August 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really adore this product. The Raspberry Rose one is delightful. I hate that it's in a tin, as it can be somewhat difficult to pull off when trying to maintain a manicure, but it fits wonderfully in my purse. I really like the way it smells/tastes. I don't eat it, but you always get some in your mouth, ya know? It's super moisturizing and seriously feels like creamy, rich butter. It's absolutely lovely. The only downside is that it may leave a white-toned cast on your lips. So, you may want to use at night so you can wake up with baby-soft lips.
I would buy again in a heartbeat! Definitely recommend. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again: yes BUT... I don't find this to be a fixer upper. If you have dry, cracked lips, this will soothe them but not fix them. I have found this to be good on chapped lips but it requires a few applications to be effective. 2 days in my experience. If I usually have chapped lips I use Carmex or Blistex and overnight the flakies and dryness are gone. My POSITIVES: I would buy this again because it does an amazing job of keeping lips hydrated. I applied this whilst having the flu (when my lips were a flakey dry mess). While it did hydrate my lips, it still didn't really fix them like my other balm (blistex) did. So anyway, after my flu and my lips were nice and normal and smooth, I went back to this Caramel Lip Butter. And BAM! My lips are smooth and staying smooth! This stuff works great for mildly chapped/smooth lips to get them in good condition. Not for really dry chapped lips. Good scent! It is so subtle yet yummy and it is so mild that it actually makes you feel like you are putting a mildly flavoured butter on your lips. It comes in a tin pot. Which I like, because it looks pretty and it makes it easy to distinguish from my glosses. Yes, it may be unhygienic from a general point of view, but I reckon my tube glosses hold a lot more bacteria around the rim than this one. (Has anyone else gotten gloss or balm with the tiny hole that eventually makes its way up/down the threads of the lid? And bacteria can get to the edges or into the threads of the tube which eventually eases its way to the outside. I'm a balm in bag kinda girl and some of my tubes have picked up bag dust) There is no opportunity for stickiness or leakage from this. Unless you scrape your finger on the side. Aaaargh such a long review but the short of it is: Smells great Feels like butter (mmmm:-) Soothes chapped lips (but...) Won't fix very chapped lips fast (2-3 days) Keeps lips soft Great under lipstick Great over lipstick Feels velvety smooth. Keeps unchapped lips unchapped! Not good to repair lips in a short time period but amazing for everyday AFTER lips have healed. I have never had such smooth lips for so much amount of time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I bought this lip butter in "vanilla & macadamia" recently and I'm obessed!
This stuff is way better than I thought. It's really really moistruizing, and makes your lips so soft. The scent/taste is also extremely good! Just like white chocolate and vanilla.

Almost everything about this lip butter is amazing, but there's a few things I'm not crazy about. It doesn't matter that much, but I can't give it 5/5.
First of all they're slightly tinted. That's great with the rasperry one since it's pink, but with the others it's a bit strange. The one I've got is white. Not that it makes your lips white, the colour get's almost invisible if just apply the right amount and blend it into your lips.
The second thing that annoys me a bit, is the packagain. It's super cute, but it's in a tin. That means you gotta use your hands, and when I'm in public i won't use my fingers to apply lipbalm unless they're totally clean.

Otherwise this product is gorgeous, and I definitely recommend it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

God, I love this stuff so much. Me and my sis-in-law got double packs at CVS for 2/5 during an Extrabucks Sale (best way to not spend a lot on Drugstore Brands) and I've been hooked since. I currently possess the Vanilla & Macadamia and Raspberry Rose Kiss, so I'll review these separately in one post.

Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Smells strongly of a chocolate chip cookie, but no flavor. The same color as cocoa butter. My absolute favorite.

Raspberry Rose Kiss: Smells like fruity candy, no flavor. A light pink color.

They both aren't overly heavy, but you know they are full of moisture as soon as you put them on. Last a while.

I'd love to get Caramel Kiss next. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by CtJen

I had a reaction some months ago to something I was using on my lips when I had bronchitis. My lips were very dry and dehydrated so I used Carmex and also a new flavor Chapstick called candy cane. My lips actually got swollen and days later peeled in long strips. I kept applying both lip balms and it was making them worse. I started using just Vaselene on my lips until they healed.

Fast forward two months. I had found a the candy cane flavored Chapstick in a pocket of my jacket and used it. I immediately got a stinging, burning feeling on my lips and wiped it off with a tissue. The next day my lips were swollen again and I had little pimple-like eruptions around the rim of my lips. I thought "oh no! not again". I went to Walmart and found this Nivea Lip Butter and read the ingredients and found them all to be natural. I tried it as soon as I got in my car after leaving the store. It felt so incredible, like no other lip balm I've ever tried. It immediately softened my lips but even better, it wasn't greasy or too shiny. It felt like it was being absorbed, which it was. It healed up my peeling, dry and red lips in two days. I love this product and wil never use Chapstick or Carmex ever again. Both contain camphor and it's really worse than using plain Vaselene. I love this Nivea and will NEVER be without it again. I highly recommend it to anyone for lip softening and repair. By the way, I have read other reviews of people that weren't happy with the little tin. I love that tin, and it fits smoothly in my front pocket of my jeans without a big rounded bulge that a tube makes. The lid is so easy to lift off. I've never had any problem and think it's even easier to use than a tube with a snap off cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ohfortheloveofmakeup

I want this in every room of my house, in every coat pocket, it every purse, etc. I use it all the time and it is the ONLY thing that has ever actually healed the dry skin that stays on my full bottom lip. I put a thick layer on at night (heard about this product used that way on a blog) and my lips are perfect in the morning. Mine is in Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss and I like it a lot (I'm not into the fruity stuff). Also, this product is way better than EOS, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Clapyourhandstwice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. Very creamy and moisturizing. Does leave a whitish cast on the lips. I like to use this as an overnight treatment and on weekends. Not a huge fan of the packaging. I really don't like putting my fingers in the product. All in all though this is a great product and I would purchase again. I have the vanilla macadamia and it smells wonderful and doesn't have much of a taste which I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Nivea from their lotions to their body washes - so I was excited when I saw that they came out with a line for Lip Care. I love that they have 4 diff ones to choose from so I decided to buy the Vanilla. I love anything Vanilla - the smell didnt disappoint, neither did the consistency of the product. It went on smooth and you are able to apply with your finger. However, i did not like the packaging. The tin is very hard to lift off, especially when you are trying to maintain a manicure and there is not much room to hold on the tin if you are trying to lift it. I am not sure if I prefer a round container like Blistex has - but the tin didnt do much for me. Also, if you dont close it tight enough, you end up having the junk in your bag (dust and other randomness) stick to the balm. I dont think I would buy it again :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have this in caramel creme. It is a thick, white colored milky lip balm that is very hydrating and soft. The scent is lovely and the feeling of the balm is really great.

I use this at night or home alone, I would not wear this out as it leaves sort of a white film on the lips, even if you use a teeny bit the overall look is milky and for my pinkesh-red lips, not so flattering.

I HATE the tin, mine is an absolute struggle to open and always gets stuck or bent up.

I would repurchase becuase i really enjoy a heavy lip treatment at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

we don't have this in my country so i had to wait until i go on a trip to buy it.
i bought the original and raspberry, because caramel scented anything makes me gag and vanilla scented is even worse. but even the raspberry is still too sweet (i thought it gonna be sour) so i rarely touch it.
the formula is nice, moist and not sticky, it melts upon application, so much better than the body shop's lip butter.
i already have a HG homemade lip butter, but i will buy this again just because i love nivea.
it's perfect on it's own, but i take one lippies because it's hard to get and i can only use the original unscented one.