December 18, 2014 | 1657 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it. I use it every day.

Packaging is sleek and tight and not matte. I use mirror for all my makeup routine as it opens wide all the way (not like hourglass ambient light palette). There's lots of product it it. Use it, close it, forget about it till the next time.

Eyeshadow quality is outstanding: highly pigmented, blends like heaven, applies smoothly and does not fall off of the brush even with the fluffiest brush. Can be applied wet (has the same color intensity as applied dry (!)). You get exaclty the color you see. Staying power is also very good. I have very oily eyelids and it does need a touch up during the day as all eteshadows do, so no miracles here.

Overall I am glad that I bought it. I use it for my eyes as well as for countouring and for my brows all the time. It's my go to palette. If you're looking for high quality product in excellent packaging for a reasonable price take Naked Basics!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry for bringing this palette down but it really was a miss for me. This palette leans more cool than warm. The browns in this palette swatch very gray toned for me. Yes, they do come across brown but it leans more cool than it does warm. If you are into cool toned eyeshadows then this palette is perfect for you gals. But I tend to buy eyeshadows that lean more warm brown/neutrals than anything else. I wish this palette would take out the ugly gray browns and put some warm browns instead. Then OMG this palette would've rocked it for me...but sadly it was a return.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for travel with enough shades to create multiple different looks for either day or night. Highly pigmented quality eye shadow with neutral colors capable of producing natural looks or a great smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by breatheonbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a staple for me. i use these colors in conjunction with a few others to create an everyday look. perfect for all over lid (wos), crease (the two browns). brows, highlight (venus)... those alone are amazing for me. i use wos, the brown colors, and venus everyday, and then usually do a liquid liner. when i vary my makeup, i do a different color blended into the crease. nice, basic, easy. foolproof for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm thinking about returning this for a number of reasons. First, it's boring. I figured that would be a good thing and I could use it for travel, but it's just... so... dull. I never know what to do with it so I end up with the same eye look every time I use it. Second, the lightest shade is far too yellow for my skin tone which is extremely frustrating. Third, the colors don't blend well on my lids even after trying multiple primers. Fourth and last, the smell is god-awful. Mine smells of cat pee and it's just disgusting, especially when you're using the mirror that comes in the compact.
This palette is just too expensive for me to justify so I think I'll probably return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

Hello, gorgeous!! I waited to get this for so, so long. I thought; "You have enough neutral eye palettes to last a lifetime, why do you need this??" I also wondered if the shadows would show well on my fair complexion. I took the plunge and have never been more impressed. I've used nothing else since I bought this over 6 months ago (!) and I've discovered so many added bonuses. First off, the size is heavenly! I can throw this in purses, travel kits, clutch bags, you name it! The shades are such fantastic multitaskers: Venus as an all-over face highlighter, Foxy as an under eye concealer setting powder, Faint as a brow powder, Crave as an eyeliner. The formula is so luscious and buttery. It lasts all day, looks chic and can be nude or smokey. My perfect world wish is that I could add a shimmery pink color and a bronze shade. But seriously this little baby is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by blushbeauty18

This palette is the best thing in the world! I have been wanting it for so long and was super excited when I got it and tried out every color. Plus you can totally pair the colors perfectly together!!I do not have any regrets on buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

This was one of the first eye shadow pallet I bought when I was getting into eye shadows. I didn't want to get anything too shimmery because I didn't feel I was ready for that, and this purchase was an amazing choice. Even after branching out to different ones this palette is still a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Five mattes and a satiny shimmer in a travel sized palette which is perfect for carrying about all day for touch ups or for taking on holiday. I love my naked two palette but wished it had more mattes and now this perfectly complements it. I have used it everyday for the last ten days for natural, everyday looks but it is equally great for a smoky eye. The mirror is a good size and the eyeshadows are full size.
The colours are very light. I would have preferred an entirely matte palette as Venus does get used but I prefer bootycall from naked two on my blueish skin tone. Foxy is a repeat which annoys me a bit as a different colour such as a taupe would have been better and also foxy is a tad yellow for me. However W.O.S is a great base colour and evens out the purpley blue tinges on my lids and provides a lovely canvas for eye makeup. Naked is the perfect crease colour and is so buildable so can be natural or dramatic. Faint and crave are are great for using in the crease for more intensity and as liners.
Handy palette to have. Wearable colours. Great longevity. Value for money.
I like to use W.O.S on my whole eye, naked in the crease and faint in the outer v with bootycall as an inner highlight and chopper or YDK in the centre of my lid. Works for me and not too ageing.