December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*update* still absolutely loving coverall. Main reasons, great coverage, light feel, perfect match , no breakouts. Only downside, it's a wild goose chase to find it stocked and if I do the lovely customers before me always decide to test it out in store then put it back.

I am truly amazed, stunned really. I love me some drugstore makeup, but foundation I usually buy HE because it has just preformed better for me. I came across the reviews for wet n wild cover all and was really intrigued buy the good reviews. So with the $3.99 price tag at k-mart I could experiment. The shade range is anything but great. I ended up picking up medium, strangely medium/tan looked to be lighter in the tube in store? So medium it was. Heres the great part, it matched perfectly.
My goodness is this stuff great. If they were to put this formula in a fancy packaging and sell it for a hefty price it would be a top HE seller.
I prefer mineral foundation because it's lightweight and gives me a more natural look. So to my surprise I really ended up loving this stuff.
On the skin :it feels smooth to touch and light.
Application: I used my fingers on one side and a flat foundation brush on the other. Both sides looked great.
Coverage: I would say this Is medium coverage, but easily layers for more.
Wear: currently wearing and just finished running up the steepest hill you've ever seen in 90 degree weather, still put. I would suggest wearing powder over top to extend wear time but with just the foundation alone I can get a full days wear with minimal touch up.
Faintly smells like acrylic paint but disburses quickly.
All in all this is a great foundation, and add it under $5 bucks good golly Molly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is probably one of my most favorite foundations, ever!!! This foundation has mastered all of my needs in a foundation that I am looking for and even better that its from WNW which means its affordable & CRUELTY FREE makeup. Which, to me, is a really BIG plus. I have used almost one full tube so it's about time to add my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wet-n-Wild products can be found in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid as well as mass discount stores like KMart and Walmart. (i have yet to see a Target carry this line) Also, I have noticed 5 Below & Dollar General carrying various products from them as well. (I am so glad to see this brand popping up in more places) Wet-n-Wild is def one of the most affordable brands at the drugstore since I can remember. I know there is ELF but generally speaking, WNW has remained true to cheap makeup but have reformulated & updated their products in to the best products out there. Coverall Cream Foundation generally is priced around $4-5 depending on location, sales, discounts and or coupons. WNW does put out coupons sparingly so I always snatch up something if I can find a coupon. I purchased mine at Walmart for $3.97 (with a $1 off coupon attached to it) For the product inside, Id pay alot more but this is a very affordable foundation that I can purchase over & over w/out hesitation or feeling guilty.
~~~~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~~
WNW Coverall Cream Foundation has one of the best formulas out there! Well, for me at least. I have very pale cool tones, normal to dry skin and some occasional breakouts, even more now being pregnant for the first time. I find my skin being more finicky w/ products so I am more cautious now. So I have always had a hard time finding a fndt that was super light in cool tones. At first I could only find the shade Light which is by far too dark & warm/orange toned. So I was super excited that my Walmart had the shade Fair since its alot lighter & cooler in tone. So I finally snatched it up & tried it out. The formula is a nice thick cream. I squeeze a pea size amount and dot it all over & either use a damp sponge or a flat top buffer brush to buff it out. Being a thicker formula, it will need to be blended out in a timely manner or it may dry sooner than those more wet formulas. I like to work in more problematic areas first. This covers almost ALL of my flaws from redness, blemishes, dark purple undereyes, uneveness, viening, & sun spots. Being a super pale girl, all of these problems are exasperated and everything shows through more prominently than those w/more tan skin. The coverage is medium and can be built up. I find it covers almost 80% of all my problems. Only need a little bit of concealer around my under eye areas. You can also layer this for a bit more coverage as well to make a more full coverage foundation. I have never found fndt that had such great coverage that didn't feel or look like a mask. These does not emphasize my pores (even on my nose & cheek areas) nor does it cling or draw attention to more drier areas around my nose & chin area. This blends very nicely and easily. I find w/ thicker formulas, I always use my homemade Fix + to spray on my face or brush to help w/ blending for a natural finish. This does not leave a dewy or matte finish. Its a natural satin finish which is nice so we can decide to add powder or highlight to add dimension. This also stays put for 8+ hrs for me. I do wear a primer (Monistat, Elf or a d/s BB cream) This wears nice throughout my day w/ no noticable fading, creasing or transfering. Once it is set, it stays looking fresh all day. It def makes me look healthy & put together. I cannot ask for more out of a foundation. I think this will work for most skin types. I do set my tzone just for days I'll be working longer & find it helps with any shiny spots at the end of a long day.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~
WNW Coverall Cream Foundation comes in a nice convienent flexible/squeezable tube. Includes standard 1 fl oz of product. The packaging is clear/see through so its easy to see the shade to determine which may work for you. There is black logo/labeling. There is a decent size hole to allow enough product to come out when squeezed. I know some have had issues w/ the fndt spilling or flying out of the tube. I suggest tapping upside down before opening. Storing upside will help to. The lid twist/snaps shut to help keep product from drying out. I noticed as long as I kept the air out of the tube before shutting it, I do not have any problems. There will be some product that will build up around the opening then transfer to lid but this happens with all of my fndts even my pumps too. I think this is a great travel friendly, storage friendly tube that I find works great. No bulky hard glass over excessive packaging. Basic, simple & practical. Just be careful so you do not lose or waste product with any air getting into the tube & it will be just fine. I am able to squeeze out a tiny bit at a time. W/ a thick formula like this, its actually is good packaging. It works. Thats all I care about. It doesn't look so bad either.
Overall, this is probably my Holy Grail of makeup products so far this year. As I write, I think, yep this is an amazing product. It almost defeats the purpose of my other foundations that I have to combine to get them to work. Its amazing quality for such a cheap price. I love WNW, i am always excited to see what they release next! They are hands down the best, just quit releasing LE stuff (haha i just cannot ever access them)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very fair, neutral-warm and bought the shade Fair. I had read in a previous review or two that this shade was cooler toned. I would have to disagree, as I've looked at my face in various lighting and never see any pink- which is fine by me! I've noticed this does tend to set pretty quickly, so I find it harder to blend than many do, apparently. I'm still working to find the best way to apply this. But I do like that it doesn't feel sticky like my previous foundation, but t doesn't look dry or flat like I picture a matte foundation to be. I have normal skin in the summer (dry in the winter) and this gives light to medium buildable coverage with a natural finish. I can layer concealer on top and set with the Coverall powder with no cakiness or emphasis on fine lines. Exactly what I wanted. The price can't be beat either! The only con is the packaging. Beware when you first remove the foil seal from a new bottle. Mine instantly started blobbing out and I was in a panic trying to catch it before it went everywhere. I haven't had any trouble since, but I always try to turn it right side up for a bit before I open it. I know it was only $3 but I still don't want to waste it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by barbararoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I have been spending a fortune trying to find a foundation that will stay on my extremely oily skin without emphasizing the wrinkles and large pores and cannot believe I have found one that can do it for $3! It goes on smooth and creamy, stays matte better than anything else I have tried, and stays on all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Rosiethevegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it but hate the packaging and it gets caky

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh be still my beating heart! A $4 tube of perfection for my incredibly difficult-to-work-with skin!

I selected 816 (the fair/light shade) because it seemed to look good on the swatch. I do all of my personal shopping online so as you might imagine I've been faced in the past with the conundrum of "Well...okay...looks nice on the photo...but it's...it's...$55 for foundation that might not even work for me". So I did what any other hermitty make-up addict does, and ordered it from A Big Book Seller sight unseen.

I'm 40-something, and I'm a "cool" skin tone. My skin is very blotchy (red patches), but also incredibly dry and prone to flaking. Baby oil is my friend, and I cleanse with good old Pond's, and freshly laundered face cloths (it works - trust me!).

On to the foundation then. The shade was darn near perfect. I did my usual routine, including primer and SPF, and then set to work with a daub of the foundation on one hand, read to go with my good old foundation brush. Short sweet little strokes is how I do it.

But this is the real miracle. It is so creamy, so wonderfully easy to blend that it actually takes very little blending at all. This means you use less trying to cover bits where the original application missed.

I would absolutely recommend this to everyone. I've gone out and bought 2 more for my adult girls (Mummy is fab because she buys us make-up)

The only possible negative I can think of doesn't apply to me anyway - but I think it's worth mentioning that if you're a darker skinned lady, you're probably going to find the variety of shades is sadly lacking in what you need.

Still, this is perhaps the most perfect foundation for me that I've used since I was an oompa-loompa orange-skin-specialist in high school.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I bought this after hearing all the raves. Before I get into the negatives (and I have plenty), I want to commend Wet 'n Wild for thinking of the pale folk when making this foundation. (I have the color "Fair.") I have never, ever been able to find a drugstore foundation pale enough for me, but this is actually a decent match. I could do with it being slightly less pink, but overall, if you're very fair like me and have a difficult time finding something anywhere in your color ballpark in drugstores, check this out. Other drugstore brands: take notes from WnW. We *do* notice when someone makes a "fair" product that doesn't translate to "oompa loompa orange" on the skin.

Quick notes: The formula is pretty thick; it reminds me a little bit of Revlon's ColorStay. It spreads smoothly, though; the texture is actually quite nice once you begin to blend. It's not especially dry or especially oily, and it feels like it absorbs well. There is a slight paint-like smell fresh out of the tube, but it dissipates quickly. It leaves a matte finish with no dewiness at all.

Now that's out of the way... I don't find this "full coverage." I would say with some layering, this is medium coverage at best. If you have good skin, you'll probably find the coverage sufficient. But if you have acne, hyperpigmentation, or major redness, this won't be enough and you'll certainly need some good concealer.

Which brings me to my first major gripe: concealer is impossible to put on over this stuff. It's almost as though the concealer won't "stick." I don't know how that's happening, because this foundation isn't oily or slick at all, but no matter how much concealer I would pile on to a spot, it would just wipe completely away the second I tried to blend it in.

In fact, I would say that putting anything over this is a mistake, as powder did not work well over it, either. The foundation would look smooth enough, but the second powder was added, instant cake-face. This could be remedied with lots of careful blending afterwards, but I don't feel like swiping at my face for 10 minutes just to make powder look decent.

The wear on this is so-so. I have combination-to-oily skin and by the end of the day, there was some definite fading in some spots and caking in others. It wasn't horrible (I've certainly had worse), but don't consider this an all-day-wear sort of foundation if you've got any oil to your skin whatsoever. I'm not a fan of touching up mid-day, so I like my foundations to last a bit longer. As far as sinking into pores, it only did that on the largest of my pores, which is kind of inevitable for me.

It requires a little bit of work to remove, but not as much as Revlon ColorStay, for instance. A double-wash with a cleanser would be sufficient, but a proper remover probably wouldn't be a bad idea. This also did not break me out, which is sort of miraculous as my skin usually does not do well with silicone-containing formulas.

Bottom line: I would say it's worth a try, as it's quite cheap and obviously a lot of people are having success with it. But I would really only recommend it to people with good skin and *normal* skin, who won't feel the need to put a lot of concealer or powder over the top. It seems this does best as an "only child" and doesn't like to play well with others. I won't repurchase as this doesn't suit my needs for coverage, texture, or wear, but I can't blast it too much as I feel like it could be a decent option for others, and I'm still impressed by the color.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by alexdarbyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, to start off this foundation does give you a medium to full coverage all day. it's price is great and it's really worth the couple dollars you pay for it. love it! I put it on at 6 a.m. everyday and when I take it off at 8:30 p.m. it's all still on. definite repurchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Forevermakeupxoxo

This foundation is pretty bad. It doesn't give me any coverage wat so ever. When I apply this it dries out my face terribly (but it might just be me). you get what you pay for so yea it's pretty cheap but bad quality but it does give me a glow and evens up me skin tone. overall, I regretted spending my $6 on this :c

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cavettaj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My goodness I hope I love this stuff as much tomorrow as I do today. I've been looking for a new foundation for a few weeks, buying stuff at CVS and returning it. Yesterday I returned Cover Girl's new Face Lift Effect foundation, which cost $18 and was terrible. I also returned Revlon Colorstay. Just did nothing for me.

In desperation I picked up Wet n' Wild Coverall, which cost less than $4. I decided what I wanted was a no-gimmick foundation that would glide on easily, not make my normal but acne-prone skin feel tight, make my pores appear smoother, and provide medium-full coverage. That's all. If it lasted a few hours looking good, that was all I asked.

This comes in a stand up tube, which I like. I bought the fair-light shade, and I'm usually either the palest or 2nd palest shade of drugstore foundations. This was a good match for me, and right away I knew I liked it. Goes on easily using fingers or a beauty blender, looks seamless but provides buildable coverage. Doesn't look chalky. Doesn't settle in lines too much. I put concealer on top of it for spot coverage, set with pressed powder and blush, and got no patchy look like I did with the Cover Girl and the Colorstay.

Since I'm acne-prone I'm waiting to see if I get any breakouts, but since I'm being religious about my acne regimen I should be o.k. So far, I love this stuff so much and cannot think of a single way it could be improved.

UPDATE: After a week, no breakouts. Looks great every day. I love this stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No