me. I will definitely purchase again!