Maybelline Color Tattoo - Inked in Pink

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

As many reviewers have said, this shade is perfect to throw on when you have no time in the morning, apply with finger-liner-mascara-DONE (w/ the eyes, anyway). I don't usually wear pink on the eyes, but this is a "fleshy" pink, soft & neutral. Worn alone, with primer, it will stay put for 8-10 hrs. Office appropriate, it gives your eyes a subtle sheen; simple, elegant, polished and chic.

I am so glad I picked this shade up! Priceline $12AUD and often on sale for $6-9.

NC20 for reference. What's lovely about this shade is that you're able to use it by itself as a nice wash over the lids to brighten your eyes up when you're looking tired. Inked in Pink did what I thought Barely Branded (BB) would do for me. With BB, my lids would look a little stark and I would always have to contour my crease with a deeper colour. Inked in Pink - I smack this on, eyeliner and lashings of mascara and call it a completed look along with my base. You will look pulled together and effortless! The longevity of this product is fantastic.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD! Put it together with Maybelline's ugly Tough As Taupe and watch this colour transform beyond imagination. It's my everyday colour. Tough As Taupe all over the lid blended out. Blend Inked in Pink on top. If you like complex looking taupes. You might find yourself looking at one with this combination. Don't believe me? Swatch both on top of each other instore.. and blend together.
What I like about this combination is that it looks as if I have taken 15 mins doing my eye makeup with the Naked 3 palette (rosy tones from the Inked in Pink is very similar to Dust/Burnout/Buzz in Naked3... Tough as Taupe very similar to Naked 3 Nooner or Naked 2's Tease).

I have returned my Naked 3 palette.

Edit: 2016 - I have included a picture. The middle shade is ugly Tough as Taupe mixed with Inked in Pink. Bad To The Bronze on one side, Bold Gold on the other side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to for a super quick eye look if I'm in a hurry. I put on an eye primer (though probably not necessary), this from lid to browbone, and blend a darker shadow in the crease for dimension- often the matte medium brown from the lorac pro or even a purple for some color. I love how the pink brightens up the area and makes me look more awake, and it lasts all day. Definitely recommend!

I love this Color Tattoo from Maybelline. The product comes in a durable glass pot with an easy-to-remove screw top. The product itself is creamy and well pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I just apply it with my ring finger. It lasts all day and stays in place. This is a color that can be used as a base for other eye shadows or just worn on its own, as it looks beautiful either way. This is one of my favorite shades and my go to eye shadow almost every morning. I can't wait to try other colors in the Color Tattoo line!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this stuff. So pigmented, easy to put on and lasts forever but is easy to wash off . This is my first Color Tattoo & I love it . I use this on my lid & the brown and white eyeshadow from the blue eye enhancers from cover girl as a crease & highlight . It really makes my eyes pop. Plus you don't need very much so it'll last forever & you can easily build it up for an intense look. Definitely recommend .

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I love every single one of the color tattoos. I may as well have the entire collection, but unfortunately I have missed out on some limited edition colors that did not appear in the drugstores around me. This is definitely one of my favorite colors. I use these cream eyeshadows as a base for my eyeshadow. I have never used one by itself, I just don't like that look. Anyway, beautiful color. I'm definitely not a fan of pink based eyeshadows on my eyes, but, since I did invest in the UD Naked 3 palette, I figured this color would be a HG base for those palette colors; and I was right. You could use these color tattoo cream shadows in so many different ways: eyeshadow, eyeshadow base, liner, highlighter. Even if you don't have an eyeshadow that matches these cream shadows, a similar color will still look just as great over any of these shadows. For example, I use the color tattoo in "bad to the bronze" as a base to UD naked palette bronzed shadows, especially "snakebite." Looks absolutely beautiful. Or, I also use the color tattoo "audacious asphalt" as a base to UD naked palette color "gunmetal" or "pistol." All of these color tattoo cream shadows are worth every penny (I think less than $5 or $6 at Walmart) which are a portion of the paint pots from MAC.. with excellent pigmentation, long lasting wear, and no creasing. Can't say enough good things about these products...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find the color tattoo shades do last and I like the glass pot they come in, reminds me of benefit cream shadow. You get a lot too so it lasts. I have been into nude looks lately. I like this shade of pink since it's warm toned . Being metallic it does look a bit crepe on my lids.So it's not a fave. I never love cream shadows because of creasing but this product is decent. Currently I wear this shade with nude pink blush and lips. I apply with smalll concealer brush, I find with brush less smears on my lashed than with my fingers. But fingers work fine.The metallic sheen just ends up making it unflattering on me. I find it hard to find flattering pinks that aren't too light in DS.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh my...defintely one of my TOP favorite shadows now. That is a huge feat in itself because I own literally 300+. This is gorgeous and stays put. Color is a very pretty cupcake pink IMO and is so creamy. Brightens my eyes immediately and ppl comment on how awake I look (I am a mom to a disabled child and rarely sleep much). This is a very nice and easy shadow to have.

I do not have problems with creasing with it and when paired with a powder shadow on top in pink it just becomes intense. LOVE IT!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I left another review for these color tattoos under pomegranite punk which I also like. This shiny light pink is so pretty on the eyes. I use a flat brush to apply, color is buildable. Once it dries, it's not budging until I wash my face. I use purity at night as a face cleanser & it takes it right off. I've had no irritations with either colors. I don't use a primer when I use these since I work quick & get my powders on before the tattoo dries. Again the shine accentuates eye lid creases. I enjoy it and am happy with my purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE: I find that these dry out really fast and the consistency changes so much that I can't use it anymore. It catches on to some parts of the eyelid and makes the area look very dry. Won't be repurchasing.

So happy I picked this shade up! 'Inked In Pink' is a neutral rosey-pink that I wear as an everyday all over the lid colour. I have 3 of the original shades but the formula of this new collection is so much more creamier and surprisingly creases less than the originals! It is pigmented, long-lasting & so easy to apply. I like to add a similar powder eye shadow on top to add more dimension and prolong the wear of it even more. Highly recommend Maybelline's Color Tattoo's.