NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE! I have Angel Food Cake and its a lovely, pigmented gloss that shines and stays for a decent amount of time. I adore Devil's Food Cake though; its a deep plummy red that makes my makeup look striking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I sooooo love this gloss! I currently have the color Tiramisu. I am NW50 and it is a beautiful sheer, nude color to wear by itself, or to amp up a lipstick. It smells like Vanilla. You can adjust the coverage. The best part is, it lasts very long and moisturizes my lips. I plan to buy many more and I definitely recommend these!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a couple of these glosses (Vanilla Cream Pie and Strawberry Parfait) due to having them recommended to me by the Makeup Board and they really are fantastic. The consistency is very nice, not overly thick or thin and applies easily with a doe-foot applicator. The smell is a strong vanilla and brown sugar scent which I love. The colours apply true to the colour in the tube and can be built up for more opacity. There is a wide variety of colours too - I want to try them all!! They have good lasting power for a gloss, and the tube can be thrown into your handbag for mid-day touch ups. They are the best drug-store gloss I have ever tried and I will be reaching for these whenever I need a new gloss. They retail at $10AUD which is a bargain (especially when you consider MAC and Nars lipglosses are almost $40 - and these ones are a lot nicer!). Even though I wear lipstick more than I wear lipgloss, these are cheap and good qualiy which means I can justify buying a few. These are my HG glosses. I can't wait to collect them all. I would recommend these glosses to anyone.

Am I the only person that thinks this product is terrible? It makes me think there is something wrong with the one I bought. Because if everyone here wrote a review about the one i bought, there is no way they would give it 5 lippies.
Anyway, I bought this Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie. I Love red lipsticks and red lip glosses. But this one is absolutely horrible. I bought it from CVS for 4.99. Which is a great price, if it were a great product. I wish I could return this one. I got home and I could not wait to try it. So I did. I put it on and yuck. It looked like I put on red lip liner and used clear lip gloss. Thats the only way I can explain the way it looked. I will never again buy this product. But, because everyone else thinks it is such a great product, it really makes me think that maybe this one was siting on the shelf for too long. I still have the receipt so I am going to try to return it. Because there is no way that so many people think it is a great product, and only I had such a bad experience with it. There has to be something wrong with the one I bought. I am going to try to return it tomorrow.

Great pigmented lip gloss with good staying power. Recently purchased NYX Buttergloss in Cherry Pie. The colour itself is a true candy red ; slightly blue based . Application is smooth, feels good, stays on long (although not as long as MAC; still good, however, for a d/s product); no tackiness or stickiness. In fact, the Cherry Pie shade is almost exactly the same colour as MAC' s Ruby Woo lipstick. These perfect red/ red candy shades are very hard to find ...That being said this l/g is a wonderful alternative ( or dupe) for the Ruby Woo lipstick from MAC. The MAC lipgloss in Ruby Woo ( which I have) is slightly darker than the Ruby Woo lipstick & a tad more blue- based red; IMO, while I think MAC is great, their lipsticks tend to be too drying and too matte for me... Might pair NYX butter gloss in Cherry Pie with MAC lipliner in Ruby Woo for lip contour and definition. Overall, was pleasantly surprised with NYX: Low price point; High quality, great colour:) Will r/p.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with these glosses. I have about 5 of them and they are amazing. They smell nice, feel great and last a long time. They are not too sticky and have the right amount of shine.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Let me just say this now... The price of just 4.99 works just as well as a high end gloss. Personally I prefer this product over my Mac lipglasses any day. The smell and texture is creamy and buttery and they smell sort of sweet like cupcakes. And they're an absolute must have. I have sooooo many of these glosses and honestly regret buying all my high end ones. The only cons I would say is the lasting power but for the price it honestly doesn't even matter haha. Leaves a beautiful color and highly pigmented. Recommend the color Eclair over any light pink lipstick(Mac's angel or Mac's cremecup) and ugh SO perfect and SO SO flawless. Definitely a HG product. Amazing

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Obsessed with these glosses! I've owned every one and I can't get enough of the peaches and cream, cherry pie, eclair and sugar cookie shades. If you're looking for a casual everyday gloss, that is really affordable and feels great on your lips, this is it.

The pigment of these isn't very strong, but you have to remember it is a gloss so they are transparent unless you put on a lot on or apply a lipstick beforehand. I personally like to stay with the NYX brand, so if I'm wanting a more potent pigment I will apply a similar shade of matte lipstick from NYX, which is also very affordable on beforehand. Otherwise, I wouldn't wear the matte lipstick alone since I feel there are better options out there, quality wise but the prices for their matte lipsticks can't be beat.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in 'angel food cake' which is a gorgeous transparent pink-nude. I love the consistency and colour but unfortunately it wears off within a half hour therefore I wouldn't repurchase.

Love these butter glosses! I had heard of them, but never got it until it had the 40% off from Ulta! (Ulta is the best.) I love the shade called Peaches & Cream. The gloss isn't sticky, love the pigmentation from it and it's just the best! Highly recommend you buy it, especially when there is a sale to get it at $3 or sometimes less! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials