Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

As others have said, the lightest shade ("light") isn't all that light. It has an orange tint to it, and as a pale girl it's glaringly obvious (to me, at least!). It's really a shame because this BB cream applies like a dream and has that wonderful smooth, somewhat dewy finish that I've been trying to achieve for so long with other liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers. I've been mixing it with a lighter foundation because I really can't bear to part with it; it makes my skin look so fresh and healthy. If you've got olive skin/yellow undertones or are somewhat tan, the lightest shade will probably work great for you.

on 3/30/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is absolutely fantastic! I've used this for a year and my skin really likes it, even though I suffer from acne . However, the dewiness is too much for me since I have oily skin. I have to use a powder after applying Lumene bb cream

The consistency is on the runny side, but it gives a good cover and doesn't leave a cakey finish. It glides smoothly and effortlessly on the skin. Smells of citrus and a bit chalky...
One negative thing about this product is the color. I'm using the light one and I find the color to be too orange. It's most noticable under sunlight.

But in general, this is the best bb cream I've ever tested.Even better than the asian ones!

on 3/29/2014 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This has lovely coverage and dewey finish. It evened out my skin tone nicely. Unfortunately, I think the light is a bit too dark for my winter pale skin. I think it would fit nicely in the summer though I don't know how well it will hold up to the heat. SPF could be higher but for the drugstore price (about $15) it seems average. I will repurchase if Lumene brings their lightest shade stateside.

on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If only the light version were truly light, then I think this would work for more people. The light is really more medium than most BB creams and foundations. Maybe the natural ingredients cause it to darken in the tube. I was so surprised that this blends in like a dream and sets without being too matte or dewy. It just looks like good skin. I also like that you get more than a standard ounce for the price. I don't notice much of a scent or spf type smell, and it does give a good amount of moisture. The light matches MAC NW 25 at the lightest. Anyone 15-20 will find it too dark.

on 3/22/2014 1:54:00 PM

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me. I got this in Light and the color worked on me. I did notice that my skin looked brighter after using this. But I think it's been clogging my pores and giving me little zits all over. :( I've been using this for 4 days and I've been getting little whiteheads every day. I was really hoping that this would work for me since everyone else claimed that it didn't cause breakouts for them but it's just not worth it since I'm already struggling with an acne problem. It also made my skin oilier than normal so I don't think my skin meshes well with this product. (Sigh). The search continues.

on 3/17/2014 9:40:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff. My skin looks flawless and well hydrated. The best BB cream ever!

on 3/14/2014 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another rave review here! I have dry, fair cool toned skin and the lightest shade works well for me. I love the coverage and the cream is very hydrating on my skin. The cream does not oxidize throughout the day.

on 3/2/2014 1:49:00 PM

Hands down, this is the best BB cream on the market. I'm fair and got this in light and the color is perfect. I use it mainly for non foundation days like hiking or running errands and I feel confident that my imperfections are covered without wearing anything heavy. It keep my skin feeling soft and moisturized during the day too.

on 2/28/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Me too!
I love this stuff. I have tried several BB creams, and this one is the best. Dr.Jart spf 46 is too opaque and pink, and I have pink undertones. Revlon is a pretty good color-match for me, but the metallic spf look needs powder. Maybelline BB is terribly sheer, and theirs has a metallic shine too. I never purchased some of the others that I tried on at the mall. Most of them were too yellow or orange for me.
EDIT: realized that the spf is not broad spectrum.

on 2/27/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my most favorite favorite favorite BB cream ever!!! I dont even use foundation anymore because this does the job. Its brightens up my face and give me a fresh flawless look. I put this on my face then add some blush and I'm ready to go. Bought 5 of these in Medium for $3.99 each at Walgreens :)