April 21, 2014 | 847 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Let the Good Times Roll

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by 1432

Best smelling cleanser ever! It smells like caramel popcorn! This product exfoliates well and adds a nice amount of moisture. This lasts long too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best lush cleansers! Firstly it smells amazing! Like sweet cinnamon mixed with caramel. It is more solid too, which is much better, rather than cleansers like angels on bare skin which are in little bits and make a huge mess! I leave it on for a few minutes then wash off with a cloth, usually double cleanse too. It is kind of an exfoliator as well as a cleanser which is cool. It leaves the skin suuuuper soft and looking bright, doesn't break me out either which is good ( I have spot prone skin ) I think it would be okay on most skin types really. The only problems I have are that it doesn't seem to last me very long, however I do use it a lot. Also I couldn't find it in my local lush so I asked and they said it is only avaliable online, looked on the uk lush site and its gone! ): sooo upset! Please bring it back as a permanant product lush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells amazing, exfoliates really well, and is very moisturizing/not at all drying. But after using it once, I awoke the next morning to a horrible breakout, pimples all over my face. :( I wish I didn't because it is a lovely product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by emilys93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lovely product. Smells amazing, like buttery caramel popcorn or cake. The ground cinnamon gently exfoliates. Made with mostly natural ingredients so it's gentle. Gave it 4 stars overall because it did not do anything totally amazing to my skin, but still it cleaned my face, made it smell good and did not irritate it or make my skin any worse.

Gave it a 5 star for packaging because the pots are 100% recycled, and once you've got 5 empty pots from any Lush product you can bring them back to the store to be recycled and you'll be given a free full-size fresh face mask.

Something to bear in mind is that it's labelled wrongly- not actually a cleanser (makeup remover), more of a facial wash/gentle scrub. It is expensive, but I'd still buy it again as a treat if it were available anymore which I don't believe it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lush describes this as an exfoliator, yet it is still in the cleanser category. This can easily confuse people. People will try to use an exfoliator as a makeup remover and that will obviously lead to disappointment.

This doesn't remove makeup properly, but I'm not sure it's meant to. Lush's description is misleading and confusing. This is too harsh to use as a daily cleanser, even if they say it's gentle. It's way too scrubby and gritty for my taste. This also leaves a weird film after use, so I have to use an additional cleanser after. This doesn't mix with water properly, it stays gritty and harsh but more liquidy.

I love the smell though. Smells like cookie dough, like Oatifix.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So the guy at Lush told me this HAD been a limited edition product, but based on the high reviews it's now being sold any time of year. Hopefully he was telling the truth because DEAR GOD DO I LOVE THIS CLEANSER.

First of all.. THE SMELL. I can't even begin to describe how happy washing my face makes me. I actually look forward to using this product every day (even though it's only been 2 days haha). It leaves the most amazing scent on my face - like cookie dough mixed with popcorn or something. AHHH :) Sometimes I sneak into the bathroom just to sniff this and it instantly makes me crave dessert.

Okay - to get to the real purpose of this cleanser: it exfoliates, softens, and moisturizes. I have acne-prone skin and I didn't break out from this, but then again it didn't really reduce any acne scarring. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to figure out just what it's doing for my pimples. But with that aside - it's super exfoliating and I loooove a cleanser that actually feels like I'm scrubbing grime off my face. It doesn't leave me as red as other exfoliators, which means I can safely use this every day. After I pat dry, my face is soft and smells absolutely delicious.

Hopefully the Lush guy wasn't lying to me because as soon as I'm done with this, I'm running back to Lush to buy a thousand more containers.

Edit: This did absolutely nothing for my acne.. I'm still using it but not every day like I used to.. Maybe 3 times a week. I still love it to bits though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Iridessa

I love this stuff. I've used Dark Angels and Herbalism, and like this cleanser much more. I have a really oily T-zone but I get dry patches around my mouth that will flake and just look really gross. This cleanser moisturizes my dry areas while not making my oily spots oilier. The smell is amazing. I love that it smells like cookie dough. I bought it just for the smell and was more than happy to find out that it does exactly what I wanted. I also like the amount of exfoliation you get. It's not too scrubby like Dark Angels. It makes my face feel super soft and it gets rid of dead dry skin.
I don't mind that it's not made to remove make up as I have make up remover.
I'm almost done with my pot and I will most definitely be repurchasing this product. It's the best cleanser I've used, and I've used a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
pretty moisturizing on skin
great for daily/every other day use
cleanses well
amazing smell
worth the $

CONS
none

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS WONDERFUL!! It exfoliates without drying your face out. The smell is also absolutely amazing. I've gone through two jars already! The only bad thing about it is that if you use it every time you wash your face, it can become too greasy, so I use it every few days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't call this a cleanser as it's more like a scrub. I don't know how you'd be able to get your make-up off with this! It's very grainy so if you have sensitive skin, it might not be for you and it's a definite no-no for the eye area. The cleanser is very similar to Oatfix: a little oily and quite grainy so your skin feels very soft afterwards. The scent is very toffee-like and delicious. A little goes a long way with this product so it doesn't run out very quickly.