This had too much sparkle in it for me. I usually use Mac blot powder and wanted to branch out and try something else and since I love nars i figured why not. The packaging is very nice but once it catches the powder or other loose products it clings to the packaging and makes it look dirty. However the case never looks scratched up because it isn't plastic so that's a plus. It's stark white and doesn't transfer that color to my face no matter how much I packed on. If it didn't have the sparkle in it I totally would have been in love but it had to go back
This powder is great. Doesn't look cakey at all and hides pores pretty well. I do not see the "light reflecting" effects.
However, I returned it. I just can't justify the price when my $3 NYC loose powder is (almost) just as good. I am willing to deal with a little less quality for literally 1/10 of the price.
If you're willing to spend, this is the powder for you.
I had this is loose, translucent.
I do really like love product. It holds makeup all day while giving an almost airbrushed look like everyone else on makeupalley is saying. Gives you a beautiful glow while almost disguising the fact that your wearing foundation? It's hard to explain but it's wonderful. The only thing I was hoping was it would also act as a highlighter but it doesn't. I would for sure buy this again if I ran out!
It's Keerstin on You Tube made me buy this product. I had received a $15.00 off $50.00 E mail coupon from Sephora, so I decided I (cough, cough) needed this. I have tried the Tarte, MU Forever HD, The MAC Powder, Ben Nye, ELF...and they were all OK, but most left too much of a white cast, plus in photos it can look ghostly. I think this powder is the best of all the ones I've tried. It is so silky, you just need a small amount and it feels like a feather, and poof-- your skin is so smooth and it's just perfection-!!! Perfection, I tell you! I also like the oil control, better than any other powders I have used. Plus this does not look dry of feel dry on your face. I love this and I will purchase over and over!
I am newly obsessed with this stuff!!! I usually don't powder my face at all since I have dry skin but I decided to try this for special occasions after reading the reviews. I was a little skeptical but wow, I'm so impressed! It's like this powder gives you soft focus lighting, or an instant skin filter-I'm lucky to have pretty perfect skin already, but this stuff makes it look really flawless. No shimmer or glitter at all, and no whiteness in photos as others have mentioned. I do wish I'd read about keeping the sticker on before I ripped the whole thing off, but I do really like the packaging otherwise. It looks classy on my sink. Wish it weren't so expensive, but I really do think it's worth it!
I have the loose version of this powder.
I love the look this gives my skin. A softened, velvet look that is neither overly matte nor overly shimmery. There are very small shimmer particles in this powder, but they aren't visible, even in flash photography (unless you're using way too much!) It doesn't exacerbate the look of my dry patches, and it also does a decent job of controlling shine. My skin is normal though, of you have very oily skin it may not be enough.
This powder gives a nice diffused look to my skin, even if I'm not wearing any other makeup underneath it. It won't hide flaws (it is translucent, after all), but it makes pores and lines look much less noticeable. I find that it looks a lot more flattering on my skin than traditional silica powders do. I'd definitely repurchase, but I'll probably end up trying out the pressed version when I run out of the loose stuff I'm using now.
As far as loose powders go, the packaging is excellent. It has just enough holes to dispense the correct amount of product into the lid without making a huge mess every time you use it. I do recommend putting tape over the holes if you plan to travel with it though!
This is for the loose setting powder.
I LOVE this setting powder. it actually made my skin look like skin...if that makes sense. i didn't have the horrible cakey seriously matte look like i would get with using rimmel stay matte translucent pressed powder. Not sure how it will go with keeping my oils at bay throughout the day as i used it at night and it was cold but i didn't go disgustingly oily as i usually would, only a nice glow i guess you could call it. but thats why i gave it a 4. i do really love the packaging its the classic sleek nars look however it will be messy so just be careful not to spill precious product. i will have to test out how it goes when working an 8 hour shift surrounded by food and oils, and constantly on my feet running around, that will be the serious test! but for now it will be a beautiful powder for going out at night and without doubt special occasions! also i really felt my makeup looked good once i had applied it AND stayed that way the duration of the night, so top marks!! haha and in regards to others saying they had felt their face when paler, i didn't notice any colour change to my skin, i just tapped my powder brush into the product and then patted around my face and concentrated on my oiliest areas, being the T ZONE.
If you're thinking about purchasing this product, i say take the plunge, its expensive no doubt ($55 in Australia!!!!) but i feel my makeup once being set has never looked as good. the product definitely did what it said it would!
This makes my skin so dry. It's more than a 'setting' powder. It's too harsh to just 'set' make-up and yet offers no real coverage to be a regular powder. Not really sure what to do with it.
When I apply this it completely changes the look of my makeup, my skin looks clearer for some reason and it controls my oily skin well. Not sure if it's just me but it smells really bad. Also, although I feel the loose powder works better than the pressed, it's messy to work with and it has leaked and spilled all through my makeup bag, which is annoying. So I love it but the packaging just annoys me.
I find myself constantly checking to see if I have an oily t-zone, and chances are...it is. However, I came across this lovely powder, and boom--what a difference. I bought the pressed powder version, and when I looked at it under the Sephora lighting I thought this was way too sparkly for me, but actually, you honestly cant see any sparkles.
1. My skin is a moody creature of its own. I will put something on my face, and about 123891721323 pimples pop up, and thats just a rough estimation. This stuff DID NOT break me out whatsoever, and I have been using it everyday for the last couple of months.
2. A normal day for me: wake up at 6:00a.m.-- do my makeup and "I feel pretty", go to school, go to work, come home at 6:00p.m...."ewwww my face looks greasy, I feel ugly". If you have had similar days, this is definitely a product for you. Im not one to bring makeup with me, so I rarely touch up, maybe blot with blotting paper occasionally, but thats it. This stuff works like a dream, it sets my makeup, and lasts pretty much all day long. In other words this allows me to say "I feel pretty" more often.
3. Don't let the sparkles in the powder scare you, you can't see them. Believe me, I sometimes pack this baby on my face, you CAN'T see it--and this never looks cakey. It actually makes my complexion look better!
4. When you put it on...you see nothing, and it feels as though you didnt really put anything on your skin. But when you touch your face after you put it on, its literally silky smooth--and for a girl with acne like me, thats pretty impressive. But even though it may seem you didnt put anything on, it makes a huge difference to your makeup--in a good way. It definitely mattifies your face without making it look powdery, and this is WAY better than the make up forever translucent powder--WAY BETTER. No comparison actually.
5. This doesn't make you look white in pictures, it makes you look natural and matte.
1. $34...even though I would probably find myself buy this again, I feel like there isn't that much product. But, to me, thats the only con.