April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok ever since L'Oreal discontinued my favorite Lash Out mascara and I got sick of my usual L'Oreal Voluminous clumping I have been on a quest to find the perfect mascara and I think I may have found it with The Rocket!!!! Lately I have been using Maybelline Full 'N Soft as my new HG mascara and I really do love it because it lengthens and separates my lashes and still offers volume with zero clumps but it is more of a natural look which I do prefer for daytime but I have been looking for a mascara that delivers a more dramatic look for evening and The Rocket really offers that and has replaced L'Oreal Voluminous in my book.

I have tried Falsies by Maybelline and I actually think this mascara is far superior! This mascara really offers dramatic volume as well as length but it does not get too clumpy, finally a volumizing mascara that does not completely clump up and actually separates my lashes as it volumizes!!!! The formula is just about right it is not too wet (like most other volumizing mascaras) but obviously not too dry either so I do get a coat on my lashes and I can build them up into voluminous dramatic lashes! This mascara really offers everything because it gives you pretty dramatic volume, it lengthens, and it separates all without ever getting super clumpy which is a plus because I hate clumps! Plus because this formula isn't too wet it also holds a curl which is great considering most volumizing mascaras cause my curl too droop! Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start out saying that I have naturally nice lashes-- long, fairly voluminous and pretty curly. I don't have to curl my lashes on a regular basis so I can't speak for the curl-holding ability of this mascara. However, I'd say that this is a nice mascara. It lengthens my lashes, gives nice volume and NEVER clumps or gives me spider-lashes and it never flakes. It's not difficult to remove and it doesn't run or smudge.

Is it my favorite mascara ever? No (I've been spoiled by high-end ones such as Lancome Doll Lashes (my all-time favorite) and Chanel.) But it's a good drugstore mascara. Probably one of the best.

I'd also like to add that I like to layer this with Maybelline's Volume Plush or whatever it's called (the teal one.) I apply Plush first (thinly because it has a tendency to go to spider-lashes territory) and then The Rocket and bam, flirty, volumized lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by misanders

There are good and bad things about this mascara, but honestly I've purchased this at least 3 times so it's not that horrible. The good is it keeps my lashes curled and they look good. The bad is I hate these rubber brushes, they hurt my eyes when I use them. The other problem is this is very hard to take off. I always feel like I got waterproof by mistake, it is that hard. So this is a mascara I use when I have a long day or somewhere special. I cannot use this everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

On a bad note:

I was curious about this mascara for quite a time. I really liked Maybelline's "Falsies" and this Rocket mascara had quite promising claims to it: to volumize, separate and all that jazz.

As soon as I opened my mascara - I noticed that the brush bristles are damaged in some parts of the wand. The mascara tube that I got was already with the brush inside of the product (not the one where you put the brush inside of mascara yourself).

The texture of this mascara is quite wet and the brush never helped with clumps. On the contrary it was always terribly clumping my lashes even with thin first coat strokes. To make it work for me - I was going through my lashes with the eyelash comb brush to minimize the mess.

Yet the brush of this - is a total disaster. And it might take some time to take this product off (I used a non-waterproof version).

On a good note:
1. This mascara lasted me quite a long time, considering I tried to use it together with my comb brush nearly every day for several months
2. The pigmentation is great and I haven't had any fall out
3. I have a non waterproof version - yet I happened to cry couple of times with this on and it didn't smudge all over my face (luckily)
4. Once the mascara was opened for couple of weeks - it started having a less wet texture which I fund made the application and result better

Result: Rocket mascara could be a better product if it had a different wand and slightly less wet texture. It is an okay product for a drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its so far the best mascara i have tried, it volumises and make my lashes look really nice . It doesn't not lengthens so still on the hunt for a good mascara that lengthens my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Chimpo178

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first this was a most have then after it made my lashes soooo dry and clumpy . It does lengthen and volumize but it's not worth the clump

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst mascaras. I red so many good reviews, that I went and bought it. What a dissapointment. I was so convinced it's gonna be good... It's so flaky, clumps up like crazy! It takes long time to dry. This is the only mascara that I apply, and then wait few minutes until it dries, careful not to close my eyes too tight. It smudges. And another weird thing is to remove it - it comes of flaky, stringy or something. Just bad mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pamelabethga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I did love the Jordanna mascara and still do, however, I was starting to notice that my eyelashes had no volume. No real length. They were dark and dramatic but not very flirty. If that makes sense. I definitely to purchase a volume mascara and THIS ONE has been purchased at least four times. It does have a tendency to clump so I use the Rimmel Accelerator to lengthen and define the lashes. Best combo ever. If that is too much work, I will just use Jordanna but honestly, I have received so many compliments on my "perfect" lashes, that I have started using Maybelline Rocket & Rimmel Lash Accelerator together every day!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by SUBAi

I didn't like this mascara. I have short thin lashes. This mascara drooped them right after I curled them. So after they drooped I had to re-curl my lashes a couple times for them to stay which ended up ripping out a lot of lashes, therefore it's a really big hassle everyday. It smudged a lot after 2hrs and clumped a bit. It was a WASTE of $$$

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by moh10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Luv this mascara it totally volumizes your eye lashes. I Luv the color black and pretty