April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these. They are pigmented and add sheer color that actually is a bit buildable if you want. They smell wonderful, and I always love NYX's simple packaging, these are bigger and chunkier than a regular chapstick. The names are really yummy too like Macaron haha. They are also only like 5 dollars, but do not skimp on quality. Just an all around good product ^__^

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product but it is SO HARD to obtain in Canada, you would not believe. I cherish the tube of NYX's Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie that I have.

It's a lovely glossy red that I have been pining after for over a year! It's really beautiful and really does glide onto the lips like butter. The gloss feels so creamy on my lips! The smell is really nice and sweet too, like vanilla cherry ice cream.

I'd buy this gloss again in a heart beat, if I could get my hands on it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are my all-time favourite, most used lip glosses and one of my favourite lip products to wear - and coming from someone who normally hates glosses, that's saying a lot!

I own the shades Maple Blondie, a wearable peachy-pink shade, and Creme Brulee, a dusty nude pink. Both these shades are very wearable for anyone, especially those with pale skin and red or brown hair. My favourite aspect of these glosses is that they just don't have that horrible glue-like sticky feeling you get with most glosses - they do have a slight tackiness and so I wouldn't recommend wearing them on a particularly windy day, but nothing like that gluey 'get-this-stuff-off-my-face' feeling. They last a decent amount of lasting time for a gloss, since I only reapply every 2.5 to 3 hours or after meals. The scent is also lovely, a gorgeous vanilla scent similar to the MAC lipstick scent.

Since NYX products are pretty hard to find in the UK, I picked these up from Ulta in the US, costing less than $5 each and usually on offer (so of course, you should pick up several at once). I'd love if they were more easily available here, but since I don't run out of lip products quickly it's not too much of a problem.

I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a new lip gloss, especially those who normally hate wearing it. I can't wait til I go to the US again so I can pick up some more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own 5 shades and they are all gorgeous!! They are so pigmented, creamy and non sticky. They go on so smooth, it almost feels like a high end lip gloss but it's only 5 bucks! When I do wear lip gloss, these are the lip glosses that I reach for. Just gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aswiftmistake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nyx butter glosses are really wonderful specifically because of their texture and mild sweet smell. They have wonderful pigmentation for a less expensive brand, and come in a variety of mostly nude and wearable shades. If your not a huge fan of sticky lip glosses, these are for you. I think that they really hit the every day-wearable colours perfectly, and I would definitely purchase more colours. They are a more expensive lip gloss for the drugstore, but I think that they are worth the money because of the quality of gloss and packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I have shade tiramisu - it is not a tiramisu shade at all it is a bright pastel pinky nude with a touch of peach and beige - this is very similar to the mega gloss in natural but I like the texture and flavour so much more. This doesnt slide around, doesnt stick to hair feels nice and moisturising and is nice and sheer. Great for just throwing on as doesnt require any fussing with liners or mirrors. A great little product but still not quite my thing as I am not the biggest gloss fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FINALLY! Finally i FOUND a Target near me that carries NYX no longer gotta order online YAY! This is the BEST gloss i have EVER tried. i like MAC glosses but they are a. BIT TOO sticky and drying. The color i got is called "Strawberry Parfait" it is a sheer purply pink with a slight sheen the color can be built up or layered it's VERY moisturizing and doesn't feel overly sticky (MAC,Jordana,LancĂ´me i mean ya'llz!) It SMELLZ divine! Can't wait to get more!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this a couple of days ago in the color Creme Brulee and I love it. My lips are very, very pigmented so by itself it just looks a tad pink and shimmery, but with Revlons LipStick in Sky Line it's really gorgeous. It makes my lips a nice pink color that doesn't clash with my red-brown hair like many pink colors do. I love the texture of this, its creamy and not sticky at all. Normally I can't stand lip glosses due to the stickiness/heaviness but this is light, creamy & seems to be really hydrating so far. During the winter my lips are very dry and tend to even peel. NOTHING has been working to make them smooth again, not even exfoliating lip scrubs, but after about two days of using this my lips are back to their being soft and smooth. I also love how small the tube is, and the vanilla-y smell. The reason i only give it 4 lippies is because the lasting power isn't great, it seems to disappear and i find myself pretty consistently reapplying it, which is annoying. Also the applicator picks up a lot of product, so when you put it on you really have to work on spreading it so it doesn't look gross. Overall, it is a great product and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so happy NYX extended their Butter Gloss to include a wider color range. I bought Devil's Food which is the gloss equivalent of the Licorice lipstick. It's a thick gloss but not one of those that are so thick and sticky they make your lips goopy and flaky (I'm looking at you Bobbi Brown) or hard to apply evenly in the dark colors (I'm looking at you MAC) In the cold weather, it's kept my lips soft. I'm really happy with Devil's Food.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by BodaBantan

Totally in love, glides on smoooothly and the color selection is nice,, unfortunately i only have the "peaches and cream" shade, but i would defiantly buy other colors, can be worn on its own or on top of a lipstick for a nice twist, just make sure you exfoliate before hand, cause it does shows the flakes on your lips!!