MAC Matte - Saddle

4.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 7/23/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not love this color although I have tried to get used to it. I am blonde with blue eyes. It's just okay as a crease shadow, not great. There are so many other browns out there from MAC, I also own Folie with has more red to it and there are many browns in other eyeshadow lines, I don't feel this shade is a must have in a MAC eyeshadow collection. I do wear it with MAC's Mythology or All That Glitters eyeshadow, both on the lid and Saddle as a crease shadow, more to use it up. I won't repurchase this shade again.

on 7/9/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Saddle was recommended by the MA at MAC, stating that it would be great against my dark blue eyes. This reddish, warm color is not one I would have gravitated to on my own, but I get so many compliments when I wear this color. It is an everyday staple. My eyes just "pop". Definitely a one that I will hit the pan with and purchase again.

on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I really love this shadow, it's so subtle and soft. I'm a C6 for reference and it makes for a really pretty clean nude eye look alone or a soft daytime smokey eye if paired with a darker neutral shade like Embark or Brown Down. It's mostly a warm brown but could definitely be too peachy or organgey on pale skintones. But if you're a GGG girl this one is definitely a must have for the beauty arsenal.

on 4/6/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

One of my first mac e/s and I love it. I have very warm undertones and love this. I like to use to when warming up an eyeshadow (satin taupe, sable, etc) and to contour. I can see how this can make some people look too orange but this worked for me. NC 35-40 for reference. Will repurchase!

on 1/25/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first times that I tried this, I wondered why people raved about this so much. I started using it more often and blended it in the crease with dark and light shadows. Recently, I have been looking at my pictures and now I get it. This gives a depth to my eyes that no other shadow can. I do not need to use darker eye shadows on the crease as this shapes my eyes beautifully. Thanks, MAC. Another winner!

on 1/9/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is such a pretty crease color. Looks great with gold lids and with color shadows also. I am an NC 45-50 and I also use it as an all over lid color with just eyeliner and mascara for a fast, simple nude eye.

on 1/3/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

OMG! I can't believe I almost returned this eyeshadow! It is THE perfect brown for a neutral eye, hands down!! I was looking for a matte brown that was more yellow-based and came across Saddle, but when I swatched it at the Mac counter, I thought it was too yellow. I picked up Brown Script instead, but it was very red-based so I went back to Mac, picked up Saddle, and gave it a try. I initially felt that it didn't show up on my skin very well and wanted to return it, but I gave it some more tries using different looks and now I've seen that this is such a great eyeshadow. It's especially perfect on my NW 50 skin because the color is close to my skin tone - perfect for subtle looks for job interviews and occasions like that. I have found my HG brown!

PROS: Wonderful medium brown. MAC calls it a "Golden orange brown." Finish: "Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish." Blendable for a "matte." My browns need to be warm and slightly red/orangey (I'm N15, leaning to NC), so this worked on me. No shimmer is a pro to me. Good amount of pigment.

CONS: Mattes are not my favorite finish by MAC; they're generally a bit harder to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you like "Saddle," you may also like other warm browns such as "Swiss Chocolate." It has just a bit more red in it. Much lighter and orangey brown I like is "Bamboo."

*****The color in the 2nd pic. looks a tad oranger and lighter than mine normally looks. Maybe it's a bright flash.****

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Won't say much about this color. If you need a great transition/blending color, this is it. I'm NW45.
Oh , well let me just list other ones I thought were ok before succumbing and buying Saddle: NYX's Suede, MAC's BrownScript.

on 10/6/2010 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Saddle is my go to crease color for an everyday look. Love it with all that glitters on the lid and this on the crease

Top Rated MAC Products