Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 2/16/2015 2:58:00 PM

Bought a mini travel size to try it. Got medium color. I agree if you have dry skin, it might not blend nicely. I have oily tzone after a few hours but not with this on. Did everything I wanted it to. I used it as my foundation because it was enough coverage. Didn't make me break out. Easy to blend with fingers or with a flat head blending brush. Will re-purchase.

on 2/15/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm one of the few that this won't work for, I guess. I have DRY skin and this made my skin even drier, even itchy and scaly. It is extremely matte finish - NO dewy look at all which is a typical trait of BB Creams and why I like them.

I layered 2 applications of Neutrogena BB Cream on top to try to get some life back in my face. But I just end up with cakey, dry scales.

Also I spent time swatching this at Sephora to get the right shade and I chose the lightest (Fair). The next shade, Light seemed very orange in the tube and was way too dark. But when I apply Fair to my entire face, I look goth!

Overall I can tell this is a high quality product but NOT for DRY dry dry skin like mine. And the lack of shades is disappointing. Fair is basically sunscreen white and Light is orange.... What the heck

EDITED: this has been on my face 1 hour and I can't stand it. My face is so dry and itchy, my skin is now stretched tight and is absolutely miserable. This is going back to Sephora tomorrow.

I gave this 3 lippies because it is a great product I think on oily skin.

on 2/5/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is everything I wanted in a bb cream; I didn't know it would even be possible for that to happen, but it did. I wanted something that would match my skin, sheerly even out my skintone, have a matte finish, and not break me out, and this has done all that. Plus it doesn't have a fragrance, and it's stupid easy to apply with my fingers. The texture is very smooth and matte, and it feels good putting it on. And I don't need to use very much, which is a plus because this is an expensive bb cream for me ($35). But when I tested it at Sephora I was amazed. I'd sampled several other bb creams that day and none of them matched my skin, it was very disappointing. But this one, in fair, fits like a glove, and it's good for my oily skin. I am sold. I will re-buy this many times over, I can already tell. One thing - I don't rely on this for sun protection, as I use such a small amount. I put it on over sunscreen (paula's choice) and it doesn't pill or anything, it just sits nicely on top.

on 1/28/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice product. I'm always on a hunt for products pale enough for my very fair skin, and the lightest shade of his product fits the buck great. This applies easily with fingertips. It has a light, silicone feel and gives my skin a medium coverage without feeling like I'm wearing a bunch of product on my face. This honestly lets me feel like I'm wearing foundation without the heavy feeling. This does slip around on my face a little, so I always set with powder. It controls my oil nicely and paired with a good concealer, it's all I need.

on 1/28/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great bb cream for normal-oily skin. It stays on well, provides medium coverage, and blends imperfections. I love using this by itself with a little cream blush on top on days when I don't have time to do a full face of makeup. It also works well as a foundation! I wouldn't recommend for dry skin. It clings every easily to dry patches. You don't necessarily need a primer underneath this, but using one is just an added bonus. I would atleast use a moisturizer as a base. My only complaint is that some of the shades have an orangey tint to them. Odds are, if you're on the oily side like me, you'll love this!

on 1/21/2015 8:00:00 PM

Ive used 2 bottles of this in Medium. I initially really liked it because its very lightweight and not cakey. It covered up some of my blemishes and redness. You could build it up for more coverage. It doesnt have any smell. But therenisnt a wide range of shades to choose from. Ive stopped using this recently to try out different foundations and becausen its too light for me right now. Overall, great product. Will repurchase again in the future.

on 1/12/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received a deluxe sample and attempted to use this on several occasions. It's winter so my skin is drier than average, but this "BB" primer accentuated the dry areas and accentuated previously invisible pores.

I'm surprised and disappointed that it's a very matte finish on my skin, seeing as many others seemed to achieve a natural to slightly dewy finish with this product. On the upside, the coverage is quite good; this product covers most of my PIH spots and light redness. On the downside, it's drying, accentuates pores and fine lines, and has a very silicone-like feel.

I may keep the sample to try in the summer, but I wouldn't purchase this. I cannot comment on breakouts as I used this on isolated days, several weeks apart. It did not irritate my skin (and result in instant blemishes), but I would think that as a silicone-based product it'd negatively impact my skin over time.

I do like Tarte, but this product made my skin look worse and did not enhance it.

on 12/30/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've been through a lot of BB creams trying to find the perfect one. I think I may have found it! This literally feels like velvet when you rub it on your face. Great coverage, and I like having a multitasking product that actually does what it says it does! SPF coverage, moisturizing, priming, and foundation coverage. My morning routine is cut in half due to this product alone! That to me is worth the price tag

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

lets see, where do i begin ... i bought this bb cream LAST YEAR April 2013. it is now November 2014, on the tube it says expires dec. 2014 and i am now done with the product. BOY did i LOVE this stuff!! by far this has been the best bb cream for me. a little pricey ($30), but it has lasted this long and was definitely worth it! i will repurchase today. one TINY pump goes a long way. i used it as a moisturizer and primer. one thing i got sooo irritated by is that little bamboo cap, i seem to drop that little sucker everytime i twist open, it seems to slip out of my fingers and fall into the cracks of dirty corners. i havent been to sephora in a while so i hope they changed the packaging.

on 11/15/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am so, so impressed with this product! It gives me perfect, dewy, youthful skin all day long. It is very smooth and moisturizing. I apply it over jojoba oil for even more hydration, and it stays put all day long - and I don't use powder, so that's saying something!

I love the fact that they combined a BB cream, primer and sunscreen into one product - it really saves a lot of time! I also like the fact that they used mineral sunscreens, since the chemical ones really irritate my eyes. I really appreciate that it is SPF 30, and not a token addition of SPF 15 or less like so many other products.

I know this is meant to be used as a primer, but for me it has completely removed the need for foundation since it makes my skin look so perfect. I just apply concealer over it where needed. Foundation often gives me a dry, weathered and tired look toward the end of the day, but I swear this product removes 10 years from my face and still looks just as good 16 hours in!

EDIT: I don't know why they priced it this way, but Sephora sells 0.5 oz tubes for $10 and 1 oz tubes for $35. This makes no sense to me - shouldn't you get a better deal if you buy a larger amount, not a worse deal? Anyway, I bought two of the 0.5 oz tubes and saved $15. The only thing is that the 0.5 oz tubes only come in light and medium. However, the colors blend so nicely that there is little difference between them once they're applied to your skin. I am closer to fair but bought the light, and can't tell much difference. (I initially got this as a 4-shade sample.)