December 17, 2014 | 1716 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this!!!!! I have tried other bb creams. None compare! Cc creams are targeted for people with oily skin. I can not say enough good things about this!!!! It worked very well and I actually saw improvement in my skin!!!!! This, concealer, and powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by BeautyexpertMartha

Olay’s CC Cream is their Total Effects 7-in-1 Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer in a new package. Yes they are the same and the ingredient lists are identical. The packaging is the same too – just with a slightly different graphic. You can find this in your nearest Walmart without the CC on the package. Some packaging will have a big sticker "CC" on the box but if you open the box to look inside, the bottle said nothing about being a "CC" Cream on it at all. It said Oil of Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting UV Moisturizer, which they have had this moisturizer out for awhile.

So is Oil of Olay trying to sell us the same product by just slapping a sticker on it and calling it "CC" Cream? I've tried a sample once and it's nothing like a proper CC cream or BB cream but looks and feels like a tinted moisturiser.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this despite the smell. It doesn't bother me too much to make me not use this tho. It moisturizes pretty good on my combo skin and no breakouts so far. It did sting a tiny bit for like a second the first time I tried it but that was it, it doesn't do that any more. It evens my skin tone out wonderfully but I do have a gripe, by the end of the day my oily t zone looks weird...like my pores pushed it back out and its just sitting on top of my skin/oil. I also did not pay full price for this, target had it for $8 so I picked up a bottle than went back for a backup before it hit full price again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by katealvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I researched a lot of reviews of this product before purchasing and was really on the fence about it. I have used BB creams before but always had to apply a moisturizer first - the fact that this is supposed to be for more mature skin and didn't need an additional moisturizer or sunscreen made this appealing to me. As I have gotten older, I wear less makeup but still want to look good. I had been using Nars powder foundation (Deauville but it was starting to look bad on some of my dry patches. I was hoping for enough coverage to not have to use concealer, but it is a still little sheer for that. However, I really like the sheerness, it allows my skin to show through but evens tone and gives a nice glow, natural but not iridescent. Does not have that strange grey cast that BB creams tend to give, I am very pale and use the lightest shade - it is a perfect match. Yes, it does have that sunscreen scent but I rather like that. After using it a few weeks, it has improved the condition of my skin and lightened some of the dark spots I had, so I am using less concealer now. The trick to applying it is to pat it on a little thicker than you would foundation, then lightly blend. If you rub it in like you would a normal moisturizer it will disappear and you won't get the benefits. I use Mineral Veil powder to set it. Even my 60-something mom commented on how radiant my skin looked and bought some herself! The price is right, too - all in all very satisfied and would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As other reviews have mentioned, I've tried a few BB creams--Garnier, Maybelline, L'oreal, among others--and saw this advertised as a CC Cream and thought it would be magical and provide everything a BB cream does but with good coverage too! It was not magical. Its basically a moisturizer with a tiny drop of foundation, and does NOT provide coverage for anyone but a 20 yr old with perfect skin anyways. I am 33 with very fair skin, and a few patches of melasma (dark spots) that I've been lightening with a prescription formula, and was hoping the CC cream would help that process, but I'm not sure its doing anything extra. It also has kind of a weird too-slippery texture, and takes a very long time to dry.

I tried Olay's CC Cream the first time as part of my normal makeup routine (with concealer and powder) and went to work, but by the end of the day I looked terrible (i.e. nothing to hide my dark spots/melasma and other scars). I like the look of this layered under foundation, because it gives a nice glowy look but is not greasy. Over the past few weeks of very dry weather in DC, I actually layered spf 30 moisturizer, then the CC cream, and then foundation (Almay Magic Mousse is nice!), and I still wasn't greasy by the end of the day and my makeup looked good.

The verdict: I would recommend this as a decent moisturizer, layered under foundation, but definitely not as a standalone foundation--its just too sheer for most people.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by prweiss65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could, I would give this negative 10.
Number one, the smell is HORRIBLE! I wore this for one day, and could not WAIT to get home to wash my face. It wreaks, absolutely WREAKS of cheap suntan lotion. I actually had a coworker ask out loud before a meeting, "is somebody in here wearing suntan lotion?" And he was sitting five seats down from where I was sitting.
Secondly, the "tint" was non-existent. I had to wear foundation on top.
Third, it's way overpriced. 25 dollars for this was about 25 dollars too much!

I returned this and got my $25 dollars back. There are WAY better products out there that have SPF 15 in them, specifically one from Oil of Olay Age Defying daytime lotion. I have used that for as long as they've made it, and there is absolutely NO odor, SPF 15, and it is wonderful.
The only, and I mean THE ONLY reason I purchased this was because it was mentioned in Martha Stewart's LIVING magazine's March 2013 issue. They must have gotten a big payoff from Olay to recommend this dog. *And, for the record, I am an Olay lover, just not this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Fantastic. Love this product. I love that it is hydrating, leaves skin feeling primed and has a little tint to it. The anti aging benefits make it even more awesome, plus the SPF rocks too. This is one of my favorite BB/CC creams to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This CC cream is absolutely my top fave! I love the light kind of whipped like texture and when applied it does not dry out quick so there is no rubbing, tugging,pulling of skin. I believe the formula has changed a bit because a few yrs back when I first purchased it I felt so so about it and the lightest shade was way too dark for me.
To me the most important is the glowy sheer moisturizing coverage that is not heavy or clay like feeling on the face.
I must say that I really love this tinted moisturizer because most BB, CC creams that I have tried (except Vichy) are too matte for me, even if they claim to be "luminizing" I haven't found one that gives a dewy, glow like effect as this. I have slightly drier skin, normal at times and I find this CC cream to be moisturizing just enough. This probably wouldn't be the best choice for oily skin types or extreme humid weather. I use Almay's Prime&Correct with this during the warmer months to achieve a longer wear. (beach,pool) The shade Fair/Light which is what I get it just a bit too dark since Im very fair but I blend well and use a loose powder along the jaw line and it's all done!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 26 and have combination, acne-prone skin that LOVES to get dry, flaky areas in the winter and tends to get greasy in the T-zone during the day. I also have acne marks on my cheeks that have faded, but are still definitely visible.
When I read the benefits Olay's CC cream promised (including fading dark marks), I was excited but skeptical. Would it REALLY be that moisturizing? (Most BB creams I've tried don't provide enough) Would the coverage REALLY be that great? The answer to both is YES.

Not only does the CC cream add just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, it also moisturizes without being greasy, provides SPF, AND as a bonus, it's worked magic on my dry patches AND kept my face from feeling oily mid-day.

Even after just a few weeks of use, I've noticed my skin tone evening out, and I love that there's bonus anti-aging benefits. (Never too early to start, right?)
In terms of lightening my acne scars, I haven't seen much improvement, but considering it's lived up to all its other claims, I already know this will be a re-buy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I have been using this for about 2 months and i loove it. I have tried many other moisturizers but i wanted to try something with many benefits in one. I loved that this has a slight coverage (nothing crazy but just a very light splash of color to even any redness), moisturizing and SPF all in one step. I have had very oily skin and have had acne forever and i am constantly switching products to find a good routine to control it. This is def in my line right now that has def improved my skin. I wash my face in the morning with UltraGlow black soap (wally world for $2) apply this all over my face and let it dry a bit for a min or two. Then I apply my primer and foundation and makeup as usual. Everynight i wash with black soap and exfoliate with Clinique scrub. This moisturizer def gives my skin what it needs to prepare it for my makeup routine. Love this stuff. Worth trying out!