August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! I can't believe I almost returned this eyeshadow! It is THE perfect brown for a neutral eye, hands down!! I was looking for a matte brown that was more yellow-based and came across Saddle, but when I swatched it at the Mac counter, I thought it was too yellow. I picked up Brown Script instead, but it was very red-based so I went back to Mac, picked up Saddle, and gave it a try. I initially felt that it didn't show up on my skin very well and wanted to return it, but I gave it some more tries using different looks and now I've seen that this is such a great eyeshadow. It's especially perfect on my NW 50 skin because the color is close to my skin tone - perfect for subtle looks for job interviews and occasions like that. I have found my HG brown!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Wonderful medium brown. MAC calls it a "Golden orange brown." Finish: "Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish." Blendable for a "matte." My browns need to be warm and slightly red/orangey (I'm N15, leaning to NC), so this worked on me. No shimmer is a pro to me. Good amount of pigment.

CONS: Mattes are not my favorite finish by MAC; they're generally a bit harder to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you like "Saddle," you may also like other warm browns such as "Swiss Chocolate." It has just a bit more red in it. Much lighter and warm brown I like is "Bamboo."

*****The color in the 2nd pic. looks a tad oranger and lighter than mine normally looks. Maybe it's a bright flash.****

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Won't say much about this color. If you need a great transition/blending color, this is it. I'm NW45.
Oh , well let me just list other ones I thought were ok before succumbing and buying Saddle: NYX's Suede, MAC's BrownScript.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by anelmora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saddle is my go to crease color for an everyday look. Love it with all that glitters on the lid and this on the crease

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by htaylorrn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to fill my brows. I have light auburn hair (dyed) and dark blonde brows naturally. I often get asked how I get my brows to match (from the folks who know I used to be blonde). Looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 777britt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best eyeshadow I have ever used! Admittedly, I am a huge fan of MAC, but I would have to say that for my colouring this is the best eyeshadow out there. It's matte so can be worn everyday or can be dressed up - I love matching it with 'Woodwinked" for a dash of sparkle. It makes my brown/hazel eyes really stand out without looking like I'm wearing an "in-your-face" shadow. Best eyeshadow out there!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

MAC eye shadows rarely disappoint and this is another winner! Beautiful shadow and excellent for a softer/brown smoky eye or just in the crease to add depth!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Outstanding color from MAC. This is a red/orange/brown with just the right amount of pigmentation for creases or under the eye. The formula is soft and buttery and blends easily without looking muddy. It's an excellent compliment to Swiss Chocolate but much lighter. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another winner from MAC - this color is versatile and warm. I love to pop this in the outer corner or use it as a crease color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this color because the shade isn't as dark as most brown colors. I use this as a crease color for natural looks and I absolutely love it! MAC eye shadows are pretty pigmented. The only con is that it's kind of expensive ($14.50)

EDIT: This is the first MAC eyeshadow that I've ever purchased, and sadly I don't really see myself reaching for it as much anymore. I think the problem I have with this is that it has a lot of orage/red undertones and I don't think that really suites my skin tone. I have light/mdeium asian skin.