July 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Smoothed Over Straightening Balm [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 3:34:00 AM More reviews by helen1984

This product worked very well but tends to make my hair look oily and adds to a lot of buildup on hair. Would not use this everyday but occasionally. Would try something else after I finish this pump. Packaging is good, no mess! Got this for $5.99CND.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2004 6:13:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGirlMere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it smells really good and makes my hair look pretty nice when i use it on dry hair. when i use it on wet hair, it is awful. both ways, it leaves a NASTY film to be reckoned with. it's too hard to get the amount right, and i'm not in love with the texture. basically i am awful b/c i have a wandering eye and got this on a sale. i should have stuck to my trusty beyond the zone get'n'creamed. that stuff is the best product ever, and this experience has only solidified that notion ;) i will only repurchase this if (heaven forbid!) btz get'n'creamed is taken off the market...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nd1282

Works but leaves a film in my hair..it also makes my hair feel kind of oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dmp8907

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product...it makes my hair shiny smooth and straight. I like the pump bottle and it has a nice smell that disappears. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lobstee

I used to use this EVERY day when I had long hair. I have slightly wavy hair and I would iron it paper straight. This controlled frizzes for me and made everything.. well.. smooth! I don't know any other product thats under 8 dollars that worked like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by holaJBC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off Got 2 Be Smoothed Over isn't a bad product. However, when comparing it to Phytotherarie Phytodefrisant, this is a case where upgrading to the more expensive brand is well worht it.

I'd been using Got2B Smoothed Over to aid my hairdryer in straghtening my medium-length curly hair, which I'm growing out. I was fairly pleased with the results, but it'd didn't leave my hair with much bounce, the ends looked frazzled, and I had trouble getting some spots -- light right at my neckline -- totally straight. Plus after blowdrying I'd have to use a lot of pomade to tame the poofiness.

After reading raves for Phytodefrisant on MUA, I grudgingly forked over $22.00 and was instantly hooked. Suddenly my hair is virtually stick-straight all over and has incredible body. Post-drying poofiness is minimal, and I can get away with using very little pomade. I'm an extremely low-maintenance person, and Phytodefrisant minimizes drying time while leaving me looking like I just got a new style.

Again, Smoothed Over isn't a bad product (and likely works better for those who don't have really thick, unruly hair), and I may buy it again if I'm in dire straits, but as long as I have a choice, I'm loyal to Phytodefrisant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by uniquelydarcy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have wavy hair and I have used Pantene's straightening creme for years to blow dry my hair straight. Based on these reviews, I decided to try this out as a replacement and it's perfect! It's half the price of Pantene and works just as well. I've found my new HG hair product. Thanks MUA!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by CreamyLotion

This stuff is so great!!! It is one of the many products i use everyday!! It blocks out all humidity so my hair always stays straight no matter what the weather!! I use it on wet hair and it works great! There is no frizz and my hair is perfectly straight

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sweetbear

I had to give this a low rating on packaging because when I first bought it it was very hard to get the product out of the pump. I worrioed that I had somehow gotten an empty bottle or a broken one but after several toils it works pretty normally now. I would highly recommend the actual product (what comes out of the pump, when it finally does). It works very well, made my hair look tame and sleeker than with all the products I've tried. It actually looks natural-not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by gage

Thank God for this site! I was using Framesi smoothing balm combined with biosilk shine serum. It just wasnt enough to tame my unruly poofy hair. I read some of the reviews and decided to purchase GOT 2 BE smoothed Over and holy *&%$, NOTHING has worked this great on smoothing my cotton ball hair! If you have damaged busted up hair that poofs up like a Christmas tree you HAVE to try this products. Yes when you apply it feels thick like glue, and the smell reminds me of a middle school locker room, but after blow-drying you hair is left STICK straight and best of all CALM. It truly transformed my hair! Now lets get scientific and in my opinion the best part - there are no alcohols in this product. Meaning it wont dry or strip the color from your hair! So if you have a similar hair situation as me you should really go pick up a tube of this and try it out. Im willing to bet it will save you $$$ from purchasing those expensive balms, and serums and sprays, because THIS %$#@ WORKS.