April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by gladysk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best lip product I have ever tried ! Obssessed with it, ! I especially use it during the winter time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! Super moisturizing, I got in in rasberry rose and it smells so so good. Better for night use however because it does leave a white cast on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised how much I actually liked this product. It's so smooth, moisturizing and smells lovely! I have the vanilla and macadamia flavour. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the packaging. I don't like dipping my fingers in the tin and the packaging can be hard to open when my fingernails are short.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

SWOOOOOOOON!
Finally, something to compete with my beloved Jack Black lip balms. I have tried Chapstick, Carmex, Burts Bees, Blistex, and probably close to two dozen other assorted other balms and lip moisturizers and this is one of my absolute favourites.
The texture of these is amazing, a light yet buttery rich and meltingly smooth potted balm, these are in no way sticky, tacky or waxy.
A more than generous 19mLs of products (when compared to most other stick balms at 4 - 5 g), these come in adorable little flat tins and are a bargain at less than $6NZD at pretty much any supermarket (I got mine on special for 25% off, score!).
I have both Vanilla & Macadamia, which yes, smells like white chocolate (!) and Caramel Cream, which is more of a rich gourmand scent but not sickly sweet or overpowering and it doesn't linger once applied. I would love to try the Raspberry Rose but it does not appear to be available in the Southern Hemisphere, boo! :-(
Among other things, these contain shea butter and sweet almond oil, so these do add moisture but if you have really dry or chapped lips or subject to dramatic changes in temperature, you are probably going to want something more intensive and healing. Likewise, if you're outside, swimming, boating or playing a lot of outdoor sport you're likely going to prefer something with an SPF, which these do not have, so that's something to keep in mind.
I don't have any issues with these leaving a white or pale cast on my lips, I guess it depends on how much is applied - I find I really only need a dab or two and it is great for layering on top of lip stains or when other lip product has worn off and I'm too darn lazy to reapply it.
But overall, these are effective, cute, affordable, smell delicious and provide an excellent balmy texture and I adore them!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by judyxtnguyen

I Love the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut lip butter Amazingly smells incredible, smooth and long lasting. Keeps my lips moisturised. I would purchase more of this and others ones. Favourtie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lip balm. I was skeptical at first because I'm not a fan of petroleum based lip balms (just based on texture, not because I have issues with petroleum or mineral oil), but it thicker and less greasy/sticky than I'm used to with petroleum based lip products. II's more slick than a more butter/oil based product, but the texture is definitely somewhere in between a butter based lip product like a Body Shop lip butter and some like Rose Salve. Which makes sense, as while petrolatum is the main ingredient this product also contains shea butter and sweet almond and castor oils. It's very soft, creamy and very comfortable to wear. Does a great job softening my lips and protecting them from the cold this winter. I like this product so much that I've bought three tins to keep in different places so I always have it on hand. And it smells SO good. I bought all of mine in the Vanilla and Macadamia Nut fragrance which smells like white chocolate to me. The scent is pretty strong and somewhat lasting, so anyone sensitive to scents might be better off choosing the unscented version of this product.

The only things I don't like about this product are the packaging (just because this is in a tin and I prefer not having to apply lip balm with my fingers) or that the products leaves a sort of milky white sheen on my lips. My natural lipcolor is a super pale mauve and going any paler really makes me look dead! I can't use this outside of the house unless I put it over a lipstain/faded lipstick or if I blot it and put a lipstick over it. Not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying. I wish it were completely clear or tinted. Maybe someday if I'm feeling industrious, I'll tint it myself with melted bits of an old lipstick. Then it will be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by neelofur

amazing product!!! great for overnight use. Drink enough water and use this product for baby smooth lips!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Raspberry Rose Kiss. It's amazing. It doesn't last long on the lips, ab an hour tops but idc. It's easy to reapply and smells soooooooo good that I ABSOLuTLEy love reapplying it through the day. I will def repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Sweetlae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut lip butter. Yes, it's in a tin, "unhygienic" and all that jazz, but to be honest, I don't care. I am clean naturally, and to be ocd about germs and bacteria and all of that stuff on insignificant things like lip balms will just make your body weaker in the process. I like to attest this due to the fact that I never get sick and am an extremely healthy person. Anyways, this is a lip butter that works great with my lips. It has a deliciously addicting scent and applies smooth. The best part is that it works great to heal my lips after I bite them (an anxious habit). It doesn't leave a white cast on my lips, but it does tone them down. Kind of like a mlbb nude!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not so sure if I love this product or hate it. I bought the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut version for $3 and the smell is a very light white chocolate and fades once you have it on for awhile. However, this lip butter dried my lips out really badly that my lips started to peel and I feel like there is a waxy film over my lips and that the product isn't being absorbed. The packaging is in a metal tin which I don't mind but I just dislike the fact that the tin packaging attracts a lot of dust and that I would have to dig my fingers in multiple times to retrieve the product. Overall, this product would be nice for people who just want nice smelling and kissable lips!