Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 1/3/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One word: WOW. Chanel, you've done it again -- this mascara absolutely blew me away. Before this product, I'd pretty much given up on mascaras completely. I have short, unforgiving Asian lashes that can't hold a curl when mascara is applied. I've tried almost every Dior mascara, some other high-end brand products, as well as many drugstore... Nothing's worked; all the products either clumped, smeared, or didn't do much in terms of length or volume. Le Volume, however, totally changed my frustration. I received two small sample tubes after purchasing a different Chanel product, and needless to say it's now a staple in my beauty routine. Just one coat makes all the difference, but it's totally buildable -- you could go for a natural look or something more dramatic I'd assume (if your lashes are longer/thicker than mine). It doesn't clump, it doesn't weigh down my lashes, and it lasts quite a long time without smearing. I wholeheartedly recommend this product ugh I AM SO IN LOVE. The price is definitely steep, but for me it's worth it. I'm convinced this is the only mascara out there for me.

on 12/31/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The first few uses are awful, when first opened the mascara is very wet. After a couple weeks it becomes a perfect texture.
It's true that there is a lot of excess product on the wand, but that is the point with a volumizing mascara. The trick is don't put the wand back in. I can do 2-3 coats on each eye (without dipping the brush back in the tube) and I still have enough left on the brush for more! Love how it can really curl the lashes upwards. Fantastic length and volume. Only con for me is that it flakes :( Personally I find Jordana best lash extreme more affordable and similarly dramatic. (And it doesn't flake!)

on 12/30/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The "brush" on this stuff is so horrible, I wouldn't even know if the formula was amazing. It's like applying mascara with a spatula because the brush barely has any bristles and absolutely none at all on the last three or so millimeters (those little end bristles are what gives you that pretty, fanned out look, so without them all you get is blobs of mascara on your outer and inner corners). My lashes are long and naturally curly and the lack of bristle just caked on the mascara with no definition whatsoever. The end result was two giant blobs of eyelash on each eye...not a pretty look. It looks fabulous on my sister and it obviously has some really great reviews, so maybe it's just me.

on 12/27/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

By far my favorite mascara, and I have tried a lot! One coat it lengthens and thickens my lashes. I bought it over 2 months ago and it is still going strong! Wonderful product, I highly recommend it!!
I have the Guerlain cils d' Enfer and it isn't as nice !!

on 12/26/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, over the years, I have become a mascara connoisseur, mainly because I have such fine and short eye lashes! Therefore, I have tried just about every single mascara from the $6.00 drugstore brands, to the $35.00 Saks Fifth Avenue & Nordstom sales person's most highly recommended varieties. I have found that when it comes to mascara, you pretty much get what you pay for. Chanel's Le Volume De Chanel, happens to be one of the best out there in terms of non-clumping, lash fullness, and dramatic-look effects. It costs a little more..on the high-end of the price spectrum at approximately 35.00, but to me, way worth it!

on 12/23/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara ever! I look like I have fake lashes. This mascara is a must and is worth every penny!

on 12/19/2014 12:51:00 PM

I'm on my fourth tube of this mascara. I've never bought a fourth (duplicate) of any cosmetic product before. This is the product I always come back to. I recently tried the new It-Lash by Dior and in no way did it compare to holding a curl and creating volume to Chanel...so I'm back again.
This mascara does it all: creates length and volume, can hold a curl all day, doesn't smudge/flake (once dry) and is a great lash defining shade of black. My only complaint is that it can be a little 'wet' upon the first few applications and sometimes that can lead to smudging under the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes can touch my skin as the mascara takes a little bit longer to dry during this time. This isn't a big deal to me b/c I just make sure to wipe down my want thoroughly the first few application times and fan my lashes a few times to help speed up the drying process.
The price of this product is pretty steep - over $30 usd, but to me, it's worth it. Mascara is my favourite product and the one thing I'll wear w/every look, including a 'no make up look'. The packaging might explain the price a bit, too. It's a sleek, black tube w/the Chanel 'C' logo on the top on the cap. When you close the product, you feel a 'snap', indicating the tube is securely closed. At first I thought it was a bit 'gimmicky', but I noticed the longevity of these mascaras seem to exceed the standard '3 month' rule - about 6 months or so of daily usage. It doesn't even need a refresher by running it under warm water to revive the product.
It does take a little bit of effort to take this product off. I generally do it by first rinsing my eyes with warm water to sort of 'melt' the product off, then washing thoroughly w/my face wash (which gently removes make up product). I finally finish with using a make up remover that you don't have to rinse off (I switch between Chanel Bi-Phase and Clinique Take Off the Day) to remove any make up residue. I notice (and really like) that this mascara really clings to my lashes and get best removal results by using warm water to remove first. It helps to break down the product better than by soaking a cotton pad in eye make up remover and holding for 30 seconds or so. Also, doing so daily would irritate my sensitive eyes.
All in all, I highly recommend this product - it does everything I want a mascara to do. I know it's pricey, but if you break it down, you're spending pennies a day and you can always try to purchase it at a store where they have a generous return policy so you can at least take it for a test run.

on 11/23/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Believe the hype! I held off from buying this forever; I thought it would be yet another overpriced mascara with a wet, clumpy formula. I finally caved today and it is nothing short of amazing. This is the first mascara I've EVER used (I've tried almost every one) that truly requires only one or two coats (one for a gorgeous fan of flirty lashes; two for a dramatic, lush fake lash look). I was previously using Maybelline's waterproof Pumped Up! Colossal mascara and using my same old application technique: alternating from wiggling the mascara wand at the base of my lashes for volume, then swiping from root to tip for length, then repeating several times. I have done this again and again with different mascaras, and thought that was just the way you had to apply mascara to get a voluminous, lush effect. NOT the case with Le Volume- you just comb a coat on and you're done! Thirty dollars is a lot for a mascara, but this is the only one I've ever found that you don't have to "work" with or apply a certain way. It also doesn't flake or smudge (a problem I always have, which is why I have only used waterproof formulas 99% of the time). I hope they never discontinue or change this.

on 11/3/2014 7:49:00 AM

This is the best mascara I have ever used, yes it's expensive but I no longer need to use false eyelashes for a night out! This mascara along with using ardell which helps your lashes grow long my lashes look fuller, longer which out clumping. I had a sample size but will be buying a full size mascara.

on 10/25/2014 3:49:00 PM