November 29, 2014 | 1137 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST BHA 9

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by TotesAmaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So disappointed with this. I love Paula's choice and use a lot of her products. This sounded like a God send as I have some congestion on my chin and nose and one really enlarged/blocked pore on my forehead.

I put this on and was waiting for the miracle I had read about. Sadly nothing. I used this dutifully for 7 months and nothing changed.

It may work for you, it didn't work for me

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sharonj31

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Much to my dismay, I had still been getting facial blemishes about 3-5 per month, even though I am closer to 60 y/o than 55. As these are considered to be hormone related at my age these blemishes and my enlarged pores in my t-zone tend have been a challenge to keep clear. Well until I tried this product that is! Resist BHA-9 is as close to a miracle skin product for combo-oily skin as there can be. I still get the blemishes but they are not as large and long lasting and my poors are the finest they have ever been and I cannot imagine them being finer.

A little goes on a long way when using Resist BHA-9 and it does feel a bit oily in cosistency but don't be put off because within about 5-10 minutes the oily feel disappears. The downside is that the container/dispenser is a challenge to use without releasing too much product but practice does make perfect. If I had to give up all my skin care products but got to keep usinfg one, I would definitely keep this one! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product feels like a serum. It is not drying and I had no tingles or irritaion. I have been experimenting with some products I pushed aside for this shiny new penny and I have to say that overall I don't find this to be better than any product with lower BHA. The price of this product seems ridiculou$$$. No animal testing!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Annemarie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this product works great as a spot treatment. Beta hydroxy acids in concentrations from 1-2 % can be a great daily exfoliant, but doesn't really have a big impact on stubborn blackheads imo.
I use this in the evening in areas of the face where I have clusters of small clogged pores - the next day several are gone or considerably smaller in size. This product works pore magic!

The price is a bit high, but I've been using the same bottle for 8 months and is just about to run out - you only need a tiny bit. The pump is really annoying and do dispense a large amount, but if you just keep tapping it (and don't press down with full force) a smaller amount eventually comes out.

This product can cause dryness if you use too much or too frequent for your skin type. If your skin gets dry and flaky from this, I find it helps to take a 1-2 day break for the bha and/or make sure to put a moisturizer on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is one of the best spot treatments on the market. Perfect for stopping a zit at the first sign, and amazing at unclogging blocked pores. I find this the most effective BHA product I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot.

I do not use it all over my face, just on trouble spots, so the full bottle lasts a very long time. In fact, the sample lasted me a very long time too, i would definitely suggest buying a sample or two and giving it a try if you have issues with acne and/or clogged pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by lexabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I believe the texture of this product is what caused me to breakout, if that makes ANY sense; because none of the ingredients listed should have caused any problems. It is a hit or miss, I wanted to try it after a beauty guru on youtube was raving about how it cleared up his bumps literally overnight. For me it was a miss and yes it does feel like you are putting oil or hair serum on your face.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did initially like this until I tried the PC 2% and 5% AHA and BHA's. This one seems like it worked less than the other 2 and its double the price for more than half of the product.... it did help but not as much as the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Amanda881

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use it as a spot treatment primarily on my nose and dotted onto individual blemishes, so the price is quite reasonable. Before purchasing the full-size tube I tried the sample size from PC and that lasted me a couple of months. Based on that, I anticipate the full size tube with probably last me 6-8 months. The product has a nice slip. A dot barely bigger than the size of a pinhead is enough to cover my nose. It absorbs completely in a few minutes, but does have a slightly tacky finish so I would wear it at night as a treatment rather than under makeup. I apply it after my cleanser, toner, exfoliant, and retinoid. I haven't had any irritation or redness even though my skin is on the sensitive side and reacts to overly harsh products. My nose used to break out in inflamed pimples, plugged pores and overall seemed very rough. This product smooths the skin, fades redness and keeps my hormonal breakouts under control. I recommend giving it a try in the sample size if you have adult acne and need something not quite as harsh as BP!

Update: I still think this stuff is great as a spot treatment, however, I found out the rough red bumpy stuff I was getting on my nose was actually mild rosacea! I stopped using this and switched to Finacea on my nose. I use this to spot treat any hormonal pimples I get around my time of the month and it works well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

So I went on a Paula's Choice sample buying spree and I'm slowly making my way through the haul. These are just first impressions, will update my reviews (and my lippies) as time goes on.

Good lord, this stuff is expensive. I've used it for three nights now, I don't see much of a difference. I've been putting it on my rosacea pastules and papules to try to get rid of them. Will keep using up the tiny sample and then update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a highly unique product, but it takes time to work, so don't expect results overnight. I had to use it three to four nights a week for a month to see the results I was looking for.

I use one pump all over mixed with my regular exfoliant three or four nights per week. In the morning I cleanse, tone, and exfoliate with my regular exfoliant. I think the key is being consistent with this product.

Use up rate for me was about 6 weeks. I repurchased because I think it is a great add-on treatment especially if you have stubborn blackheads or whiteheads.