Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/17/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't even realize I had dry patches on my face until I wore this. Probably nice on normal/oily skin, but I find it really drying. The texture is nice, very light and silky. But on my dry skin, it looks HORRIBLE up close and the finish is dull and too matte. Even though my skin is on the dry side, I never have problems with foundations clinging like this one. It doesn't smooth over imperfections like most foundations probably because it's alcohol based. It just sinks into them.. so beware.

on 1/7/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This looked too dry on my skin and settled into lines. Drug store brands do much better on me than this.

on 1/7/2014 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

It may not be the most rational choice, but I adore this foundation. Sure, my skin must be at its best in order for this to really shine, but when it does, it SINGS. The texture, the fragrance, the packaging, the beautiful finish. It's a wonderful product and I've found the staying power and coverage to be adequate. I have a hunch there are more logical choices out there, but using this makes me feel extra confident and lovely, so why not stick with it? I alternate using my fingers or the RT buffing brush for application.

on 12/19/2013 4:26:00 AM

Ooohhh... I never loved so much a foundation like i love mestro..
I've been trying few foundations lately.. I bought samples of light bulb and face architect from shu eumura, and full size of face designer and maestro from giorgio armani.

I love those foundation above, at first i was hesitated to buy maestro but what the heck.... i bought it anyway. I used maestro the last cuz i didnt any have high expectation but.. i was amazed with how beautiful the foundation is on my skin, best among all i owned.

My skin is not perfect at all, i have few brown spots from previous breakout, i have tiny scars on my cheeks from breakouts as well during my teen, so guys not perfect at all.
What amazed me is this foundation could make my skin near perfect, it may not cover all the brown spots but you really need to put your eyes close to my skin to spot them, and my scars.. Somehow this foundation blurs it ?? My skin looks almost smooth ... Really im not kidding ! My skin looks damn good !!!

I have been wearing this foundation from 7am til 5pm, i didnt blot... Neither did any touch up, my face still looks damn good, no oxidation at all too. I have shine but good shine not gross or oily kind of shine... Oh man... Good Job Giorgio A !!!!

on 12/7/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had absolutely no plans to buy this foundation at the Cosbar in Santa Fe - I was perfectly happy with the cream stick foundation I had been using. I had been reading about it, so I decided to see how it felt. OMG! It felt like silk. My sister and I each bought a bottle of #3. We tend to go light, reason: we never see anyone whose foundation is too light, but we often see women whose foundation is too dark or orangey. We are both natural redheads, so we are fair-skinned, but makeup artists and store clerks always want us to go darker, when they themselves looks like they are wearing orangey masks. What is up with that?! Some are such beautiful girls, but so heavily made up and artificial looking. As some other reviewers have indicated, a little goes a very long way. In fact, it's amazing that something so light and gossamer can improve one's appearance so much. I simply use some (not all) of the makeup that clings to the dropper when I pull it out of the bottle. It stays on well, even in the New Mexico summer heat...even through Zumba class. I had been using cosmetic sponges with my cream foundation, but with the GA foundation, i use my fingers to quickly spread it around. It is possible to build coverage on undereye areas by lightly patting then blending some extra there. The foundation has a very nice finish. Now that I am older, I always always use moisturizer, day and night, and I have been using L'Oreal's Miracle Blur (when I remember!) as a primer. It doesn't interfere with makeup application. Sometimes I might use blush after I have allowed the foundation to "set". I bought my bottle 5 months ago and I'm pretty sure that I've only used 1/4 of it, so even though it's pricey, it lasts. I steal peeks at myself in the mirror while I drive to work. Damn, I look good!

on 12/5/2013 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have incredibly dry skin and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It provides medium coverage and looks like bare skin. It wears well on me throughout the day. The only issue is if I have some really dry patches, it can cling to them, but every foundation does that.

I read this described as a powder foundation for people whose skin is too dry to wear powder foundation and I truly have no idea what that's supposed to mean. This doesn't look like my skin is powdered. It looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. I've seen people apply it with a brush, but I get the best results with my fingers. It is very runny, but the little dropper makes for easy dispensing and keeping the product sanitary (unlike the L'Oreal Magic Nude foundation which is an ungodly mess to try and dispense).

I'm not crazy about the round bottle just because it doesn't play well with the rest of my makeup storage. But it is a heavy glass bottle and quite resilient.

The only problem for me is that I was color matched at a counter to a shade 5.0 and it's way too dark for me. I'm NW15ish and I will admit that I love this foundation enough to make it work. I'll either wear a scarf and long sleeves in the winter or I'll bronze my neck in the summer. I would love to try a lighter shade, but at this price point, I will finish this whole bottle before I do that.

on 12/5/2013 3:39:00 PM

It goes on smooth and gives a great natural look. I don't think it provides enough coverage however, I don't have particularly blemished skin, but I do get small red patches now and then, this foundation is only for people with already flawless skin. I changed to the luminous silk and found it a much better in regards to coverage however with a natural look still.

on 11/5/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted this foundation to work for me but it didn't. What I like about this is that it was color matched perfectly for me. I used color #10 and it looked like my skin but better. I love the way that it applied because it felt like I was putting silk over my face. The finished product was really everything I wanted my foundation to look like. The problem? That look lasts for all of an hour. I have been using this foundation for 2 weeks and I'm done!! I cant take it any more. I would do my makeup in the morning before work and by the time I get to the office and settle in, its time to blot. I work 20 minutes away from my home!!!

When I tried this out at the store, the SA advised me to not use my Beauty Blender but instead, put some on my fingers and rub them together to warm the foundation a bit, and then apply with. I did as she instructed and I did get a beautiful finish but sadly that is all that I got. I used it with primer - I got oily; I used it without primer - I got oily; I used it with serum - I got oily; I used it without serum - I got oily; I used it on bare skin - I got oily; I used it with MAC blot powder - I got oily. It took me a while but I think I finally got the message.... this stuff will always make me oily no matter what I do to prevent that from happening!

I'm kind of sad that this does not work for me because as I've said a few times, I LOVE the way it looks, but I've learned my lesson. I AM GOING BACK TO ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR!!! ELDW never lets me down. I tried Armani because I wanted something a bit more luxurious than ELDW but at this point I'm ready to throw in the towel and say 'screw luxury!!' Besides, ELDW is fantastic. I will learn to be satisfied with just that. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right??

on 11/2/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It covers very well and feels like I am not wearing anything. I was so in love with this at first!

The only problem is it breaks me out so I had to discontinue!!!

If I wasn't prone to breakouts this would be my HG!!!

on 11/2/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is so silky and thin that at first I loved it a ton.

The staying power is god awful.

After about 4 hours it gets greasy and becomes itchy on my skin.

I don't see the point of keeping this in my regimen and definitely will not repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products