October 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this silica powder nearly every day. In winter I use it for shine on my forehead and nose but in summer it is a lifesaver when my face sweats like crazy. It so far is the only good powder I found for summer heat, but I love how this buffs out large pores. It doesn't add any more color which often makes me look over made up which I have heavy hands so I need a colorless sheer finish. Only takes a little to fill in pores to make my face look more smooth. This is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MissMakeupDarling

I saw this at Ulta and the first thing that caught my eye was the sleek packaging. It is packaged in a black, professional-looking container. I apply my makeup in the morning around 6 and I go through a long day at school including physical education and somehow I do not need to blot throughout the day. This powder definitely keeps me matte and I love it!
This is the first product I ever try from NYX, but after using this powder I will definitely look into trying out more stuff from this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had high hopes but not nearly as a refined finish as MUFE's version. Looks and feels chalky, and made me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KatelynTaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow! This powder is life changing! It sets even my creamiest foundations and keeps me shine free and natural looking all day! No white cast, just a perfectly set face that lasts hours! My T zone is oily so when I first tried this and looked in the mirror hours later, I was amazed! For ten bucks, I will continue to repurchase! I love this powder.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by geekybabe91

I have no idea why no one is really talking about this in the YouTube world, but I love this product!! WIll continue to repurchase time and time again. Sets my makeup, gives me a wonderful, naturally matte look, yet does not cake up no matter how much I put on! Love love love. Price is cheap, product is amazing. My only con is that I wish there was more in a container... I go through this like water.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by missladygirl

It has taken me 7 years to find a product that controls oil on my obnoxiously oily skin. And when I say "oily" I mean "within 30 minutes of applying foundation my forehead and nose are glistening." I have tried so many different primers, foundations, powders and skin care products - everything from high to low-end, and nothing has came close to controlling my oil like NYX HD powder. I can go 8-9 hours now before noticing a sheen of any kind which is a small miracle in my book.

Yes, the packaging is horrible. The sifter top has too many large holes and since the power is very fine, whenever you open the top, it flies everywhere. My solution was to only open 1 hole and keep the others taped off. I flip over the jar, give it a tap on the bottom then flip it back over and tap it on top. I have found that what remains on the top after opening the jar is plenty of powder to cover my entire face, while keeping the mess to a minimum. I apply this powder with either a fan brush or an EcoTools powder brush.

For $10 at Ulta, this is a steal and I will be repurchasing when I run out.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FOR THE PRICE OF SETTING POWDERS ITS AWESOME. YES I LOV IT ITS VERY SHEER AND LIGHT SO BE CAREFULL OPENING IT. ITS GREAT SETTING POWDER, NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another raving review. Surprise! This was the first drugstore setting powder that I've tried. I've always used high end setting powders. I was a little hesitant. I wasn't sure if this was going to dry me out (since I have drier skin). To my surprise, it didn't dry me out! In fact, my makeup stayed in place for 5+ while in college classes! Booya! The less makeup I have to reapply the better.

Best. Setting Powder. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- mattifies
- finely milled
- controls oil
- blurs imperfections
- little goes a long way

Cons

- leaves white cast in flash photography

Comments: HG powder for oily skin! This controls my oil so well and gives such a beautiful, flawless finish. It's so finely milled and a little goes a very long way. A light dusting with your favorite powder brush is all you need. Do not load this on! It also helps to keep my concealer from creasing in my fine lines.

Will repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by zeniia

This powder is so amazing. It leaves your skin looking flawless. Will def rebuy.