November 23, 2014 | 1100 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

I got this in berry persistent. The swatches I found online looked very nice but actually on me it was very patchy. My bottom lip somehow got darker/more color than the upper lip & I have never had this issue with any other gloss, stain or lipstick

I'm not sure if it is just this color but there is a fruity scent to it that I don't mind.

The texture is really goopy & sticky. It only looks good after 2-3 layers. However, it does NOT look like the color in the tube at all. I have to let it settle for a bit before adding another layer or pressing my lips together or the color moves

I wanted to like this. It isnt terrible & I will use it but I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

11/04/2013
I bought "Lilac Ever After" over the weekend and my first impressions are very mixed. So far:

1) Packaging is elegant and appears durable but not practical.

2) I like the applicator. I have slender "kitten lips" and this applicator allows me to apply product without hitting skin around my mouth. I'd say it's one of the best, most precise applicators I've ever used.

3) Product itself has nice texture -- very lightweight and non-sticky. It glides on, "sets" and wears pretty well. Several hours. ALSO, I ate spaghetti and meat sauce while wearing this. Despite several napkin blots, the light glossy color held on to my lips. It's not SUPER SHINY like more traditional lip gloss, but it definitely shines.

4) I've noted other consumers have complained of dryness. I haven't experienced that BUT I DO moisturize my lips with a light mauve tinted balm prior to applying lip color, so that might offset product dryness.

5) Here's the "dealbreaker" -- Unattractive, inaccurate colors. I purchased "Lilac Ever After" and it's not lilac, rosy, pinkish, purplish, or anything remotely resembling lilac. It looks like a soft, cool mauve in the container but it sets to a very obvious peachy nude. I have cool undertones, so this color "drains" my face and makes me look tired and sallow. I'm considering exchanging it for an alternative color, but I'm unsure a new cool color will be any less warm/peach/orange. UPDATE: I've found that layering application makes the product closer to its designated color. Still... Even layered this really doesn't look lilac or cool-toned to me. I look less "washed out" due to the deeper color but the finish doesn't look like gloss or stain, it looks like shiny creamy lipstick.

I suspect L'Oreal deliberately produced this product in inferior, inaccurate colors to steer customers to YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain (the "high end" equivalent selling for $34). Perhaps these are more color true? I've not sampled them so I couldn't say, but I've CONSIDERED checking them out to see if I can get a better color.

This annoys me, and it doesn't help that the L'Oreal stain isn't exactly cheap.

11/17/2013 --

I tried another color -- Stubborn Plum -- and liked it better. It applied more a pale-medium fuchsia pink than plum -- again! Poor color consistency! It lasted pretty well and left a natural, rosy pink stain. Didn't dry my lips out and it layers well. If I'd bought this one first, I'd probably be reasonably satisfied with the product, but I still think the color issue is a problem.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Rea24

Okay, seriously, this is the worst I have ever experienced with lip stains. It made my lips become so dry that I had to exfoliate my lips to get rid of dead skin. For 15 minutes in the morning I was just rubbing them off, it was really bad. And once they were all off, I could feel my lips stretching and my skin almost peeling off again. I had to put tons of Nivea and other lotion to keep it from getting ripped again :(
I really hated this product. I will NEVER EVER buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MeghanSimon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!! I have this in the lilac, red, and berry and they are my absolute favorites. The red is absolutely beautiful and you. An build the colors up from a sheer color to very bold. They last all day, aren't sticky or bad tasting don't transfer terribly. The color is true to what you see but at its most built up. The berry persist looks like a scary purple but with only one application it's really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In the drugstore department, this is the best lipstain/gloss!!

I bought it in shade 300 Juliet. It is a red/pink which was exactly was I was looking for because I dont like a full, extreme red lip on me.

I wear this and it last for hours! Through drinking, eating, and time through the day. It really stains my lips.

The color is vibrant and true. Its also shiny. In my opinion, it could be shinier, but that's just me! I like extreme shiny/glittery things so this is perfect who wants an in between matte/shiny.

It is a bit drying and can emphasize the dry skin on a persons lips, but just put lip-balm before or after.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How happy was I when accidently found this wet shine stain in lilac ever after #185.
But little did I know that the color in the package and the actual color differ significantly.
I bought it at CVS. And even though they are very strict with testing their products I opened it, looking around like a bandit and trying to be inconspicuous as much as I could. Fortunately it wasn't sealed, none of them was ( I checked 3,4, may be they come like this) and swatched it on my wrist. The color on the tube and the swatch were exactly what I was looking for: cool toned lilac nude. You can see small particles of shimmer in the tube but not on the lips that much.
I tryed it at home and was happy again. My lips looked naturally pale in a nude way and wet. They looked like there's no color on my lips, exactly what I wanted. But when i came back to the bath room in a couple of minutes and saw my lips in the mirrow i coudnt beleive the way the color had changed. The color warmed up to the pinkish mauve almost berry like.
I have so many pinkish lip sticks, glosses that this was exactly what I was NOT looking for. I am very disappointed with the color I got and drug store doesn't make it easy. I don't know whay they don't keep one product as a tester. I personally would shop more there if they let people test. I have three or four lip glosses and lip stick which I don't use because the color turned out different and I don't like to return things especially when they are from drug stores. Sorry for whining! Instead, I will head straight to sephora full of testers.
....................................................
I have to add that I liked the product itself. The name itself says that it is a wet stain not a gloss. And it does give your lips wet sensation and wet look right after application. But unfortunately these sensation doesn't last long. It can be drying especially in winter that's why I apply it on top of my lip balm. The color lasts quite long I think 4, 5 hours definitely, which is good for stain. It can be applyed sheer or you can build it and get more color considering the way this particular shade changes. It had very light fragrance nothing irritating.
I would recommend it but check swatches and reviews before buying otherwise you can get what you don't expect to get.
I will not buy it again because from the range of colors it offers I liked only lilac ever after and it happened to be nothing close to lilac.
---------------------------------------------------------
Update: it gets very sticky after sometime, plus this lip gloss has some unpleasant taste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I have this in Endless Red, #190. I feel pretty meh about it. The shade is a nice, basic red, and can be more subtle or dark depending on application. I haven't had any irritation with this, but I agree that it can be pretty drying. Staying power is good: the shine part doesn't last as long as I'd like, but the color stays put all day for me. I don't like the tacky feeling the shine part gives me. Scent is minimal to my nose. On the fence over this one: won't buy again simply because I love trying new lip stuff and am not wowed by this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I really enjoy this gloss stain. I have the coral tattoo color which actually shows up much darker on my lips once its applied and set. Instead of being a coral, it appears more of an orange/red. More orange than red. But definitely darker than I expected. Not a bad thing though, just be cautious before purchasing.

For me it stays a long time and keeps glossy through eating and drinking. When the gloss does wear off it leaves a nice stain behind. I would be wary of rubbing my lips together too much though because that can cause the gloss to become patchy. Something to be aware of. I wore this to a music festival because I knew it would stay all day and be no hassle. What I don't like is that the packaging wasn't sealed.. so anyone could have tampered with it. I think its very strange that there's no seal.

Overall, I recommend the darker shades. I'm looking to go back and purchase the red color for the upcoming fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by amdd1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip stain isn't too bad but isn't that great either.

I quite like the smell of it even though others think it's too strong. I have this in "Bonnie", which I bought in NZ and I really love the color. It looks natural once it sets.

Once you know how to work with this stain you can make it look good. You have to make sure your lips are moisturized well enough because it sits within the creases of your lips and will highlight dry cracks. I use a chapstick minutes before application and it sits fine.

It can become splotchy if you don't apply it carefully. I find that it dries quite quickly if you apply a thin layer and can stain only one area so make sure that you apply quite liberally and quickly then remove the excess with a tissue.

I don't think the product is to blame with how drying it is because I find that most lip stains do that in order to prevent transfer.

There's quite a good amount of product within the container so it's not too bad, but it's still quite expensive at NZD$30.

Overall I like it but I would be willing to try other lip stains. The major reason I bought this is because I remembered my mom had an awesome lipstain that she would put on me on special occasions when I was younger and I've been looking for it ever since!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing has EVER made my lips peel like this. Just horrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No