December 22, 2014 | 1279 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Let the Good Times Roll

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to invest more in my skincare routine and opted for natural ingredients. Although I would never shell so much for a skin cleanser, seeing everyone liking this cleanser, I decided to give it a try.

My skin is oily, but it is on the drier side in the beginning of the day. By two hours my skin gets oily (unlucky me). Since I have redness and blemishes, I thought this cleanser should do me good. My skin is also sensitive, gets easily red by just cleansing with any solution, ie. micellar solution, or by drying it in a towl.

Here are my thoughts:
1) it isn't a soapy cleanser so it is a little bit messy dispersing it with water on your face. I don't like this application method.
2) it doesn't clean at all, or at least good. So before you buy, note following. I decided to skip my milk for cleaning my foundation and went straight for washing my face. I applied LTGTR and massaged it thoroughly in my skin. But, due to the buttery layer that is always left when cleansing with LTGTR , it didn't remove anything from my face. While my skin was still wet, I took a cotton pad and started removing my makeup. Imagine how my cotton pad looked like... So, this cleanser should be your *final* step toward cleaning your face. I advise using a lotion afterwards to remove the left layer of this cleanser if you want to have a cleaner face.
3) the buttery layer that is left after cleansing your face with LTGTR is a nice feature if your skin is very dry. It isn't too slippery, but I am afraid of getting clogged pores by it. Their ultrabalm gave me the most horrible breakout ever. Clogged pores, cystic acne.
4) I like the slightly exfoliant nature of this cleanser, but I am at the same time sceptic it is working. If it doesn't remove makeup, does it remove any impurities? If it leaves that buttery layer, does it exfoliate, or is it just a "decoration"?
5) I don't think the price justifies the quality of this cleanser. If you are willing to pay more, go more higher end, or go for NovExpert, Yves Rocher, The Body Shop, Himalaya, L'occitane or similar, who are on the white list, don't test on animals, and have natural active ingredients, AND some of them have Eco-certificates!

After using a couple of Lush products, I am pretty disappointed with them. I like their concept, but I don't get how a) they so imperiously put high prices and b) how they got THIS popular. I really don't get it.

After I finish all my Lush products, I won't spend a dime on them. I feel naïve and like I've been robbed.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by NaomiNuada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, a little back round:
A few months ago, I was going through a really stressful time period so my cortisol levels went through the roof and I suffered from severe cystic acne *all* over my face and chest.
First, I tried changing my face wash from Aveeno to Neutrogena and my makeup from Almay to MAC thinking that the quality would be better for my skin. WRONG. The MAC foundation made my skin break out even more and created a super oily surface over my T-zone. The Neutrogena didn't make me worse or better. After MAC, I switched to Clinique makeup and cleanser hoping that the salicylic acid would clear me up- also WRONG. It made my acne swell deeper under my skin and more clusters formed around my jawline and cheekbones. The salicylic acid just made my skin dryer so, in turn, I had weird oily/dry patches everywhere.
Finally, I made a trip to the dermatologist and I was prescribed Retin-A, Zithromax and a face wash that the doctors office sold in house. I used them for 3 months and it drastically cleared up my face but I needed a face wash *after* my prescription ended to keep my skin clear.

I went back to Aveeno Soy cleanser - its great, its gentle, and it leaves skin soft but it doesn't keep cystic acne away so I switched to Clean and Clear Cleanser 3- it has benzoyl peroxide and it did a really good job of keeping my acne away for several months (albeit drying, so you'll need a good moisturizer).

Recently, I switched to the Let The Good Times Roll Lush face wash after a friend had it at her house and I used some and fell in love with the smell.
It has a grainy texture and exfoliates really well, leaving my skin feeling fresh and soft and
hydrated. Unfortunately, it doesn't take off makeup too well (likely because of the method of application) so I have to first take my makeup off with a makeup remover (I use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes) then I turn on warm water and use the Lush face wash.
The smell is akin to caramel popcorn..it doesn't have a distinct "popcorn" smell, but it's a distinct sweet smell that only that face wash has and whenever I wash my face, it makes the bathroom and adjacent hallway smell fantastic haha. My boyfriend loves it too.
Several very recent stressful events has caused my acne to act up again and unfortunately Let The Good Times Roll is doing a poor job of keeping it away. I purchased Proactive to use once or twice a day, and will continue using Let The Good Times Roll because I like way it exfoliates and hydrates my skin. My skin definitely looks brighter and softer since using it, but I need the extra push to keep my acne away and hopefully Proactive, combined with my favorite Lush face wash will do just that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Sammyjo2512

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went through a pot if this already I really like this. I tried the Aqua Marina one but I really didn't like it. It makes my skin feel so soft I really like it and it smells amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin159

First of all daymm it smells amazing!! For someone with a sweet tooth what could be better than scrubbing you face with 'toffee popcorn'! It's a really good cleanser too, the kernels are really tiny so you get a good scrub yet the rest of it is super soft so overall it feels really gentle on the skin. I use this maybe every other day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sara942

It's a thorough but gentle scrub that always leaves my face glowing and smooth without stripping it dry. It also smells yummy, like cookie dough! It's like the Oatifix face mask in scrub form.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Hiath

Wow, this product is amazing! I absolutely love the smell... Its like sweet, caramel popcorn that instantly makes me feel brighter. Yum, if only I could eat it..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sammiex3

Love this. Absolutely love it. From the scent to the consistency to the benefits it provides my skin, this product is absolute perfection. I think I would cry if LUSH took it away. I have combination skin, and I can use this product year-round. It definitely leaves a sort of hydrating residue on your skin, which takes some getting used to. Don't get me wrong though - the feeling is quite exquisite. I use this every night and just adore this product. My skin looks so radiant and fresh pretty much all the time now. I do use a little bit more product than suggested just because this stuff is less pasty than some of the other LUSH cleansers and I like to have a bit of a thick layer on my face instead of just the granules it breaks into, but that's honestly just personal preference. I think this is the best of the LUSH cleansers. If you have oily skin, give this a shot. I think it may balance out your skin well, though maybe you wouldn't be able to use it year-round. Everyone else, stop thinking about it and just go get it. You won't be sorry. Even if by some slim chance you don't like the product, it just smells so good you won't care. Sometimes I walk into my bathroom just to smell this stuff. Kind of curbs my cravings. Thank you LUSH!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried all of the other Lush cleansers that you pinch off a piece if, mix with water, and make a paste, and this one is the best. LTGTR makes a smooth paste that doesn't fall apart when you apply it to your face. It's really an exfoliator rather than a cleanser. The cornmeal and polenta are grainy enough to exfoliate better than Herbalism or Angels on Bare Skin, but it's more moisturizing than Dark Angels. I use this a couple of times a week as my morning cleanser. It makes my skin soft and smooth. It used to be a seasonal product for Christmas, but the SA told me that now it's a permanent part if the skin care line. And it smells like cinnamon cookies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Nicolebby

How have I lived without this for so long? On my last trip to LUSH, I bought a pot of this based purely on the smell. I LOVE IT. Seriously, I know everyone knows how great it smells, but I am going to say it again- IT IS AMAZING. Like popcorn, cinnamon, caramel and everything delicious. It was literally love at first sniff.

I usually avoid LUSH cleansers because I like to use my Clarisonic Mia2 once, sometimes twice, a day depending on how my skin looks and feels that day, and even a gentle exfoliator can mess up the brush head and that's just not something I want to chance. But after smelling this, I was sold, and reasoned that I can put away my Clarisonic on mornings to use this. It's seriously that lovely.

I use it about four to five times a week, and my face has never looked and felt better. My skin is so soft and smooth and I have no dry patches, which for me, is a really big deal because I almost always have dry skin around my nose, on my cheeks or between my eyebrows. I love how moisturizing it is as well and how it is gentle enough to use so often.

For a 3.5 ounce pot of this, I paid 12.95 USD which in my opinion is not that expensive considering how little you need to use. I just pinch off a pea size chunk, add a bit of water, mix it into a paste and I am good to go. I feel like one of these pots is going to last me forever at this rate! I am in love and will forever be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by TarutoToxic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Do I really have to praise the scent again? Well, yes, it deserves being mentioned again: HOLY CRAP, if it was eadible I'd so munch it all up!

But I think the taste won't be as great as the effect it has on my skin, so... Let's skip the nosh-up and rub it all over the face - the skin will turn out smooth and soft.

"Let the good times roll" is something between an exfoliator and a cleanser. I use it 2-3 times a week (the other days I use LUSH Fresh Farmacy and Buche de Noel). It is perfect for my skin, cause I have rather bad skin, pigmented spots, pimples, always oily... Yes, exactly, this nice look like someone puked a pizza over my face (okay, not that bad...).

As harsh exfoliators (like LUSH Ocean Salt) make my skin even worse cause they dry it out so much that it thinks "Let's produce even more oil!", the divine "Let the good times roll" with its gentle scrubs and the moisturizing but light oils is just perfect.

I use a bit about the size of a pea, mix it with a dash of water and rub it all over my face where it can do its work for some minutes (while I wash my body or stuff like that...). Then I rinse it off and - enjoy the soft and smooth skin that is now my own.

The price is not that high, one pot of LTGTR lasts for 2-3 months.

The worst thing about this product is that it's a Special Christmas Edition and as such will be gone, aaaall gone some weeks after Christmas... But you can hoard it, freeze it and use it all year. But as LUSH's got some more great cleansers (Angels on bare Skin ftw!) I use LTGTR as long as it's in stock and look forward to the next Christmas Special Edition when it hopefully will be available again.