July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I really adore this. It gives a matte, but natural finish. I find that on its own it offers medium coverage, but of course can be sheered out if you so desire. It covers up slight hyper pigmentation very well without looking cakey and gross. The lasting power is terrific, lasting in the Florida humidity all day long. Another huge plus is that it does not break me out. The only real gripe I have is the color selection, they do run slightly pinky, but it's not incredibly noticeable, especially if paired with yellow toned setting powder. I'm still using up a sample I have been using for two weeks, but I plan on buying it when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Goes on really silky and seems like it would control oil well but the finish doesn't last more than an hour or two. It clings to dry spots and overall makes my face look dry and dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by beautyobssessed

So my skin type is combo; quite oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks. I love love love this BB cream, I've tried many BB creams and nothing compares to this! It covers, the finishing isn't oily looking, keeps me decently matte through the day, & no break outs (I have sensitive skin that breaks out VERY easy). I would definitely recommend anyone who's into BB creams to buy this(:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by missileme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was on the hunt for a long lasting foundation or bb/cc cream that provides a light to medium coverage. I also have some large pores on my nose that I am pretty self conscious about and was looking for something to cover them up. I went to Ulta without any make up on one night to try on some foundations/creams. Oddly enough I went to Tarte section first because I had heard good things about their foundation. I saw the BB cream and liked how it said it was 12 hour wear and had a primer in it that would minimize the appearance of pores, and also that it had 30 SPF because I am a bit lazy when it comes to applying sunscreens. No one at Ulta was there to help me try on foundations/creams so I brought the BB cream in "fair" over to a mirror and put it on my nose, my biggest problem area. I was seriously amazed how instantly the BB cream covered up my large pores, I swear I did a double take when applied it to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was. I have tried other pore minimizers (benefit, MAC, urban decay without much luck) I also really liked how soft and smooth the cream went on and blended in. I only tested a few areas on my face before I knew I had to buy it. The fair color matched me perfectly without making me look too pale and lifeless. I have been using this BB cream since (about a week) and am happy with the results. I now no longer have to apply a primer and then a foundation as this works great as both, but if you wanted a full heavy coverage you could use this as a primer and then apply a foundation over. Just on its own I find this to have a good medium coverage, actually much more than I thought it would be. It evens out my skin and covers most of my freckles without looking like I am wearing tons of make up. I do use a moisturizer underneath this BB cream because my face tends to be more on the dry side although oily in my t zone too but that is fine with me and totally expected. I also apply a pressed powder over to set it, which I just do out of habit and it gives me a natural matte look. This BB cream does stay put on my face pretty good throughout the day, it doesn't melt off like the previous MAC foundations I was trying to wear. I will get a tinsy bit shiny on my nose and then can see my pores slightly because of so after a 5+ hours of wear but its definitely better than anything else I have tried thus far. I am still happy with it and am looking to try some other Tarte products. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the product. This is hands down the best BB cream I have used. I find that it makes my skin look flawless - minimizes pores, gives me a smooth, porcelain finish. This and a light dusting of powder is all I need. I love how it does not make me an oily mess like others I have tried. The light color blends perfectly to my skin. I have combination skin, large pores, a few acne scars for reference. Nothing I have used has ever made my skin look so perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by vluna1084

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first bb cream I ever tried was the maybelline one that was all the rage..it was terrible as it left me with no coverage and super oily throughout the day. I started doing research on bb creams and this one seemed to be one of the top choices. I figured it was good since it was always sold out in my shade at my local ulta.

Price- The price is significantly more than drugstore brands but it' s totally worth it. You don't have to use too much so the tube will last you a few months

Packaging- it comes in a white tube which isn't my fave. The tube is white so after a few uses it may get stained and start looking pretty dirty. I would suggest cutting off the top and picking out the leftover product with a q-tip once you can't squeeze out anymore product.

Coverage- this is great for a light to slightly medium coverage. I a full coverage type of girl and dont mind doing full face foundation during the week. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this. It evened out my skin tone fairly well..I have really dark under eye circles and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. Considering that this isn't a foundation it has good coverage for a bb cream. It also smoothed out my skin and minimized my poors. It also left my skin feeling pretty silky and slightly moisturized. Keepin mind, I have combo/oily skin. Just be careful mot to put on too much product because then it looks streaky and uneven. It does have sof as well which is always good.

Routine- I will use this in one of two routines 1- I use my ambi dark spot correcting cream on my dark spots and let it dry. Then I'll apply the tarte bb cream and let dry. I follow it with a few small light dabs of the the hard candy glamouflage concealer and then top it off with my studio fix powder. This provides what I feel to be full coberage without needing to use liquid foundation. I may need to blot 2-3 times during the day but never retouch. This is my everyday look.
The second routine is more for when I'm on the run and don't need full coverage but I don't want to leave the house without ANYTHING on. Lol. This is my on the go I need to run errands sat morning routine. I just moisturize and let dry then apply the bb cream. I top it off with my powder and go. This is more medium coverage but works well.

The biggest misconception is that people think this IS a primer. It just supposedly has a built in primer. I dont suggest it for that. In fact, although it didn't leave me as oily as the maybelline bb cream if used alone you will still get shine.you need to set this with a powder. All in all I really did like this product.I am already on my second purchase and will be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by wendy1021

I love this bb cream. I have oily skin and I use this everyday. I use it as a foundation and top it off with nyx stay matte not flat powder. I do not get oily with this combo. love this!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I will put it this way, if you have clear smooth skin and need some coverage/protection, this is great.

This is definitely more of a primer vs. a BB. I wear this then top it off with some powder foundation for more coverage. It's good to get rid of some redness, but I don't find this to fill in my pores at all. It actually makes them more noticeable.

The thing I like the most about this would be the light feel and ease of application. That's mostly it but I won't be repurchasing this again. There are definitely better primers and BB creams out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have super oily, fair, neutral skin. I use this in Fair. I do wish they had more shades of this, as the fair is almost too light for my skin, but the next shade down is significantly darker. My face is mostly clear, but has some redness and discoloration, so I use this as a BB cream rather than just a primer. If I moisturize, spray with Urban Decay de-slick setting spray, apply this, set with Tarte Smoother Operator setting powder, and then spray the de-slick again, my face will stay matte for a LONG time (over 8 hours) without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. That is really the best results I've been able to get, because I have extremely oily skin year-round. If I use this without setting spray or powder I will stay matte for about 4 hours, which is also pretty good for me. I also appreciate that it has SPF because I hate wearing suncreen.

It's expensive, but you really don't have to use much of this product. In fact, it will start to look bad if you do. If you need medium coverage this isn't going to work as a BB cream for you, because the product is not very buildable. It seems too expensive to use as just a primer, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by prettydarncute

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product with another product I purchased and didn't even use it for a couple of months. Was a surprise it was. With it being tinted i use less of my foundation. Love it.