July 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Matte Finish by Kate Moss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in 101, which is a very pretty light pink, but I don't like the way the light color emphasizes the dryness and lines of my lips. It's also very slippery, so it never really dries or rubs into your lips, it just sits on top, so it's hard to blot it or smooth it out without just rubbing it off, although it feels nice on. It has a very strong kind of floral smell and a perfumey taste, which is extremely off-putting and does not fade away. I might still try a darker color though, because of the price, and I think the packaging is adorable, but I don't recommend shade 101 unless your lips are perfectly smooth. Balm or lip gloss on top or under only makes it worse really, but I have found that it's useful for lightening darker lipsticks! The number one bad thing is the taste, for sure. It's extremely strong and disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick already! I bought it in two colors yesterday, from two different Kate Moss collections with Rimmel. One of the red tubes, and one of the black tubes. In the black tube I had 10, which is a beautiful rich red color that just looks amazing on me. It lasted really well, though it did seem to come of on like anything I touched. No running, but on application did smear a little. In the red tube was 102, which is a sort of...pinky corally....something. It didn't look as good on as I thought but I still like it. It's a little too close to my lip color, and it feels like it sort of disappears, but it looks great with a little gloss over it. Once again didn't seem to stay, but it still looked good. Best thing about both is the smell. The smell is to die for, smells like fresh fruit.

Edit: So after weeks of trying this out numerous times, I have come to love 102 as well. It is actually quite pink, and looks quite nice. It does make my lips look a bit dry but with a lip scrub and extra moisturizing it looks great.

Edit 2: Gone back to try out the lipsticks many times since both the edit and the original post. They aren't all that long lasting in terms of eating and drinking, they wear off right away basically, but otherwise its a good choice for something where you won't drink/eat too much. With Rimmel 1000 Kisses pencil in Natural the lipstick doesn't bleed anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Kirstymarie

I wish I could love this but I don't. I chose the shade 113 which is a nude but the texture is horrid. It's as if I've got fluff on my lips and its quite irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I was really pleased with this lipstick!

I bought this in 103, which is a color that falls somewhere in the spectrum between bright pink and nude pink, if that makes any sense at all. It's definitely a noticeable color and a little bright, but definitely not a super bright pink. Very wearable, and I think it will be especially cute for spring and summer.

I love the smell of this lipstick and the cute packaging!

The product goes on evenly and is definitely matte. It did dry out my lips and make them look chapped after a little bit - but I feel that all matte lipsticks and stains will do this, so just add some balm on top and it will look much better, and still have that flat matte consistency on your lips. I did have to reapply at least twice, but that was during a long day. I would like to buy this product again in a red color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade selection: #101 (bubble gum pink), #113 (pale beige nude)

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy
- long wearing

Cons

- scent
- drying

Comments: This line of lipsticks smell like potpourri. Not my cup of tea, but at least it fades quickly. Aside from that, 101 is a pretty shade of pink. It also feels creamy for a matte - no tugging at the lips and you can even feel the product move when you put your lips together. These are very easily apply. 113 is the perfect beige nude and very creamy as well, though not quite opaque.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought several of these (#103, 105, 107, 109, and was strongly considering 111, but it's been sold out everywhere I've looked). Really love the color selection, far better than most matte lines. There is also a depth to most of these that is absent in most mattes. They do start off creamy, are easy to apply, and they do dry a bit in 15-20 minutes, so lip prep (quick swipe of lip balm) is wise, but they stay put for a long time.

103 - lovely rosy pink, leans cool
105 - mauve
107 - rich berry
109 - pink coral

Here's hoping they decide to bring these mattes back to the regular line-up. Most of the displays I've seen are nearly sold out. Wish they came in shrink-wrapped tubes, but oh well. For $5.49 (at Walgreens), I'm not complaining too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought 113 for my (currently) NC20-NC25 complexion. This reminds me of MAC Myth, except 113 is less opaque and perhaps slightly darker. So maybe it's more appropriate to say it's a cross between MAC Myth & Peachstock. It has pink, beige, and peach tones to it. On me, it pulls peachy beige. Kinda looks like concealer on me.

The consistency is why I rated so low. It's slippery - and not in a good moisturizing way. I mean, it transfers easily (onto my teeth and slides around the lips too much). The semi-matte texture is not flattering on dry or wrinkled lips.

This was not opaque enough to cover my extremely pigmented lips, but was enough to wash out my complexion a tad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by arkindt

i got 113 because im a nude lip girl. im nc20 and this is just barely too dark of a nude for me. it could work on me but it's not what i particularly look for in a nude. it's not bad. it did feel kinda grainy though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

This is a review for the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks in shades 109 and 110. Although these lipsticks are advertised as being matte, I find that they're quite creamy and nowhere near as drying as most matte lipstick formulas. In fact, they're not drying at all, which is a nice advantage. The lipsticks do have a light melon scent, which while not terrific, isn't terribly unpleasant either. Both 109 and 110 are vibrant shades in the orange family.

109: a rich burnt orange color.
110: a bright pinkish-reddish-orange is the best way to describe this shade. It's fairly unique as far as drugstore lipstick shades go.

I can honestly say that I don't have any shades like this in my collection and I have a lot of orange lipsticks, both from MAC and the drugstore. I would say that these lipsticks have something to unique to offer both in shade variety and finish. Like other matte lipsticks, they don't have any shine or gloss, but unlike other matte lipsticks, they don't suck the moisture out of your lips and leave them looking dry and parched. These lipsticks are also highly pigmented with opaque coverage and are a new drugstore favorite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

The only reason I took off a lippie was because of the perfumy taste. Other than that I really liked these lipsticks. The formula is matte but not dry and chalky feeling on lips. I have 101 which is a creamy soft pink nude and 111 a fiery red.