October 1, 2014 | 1638 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by katealvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I researched a lot of reviews of this product before purchasing and was really on the fence about it. I have used BB creams before but always had to apply a moisturizer first - the fact that this is supposed to be for more mature skin and didn't need an additional moisturizer or sunscreen made this appealing to me. As I have gotten older, I wear less makeup but still want to look good. I had been using Nars powder foundation (Deauville but it was starting to look bad on some of my dry patches. I was hoping for enough coverage to not have to use concealer, but it is a still little sheer for that. However, I really like the sheerness, it allows my skin to show through but evens tone and gives a nice glow, natural but not iridescent. Does not have that strange grey cast that BB creams tend to give, I am very pale and use the lightest shade - it is a perfect match. Yes, it does have that sunscreen scent but I rather like that. After using it a few weeks, it has improved the condition of my skin and lightened some of the dark spots I had, so I am using less concealer now. The trick to applying it is to pat it on a little thicker than you would foundation, then lightly blend. If you rub it in like you would a normal moisturizer it will disappear and you won't get the benefits. I use Mineral Veil powder to set it. Even my 60-something mom commented on how radiant my skin looked and bought some herself! The price is right, too - all in all very satisfied and would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As other reviews have mentioned, I've tried a few BB creams--Garnier, Maybelline, L'oreal, among others--and saw this advertised as a CC Cream and thought it would be magical and provide everything a BB cream does but with good coverage too! It was not magical. Its basically a moisturizer with a tiny drop of foundation, and does NOT provide coverage for anyone but a 20 yr old with perfect skin anyways. I am 33 with very fair skin, and a few patches of melasma (dark spots) that I've been lightening with a prescription formula, and was hoping the CC cream would help that process, but I'm not sure its doing anything extra. It also has kind of a weird too-slippery texture, and takes a very long time to dry.

I tried Olay's CC Cream the first time as part of my normal makeup routine (with concealer and powder) and went to work, but by the end of the day I looked terrible (i.e. nothing to hide my dark spots/melasma and other scars). I like the look of this layered under foundation, because it gives a nice glowy look but is not greasy. Over the past few weeks of very dry weather in DC, I actually layered spf 30 moisturizer, then the CC cream, and then foundation (Almay Magic Mousse is nice!), and I still wasn't greasy by the end of the day and my makeup looked good.

The verdict: I would recommend this as a decent moisturizer, layered under foundation, but definitely not as a standalone foundation--its just too sheer for most people.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by prweiss65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could, I would give this negative 10.
Number one, the smell is HORRIBLE! I wore this for one day, and could not WAIT to get home to wash my face. It wreaks, absolutely WREAKS of cheap suntan lotion. I actually had a coworker ask out loud before a meeting, "is somebody in here wearing suntan lotion?" And he was sitting five seats down from where I was sitting.
Secondly, the "tint" was non-existent. I had to wear foundation on top.
Third, it's way overpriced. 25 dollars for this was about 25 dollars too much!

I returned this and got my $25 dollars back. There are WAY better products out there that have SPF 15 in them, specifically one from Oil of Olay Age Defying daytime lotion. I have used that for as long as they've made it, and there is absolutely NO odor, SPF 15, and it is wonderful.
The only, and I mean THE ONLY reason I purchased this was because it was mentioned in Martha Stewart's LIVING magazine's March 2013 issue. They must have gotten a big payoff from Olay to recommend this dog. *And, for the record, I am an Olay lover, just not this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Fantastic. Love this product. I love that it is hydrating, leaves skin feeling primed and has a little tint to it. The anti aging benefits make it even more awesome, plus the SPF rocks too. This is one of my favorite BB/CC creams to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This CC cream is absolutely my top fave! I love the light kind of whipped like texture and when applied it does not dry out quick so there is no rubbing, tugging,pulling of skin. I believe the formula has changed a bit because a few yrs back when I first purchased it I felt so so about it and the lightest shade was way too dark for me.
To me the most important is the glowy sheer moisturizing coverage that is not heavy or clay like feeling on the face.
I must say that I really love this tinted moisturizer because most BB, CC creams that I have tried (except Vichy) are too matte for me, even if they claim to be "luminizing" I haven't found one that gives a dewy, glow like effect as this. I have slightly drier skin, normal at times and I find this CC cream to be moisturizing just enough. This probably wouldn't be the best choice for oily skin types or extreme humid weather. I use Almay's Prime&Correct with this during the warmer months to achieve a longer wear. (beach,pool) The shade Fair/Light which is what I get it just a bit too dark since Im very fair but I blend well and use a loose powder along the jaw line and it's all done!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 26 and have combination, acne-prone skin that LOVES to get dry, flaky areas in the winter and tends to get greasy in the T-zone during the day. I also have acne marks on my cheeks that have faded, but are still definitely visible.
When I read the benefits Olay's CC cream promised (including fading dark marks), I was excited but skeptical. Would it REALLY be that moisturizing? (Most BB creams I've tried don't provide enough) Would the coverage REALLY be that great? The answer to both is YES.

Not only does the CC cream add just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, it also moisturizes without being greasy, provides SPF, AND as a bonus, it's worked magic on my dry patches AND kept my face from feeling oily mid-day.

Even after just a few weeks of use, I've noticed my skin tone evening out, and I love that there's bonus anti-aging benefits. (Never too early to start, right?)
In terms of lightening my acne scars, I haven't seen much improvement, but considering it's lived up to all its other claims, I already know this will be a re-buy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

I have been using this for about 2 months and i loove it. I have tried many other moisturizers but i wanted to try something with many benefits in one. I loved that this has a slight coverage (nothing crazy but just a very light splash of color to even any redness), moisturizing and SPF all in one step. I have had very oily skin and have had acne forever and i am constantly switching products to find a good routine to control it. This is def in my line right now that has def improved my skin. I wash my face in the morning with UltraGlow black soap (wally world for $2) apply this all over my face and let it dry a bit for a min or two. Then I apply my primer and foundation and makeup as usual. Everynight i wash with black soap and exfoliate with Clinique scrub. This moisturizer def gives my skin what it needs to prepare it for my makeup routine. Love this stuff. Worth trying out!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Nerds99

***EDIT*** I have decided to stop using this for a while. Since I started, my skin has gotten MUCH drier, which accentuates fine lines and just makes me look awful. To be fair, I started using a new powder around the same time, so I'm doing the elimination method and seeing which one is causing this to happen. I mean, my face is uncomfortable 24-7. It feels dry and itchy no matter what I do. I've even resorted to putting baby oil on my face, something that I always found disgusting. If this is what's causing it, I will be so disappointed. Also, I haven't noticed any of the other benefits claimed on the box/bottle. Lame :(

***UPDATE: 12/18/2012*** Well, it looks like I have found the culprit...I cannot use this product. I don't know if it's the niacinimide (sp?), or some other ingredient, but I definitely have a sensitivity to whatever it is. This product was counterproductive to its purpose and I will be getting rid of this product. I didn't use it today, and my skin is MUCH calmer than it has been. This product just overly-sensitized my skin and I'm not willing to wait it out anymore to see if my skin adjusts to it. It's just not worth it to me. I've had to layer avocado oil and Sweet Bee Magic on my face twice a day, along with my Sea Plasma spray, just in hopes of keeping my skin from drying out even MORE...normalizing it wasn't going to happen no matter what I did :( Sadly, this is a miss. I'm not surprised, most drugstore products don't work well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased Covergirls Olay Tone Rehab and really liked it. So when I saw this product, i though... "OH! Another product that looks like Tone Rehab! It has the same swirls, same sort of product, but oh look! It's a 7 in 1 product. This must be better."

I was so excited when I purchased it, only to be completely dissapointed with the product.

Pros: None.

Cons:
-Like a moisturizer. Alot more lotion like than Tone Rehab.
-No color payoff. It was almost as if the color just wiped away with the applicator. Keep in mind, I like a light coverage, but this was almost non-existent.
-face stung a little and became a little red.

I have not used Olay total effects line before, so it may be just my skins incompatibility with Olay total effects. Not sure. But to be honest, if you are looking for a bit of color, you will not be getting it.

Good for: Maybe people who have had success with total effects product line that wants to wear it with a bit of tint.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

I had a 10$ coupon from Ulta for my bday and combined with a sale snagged this for $9.50 :) The packaging totally rocks. As for the formula it is much lighter and more moisturizing than other BB creams I have tried that have more of a 'foundation' coverage and do not require extra concealer. I do need to use a concealer with Olay's CC cream, but conversely I don't need an extra layer of moisturizer underneath. It is a little bit too glowy for my taste so I finish off with a little Revlon Photo Finish powder. I do wish it had a little more coverage so I took off one lippy in my rating.
I am impressed with the lightweight feel of this cream considering it has a SPF 15 rating. I will update my review if necessary once I finish my bottle.
Also, another review mentioned stinging. This product has a hefty dose of niacinamide in it, which is great for anti-aging but your skin may need to get used to it.

Update: with continued use I found this cream's shade oxidized to a strange peach hue as the day wore on. I ended up giving the bottle to my mother for her to try. It is too bad :-(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No