December 20, 2014 | 1632 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blush (all)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream blush packs a ton of pigment and has incredible staying power for a blush, but man is it a bitch to apply! The product is TOO pigmented, if such a thing is possible. The color is so concentrated, that unless you're a fan of REALLY strong blush the amount you need for each cheek is about the size of a head of a pin. Such a tiny amount is hard to apply to a brush or even to spread evenly across your skin with your fingers. The only brush I've successfully used is a stippling brush, and even that brush gives me more color than I really want. I have fair skin and rosy cheeks, so it takes very little product to make me look really flushed especially later in the day after my foundation starts to fade. Even after stippling off excess product on the back of my hand, I still can't figure out how to apply this as lightly as I'd like. I also find this product difficult to blend because of how pigmented it is and because of how fast it dries on your skin. If you wait 30 seconds to blend it, you've probably waited too long!

The tough learning curve for this product is a shame, because there are some great things about this blush! I love that despite being a cream blush, it dries down fairly matte. A lot of cream blushes make you look dewy which can be tricky for someone with oily skin to pull off. It also lasts longer than any blush I've ever tried. I usually don't get more than 4 hours out of a cream blush, and only get 6 out of a powder blush. This product lasts for at least 10-12.

Another plus is how affordable it is. For $3 you get more than enough product to last you a year, even when accounting for some inevitable product waste. The pump on the tube allows you to do partial pump (when you just tap the spout rather than pushing it down all the way), but even that dispenses a little more product than you need for your cheeks. The pump spout isn't quite as airtight as I'd like (over time the texture of the blush thickens inside the pump from a somewhat runny liquid to a thicker mousse), but overall the packaging is as good as I could expect from a $3 blush.

If you love to rock a strong cheek and don't mind dealing with the learning curve, this product is worth checking out. If you prefer a natural looking flush, I'd avoid this product unless you have a darker skintone and have a tough time finding blushes pigmented enough to show up. Or if you just don't have much natural color in your cheeks at all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is incredible!
I picked this up in the shade Encore because I wanted something I could use on my cheeks and lips that would actually show up. I figured for $3, even if it sucked royally, it wouldn't be some crazy heartbreak.
But this stuff doesn't suck. Not at all.
First off, I usually don't go for cream blushers because I've got quite oily skin on my cheeks. Cream blushers tend to go swirly or patchy on me rather quickly, and for that reason, I've always gone for powders.
However, this formula is fantastic. It's definitely a stain, rather than a cream blusher. The pigmentation is INSANE. The tiniest dab on each cheek (not even one full pump to accommodate both cheeks) is all you need. Just make sure to blend VERY quickly, as this stuff sets within seconds. Once you get past the learning curve of working with this product, you'll get beautiful results. Flushed, sweet-looking cheeks that last for hours.
As I mentioned earlier on, I did get this to use on my lips as well after reading from several other reviewers that they did the same. It's outstanding in that capacity. This color is very bright, so my M.O. is to apply it and blend it in with my finger. I let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess and apply a tinted balm over top. Boom - gorgeously pigmented, summer lips.
The packaging is great. I love any liquid or cream formula that comes with a functioning pump. It doesn't just glorp the product out all over the place either - it's quite controlled so you can get the tiniest amount out as possible (and with this, you really only want the tiniest amount, so that's a good thing). It feels sturdy enough, and as e.l.f. tends to do, they've made it quite simple and attractive-looking. To me, e.l.f.'s Studio line has very professional-looking, simple and utilitarian-chic packaging. I've always been a fan.
Overall, this is a great product. There's one shade darker which I will probably skip since it's far too dark for me, but the lighter shades are on my to-get list.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price and pigmentation of these blushes is insane in comparison to every other brand out there. If they added a few more natural shades I think this would be my everyday favorite blush, but since I am pale I have to be extremely careful when I apply these. I love that they can double as a lip stain, if you put a gloss over it they are beautiful and can last at least half a day.

It does take a bit of practice to get used to applying these, and definitely some trial and error as far as what brush to use and how much product to put on. But the few days I went too intense were worth it because once I got the hang of these, they give the most natural blush look I've had in years. I like the pump applicator because it allows you to take out the tiniest dot of product easily. However I think one blush seperated a bit as the inside of the cap and the applicator were very watery/oily when I first opened it. I doubt I will run out of these anytime soon but when I do, I will definitely try other colors. For more pale divas I'd suggest a light hand and plenty of patience when you first apply these!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this blush! with a passion! ITS VERY PIGMENTED! a lot of people say that " its hard to blend " But its only hard to blend IF you use a lot or use a brush that isnt dense like a stippling brush..
I recommend using a Thick compact Blush brush to blend this blush in or a flat top brush .
i really hate when people say its not natural looking cause when i use this blush NOBODY can tell im wearing blush it gives me a nice rosy natural look , because i apply it properly and i don't use a lot .
I OWN ALL 5 SHADES .

"HeartBreaker " which is a Nice light pink blush colour ,

"SuperStar " which is MY FAVORITE , superstar is a Coral Pinkish orangish colour alittle more to the pink side PERFECT blush for the summer time .

" Diva " Which is your basic barbie pink blush ( My least favorite ) its not light pink and its not dark pink its just a normal blush barbie pink .

"Encore" i thought encore would've been a little deeper/darker when i got it but it wasn't , i still love it , its like a Pinkish purpleish blush its really pretty .

" Showstopper " The name was perfect for this blush its a Deep coloured PURPLE based blush it does have some pink in it as well but its a deep pink . beautiful blush , PERFECT FOR FALL MAKEUP . Many people say they would recommend this to deeper/darker skinned women but i think any female can pull this colour off because i seen this blush on light skin tones and dark skin tones . it looks good on both , but try not to be too heavy handed with this blush lol . ( My second favorite blush )

THE PROS about this Blush is , It can be used naturally or Boldly , its very pigmented , one of these blushes will last you a year or more lol , YOU DEFINITELY Get your moneys worth and MORE , A little goes along way , and since it is cream based blush it automatically looks like your skin if put on properly .

THE CONS about this product is i wouldn't recommend this product to Beginners who are just learning about makeup , You need a compact good quality blush brush to blend it out properly , and a lot of people said they had a problem with the pump .. I did as well one of my pumps doesn't work BUT the beautiful thing is you can screw off the pump to get the product and put the pump back on ( i actually prefer doing this because i can control how much comes out of the container ) , and it is very easy to be heavy handed with this product since it is very pigmented .

here is a picture of me wearing the blush in a natural kind of look.
( i am wearing heartbreaker )

And one more thing another easy way to use this blush without getting your hands dirty ( its a long lasting blush stains a little ) is to get a flat pallet where you can pump a little bit of it on to and mix/warm the product up abit

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Uhnnie

I never really used a blush other than a powder blush and this was a pleasant change! I'm that girl that rushes out the door most of the time so spending time on blush doesn't really cut it for me. However, ever since I bought this blush in headliner for my nc15 skin, I can finally get color back into my face! I barely pump the product out and take two fingers and dab. It looks natural, doesn't break me out, long lasting, pigmented and it's cheap! It really gives me a natural looking dolly cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so in love with ELF makeup it's crazy (except the eye shadows). I got this in Superstar and it's truly gorgeous. I thought it would be more dewy or sparkly, but it goes on nice and matte. It is a lovely melon color, leaning towards coral and it applied easily just using a drop on my fingers. Lasts really well and gives such a pretty flush. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by oopsglows

I like this blush. Its super pigmented but when I purchased mine it was stuck inside the pump and did not want to come out! Finally my mom fixed it and well yeah I'm pleased lol! A little goes a very long way! (I have super star) I won't go back out there and repurchase, mostly because I have to be so careful with everything since its so pigmented! I wouldnt recommend to people with real light skin. Is this a yay or nay? It's a yay! (If you're into that bold shade and can work with this easily) well hoped I helped!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

It was a pain trying to get this product but it was well worth it. I actually paid extra on Amazon because I didn't want to just buy one product on ELF and pay for the shipping. I thought I would play it safe and go for the lightest shade (Headliner) which is a light mauve. It looks beautiful on my cheeks and it lasts basically all day. I don't reach for it too often because it takes quite some time to put on and blend out so I only wear this when I'm not going to school or work.

My Kmart recently had these in stock and from my success with Headliner, I decided to pick up Showstopper because crazy enough, I wanted the purple color in the packaging but it turned out to be a fuschia on my cheeks. Showstopper was incredibly stubborn to blend out so I ended up looking like Pikachu! Too bad I can't return it but be very careful with these blushes. I would recommend starting off with Headliner or Superstar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Fleurdesol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Everything is awesome about this blush!
The price: 3$ !
The packaging: A pump, great for controlling the amount needed (!! you only need a tiny bit!!)
Although it is quite pigmented, I prefer pumping a tiny amount on my clean hands (on wrist) and stippling the rest on my cheeks with the E.L.F. small stipple brush.

My shade is in Superstar and I find that it complements all skin tones! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I love all the HD blushes. Yes, they are super pigmented, but if you apply this on your and then use a stippling brush to swipe on cheeks. Then make sure to blend. It lasts all day and it's absolutely perfect. This is really HG.