July 28, 2014 | 2001 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: smell is divine, texture is very light, absorbs quickly, one of the best packaging I've had

Cons: like another comment said, it goes on pretty fast compared with other serums, probably because of the texture.

I like this product, but overall I could not see that much effect on my dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by beppin14

I'm obsessed with skincare, and serums in particular, but I've never found one like this. Somehow it really calms my skin, and keeps it both hydrated and clear. This isn't an anti-acne product, but it works way better than anything that's supposed to target breakouts for me! LOVE. I'll never go back to anything else. Genuine holy grail product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are sensitive to scents as I am, this is not the product for you. It does works great for travel and keeps the skin Dewey, but I sneeze for 20 min when I use this product.

Back to my homemade blend of water, toner, and oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product & have repurchased, it doesn't over promise & has a shining ingredient list, in fact I think it understates it's great properties. Below is a short summary of the ingredients:

-Grape fruit water, potent antioxidant, 1 of the best anti-aging ingredient, it's can't reverse aged skin, but it can delay it.
-Hyaluronic Acid- great moisturizer
-Glycerin, common emollient, attracts water from air to skin
-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane--more emollients
-Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, tells skin cell what to do (to behave better), especiially good if combined with anti oxidant, which this serum has
-Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate--plant based preservatives, good for people who hate parabens (which I don't really mind)
-Other thickening & bonding agents

Other bonuses:
-Made in France so no animal testing!
-Most ingredients are plant based means less animal derived ingredients.

I took 1 point off packaging because I prefer opage coiner which protects antioxidants better. It is very light weight, ultra moisturizing, sinks in well & quick, makes my less oily, I love it. I really think it would work great for all skin types (especially dehydrated & dry skin) because of it's light texture & anti-oxidant is a all around great ingredient. I recommend to to add another layer of moisturizer unless you have super oily skin.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

another great caudalie product! since i've been using this my skin is not only looking a lot more alive, it's also soothed, less redness and irritation and much finer texture. it just feels really soft. i use it morning and night after my toner and before my any moisturiser. my anyways dry skin also gets really dehydrated in the winter with all the central heating etc and this is helping me combat the effect and avoiding using mineral oil based creams since it preps my skin well for any following moisturiser. if you have sensitive/dehydrated/dull winter skin i highly recommend this serum!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good serum. I bought it twice and sampled before I purchased which I always recommend especially for super sensitive skin. It doesn't irritate me. It actually soothed and calmed my skin down after a particularly bad reaction to LPR Cicaplast. I used it in conjuction with Caudalie's moisturising cream mask which is a great product, to heal my skin. Being very sensitive to perfumed products, I was surprised that the fragrance in this serum didn't cause me any trouble. It does get the hydration level of your skin up within a few days. I typically use it in the morning as I don't like to put on a lot of stuff at night. If you are really dry you may want to put an emollient cream on top, maybe on your dry areas like the cheeks. I sometimes use Allergenics cream for that purpose but once your moisture levels are up, you may not need it. I usually use it on its own. Pressing it on your skin seems to yield better results rather than rubbing it in. It's not cheap but as you need only little it's economical. Caudalie had a recent revamp of their line of products and although I'm not impressed with the change of formulation in some of their products, some good stuff also came out from their renewed line like this serum. Recommended especially for ppl with sensitive, dehydrated skin who dislike heavy products. Pump bottle is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by emsyemsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had dry skin forever and am prone to eczema and can develop patches around my eyes if they get watery around hayfever season. I'd try various serums and whilst some like Vichy aqualia thermal were quite good they just never seemed quite hydrating enough for my thirsty skin.When travelling for work in Paris in November in cold weather and my skin getting tighter and more uncomfortable by the day I thought I'd try Caudalie's vinosource range. This serum is amazing my skin has felt normal in a way that I've never experienced before. Even having a cold with a constantly running nose my skin has still not dried out. I can not recommend highly enough for those with sensitive dry skin. Do try with the moisture recovery cream as well for happy moisturised skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

Love love love this product. I have a quite dry skin but sensitive skin. It is so light weight that I didn't know it was doing that much of work at the first week of using it. But I realized that my skin was kind of glowing later and this was the only change in my skin care regime. My skin was more hydrated, no dry patches around my nose or lips but it was not being greasy at all. I don't know what it does, but it hydrates my skin from underneath, kind of feeling - my facial skin feels comfortable!

The smell is divine as well. The packaging is nice too - glass bottle with a pump that gives out perfect amount of product!

Only one con is that it runs out relatively faster than thicker serums cuz I use quite a lot of products - maybe two pumps - at one usage. But it does an awesome job, so I am getting this one again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had a deluxe sample of this, and once I used it up I had to buy the full size! I have dehydrated skin, and in the winter especially it gets pretty bad. This serum feels light, definitely light enough to wear during the day. It's moisturizing enough that I think in the summer I may not even need a moisturizer on top. For now though, a layer of CeraVe cream locks this in, and my skins stays soft and hydrated all day. It smells nice and light, and it sinks in well. It can feel a teensy but sticky, but only if you use too much. I love the pump bottle as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Very light as a serum......almost feels like a regular lotion to my skin....doesn't bother my face but i need something more rich.........