July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by thegamerglam

This foundation is my new favorite and total HG.
My skin is pretty normal. Even tone, minus a bit of redness on my cheeks and the stubborn darkness around the eyes, with a tendency to get oily in the T-zone.
This foundation is smooth and very creamy and glides on effortlessly. It's a light-medium coverage, but very buildable. It leaves a dewy finish, so if that's not your thing, you may want to use a powder over it. I still add some concealer around my eyes for extra coverage. I powder or blot my nose maybe twice during the entire day. That's about 10-12 hours of pretty flawless coverage.
My only gripe, however, is the underwhelming shade selection. My skin tone is fair-medium and the lightest shade is a pretty perfect match. There's no question that WnW should provide more shades. But if you're lucky enough that one of the limited shade matches your skin tone, this is definitely one to try.
Whenever I wear this foundation, I get many compliments on my SKIN, not my makeup, and it photographs flawlessly. For only a few dollars, this is a fantastic bargain that can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the better foundations that I have ever used, and this includes the high-end ones. The formula doesn't quite cover-all as its name implies, but it does provide excellent coverage that doesn't look heavy or caked on. It went on smoothly and blended well. It has great wear time (disclaimer: I always use a primer). No breakouts. It even played well with my currently flaky, dry skin.

The color range isn't that great though...but I got lucky: the color Fair/Light is a decent match--it's a touich too light. It'll be a perfect winter match and I can warm it up with some powder for the summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I wanted to like this but who was I kidding this was a drugstore product and the cheapest one. It does not have good coverage as the package would imply. It felt very heavy and cakey to attempt to hide my imperfections (acne). The color selection also is not that great, I got the lightest shade 815 Fair and it was still too dark. I guess it's true what they said you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lovenug

I really like this foundation. In the beginning I wasnt so sure about it, but after using it constantly for 2 weeks i must say that I really enjoy it. It doesnt dry out my skin (which is normal/dry skin), it's just a perfect satin finish. The color match is perfect (lightest shade - i'm really pale.) It has a yellow undertone which i like. Good to cover up redness. I would say medium coverage. I mostly need to cover up redness which works well.

It is really cheap too, but the quality is nice. It has kind of a weird smell, but I'm willing to look past that. I don't like the packaging THAT much, i wish it had a pump. This can be pretty messy when you try to get some product out.

Would repurchase when i run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by JustHere14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So at first, I thought this was going to be my go to foundation. But after a couple weeks (though I don't wear it every day) this product began to smell AWFUL! Seriously, it reeks like urine. So naturally, I've stopped using it.

But before that, I didn't notice that good of coverage at all (note: I hardly EVER see coverage no matter what I try) so that wasn't surprising but I've also found that it doesn't blend very well at all either.

Basically, if you want a urine smell on your face, buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

I've heard good reviews about this foundation, so I decided to try it. I just got it 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving it a lot so far! It has a nice consistency to it, as it says cream. The coverage is a nice medium and a bit build-able. The squeeze tube isn't that bad, but it gets messy, so I set mine upside down before using. I do have oily skin, and it does NOT last me all day, even when using the powder along with it. I have the shade medium because medium/tan wasn't available at my local Rite Aid. It does have a pink undertone unfortunately because my skin;s kinda yellowish. I'm not sure if this broke me out because I've had a couple pimples, but I was also on my monthly cycle too...

Overall good product, I would recommend this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and a lot of redness on my cheeks/chin. Very cheap and found a shade the was a pretty good match, but I won't repurchase for the following reasons: This foundation doesn't provide enough coverage, I can still see the redness peeking through. Within a couple of hours after application, it seems to disappear and it streaks on my skin. I will go back to EL Doublewear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I really wish this had been a foundation that worked for me. I just found this product to be disappointing in all areas but the price and packaging
Pros:
the price
packaging

Cons:
Turned my pasty irish skin orange
Did not cover my acne scars and redness

Will definitely never ever repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my doubts about this product's quality since it's probably the cheapest foundation I've ever seen in the market, at no more than $4 for 1oz of product--cheaper than any Rimmel foundations! But there are so many wet 'n' wild products that I love, and with such a low price-point, there was hardly a risk. And this one was definitely worth risking.

At first sight, the packaging design sits somewhere between cheap and high-end, since it's so simplified. The shades are a little tricky to choose from just by looking at the tube as well, as they all look barely look a shade lighter or darker from each other, all in the medium skin-tone range--no pale shades, no deep shades.

I have roughly an NC25-NC30 shade match in MAC's SFF, and found that the best match from wet 'n' wild Coverall Cream Foundation was 820 Medium/Tan, which is typically a shade name much darker than the typical foundations I would be suited for (light/medium). Luckily, this shade 820 Medium/Tan suited my yellow undertone well! The formula is actually lightweight and a little jelly-like rather than thick and creamy, and offers medium coverage. Not quite full-coverage like the name implies, but since the color sheers out a little, it looks natural and it's a little buildable after letting a layer dry. And it's easy to blend.

The foundation takes a little while to dry since it's quite moist, and offers no shine control even after it sets. Unless you like a radiant/dewy look, which I don't so much because my T-zone gets oily in about 3 hours of wearing this alone, the complementing Coverall Pressed Powder works great to both set the foundation, control the shine for 5 to 6 hours, and boost coverage. And the powder is about $2 or $3.

However, I find that shade-wise the pressed powder and the cream foundation shades don't seem to correlate; I found that the Pressed Powder 825B Medium was better with the Cream Foundation 820 Medium/Tan instead of Medium. But with two close-matching shades together, they're extremely affordable and work really well. With powder, I have to blot my face with oil sheets by the 6th hour. Without it, I have to blot at 3 hours. Doesn't last a full working day, but for the price, 6 hours of stretched shine control is pretty good on oily skin! And the foundation's coverage does last me until I get home from work, which is about 12 hours of wear time since applying. Nice.

Not a huge issue that I have with this foundation, but it's confusing: the web site states that this foundation contains SPF. Nowhere on the actual squeeze tube does it say that it contains SPF, and it doesn't smell like it does. To be safe, I always wear moisturizer with SPF underneath the foundation to ensure that I have sun protection.

The biggest qualm that I have with this foundation is in its packaging. I typically store the tube up-side-down (dispenser up) because the dispenser tip is a very wide hole that product just leaks out (worst case scenario: gushes out!) of if stored right-side-up. Amount of product is really hard to control when the tube is full, but it's less hassle as more product gets used. Less pressure, I suppose. But it was a pain in the beginning, as a lot of product got wasted this way.

Overall though, this was definitely worth trying out. I have used other foundations that I prefer better although they are higher-priced, but for those who are on a strict and tight budget, I highly recommend giving this foundation a try alongside its pressed powder partner, for about $5 together. Best-valued face combo for the quality.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Kellychancee

I don't have very much good to say about this foundation, other than the price. I guess you get what you pay for. Starting with the packaging, the opening is a very wide tube concept which makes it hard to control the amount of product you get out of it. The consistency is extremely thick which makes it really hard to blend and it ends up looking really cakey. Left me oily even with a setting powder after a few hours.