November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rainberry32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It makes my face look matte and polished. It really helps your face to look non-cakey and that's what I need. It's a very good price for it's value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love! This is just perfect to finish your face with. I especially love how it seals in lipstick and brightens face without looking like Casper :-). I like the packaging much better than its competitors and find that this works every bit as well as the higher-end versions. I wish it came with more product because it doesn't look like there's much in there when you first buy it but I am finding that it doesn't take much and you don't want to use a lot anyways. My new staple!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a sad story about this one. First two days I wore this, I was amazed. I had never seen my skin look so good, glowy, MATTE..perfection. I noticed two cystic acne flare ups and figured it might be due to something else. The third day, I had about 5 cycstic acne spots on my face. I stopped using it, and two days later my face cleared up, so I knew it was because of this. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to silica, or maybe a cheap filler?! It took a week to get my face healed. I have sensitive/acne prone skin, but it only reacts to products. there's always a reason. Anyone else experience this??

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been looking for a good finishing powder for quite some time when I saw this at my local Target for only $10. I looked at the ingredients, 100% silica, same as many much more expensive powders like Make Up Forever. I decided to give it a try, and I am quite glad I did. It does buff into my skin very well, and gives me a nice even matte finish. It also does seem to control shine for a pretty long time. The powder performs on par with it's more expensive counterparts. Unfortunately, there are some things I don't like about this powder, it does tend to cling to dry skin. Even patches of dry skin that I didn't even know were there. And the packaging is just horrible. The sifter has giant holes, and many of them. This powder is so finely milled that it just flies everywhere when opened unless I am very careful with it. Due to the packaging I don't think I could ever travel with this stuff. However, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I think I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this silica powder nearly every day. In winter I use it for shine on my forehead and nose but in summer it is a lifesaver when my face sweats like crazy. It so far is the only good powder I found for summer heat, but I love how this buffs out large pores. It doesn't add any more color which often makes me look over made up which I have heavy hands so I need a colorless sheer finish. Only takes a little to fill in pores to make my face look more smooth. This is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MissMakeupDarling

I saw this at Ulta and the first thing that caught my eye was the sleek packaging. It is packaged in a black, professional-looking container. I apply my makeup in the morning around 6 and I go through a long day at school including physical education and somehow I do not need to blot throughout the day. This powder definitely keeps me matte and I love it!
This is the first product I ever try from NYX, but after using this powder I will definitely look into trying out more stuff from this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had high hopes but not nearly as a refined finish as MUFE's version. Looks and feels chalky, and made me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KatelynTaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow! This powder is life changing! It sets even my creamiest foundations and keeps me shine free and natural looking all day! No white cast, just a perfectly set face that lasts hours! My T zone is oily so when I first tried this and looked in the mirror hours later, I was amazed! For ten bucks, I will continue to repurchase! I love this powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by geekybabe91

I have no idea why no one is really talking about this in the YouTube world, but I love this product!! WIll continue to repurchase time and time again. Sets my makeup, gives me a wonderful, naturally matte look, yet does not cake up no matter how much I put on! Love love love. Price is cheap, product is amazing. My only con is that I wish there was more in a container... I go through this like water.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by missladygirl

It has taken me 7 years to find a product that controls oil on my obnoxiously oily skin. And when I say "oily" I mean "within 30 minutes of applying foundation my forehead and nose are glistening." I have tried so many different primers, foundations, powders and skin care products - everything from high to low-end, and nothing has came close to controlling my oil like NYX HD powder. I can go 8-9 hours now before noticing a sheen of any kind which is a small miracle in my book.

Yes, the packaging is horrible. The sifter top has too many large holes and since the power is very fine, whenever you open the top, it flies everywhere. My solution was to only open 1 hole and keep the others taped off. I flip over the jar, give it a tap on the bottom then flip it back over and tap it on top. I have found that what remains on the top after opening the jar is plenty of powder to cover my entire face, while keeping the mess to a minimum. I apply this powder with either a fan brush or an EcoTools powder brush.

For $10 at Ulta, this is a steal and I will be repurchasing when I run out.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No