Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

2.3

active ingredients purpose avobenzone 2%..........................................sunscreen octisalate 3%..............................................sunscreen octocrylene 3%...........................................sunscreen inactive ingredients water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, acetyl glucosamine, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, dimethicone, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, benzyl alcohol, carbomer, behenyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, cetearyl glucoside, stearyl alcohol, laureth-7, cetyl alcohol, peg-100 stearate, methylparaben, cetearyl alcohol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, peg-4 laurate, peg-4 dilaurate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, peg-4, ammonium polyacrylate, polyacrylamide, iron oxides

on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

On its own- blah! But I mix this with foundation for a tinted moisturiser effect for my everyday routine. On its own (shade medium deep) provides very little coverage of my nc45 toned skin with its occasional post acne hyperpigmentation. But I like the formula for moisturising without causing oiliness or acne. I'm an spf girl so I wear neutrogena spf 55 or 70 underneath as 15 is not enough for me. Maybe I'd buy again as a moisturiser but not expecting "cc" benefits. Will use until finished for sure.

on 7/11/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The coverage is very sheer. I have pretty good skin, it didn't cover the slight under eye redness and few sunspots/freckles that I have...at all. The smell is bad! And it lingers. The smell reminds me of burnt plastic mixed with super cheap sun screen. It's a very chemical type odor.

Pros- Nice packaging with pump dispenser (love)
Price- Good for a drugstore product ~ fair ~ comparable with similar brands.

Cons- As noted above. They far outweigh the Pros. I am unable to use this product.
The smell is intolerable.

Will be repurchasing the The Garnier BB cream.

on 7/9/2013 8:59:00 PM

I received this in one of my beauty boxes so the colour is off - light/medium instead of fair. Light / medium is really dark and orange. This CC cream does not provide a lot of coverage (I would say very light coverage, it does not claim to give a lot of coverage.) It is very oily, so you need powder, I would say even if you are dry skinned. It's slippery as well (not a good thing). It lasted for about 2 hours on my oily skin before it disappeared.

on 6/27/2013 8:29:00 AM

WARNING-review based on scent alone...I received a sample from Costco and was exicited to try it. The young lady pumped a generous amount on the top of my hand. I rubbed it in and thought " wow, feels nice and gives me just the right amount of (light) coverage, NOTE-I don't wear foundation, but do wear concealer. I was SOLD! I grabbed one off the shelf. HOWEVER, as I walked away I smelled my hand and nearly lost my last meal! It smelled of burnt plastic, mixed with cheap 1980s tanning lotion. I quickly turned around and put it back on the shelf and ran to the restroom to wash my hands!

on 5/28/2013 8:17:00 PM

I've only been using this stuff for about a week, so I can't really comment on the anti-aging or long lasting benefits. However, my skin has been an absolute nightmare lately between pregnancy induced acne and hard water drying the beejeezus out of it...and this stuff has really helped with any flakiness I've been having. The coverage is pretty much non-existent so unless your skin is perfect, you're going to need to wear make up over it. I also don't know how this would be on someone with oily skin. I mean, it makes my dry flaky skin look almost shiny so be warned.
The price is what's most off putting for me. It would be one thing if it had more coverage or if I see some great results, but right now it's just a good daytime moisturizer/sunscreen. I'll buy again if I have a coupon or if it's on sale.

on 4/27/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product, I really did. The color and coverage were great, it contained an spf, gave me adequate moisture, decent price, cool packaging and I loved that it's a pump bottle.

The only problem was that it made my face so shiny! About an hour or so after applying, my face looked oily. I'm going to try this product again in a few weeks and see if I get better results the second time around.

on 4/18/2013 9:47:00 PM

I love love love this!!!!! I have tried other bb creams. None compare! Cc creams are targeted for people with oily skin. I can not say enough good things about this!!!! It worked very well and I actually saw improvement in my skin!!!!! This, concealer, and powder!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Olay’s CC Cream is their Total Effects 7-in-1 Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer in a new package. Yes they are the same and the ingredient lists are identical. The packaging is the same too – just with a slightly different graphic. You can find this in your nearest Walmart without the CC on the package. Some packaging will have a big sticker "CC" on the box but if you open the box to look inside, the bottle said nothing about being a "CC" Cream on it at all. It said Oil of Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer, which they have had this moisturizer out for awhile.

So is Oil of Olay trying to sell us the same product by just slapping a sticker on it and calling it "CC" Cream? I've tried a sample once and it's nothing like a proper CC cream or BB cream but looks and feels like a tinted moisturiser.

on 4/1/2013 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually really like this despite the smell. It doesn't bother me too much to make me not use this tho. It moisturizes pretty good on my combo skin and no breakouts so far. It did sting a tiny bit for like a second the first time I tried it but that was it, it doesn't do that any more. It evens my skin tone out wonderfully but I do have a gripe, by the end of the day my oily t zone looks weird...like my pores pushed it back out and its just sitting on top of my skin/oil. I also did not pay full price for this, target had it for $8 so I picked up a bottle than went back for a backup before it hit full price again.

on 3/30/2013 5:31:00 PM

I researched a lot of reviews of this product before purchasing and was really on the fence about it. I have used BB creams before but always had to apply a moisturizer first - the fact that this is supposed to be for more mature skin and didn't need an additional moisturizer or sunscreen made this appealing to me. As I have gotten older, I wear less makeup but still want to look good. I had been using Nars powder foundation (Deauville but it was starting to look bad on some of my dry patches. I was hoping for enough coverage to not have to use concealer, but it is a still little sheer for that. However, I really like the sheerness, it allows my skin to show through but evens tone and gives a nice glow, natural but not iridescent. Does not have that strange grey cast that BB creams tend to give, I am very pale and use the lightest shade - it is a perfect match. Yes, it does have that sunscreen scent but I rather like that. After using it a few weeks, it has improved the condition of my skin and lightened some of the dark spots I had, so I am using less concealer now. The trick to applying it is to pat it on a little thicker than you would foundation, then lightly blend. If you rub it in like you would a normal moisturizer it will disappear and you won't get the benefits. I use Mineral Veil powder to set it. Even my 60-something mom commented on how radiant my skin looked and bought some herself! The price is right, too - all in all very satisfied and would buy this again.