Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.4

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 11/8/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best powder i've used yet!

on 10/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I had used this powder for over a year and while I think it is a good powder, I am upset that Australis chose to state on the packaging that it is oil and fragance free when it actually isn't (I've included the ingredients below). I haven't broken out from this but it contains irritating oils as well as camphor and menthol which aren't something I want to be putting on my face.

I have it in the darkest shade 'Darkest Brown' which would suit I believe up to NC35. A bit of a bummer if you're any darker as Australis doesn't cater to deeper skin tones. I used it to set my makeup and for touch ups during the day in my t-zone. It adds extra coverage on top of my foundation which I liked because it ensures my blemishes and hyper pigmentation marks are covered. It's definitely a medium coverage powder but it can look powdery. It's affordable and the compact lasts a long time even with daily use.

This is also known as a dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Powder which I now use as my everyday powder which in comparison, is NOTHING like this. The finish on this is very matte unlike SF which is a natural satin-matte, this looks more powdery on the skin as well so I find that Studio Fix looks much better in my opinion.

Overall, this is a good powder but not one I prefer over others or want to use anymore.

Here is the ingredient list:

This is the best powder i have ever ever used! it never looks cakey no matter how much you put on, it controls oil, it sets my foundation beautifully, lasts all day long and makes my skin look flawless. i will forever repurchase this because I've never found anything better!

on 10/20/2013 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the best powders I have come across. It provides high coverage as a powder and decent coverage is buffed in and used as a foundation. It creates a matte look to the skin and controls shine for hours! It also never looks heavy or cakey.

The one downside to this powder is the colour selection. It comes in three shades, none of which differ too much from one another. I guess Australis thinks we all fit into fifty shades of medium. However, this can be used as a powder (not foundation) for many people if using a light hand. If you do have a deep skin tone I would say you wouldn't be able to find a colour match.

I would definitely recommend going out and giving this powder a go. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

on 10/19/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A surprisingly good find! I had never even considered using Australis till I saw the good reviews floating around on MUA... It has great coverage (for a full coverage look, I lightly buff this in with a dense brush on top of a light layer of foundation or, I use this by itself for more casual outings with the thin sponge that comes with it) and considering it only comes in 3 colours, it matches my skin tone surprisingly well (I admit it is a little off since my skin is extremely yellow... A bit of light contouring around the perimeters of my face makes it blend though!). As long as you don't go crazy, it won't ever look cakey and the texture is almost like a creamy powder that is very comfortable to wear. For a decent powder under $15 in Australia, it won't hurt to try this!

For reference, I'm fair-medium and warm toned and I use this in deep natural. (The middle colour that is actually not very 'deep' in my opinion...)

on 10/2/2013 2:52:00 AM

This is by far my favourite pressed powder. Very good coverage and similar to mac studio fix pressed powder. For $11 this is amazing quality and would defiantly buy again. However this powder only comes in 3 different shades so if you have a fair skin tone or darker you may not be able to find your perfect match.

on 8/27/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is literally the best powder i have ever used! I can't believe how it can give such great coverage without looking the least bit cakey. it doesn't feel heavy, it's reasonably priced (around $11), it's pigmented (if that makes sense for a face powder) and it doesn't accentuate any fine hairs or lines on the face like a lot of powder products do. Only con to this product is that there is such a limited shade range, i'm very pale and the lightest colour in the range is called 'natural' and it's a tad dark but as long as i blend it down the neck it's fine. Also all the shades (i'm pretty sure there's only about 3 or 4) are warm toned, which also limits the colour options. Because it's a powder and not a liquid foundation though, you can get away with an imperfect shade match.

on 8/15/2013 2:12:00 AM

Exactly the same as the Mac Pressed powder but a quarter of the price.

on 7/15/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

A very cheaply made imported product. I wasted my money on the color natural, I have acquired severe rashes and itching from most Australis products and I do not have sensitive skin, the only good thing was the color. Australis is promoted as an Australian product but the majority of their products are cheaply manufactured and made in a number of Asian countries. Their customer service is really bad. Don't waste your money.

on 7/12/2013 4:03:00 AM

Seems like a nice powder. I consider Australis more as a 'young girls' brand, as the inexpensiveness of the products here make them idea for teenagers, including when I was one.

I have extremely light skin (ivory in colourstay) with a pinkish tone and I think the lightest shade is just a tad too dark/yellowish for my skin unfortunately, which is the reason I won't buy it again. So low rating cause of the lack of range of colours.