July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product made my skin appear extremely greasy and shiny, offered nearly zero coverage, felt heavy and gross, and had an overpowering smell. I broke out after trying this product for a few days. The product also only comes in two shades, so there's little chance of a good match for your skin tone. The price isn't bad, but the product is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Eeeehhhh. It smells nice and moisturizes well, but there is zero coverage. I'm not expecting Colorstay coverage, but there should be SOMETHING. I might mix this with foundation to get a tinted moisturizer, just so I can use it up. I'm just glad I got it on clearance at Wal Mart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ml44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Greasy! I tried this because I really liked Olay's makeup line that was discontinued years ago. This is not up to the previous standard at all. It looks really, really greasy on me. I'm returning it as soon as possible. The color really isn't even a tint. It does nothing to enhance my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little surprised by all the negative reviews! I actually love this stuff. I typically like really heavy, full coverage foundations but lately have just been tired of the thick, heavy made-up look. I tried a couple different tinted moisturizers and did not like them at all and suffered awful breakouts. But I've been using this product for about a week and I have been very happy! The smell is awesome!! It goes on smooth and creamy, it blends and soaks into my skin nicely, and I like the SPF15. I have terrible skin that breaks out really easily and so far I have had no problems. No this isn't going to cover deep acne scars or extreme pigmentation issues, but it does even out my skin tone and give it a nice dewy, healthy look with a little color. That's what I was going for, so the product delivers perfectly for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by noxowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I heard so many good things about BB creams that I tried this one. It provides literally zero coverage and if anything makes my skin look worse. I have redness and acne, I was looking for something that could even out my face just a little so my "no makeup" days could feel a bit better.

The SPF they use is the kind that makes you shiny. Not only that, but something in this irritated my face so I ended up with an oily-looking, aggravated face.

I've tried this product several times on different days and I just can't like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sgray0721

I was really not a fan of this product. After hearing all sorts of good news about bb creams, this was the first one I decided to try. The packaging was nice and claimed to give skin a fresh dewey look. I have uneven acne prone skin so I hoped this would cover up and even the look of my skin. The product itself was very oily feeling and had a strong smell. It provided little coverage and felt heavy on my skin. The scent irritated my skin which is hard to do, I've got tough skin. I was greatly disappointed because it looked so cute in its little packaging and I like the advertisements for the fresh effects products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This BB cream is certainly of a Western flavor in terms of what it offers, in comparison to traditional Asian BB creams. Most people who are familiar with Asian BB creams feel that Western BB creams are strikingly no different than tinted moisturizers. Olay's BB cream is essentially that (it even says it on the packaging), but it's one of the lightest and sheerest base makeup I've ever tried (including already sheer tinted moisturizers). I expected it to be so, because Olay is more of a skincare brand than a makeup brand, so I wasn't actually disappointed at all.

Olay Fresh Effects BB feels much like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream as far as its lightweight, fluid texture and blendability, but it's so sheer the pigment just seems to vanish on the skin, much like any ordinary face lotion, except it doesn't leave a white cast that some face products with SPF or white-colored formulas might especially in photography. Those who need coverage will either need to look elsewhere or use a concealer with this product.

But on its own, it leaves a fresh, modestly dewy and very natural finish, evens out minor redness, provides broad spectrum SPF15 backed by a pretty impressive list of 4 different 2.5%–4% active ingredients (unlike Maybelline's BB's 1% sun protection ingredient), and provides enough moisture for normal and combo skin types. Dry skin types might want to supplement this with another moisturizer prior, and sensitive skin types might want to avoid this because it does contain a very noticeable fragrance, if they have allergic reactions. Very oily skin types may want to avoid this because of its dewy finish.

I decided that this BB cream wasn't for me because I have acne scars and dark spots/circles that I need to conceal, and I have used other BB creams, tinted moisturizers, and foundations that provide all of the above as well as coverage. But this product isn't a total loss; my little sister, age 18 with combo-dry, sensitive and acneic skin, happened to really love this because it's lightweight and doesn't make her look made-up, and provides sun protection and moisture all in one.

If sun protection, and moisture are what you're looking for and you don't mind the sheer, minimal coverage (or just need something to even out redness), this is a good product to try. For those of us who just need a primer especially for powder/mineral makeup, this might actually be a great product to layer on; I used to use Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF20 under mineral makeup, but if I were to continue using mineral makeup, I would switch to Olay's BB as a primer as it has more to offer and comes in a large volume for the price. It's a little expensive considering little coverage, at $12 to $15, but it's the largest tube of BB cream I've seen so far at 2.5oz (75ml) against 60ml from some Korean-brand BBs and even the typical 1oz (30ml) primer in the Western market, so it might be a considerably good value for the other benefits it has to offer and if used to substitute parts of an existing skin care and beauty regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I was excited about this BB cream! I bought it in the shade fair/light at Walmart for I think $12.99. I love Olay's products! But this BB cream was by far the worst one I have tried and I have tried quite a bit! First off, it has hardly any coverage at all, like you need about three layers of this to get decent coverage, it gets patchy after a while, and also oxidizes! The things I do like about this is the smell, the texture, and the packaging but that's about it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I have tried many Korean BB creams and several US BB creams for my hyperpigmented skin
and I have to say I was sorely disappointed in this cream. It offered hardly any coverage. The ingredients look very promising, but it just spread out too thin on my face and I wondered if I was getting any sun protection, because I was getting very little coverage. It also made whatever I put on top of it fragment. In several hours, I was patchy. The feeling was very
loose and almost greasy on my skin and I didn't like that at all. My makeup didn't either because it tried to run off my face too! I just felt like I wanted to wash it off as soon as I put it on. I am sadly disappointed in the contents of this cream and I will not repurchase. I only like the very common squeeze tube it comes in.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by goaheadlily

I really wanted this product to blow me away but I am sorry to say I was very disappointed. I use the Olay classic face cream and it feels great so I figured I'd give this a shot. One thing I loved about it was the scent, so after my dislike of the product I gave it another try. It is pretty oily and doesn't exactly feel light on my face. The days following the couple of times I have used it I ended up breaking out. It is a little pricey so I'm sorry I wasted the money on it, I wont be buying it again.