July 29, 2014 | 1635 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I listened to the reviews here on this! Got it for only about $5, & it out-performs MAC's Bare Canvas Paint on me! I've had notoriously oily skin my entire life, including my lids, of course. I've now been wearing this 14 hours under standard everyday conditions (office work, errands, home, etc), & not a single eyeshadow crease in sight! Seriously, looks like I just put on my eyeshadow. MAC lasts me 10 hours max. I'm definitely buying backups of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know I am in the minority but I was disappointed by this product. I found it did pretty much nothing for making my shadow last. I usually use UDPP or ELF Mineral primers. I love both of those. I also like NARS and Bare Escentuals primers though they aren't as long lasting on me as UD and ELF. Lorac also is great for making shadow last but makes shadows hard to blend.

The WnW primer just did nothing. It went on smoothly similar to TSFI (which also does nothing for me). It didn't feel or act like glue as other reviewers have described. Shadows blended easily and looked good. However, my shadows faded significantly after about 4 or so hours. I get all day wear with my usual primers. I actually think the shadows may have lasted longer on their own than with this primer. The colors also became slightly muddy looking as they faded.

If I find the receipt, I will return this. It's not even worth the $5 to play around with it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok are people paying Urban Decay more money for something that they can get $4. This stuff is really good and does exactly what UDPP does. If you haven't tried this then you really need to asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Koala25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this primer! It is such a great value, a fraction of the price I was paying for Urban Decay's primer potion. And it honestly works better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

I don't write reviews very often, but this product blew me away. I have tried several different eye shadow primers, but this is by far the best for me. I have extremely oily eyelids. Crazy oily! UDPP worked well, but I found it hard to blend shadows over it. I liked NYX HD eye shadow primer fairly well too, as well as the mineral primer from ELF, but this works far better than either of those. It has a slightly thicker feel to it, and just seems to hold back oil more effectively.

This comes in a squeeze-tube package, which is okay, but the product does tend to separate a bit. I shake the tube well and knead it a bit to mix it before I open it. I use a teeny tiny dot spread over my whole eyelid, and let it set for a few minutes. Eyeshadows blend easily over this. I have used this quite a few times now, and always with great results, but yesterday was a real test. I applied my eye shadow at about 5:30 in the morning, and when I looked in the mirror at 8 last night, it was not only still visible, but still matte and not creased at all. For me, that is truly amazing!

If you do not have truly oily lids, I would think this might be too drying. However, if your lids are a greasy mess an hour after washing your face, give this a try. The packaging is just okay, but you absolutely cannot beat the effectiveness, and the price is amazing for what you get. Very surprised but extremely pleased to get this level of quality from Wet N' Wild! Will absolutely repurchase this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lunazul5333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer based on the reviews here on MUA. It was the first primer I ever used so I didn't know what to expect. I am 51 years old and the skin of my eyelids tends to be dry and crepe-y. I wanted something that would smooth out the skin and make eye shadow more uniform and long-lasting. This primer has a very tacky consistency so that it pulled at the skin when I was trying to smooth it out. My eyelid skin is so dry and the primer so sticky that it turned out a lumpy mess that actually accentuated my wrinkly, crepe-y skin. Putting powder shadow over it made things far worse. I couldn't leave the house like that so I attempted to remove it with eye makeup remover. I have to say that this primer has staying-power! I couldn't get the mess off! Had to start all over with washing my face.

That said, this MAY be a great primer if you have oily eyelid skin and no fine wrinkles. But for me, it was not a good experience.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer a primer that allows me to blend shadows and doesn't catch on my eyelashes. Sadly, this one just didn't cut it.

This one to its credit did not crease on me, but the heavy texture didn't allow the eyeshadow to really shine through. In fact it really toned down the sparkle of a Wet n Wild eyeshadow and made it very difficult to blend out the colors.

After less than a month of usage, I found that the tip of the tube was clogged up due to the really gunky texture of the primer as well. At this point I was duly unimpressed and tossed it in the trash.

Honestly, I would only recommend this primer to those with very very very oily eyelids - the kind that creases with UDPP or TFSI. This stuff is hardcore, I'll give it to you that. Even if you rubbed hard or splashed yourself with water the eyeshadow wouldn't move. And that's great for a primer, but if it's desaturating the eyeshadow, then what's the point?

I've since upgraded to NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base, a far more flexible and light-weight eyeshadow primer that doesn't cling to my lashes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

I bought this after reading reviews here. I have been trying to wear some more glittery shadows and they wouldn't stay put. This primer works really well. It goes on smoothly and allows for a smooth application of shadow. Also keeps colors true and blended. I got the "For My Prima's" one. I had no idea there were different ones. I can't see that making a difference anyway. I've tried Laura Geller's primers before this. Which was more in a solid creme formula. That was ok. This is better. Not drying at all. I also tried Too Faced Glitter Glue. I didn't care for that one at all and it was more expensive. I really like the packaging on this one too. Just a really great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first foray into using eyeshadow primer so I wasn't too sure what my expectations should be.

First off this product behaves really weirdly in the packaging. When you first get it it leaks whenever you open it. It's like there's a pressure build up and product just comes out of the tube. It's really annoying bc a lot of product gets wasted. For me this happened for like an entire month before it stopped.

Secondly, this product makes my lids burn. For the record UDPP also makes my lids burn as well. It's not incredibly painful just... Noticeable. And weird.

I did notice using it that my shadows did not crease and lasted all day, which obviously that didn't happen when I was using no primer so that was a plus. And since I had no basis for comparison I just assumed this was a really good primer and was doing its job.

Over the summer I bought the naked basics palette-- and returned it like a week later all frustrated bc the colors were "poorly pigmented, chalky, dragging across my lids, not applying color evenly and just generally not 'popping'" like I felt they should.

Long story longer I received the naked 2 palette around the Christmas holiday- and started using it daily and LOVING IT. But by this point I was using a different primer (MAC painterly, occasionally my sample size UDPP). Anyway it didn't make any sense how much I suddenly was loving the formula of UD eyeshadow when I hated the basics palette so much just months prior.

I repurchased naked basics, for science. And started using it with painterly-- and OMG I was so wrong the color payoff is terrific and the formulation is incredible.

I feel like such a jerk that I returned it some months back. It wasn't the eyeshadow-- it was the primer. Wnw fergie primas primer.

So in short:

Pros:
Eyeshadow will not crease
Eyeshadow will last entire day

Cons:
Package leaks
Burns my lids
Is expensive for wnw (I paid $6)
Makes eyeshadow "drag" across lids for patchy application
Colors look "dead". This primer does nothing for making the colors pop

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by what2pilon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best primer out there. I have tried everything...Urban Decay, Two Faced, Nars, Benefit and Lorac - I crease after about 4 hours with them all. I have even used primers with Mac Paint pots or Mabelline Color Tatoos under my shadows and I still crease. I do not crease at all with Wet'n'Wild. As the ultimate test, I wore the Wet'n'Wild primer without a paint pot or colour tattoo underneath and my shadow lasted all day. This is unheard of for my lids. Kudos to Wet'n'Wild!