Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

4.1

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

Had to try based on the reviews here. I tried a few different ways to apply it and I just don't care for it. I like cream based makeup, but this goes on like a cream then converts to a too flat, matte and drying finish on myself, especially around my eyes. It reminded me of when I tried colorstay. If you like color stay, this would probably be a good substitute for you to try. I just like and want simplicity, so I didn't adjust my moisturizer or add this or that to try and make it work. Just using minerals and/or a decent bb cream with spf and like to try all-in-one products. I'm glad it works well for so many others though! The price is so affordable.

on 9/10/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really great inexpensive foundation! It reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation... however it is $3. As someone who does not wear foundation most days, just special occasions or when my skin sucks, I was really glad to find something so inexpensive since I knew I would not use it very often.

Like the LM silk creme it is full coverage... and not always the most natural looking for daytime. This is the kind of foundation that will cover most everything with one tiny pump and look great in pictures, yes... but it is also the type of foundation that will rub off on clothes or your phone, and that will be noticed in natural lighting. But personally I don't think that can be avoided when you want a full coverage.

So long story short, for a full coverage special occasion makeup its great, but it is way too heavy for me to wear on a frequent basis.

on 9/10/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the lightest shade, "Fair". It is a good match for my skin. (I'm about NW10-15ish) It applies easily, looks better with fingers vs brush, didn't try with sponge. I did not break out using this. The texture was creamy and it doesn't have a lasting smell. Lightweight. I have oily skin and this made me super shiny by the 2 hour mark. I'm giving it 4 stars because it would be a great foundation for someone with less oily skin.

(NC25 for reference, and I got this in Medium/Tan which is a perfect match <3)

OH MY GOSH WHY DIDN'T I TRY THIS SOONER.
THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST FOUNDATIONS IN DRUGSTORE HISTORY AND PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO JUST PUT UP A GIANT NEON SIGN TO SING ITS PRAISES.
AND CAN WE JUST LOOK AT THAT PRICE TAG HALLELUJAH I PAID $4.49 AND FOR A NYC DRUGSTORE THAT IS AN AMAZING PRICE.

Anyway, I picked this up today and I'm loving it!

WHEN I OPENED IT I WAS JUST LIKE HOLY SMOKES BATMAN THIS IS THICK
but what else was I expecting from a cream foundation get it together Gabi

I wasn't sure about buying this because I really only like Wet 'n Wild for their eyeshadows and blushes, but after reading countless reviews on MUA and watching demos on Youtube, I just had to try it, especially as I'm running out of my HG foundation, Revlon Nearly Naked (I wear 160, Fresh Beige, which is just a TAD too pink, but I'll probably just add yellow food coloring when I'm not too lazy). I put it on using a damp makeup sponge--I don't own the beauty blender, so I just used a cheap $3 Duane Reade sponge--and it looked AH-MAZING.

Using the sponge gives it more of a natural look, but still with pretty good coverage, which I prefer since it really looks like my skin and not like I caked on fifty gazillion pounds of makeup (made that mistake with the CoverGirl 3-in-1 foundation, and all I needed was some frosting and sprinkles. *shudder*). It's got this nice satin to matte finish that I really like, but I'm not sure if this has SPF in it. It didn't give me flashback though, so I'd recommend definitely using a moisturizer with SPF prior to putting this on.

However, I have dehydrated skin, and I found that building this up CAN make this look cakey, 'cause it's a medium to full coverage foundation, so I don't think I should powder my face until I REALLY freaking need it which is later on in the day when it's warmer. I did use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent after I first applied it, and it looks way cakier than I want, so that isn't the best thing but IT BLENDS SO NICELY GUYS!!

Oh yeah, this isn't waterproof at all. Buyers beware.

But honestly for more of an everyday foundation routine, I'd probably just use this to cover up and redness and dark circles, and it's nice for concealing the veins on my eyes. I don't think this is light enough for me to wear ALL over my face, but it's nice for days I need a little extra coverage. c:

on 8/26/2014 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this more. I had accidentally picked up the wrong shade of the foundation I was currently using (and had been using for about 5 years) and when I went back to return it and exchange it, they were out of the shade I needed. I decided it was a good opportunity to try a new foundation, something I'd been wanting to do as I felt that my current foundation (a powder) made my skin too flaky. I went here on MA and looked up "best foundations for dry skin" and came across this product. At less than $4, it was too good to pass up.

After a week of using it, I've decided that I'm not sure if my skin is considered "dry". It's actually kind of oily in the typical areas with dry patches on top, which is not helpful. I applied this makeup around 8 a.m. and by 2 p.m. or so, I was starting to get major shine between my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose. (Every day has been 95+ degrees though, I must mention.) However, I thought the coverage was good overall - so for someone with truly dry skin, I bet this makeup will work well for you. Good luck!

on 8/25/2014 11:35:00 PM

i love this foundation but the packaging is aweful it leaks so i store it upside down perfect color for me the shade light

on 8/17/2014 5:09:00 AM

I LOVE IT!!! I was looking to upgrade my makeup for some upcoming photo shoots. Little did I know that I could upgrade and spend less money! This foundation goes on smooth and stays on! My skin looks so healthy!

on 8/7/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff blends like a dream with a kabuki brush and has really nice coverage. I set it with MUFE Duo Mat and I've noticed it holds up really well all day. Like everyone else, I can't stand the product waste as a result of awful packaging, but I'm willing to overlook that flaw, because it is after all only $4.99 where I live.

on 8/4/2014 4:39:00 PM

a good foundation, i love the coverage but to matte for my likeing and dry skin. but i eill definetly keep using. great quality and texture. but the tube opening is to messy.

on 8/4/2014 1:50:00 AM

This is another HG drugstore product for me. I was going through a phase where I couldn't find a foundation at any price point that worked. I just hit my mid thirties and have been trying to adjust to my new, ahem, not so youthful skin. It's was tough figuring out that products that worked for me even just a couple of years ago just weren't going to cut it anymore. I stupidly spent a fortune on high end foundations and quickly realized that just because it was expensive didn't mean it was neccessarily better. Then I went through a boat load of drugstore foundations and was settling for some not so great stuff. I kept seeing this stuff mentioned different places online and when I spotted it in the store for three bucks and change one day I decided to give it a shot. Honestly I expected it to really suck.

Well I noticed three things immediately upon wearing this foundation. The first was that it smelled like something that should not be slathered onto my face. I couldn't quite place the smell but when I had my husband smell it he said it reminded him of an adhesive we used at a factory we worked at when we were young. Yikes! Whatever though I can get over a smell if it works.
The second thing I noticed was that it made my sensitive eyes sting, burn, and water. I wasn't putting it close to my eyes but it still bothered them quite a lot. So far two strikes against it.

However once I could get a closer look at myself through my burning eyes I noticed a miracle. The pores on my nose that had begun to look like canyons since I'd reached my thirties were WAY less noticeable. I seriously could not believe it. This foundation just seemed to cover everything I needed to cover without settling into areas where it shouldn't be. I will say that in some areas of my face that are very red or where I have dark spots I used a second coat but I didn't have to use a lot all in all. So the third thing was that this stuff is freaking amazing. It was doing what products that cost more that ten times the amount couldn't do.

Even though it smells like toxic waste and made my eyeballs burn I kept on wearing it because it just plain looked good. Luckily about a week into it my eye problem just stopped. It just doesn't irritate my eyes at all anymore. I don't know if it's possible for a person to just get used to something? It seems weird but it really did stop. Of course it still stinks but that is REALLY low on my list of things to give a crap about when it comes to foundation. If it was sixty bucks and looked bad I might complain about the smell.

The one and only complaint I have is the hole that the foundation comes out of. The hole is just too darn big causing a lot of waste. I do love the tube it comes in though because when it's almost empty I can cut that baby open and get even more out.

I plan on buying this over and over again. I just can't believe how much money I wasted when this gem was right there all along. I say give it a try, you just might be shocked.