November 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

Having got at least 3 different mascaras on the go (bit wasteful I know) I am now on my 2nd tube of this mascara (the others are Clarins Be Long (which is nice for everyday wear) and Elizabeth Ardens Beautiful mascara which is Ok I suppose) as this is my ultimate favourite. My eyelashes are average I suppose, neither long or short, but with this on they really stand out. Yes, it is pricey but I don't mind forking out a bit more if a product performs well and in my opinion, on me, this does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! One of my HG mascaras. The price is steep, but what else do you expect from Chanel...right? It has the same concept as "They're Real" Benefit Mascara. Tiny bristles that catch every lash. The mascara formula is right in the middle. Not too watery or too thick. I can get great volume from two coats, but three coats gives me that false lash look. Besides the price tag, this product is fantastic.

NOTE***

Carson's/Bon-Ton stores have GoodWill sales where everything in the store is 20% OFF including make-up. I suggest looking out for a sale like this and then go to the Chanel counter to pick one of these up. I only tried this because of the sale, and I'm glad I went for it. Now, I stock up whenever there is a 20% off sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased a sample off e-bay and will soon be purchasing Diorshow to compare.

It does add volume and makes my lashes look more dramatic which I like. I have fairly long lashes and have come to realize I prefer volume mascaras and I cant stand "spidery lashes". The only thing that I am not sold on is that it does not seem to hold a curl for long which is important to me. If I find a similar product that can hold the curl Chanel is out however if not I would consider repurchasing.
I found it a bit difficult to wash off but comparable to other dramatic mascaras and I don't care for mascaras that come off easily anyway as it seems to extend to other areas, transfer, rain, etc.
If you like dark, thick lashes I'd give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Like the formula but the brush and barrel are too big for my scrawny, fragile little lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago a makeup artist gave me a tip for applying mascara, especially when it is new. After you remove the brush from the tube, blot off excess with a paper towel. While this sounded wasteful to me, but it turns out it is quite effective, especially with volumenizing mascaras. You still get the thickening effect but much less globbing.
I love the way it looks - it's so dark it makes my eyes pop. And I've never had a smearing problem. It comes of easily. It does flake a little upon application but I've never had any flaking problem later in the day.
I work for Macy's so I get it with my store discount. Otherwise, I don't think I would buy it again - it's too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Nicolecla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hello spiderlashes.... I did not spend this amount of money to end up with four lashes per eye! I have very full and long lashes, and I also have quite a lot of them. The only thing this mascara did for me was to clump them all together.

The brush is kind of terrible, which I think is what makes the lashes clump together. I'm not too happy about the super-wet formula either.

I'm hoping I'll like it better when it dries out a bit more, because as of right now I really hate it. Not a product I would say Chanel should put their name on.

The two only thing they got right: the mascara is super black, and the packaging is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday hoping it would be as wonderful as reviewers said it was. Still looking for a perfect mascara, I spent the $41.44 willingly. Well, although it's good, it's not perfect for me. I can see how it could be if someone already had long lashes. It was said to work with only one coat, but it didn't.

Pros:
- very black
- nice consistency
- not as spidery looking as 3 coats of other mascaras
- does a better job than most products on lower lashes
- brush is easy to use
- lashes can be built up carefully without looking too fake

Cons:
- one coat does not do the miraculous job it did for some people
- it did flake when I put it on, but after wiping off the flakes it didn't flake again
- didn't make my lashes spectacular or extra long
- costs as much as ten regular mascaras on sale

I'm giving this 4 stars because it is the best mascara I currently own, better than Diorshow Iconic Overcurl which cost almost as much.

Edit May 6, 2014: I have since tried out numerous new mascaras including Hypnose Star, and they were all failures compared to this. I may not find this to be perfect, but it is better than everything I've tried so far. It's just not the ultimate.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh my goshhh.. isn't this like the best mascara ever!!!! got a sample 2013 Thanksgiving and have it still , April 2014. Its so black yet so volumizing and lengthening. Doesn't clump my lashes together, doesn't make them hard and unbearable to take off, don't flake. The best mascara I'v ever used. Always get compliments about my eyelashes when I wear it .

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

This mascara creates an impact not only with volume, but depth of color. This is an intense black. I feel comfortable wearing no liner with this mascara. Only negatives are price and how wet the product is, especially when the tube is new. It gets better, but I found it hard to deal with a first (almost gave up). I've concluded you have take the good with the bad since the wetness gives you time to work with your lashes and the curl holds. My lashes have a mind of their own apparently need a bit more product to hold the shape I build.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best Mascara I have ever used. It volumizes and thickens lashes perfectly. I even got complimented by a girl that worked at Sephora and she asked me if my lashes were real. Worth every penny!