October 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been regularly using the Garnier BB cream, which is a decent product but does not have all of the benefits I was looking for in a BB cream - it is more of a tinted moisturizer. I'm normally willing to pay a little more for skin products but I just could not find one that I liked enough to justify the price. A couple of months ago, I took a gamble and purchased the Lumene BB cream based on some online research. It has more skincare benefits than the Garnier BB cream, and the SPF is a little bit higher - both are pluses for me.

It's only a few dollars more than the Garnier BB cream. I think I bought this for $15, while the Garnier one is more like $12. It's a little more than the average drugstore product, but still a reasonable price. The packaging is simple and chic. So far, it's been easy to get the product out.

The consistancy is creamy and easy to spread and blend, which is what I liked about the Garnier BB cream. However, unlike the Garnier one, this one does not leave me greasy. It's been cold and dry the entire time I've been using it, though, so we'll see how it works in the summer.

It does brighten and even out my skin tone. It provides really good coverage without looking like I am wearing anything. I have a small breakout right now that is completely camouflaged without any other foundation or concealer. It's not enough to hide my dark circles but I need the heavy duty ish for that anyway.

It doesn't work like a primer in the sense that makeup will stick to it, and it does tend to fade a bit during the day, but I've started layering my Bobbi Brown vitamin rich face base - which is a moisturizer and primer in one- under the bb cream for a little extra moisture and staying power and it is perfect.

I am giving this product a 5 because it is the best bb cream I have tried in any price range - it's even more awesome that I can get the best at the drugstore at a great price. It delivers on all of its claims and I am really happy with the results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the best BB cream on the market. I'm fair and got this in light and the color is perfect. I use it mainly for non foundation days like hiking or running errands and I feel confident that my imperfections are covered without wearing anything heavy. It keep my skin feeling soft and moisturized during the day too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me too!
I love this stuff. I have tried several BB creams, and this one is the best. Dr.Jart spf 46 is too opaque and pink, and I have pink undertones. Revlon is a pretty good color-match for me, but the metallic spf look needs powder. Maybelline BB is terribly sheer, and theirs has a metallic shine too. I never purchased some of the others that I tried on at the mall. Most of them were too yellow or orange for me.
EDIT: realized that the spf is not broad spectrum.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most favorite favorite favorite BB cream ever!!! I dont even use foundation anymore because this does the job. Its brightens up my face and give me a fresh flawless look. I put this on my face then add some blush and I'm ready to go. Bought 5 of these in Medium for $3.99 each at Walgreens :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this BB cream really does live up to the hype. It is the first foundation/BB cream that didn’t collect in the large pores around my nose or emphasize fine lines. My face looks dewy, even-toned, and air brushed, yet I do not look like I’m made out of plastic. The price is shocking—$15 for 1.7 oz—and sometimes one can find it on sale. It’s fantastic. Well, almost. This would be the best product on the market if two improvements were made:

1) Extend the shade range to accommodate lighter and darker completions.
2) Add mineral-based sun protection. Currently the only active sun protection ingredient is octinoxate, a UVB blocker. I’m not sure if this is a good idea considering all of the vitamin C in the formula.

I will repurchase this product, however I must admit that I mix this with Clinique CC cream (very light) to adjust the shade and add UVA protection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Pinki

This is offically my HG. I can't believe that a drugstore product can be this perfect! It blows everything from CdP to MAC out of the water! I am a C5/NC42(ish) Indian gal with slight hyper pigmentation and a tendancy to get clogged pores when I do anything. The Revlon Whipped Colorstay/Shiseido brush combo looked great when I had more severe outbreaks, but for day to day now (thanks to Jan Marini) my skin has cleared up-this is marvelous! It is a little more coverage than your normal TM, so you might have to blend it in more, but Medium works great for me (probably not so much in summer) and it stays flawless throughout my very oily day! Feels light, doesnt emphasize pores or dryness or get shiney and fall of my oily parts. Looks like skin, not makeup and no clogged pores, in fact-my skin feels great! This had better not be DCed or I will be that obsessed lady on eBay buying up every single tube of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

I am really impressed with this product. I have tried a few BB creams and this by far has to be my favorite. It tops my Garnier BB Cream for combination skin which I had been using up until now. It has good coverage. The color light is a bit to light for me but with blending it works just fine. I thought medium would be too dark. It is a bit thicker and requires more blending but once it sets in it looks very natural. It gives my skin a very smooth finish as well. On days I dont want to wear much makeup I feel ok just wearing this alone. I have combo skin and this does not make my skin oily at all. I have been using this for a couple weeks now and really liking this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MollyAnderson88

Great product!! but Lumene, please make this in a lighter color as well! The lighter shade is as many others in here have said, just a bit dark for my skin tone in the wintertime. And I live in Scandinavia so it is a lot of winter here! Except for the limited color range, I am in love love love with this BB cream! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticksnroses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start of by saying that I was very, very skeptical about this product. I got a tester and I tried it out just for fun. And oh my gosh. It blew me away. This bb feels like heaven on my skin. It has a dewy, radiant texture and it blends in very well, even though it might feel kind of stiff. It has medium coverage that covers my dark under eyes and acne scars. The fact that Lumene is a finnish brand guarantees that it really does moisturize your skin. Up here we really need it... I'm on accutane, I live in cold environment and I have naturally very dry skin. And yet, this product DOES NOT FLAKE. It actually makes my skin look even more healthier. It's like a miracle. Seriously. If you have an oily skin and you're looking for bb that has a light and powdery texture, this is not for you. It also has a relatively strong scent so if your skin is super sensitive, you may want to be careful. But otherwise, you have found your best friend. Works for combination, normal and dry skin. Some people have reported that this bb oxidizes on their skin but from my personal experience I can tell it only happens if your skin is in bad condition... And in terms of the color range, I'm glad to see they have upgraded it: 00 fair (MAC 15-20), 01 light (MAC 20-25) and 02 medium (MAC 30-40?). I'm NW20 and I use the light one, and it's right on the edge of being too dark. Well, I get along with it. The price is pretty high for a drugstore bb (About 15 USD in USA and 25 USD in Finland. How unfair is that?!) but keep in mind, that the tube is 50ml (1.69 fl. oz), not 30ml (1fl. oz). Overall, it's so far the best bb I've ever tried. Right now I'm actually proud to be finnish (and that says a lot).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. It is perfect for my dry, aging skin. Its lightweight but covers everything I need covered and does not end up in a dry, flaky, scaly mess. It feels silky going on and it lasts all day.