October 31, 2014 | 847 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I bought this after hearing all the raves. Before I get into the negatives (and I have plenty), I want to commend Wet 'n Wild for thinking of the pale folk when making this foundation. (I have the color "Fair.") I have never, ever been able to find a drugstore foundation pale enough for me, but this is actually a decent match. I could do with it being slightly less pink, but overall, if you're very fair like me and have a difficult time finding something anywhere in your color ballpark in drugstores, check this out. Other drugstore brands: take notes from WnW. We *do* notice when someone makes a "fair" product that doesn't translate to "oompa loompa orange" on the skin.

Quick notes: The formula is pretty thick; it reminds me a little bit of Revlon's ColorStay. It spreads smoothly, though; the texture is actually quite nice once you begin to blend. It's not especially dry or especially oily, and it feels like it absorbs well. There is a slight paint-like smell fresh out of the tube, but it dissipates quickly. It leaves a matte finish with no dewiness at all.

Now that's out of the way... I don't find this "full coverage." I would say with some layering, this is medium coverage at best. If you have good skin, you'll probably find the coverage sufficient. But if you have acne, hyperpigmentation, or major redness, this won't be enough and you'll certainly need some good concealer.

Which brings me to my first major gripe: concealer is impossible to put on over this stuff. It's almost as though the concealer won't "stick." I don't know how that's happening, because this foundation isn't oily or slick at all, but no matter how much concealer I would pile on to a spot, it would just wipe completely away the second I tried to blend it in.

In fact, I would say that putting anything over this is a mistake, as powder did not work well over it, either. The foundation would look smooth enough, but the second powder was added, instant cake-face. This could be remedied with lots of careful blending afterwards, but I don't feel like swiping at my face for 10 minutes just to make powder look decent.

The wear on this is so-so. I have combination-to-oily skin and by the end of the day, there was some definite fading in some spots and caking in others. It wasn't horrible (I've certainly had worse), but don't consider this an all-day-wear sort of foundation if you've got any oil to your skin whatsoever. I'm not a fan of touching up mid-day, so I like my foundations to last a bit longer. As far as sinking into pores, it only did that on the largest of my pores, which is kind of inevitable for me.

It requires a little bit of work to remove, but not as much as Revlon ColorStay, for instance. A double-wash with a cleanser would be sufficient, but a proper remover probably wouldn't be a bad idea. This also did not break me out, which is sort of miraculous as my skin usually does not do well with silicone-containing formulas.

Bottom line: I would say it's worth a try, as it's quite cheap and obviously a lot of people are having success with it. But I would really only recommend it to people with good skin and *normal* skin, who won't feel the need to put a lot of concealer or powder over the top. It seems this does best as an "only child" and doesn't like to play well with others. I won't repurchase as this doesn't suit my needs for coverage, texture, or wear, but I can't blast it too much as I feel like it could be a decent option for others, and I'm still impressed by the color.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by alexdarbyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, to start off this foundation does give you a medium to full coverage all day. it's price is great and it's really worth the couple dollars you pay for it. love it! I put it on at 6 a.m. everyday and when I take it off at 8:30 p.m. it's all still on. definite repurchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Forevermakeupxoxo

This foundation is pretty bad. It doesn't give me any coverage wat so ever. When I apply this it dries out my face terribly (but it might just be me). you get what you pay for so yea it's pretty cheap but bad quality but it does give me a glow and evens up me skin tone. overall, I regretted spending my $6 on this :c

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cavettaj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My goodness I hope I love this stuff as much tomorrow as I do today. I've been looking for a new foundation for a few weeks, buying stuff at CVS and returning it. Yesterday I returned Cover Girl's new Face Lift Effect foundation, which cost $18 and was terrible. I also returned Revlon Colorstay. Just did nothing for me.

In desperation I picked up Wet n' Wild Coverall, which cost less than $4. I decided what I wanted was a no-gimmick foundation that would glide on easily, not make my normal but acne-prone skin feel tight, make my pores appear smoother, and provide medium-full coverage. That's all. If it lasted a few hours looking good, that was all I asked.

This comes in a stand up tube, which I like. I bought the fair-light shade, and I'm usually either the palest or 2nd palest shade of drugstore foundations. This was a good match for me, and right away I knew I liked it. Goes on easily using fingers or a beauty blender, looks seamless but provides buildable coverage. Doesn't look chalky. Doesn't settle in lines too much. I put concealer on top of it for spot coverage, set with pressed powder and blush, and got no patchy look like I did with the Cover Girl and the Colorstay.

Since I'm acne-prone I'm waiting to see if I get any breakouts, but since I'm being religious about my acne regimen I should be o.k. So far, I love this stuff so much and cannot think of a single way it could be improved.

UPDATE: After a week, no breakouts. Looks great every day. I love this stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mimi4603

I tried it on after I went home just to test out the coverage and color. Medium matched me perfectly so I washed it off my face and used an exfoliating scrub. When I woke up the next morning, I had so many breakouts I could not believe it. I have never broken out from makeup before but my entire right side of my face had broken out and there were small bumps on the left side of my face. The coverage is nice but it gets oily in a couple hours. The packaging is the worst when you first open the tube. It got all over the place because the foundation would not stop coming out of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! Fair matches my skin perfectly and I like that it isn't matte, but not overly dewy, either. It just looks like skin. :) I also like that it doesn't contain sunscreen because I like to use a separate mineral SS. I also have CG 3-in-1 and CG cream with Olay (whatever that one is called) in ivory. I like both of them, but like WNW just as much and it is dirt cheap. Once I run out of CG, I will switch over to using WNW only. Packaging-- I like it--sanitary, and easy to get the last drops out (unlike with a pump). It can come out fast, so I do a quick shake/tap to get everything down in the bottom before opening the cap. I'm flying out of town this weekend and won't bring this since I'm not sure what cabin pressure will do to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is gold! I am truly shocked at how much I love this foundation. It is perfect for those days you need a quick, no fuss makeup. It glides right on with your finger tips and set to a powder finish almost immediately. The coverage is medium with one coat but would be heavy, heavy with two. I can't say much for acne issues because I am not acne prone but from other comments it seems this is usually good for sensitive skin. I highly, highly recommend this foundation....only two tiny complaints...the tube will shoot out too much product if you aren't careful and these lean onto the light side. I ordered medium tan and it was ghostly white until it settled in and I put on my Bronzer and so on. That is really a small complaint because I am very tan and I would rather darken than try to lighten a foundation and at least I am highlighted without cream highlighter? Okay I am stretching it but I love this soooo much that I am glad to overlook flaws. And another plus HELLO 3.99!!!

Happy times making up those faces ya'll! ❤️

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Alyssar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this because I saw how much everyone liked it and I just ran out of my normal covergirl foundation so I thought I would give this a shot. It does have good coverage but it doesn't cover EVERYTHING. I also noticed that my skin was breaking out so bad. I have never in my life had a break out from makeup this bad in my life! I have no idea how to fix my face now :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation ever. It covers great, goes on smooth, isn't oily, stays on long, and unlike some people, it doesn't break out my face. I bought this after I ran out of foundation and needed some quick. I grabbed this because it was only three dollars and I've had good luck with Wet 'n' Wild before. I was not disappointed. I have never gone back. It does feel a bit thick sometimes during the summer, so I mix it with a little moisturizer to thin it out, and it still works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

First let me give a list of current foundation I have in my possession . Clinique stay matte, mac face and body, mufe it's the firming one can't remember the name, nars sheer glow,revlon color stay cream and liquid, tarte Amazonian clay foundation, bare minerals original . The24 hour one from Lancôme . might have some more anyway I would have never ever bought this foundation kinda a foundation snob. Buuuuutt saw some post on how great this is and I was in 5below letting my daughter pick out some junk and thought what the hell, it's only 4 dollars can't hurt.
Now let me say I have only used it once and have not been able to tell if it breaks me out. If it does I will update.
I did not use a primer with this I have oily skin in t zone I wanted to see how it held up. Plus it's humid now and foundation has a hard time staying on my face.
I used the Sonia kushak flat multipurpose brush to apply. It went on great one coat only was needed,covered better than any of the above foundations I have mentioned. I have some red marks from past zits. Coved them well. I have slightly uneven skin and this evened it out well. And it lasted and looked great the entire time I had it on. And that's saying a lot for me with my oil slick nose.
Did not settle into fine lines either. Only thing is I bought this in medium tan and that was almost too light but I have a tan now and made it work and the next shade looked orange ((which was the last shade in the color line they had) so wnw could ramp up the color selection .So that is the color I will stick with for now.
Yes, as of right now I would buy again. Will update if break outs happen or if I notice it anything else. Or if I feel like it's doing anything else to my skin.