November 23, 2014 | 1947 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora after hearing Essiebutton on youtube talk about it. I tried this in the middle of winter when my skin was super parched and awful looking. This serum was like a tall glass of water for my thirsty face. I was very sad when my sample ran out. It is a lot of money to spend on basically a moisturizer, but when winter comes around again I just might have to fork over the cash to soothe my dry skin. For now my skin is happy and moisturized since summer is almost here, at least if I do decide to buy it I won't have to use it all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this product, I use this in the am after washing and my skin feels calmer and smoother, definitely hydrated. Although I have really oily skin it has been dry and tight feeling lately so I tried this, I'm glad I did. The serum is very fluid and one pump covers my face and neck, it sinks right in. I will sometimes mix this serum in with my Vinexpert Firming Serum that I use at night if I need added moisture. And of course it is non-comedogenic which is a must for me, I will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little pricey but certainly worth it if you have dehydrated skin naturally. I apply a tiny pea size amount to my face after cleansing and toning. Its extremely light and absorbs very very fast (the toner probably helps speed this up too - i like to leave the toner damp on my face and apply the serum directly on top). then I follow it with my favourite face cream. The final result is soft, dewy skin with a healthy glow. It looks very natural. Not greasy or heavy at all. Would buy again.
Note: I use Vichy Purete-thermale Soothing Toner for dry/sensitive skin. Its a great alcohol-free toner and pairs very well with this serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lately, my skin has been extra dry and keeps peeling. Traveling has not helped. I have been mixing this at night with a few drops of jojoba oil. I wake up with perfectly happy, hydrated skin. PS: This will not clog pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: smell is divine, texture is very light, absorbs quickly, one of the best packaging I've had

Cons: like another comment said, it goes on pretty fast compared with other serums, probably because of the texture.

I like this product, but overall I could not see that much effect on my dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by beppin14

I'm obsessed with skincare, and serums in particular, but I've never found one like this. Somehow it really calms my skin, and keeps it both hydrated and clear. This isn't an anti-acne product, but it works way better than anything that's supposed to target breakouts for me! LOVE. I'll never go back to anything else. Genuine holy grail product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are sensitive to scents as I am, this is not the product for you. It does works great for travel and keeps the skin Dewey, but I sneeze for 20 min when I use this product.

Back to my homemade blend of water, toner, and oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product & have repurchased, it doesn't over promise & has a shining ingredient list, in fact I think it understates it's great properties. Below is a short summary of the ingredients:

-Grape fruit water, potent antioxidant, 1 of the best anti-aging ingredient, it's can't reverse aged skin, but it can delay it.
-Hyaluronic Acid- great moisturizer
-Glycerin, common emollient, attracts water from air to skin
-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane--more emollients
-Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, tells skin cell what to do (to behave better), especiially good if combined with anti oxidant, which this serum has
-Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate--plant based preservatives, good for people who hate parabens (which I don't really mind)
-Other thickening & bonding agents

Other bonuses:
-Made in France so no animal testing!
-Most ingredients are plant based means less animal derived ingredients.

I took 1 point off packaging because I prefer opage coiner which protects antioxidants better. It is very light weight, ultra moisturizing, sinks in well & quick, makes my less oily, I love it. I really think it would work great for all skin types (especially dehydrated & dry skin) because of it's light texture & anti-oxidant is a all around great ingredient. I recommend to to add another layer of moisturizer unless you have super oily skin.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

another great caudalie product! since i've been using this my skin is not only looking a lot more alive, it's also soothed, less redness and irritation and much finer texture. it just feels really soft. i use it morning and night after my toner and before my any moisturiser. my anyways dry skin also gets really dehydrated in the winter with all the central heating etc and this is helping me combat the effect and avoiding using mineral oil based creams since it preps my skin well for any following moisturiser. if you have sensitive/dehydrated/dull winter skin i highly recommend this serum!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good serum. I bought it twice and sampled before I purchased which I always recommend especially for super sensitive skin. It doesn't irritate me. It actually soothed and calmed my skin down after a particularly bad reaction to LPR Cicaplast. I used it in conjuction with Caudalie's moisturising cream mask which is a great product, to heal my skin. Being very sensitive to perfumed products, I was surprised that the fragrance in this serum didn't cause me any trouble. It does get the hydration level of your skin up within a few days. I typically use it in the morning as I don't like to put on a lot of stuff at night. If you are really dry you may want to put an emollient cream on top, maybe on your dry areas like the cheeks. I sometimes use Allergenics cream for that purpose but once your moisture levels are up, you may not need it. I usually use it on its own. Pressing it on your skin seems to yield better results rather than rubbing it in. It's not cheap but as you need only little it's economical. Caudalie had a recent revamp of their line of products and although I'm not impressed with the change of formulation in some of their products, some good stuff also came out from their renewed line like this serum. Recommended especially for ppl with sensitive, dehydrated skin who dislike heavy products. Pump bottle is a plus.