December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how this powder works, but it is AMAZING! It gives me a matte finish and makes my skin look smooth and flawless. The powder is white in the compact but goes on colorless - no white cast at all. It somehow blurs imperfections and makes my skin look great. This product became an HG with just the first use!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think this powder was anything special. It is very finely milled and set my makeup, but there was a detectable white cast (I'm about an NC25) and I didn't think that it improved (or worsened) the look of my skin. The oil control seemed about average--it mattified my skin in the morning and I got some shine by lunch, but I've yet to find a product that I don't describe that way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

3.5/5 lippies.
I bought this because I've heard so much wonderful things about it and i really want to like it. Unfortunately, mine had this layer of hardened powder I had to dig through to get to the actual product... If I'm paying a lot of money for a NARS powder I shouldn't have to waste so much of it. *sigh* it works ok enough... Takes the shine away and keeps everything in place...
but if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not WOW'ed by this product that much... Maybe I'll give it a few more months.... But I think I'm going to try MUFE next time.
PS: I don't need the flimsy sponge... Put some nicer stiffer brush in it next time so I can get some product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is my HG of setting powder.

It gives you almost an "airbrushed" look as people have been saying on MUA reviews, it holds makeup ALL day and generally just makes your skin look flawless.
Strangely hides flaws and blemishes while giving your skin a nice glow/set look.

Will never you another setting powder!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so sad that i *LOVE* this powder, because it costs an arm & a leg!! it sets makeup beautifully, blurs pores/dark spots/imperfections, gives skin a radiant glow, and may actually live up to its hydration claim since it's comfortable to wear on my dry skin, and doesn't make my face look cracked or feel itchy. i don't want to use any other powder now, not even Ben Nye banana powder. will absolutely repurchase!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Glitter87

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to really figure this stuff out, but now I love it! I put on my liquid foundation, apply this with a kabuki, then brush on a little bit of my regular pressed powder that matches my skin tone. That way, I can use a little more of the Nars powder to help with oil control and don't have to worry about a white cast. This powder makes the makeup stay on my face SO much longer!!! And I have very very oily skin! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG. This is the best setting powder I've ever used. This gives a perfect "soft-matte" finish without any obvious traces of makeup. You can wear this even without foundation and you'll still look polished. The great thing about this powder is that it's subtle that people won't notice you're wearing makeup, but not TOO subtle that they won't notice a "glow" about you. lol. It's perfect. I hope NARS never discontinues it. And a great thing about it is that it's spill-free and mess-free unlike most setting powders in the market! Didn't break out my acne-prone skin too!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It gives an airbrushed finish and feels incredibly soft. It looks lovely on my dry skin. The packaging is fun, it comes in a classic NARS compact and also a pouch with a sponge/puff. Like everyone else said it's strange looking, it's very hard and almost doesn't seem like a powder in the compact. There's a layer on top that you need to scrape off with your brush. Will totally buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so relieved! I bought this online from a u.s website as it is ridiculously priced in Australia ($55) It arrived today and I was sooo disappointed. The product looked and felt like plastic and I thought that I had either received old product or a fake. I scraped my finger nail over it and it kinda chunked off a bit. Came on here and saw the other reviews about its consistency and feel a little better now. I rubbed a tissue over it and the product underneath actually resembles a powder now (albeit a strange consistency - forget trying to swatch it.. It's all but invisible) Will try it out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a totally stange product but I love it. This powder looks like hard plastic in the pan, kind of feels like it too when you touch it. But when you use it with a brush, a very small amount comes off, but you don't need much to use this as a finishing powder. I love the airbrushed affect it gives and makes my skin feel super soft. I'm not oily so I can't attest to it controlling oil, but it looks gorgeous on the skin. I would buy this again.