November 26, 2014 | 1954 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm thinking about returning this for a number of reasons. First, it's boring. I figured that would be a good thing and I could use it for travel, but it's just... so... dull. I never know what to do with it so I end up with the same eye look every time I use it. Second, the lightest shade is far too yellow for my skin tone which is extremely frustrating. Third, the colors don't blend well on my lids even after trying multiple primers. Fourth and last, the smell is god-awful. Mine smells of cat pee and it's just disgusting, especially when you're using the mirror that comes in the compact.
This palette is just too expensive for me to justify so I think I'll probably return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

Hello, gorgeous!! I waited to get this for so, so long. I thought; "You have enough neutral eye palettes to last a lifetime, why do you need this??" I also wondered if the shadows would show well on my fair complexion. I took the plunge and have never been more impressed. I've used nothing else since I bought this over 6 months ago (!) and I've discovered so many added bonuses. First off, the size is heavenly! I can throw this in purses, travel kits, clutch bags, you name it! The shades are such fantastic multitaskers: Venus as an all-over face highlighter, Foxy as an under eye concealer setting powder, Faint as a brow powder, Crave as an eyeliner. The formula is so luscious and buttery. It lasts all day, looks chic and can be nude or smokey. My perfect world wish is that I could add a shimmery pink color and a bronze shade. But seriously this little baby is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by blushbeauty18

This palette is the best thing in the world! I have been wanting it for so long and was super excited when I got it and tried out every color. Plus you can totally pair the colors perfectly together!!I do not have any regrets on buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

This was one of the first eye shadow pallet I bought when I was getting into eye shadows. I didn't want to get anything too shimmery because I didn't feel I was ready for that, and this purchase was an amazing choice. Even after branching out to different ones this palette is still a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Five mattes and a satiny shimmer in a travel sized palette which is perfect for carrying about all day for touch ups or for taking on holiday. I love my naked two palette but wished it had more mattes and now this perfectly complements it. I have used it everyday for the last ten days for natural, everyday looks but it is equally great for a smoky eye. The mirror is a good size and the eyeshadows are full size.
The colours are very light. I would have preferred an entirely matte palette as Venus does get used but I prefer bootycall from naked two on my blueish skin tone. Foxy is a repeat which annoys me a bit as a different colour such as a taupe would have been better and also foxy is a tad yellow for me. However W.O.S is a great base colour and evens out the purpley blue tinges on my lids and provides a lovely canvas for eye makeup. Naked is the perfect crease colour and is so buildable so can be natural or dramatic. Faint and crave are are great for using in the crease for more intensity and as liners.
Handy palette to have. Wearable colours. Great longevity. Value for money.
I like to use W.O.S on my whole eye, naked in the crease and faint in the outer v with bootycall as an inner highlight and chopper or YDK in the centre of my lid. Works for me and not too ageing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by missshenzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette is so simple yet so diverse. The colors blend beautifully! I feel I can do my best eye makeup with this palette. Because the colors are matte they are perfect to do a daytime smoky eye... even use this to shape my eyebrows. I reach for this everyday when getting ready, A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Samfricano

Best travel eyeshadow pallette out there. Completely worth buying I use this product every day! Has 5 neutral colors perfect for natural daytime looks and the size is perfect for traveling. The colors are very pigmented and you get a lot of product as well. I've had it for over a year and haven't hit pan yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Chloejud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift, and it's AMAZING!
At first, I was a little bumbed that the shades weren't colorful, but you can do so much the neutral colors (a basic look, a soft wig, a smokey eye...)
I'm just in love with this palette, and I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am SO glad I bought this little palette!

For the most part, I'm very low maintenance (read: lazy) with my makeup - I don't often even wear eyeshadow because it ends up taking me a while to perfect - but it is SO easy to achieve a number of beautiful looks with this little palette.

This palette has enough variation to work for a number of skin tones as there are six neutral shades in this palette: "Venus" - a very light neutral with a minute hint of shimmer, "Foxy" - a light matte shade with a neutral/slightly yellow tint, "W.O.S." - a light matte shade with a more pink tone, "Naked 2" - a taupe-y/mink matte shade, "Faint" - a matte neutral medium brown, and "Crave" - a matte soft velvety black.

The shadows are highly pigmented, smooth, and I don't experience any fallout with them. Packaging is super cute - a little mini palette with an almost rubberised feeling to it, secure clasp, and large internal mirror. I think the price is a little high - the Naked Basics palette goes for around 22, and does not include a brush, whereas the full Naked palettes that are both larger and include a brush go for around 37... That said, I did find mine for a lower price on Ebay - I think I paid 13, which to me is a bit more reasonable.

All things considered though, I love this little palette and will probably repurchase :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No