November 24, 2014 | 1605 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

Ooh, I wanted this product to work SO badly. I picked it up at Target, and my guess on a color match (Light) turned out better than I expected. I also got a Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it with, as I didn't have a proper brush and I don't like using my fingers for foundation. I put a little of the product on the back of my hand, swirled the brush in it and then stippled it on with a sort of patting motion, and then used little circles. It applied nicely at first, but became streaky when I tried to blend some places better (like my jawline): disappointing. I put some powder over the top and was pleased with the way it looked, and actually got some comments on my nice complexion that day. :) However, thru the day it felt a little too heavy on my skin, and I also had a weird feeling that it was going to slide off at any moment. I kept using the product off and on for about 2 weeks, but I eventually decided that the streakiness was a no-go. I also noticed that this product balled up, like many foundations with sunscreen. :( Ugh, I wanted this to work sooo badly. It had a nice light/medium coverage and really did look nice (except for the streaking), but given its drawbacks, it wasn't worth continuing to use. The plusses of this product include the packaging (plastic, secure lid, good for travel) and the price ($10 I think?). Not a repurchase. The search for the perfect BB cream continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by BrightWhiteHeart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

With my average (not dry and not oily) skin, most things work just fine--no fuss. I didn't even moisturize my face this morning and this product feels greasy/oily. I didn't wear foundation over it, just the BB cream. Then applied concealer around my eyes (eye primer applied b4 BB cream), blush, highlight, and a setting powder.

I bought Fair. There's a pretty strong sunscreen smell and it has a consistency comparable to Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. At first, I wasn't sure I'd like it. But after blending it in, I was actually excited about this product. The coverage is nice (but I have pretty clear skin so I'm not the best judge there), and the color looked really great!

20 minutes later, in my car, the product and the concealer over it had HUGELY settled into the lines around my eyes and eyelids. Even after using an eye primer! After wiping them away, another 20 minutes went by and there was more settling into my fine lines! I felt like the BB cream just slid the concealer around and into all the places I DON'T want it to settle. Also, I don't think I've had my skin feel THIS greasy since I've worn straight sunscreen. Ick.

Definitely returning this product--ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Awful product. It's got a really lightweight sheer consistency but I couldn't for the life of me get it to apply without streaks. It oxidised in no time at all and felt really greasy on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by yarie21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the worst "BB Creams" in the drugstore, I can't even call it a tinted moisturizer because it's so sheer it doesn't even look like there's anything there. Plus it just made my skin feel sticky and greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ccarp001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever I buy something without checking MUA reviews I live to regret it.
I am very pale - ivory/buff in CS, vanilla in PR - and I bought this in Light. My skin is moderately oily w/ multiple break outs. I've been feeling a bit mask-y lately so I tried this during a BOGO 50% off when I bought more CS.

It initially applied ok and match wasn't horrific. There was more coverage than i expected too; b/t light and med but a little closer to the light end.

By the time I finished getting ready for work I had to repowder myself. Twice. And the original powdering was pretty intense. I quickly turned orange and incredibly shiny throughout the day. My face has never been so reflective. And this stuff also melted through my super strong concealer. I hate to think how terrifying it wd have been without mattifier underneath.

Never done it before but I'm returning this to CVS. Total fail Revlon.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this because a lot of gurus loved it, but when I got it it was good at first, then after a while it got all separated and wouldn't mix together. It got so gross

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

I really wanted to try a bb cream, and wanted one with as much coverage as possible, kind of like a foundation, but without the foundation look/feel. MUA reviews made me think this was the one--drugstore wise.
This was not the one.

Super greasy makeupy feel. I felt like i had to keep washing my hands after I touched my face, and after a few hours the formula totally melted on my face and became blotchy. Also, kind of orange, and I have fair complexion, so I bought the light.

Did nothing for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by KrazaieAzn

The products wasn't horrible. It had decent coverage. The color match was great. Didn't irritate my skin or make me break out or anything. My only problem was it made me look and feel EXTREMELY greasy. For that reason, I threw it out. The greasy feeling would just keep coming back even if I powdered and took an oil blotting sheet to my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this because I felt that my foundation was too thick for the everyday natural look I like. I love Revlon's foundations so thought that their bb cream was the perfect starting point. Plus, it has SPF 30, which was a huge plus.

I found that the shade here was pretty much perfect. It matched my skin tone pretty much exactly. However, it was a very thick consistency. That usually does not bother me, but with this product it just made it hard to blend in. Plus, it just felt very greasy. I suppose that that is a good thing if you have dry skin, as it added so much moisture, but on my combination skin it just made me look oily. I got round this by applying powder over the top to set it, but this defeated the purpose of having natural looking makeup. The formula was so greasy that I struggled to apply tiny amounts of powder. Whilst it did make my face look flawless, I just had wanted something more natural. I never did wear it without the powder: it was just too oily.

I also wasn't too certain about the staying power. I'd go out at 9am, and by time I'd get back at 4pm it had just slicked down my face. It didn't keep my blusher in place too well, either, which was a shame.

Basically, this product wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it didn't have some redeeming factors:
1) if you have dryer skin I imagine that this would add lots of moisture, as even on my skin it did feel very soft
2) If you have time to reapply, then this is perfect. If I had taken the time to blot at lunch and perhaps added a little coat to the areas where it had faded, I'm sure that it would have kept me looking perfect all day long
3) when applied alongside a powder, it leaves your skin looking flawless. Most bb creams I have tried provide a much more natural coverage, which I personally like, but if you are after a thicker coverage from your bb cream then it would be great for you
4) overall, the price was pretty decent. Considering that you are getting such good SPF coverage and a good amount of product, it is a good bb cream for the money
5) it didn't oxidize on my skin, which is always a plus :)

Downsides:
1) Greasy on my combination skin
2) Didn't last too long: would need blotting and reapplying
3) a little too thick for my liking

Two lippies for me, but that is just considering my POV. If the above issues are not important to you then I'm sure that this would be perfect for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by emily8305

Blended well, provided good coverage, and looked great. Fair shade matched my fair skin very well. However, it's very oily, made my skin feel like an oil slick. Also had a pretty strong sunscreen scent that lasted for hours. Not sure if the scent made me think this, but it actually felt like I put normal sunscreen on my face, which is way too harsh for my sensitive skin. Loved the packaging but the product inside didn't seem worth the $9.99 price tag.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No