January 29, 2015 | 1669 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 5th or 6th CT, and I'm not going to review the formula. All the great things people say about it is true. This color is a slightly shimmery pale beige that looks very nice worn alone, and works perfectly as a base. I wear it almost every day. If you apply it with your finger you get a sheer wash that lasts all day, and when applied with a brush the pigmentation really shows. This also blends well with other shadows, both cream and powder, and is a subtle highlighter for the browbone. I can't enough about this color. Hopefully this makes it into the permanent line. The Color Tattoos are one of the best drugstore products to come along ever. I will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a very nice surprise! I love a little shimmer but can't wear powder shimmer any where near my actual eyelid because it transfers so badly to my crease whenever I blink. Not a good look for more mature hooded eyes..IMHO. However, this beautiful cream shimmer shadow dries fast enough so that it doesn't transfer. Yippee! Once it's on it doesn't budge. Now my eyes can sparkle and shine again! Please note that it's not too shimmery...there's NO glitter here, just a beautiful understated sheen. I think it's very appropriate for eyes of all ages, and it plays extremely well with any other type or color of eyeshadow. Thank you Maybelline!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ifyoufeelalive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Let me start out by saying, I am not a big color tattoo fan. There was a huuuge craze on them when they first came out and I will admit I bought 2, but wasn't totally satisfied with them. They were okay, definitely buildable and made for a nice base, but felt kind of dry to me and not creamy really at all (I own tough as taupe and bad to the bronze.) Well maybelline DEFINITELY stepped it up with barely beige! Not only is it a great base as the others, but it is sooo creamy and a nice neutral color so it can be worn alone without looking kind of spotty. It is also a great base for any eyeshadow color- were as the others you're kind of limited to a color its close to. I absolutely love love love it, and I really wish they would make this a permanent color! I definitely plan on buying a backup :) The only reason i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it isn't a great "primer" for me sense my eyelids are extremely oily, but I know it works for people who don't have that problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by MonaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is my favorite cream eyeshadow to date. I've been waiting for a nude/neutral cream eyeshadow that actually lasts on the lid. I've used this everyday for the past week and a half. If I'm in a rush I will just use this and nothing else. Otherwise I just add a crease color and I'm done with my eyeshadow. I would not try to use this product as a highlighter since the texture is a bit to sticky to blend in that way.

This a beautiful shimmery fleshy beige and looks great under other eyeshadow colors. I plan on buying a back up since it's limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I lobe this color! It's perfect as a eyeshadow base which I also use as a primer to make my shadows last longer. The color is absolutely perfect as an everyday color. I use this under WNW's Brulee and Nutty for a long wearing everyday eye.
The other day, I swatched this on my arm and it lasted the whole day--even with the constant washing of hands and rubbing. Really wished this wasn't limited edition, because I'm ready to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by mostlym3

I already have bad to the bronze, the gold one and tough as taupe and when I heard this LE champagne color was available i looked for it everywhere. Finally found the last one at my local Ulta. I too, think it's a great dupe for bare study and even if it isn't, it's a reasonably priced, great packaging, lovely champagne color with a smooth satin finish. This is one of those eye products that I gradually want to collect all of them. They're so accessible, easy to use and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah...I finally have a substitute for my Michael Todd Flutter cream eyeshadow. Just like everyone else has said, this stuff is great. Gives a glow without being glittery or looking too frosty. It's a great champagne color with a neutral base, no pink undertones. I have really oily lids where everything either creases or smudges, but this stuff works well as a base or alone for about 8 hours on me. How come all the best stuff is always LE?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great all-over lid color. I think it'd make a good primer for the lid area. The color is subtle and light and enables the rest of my eye makeup to pop. Think sheen instead of shine or sparkle. This lasts all day until I'm ready to take it off at night. This is good quality stuff for very little money. It'd be great if Maybelline incorporates this shade, along with other supposedly limited edition ones, into their everyday line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

These drugstore lines are seriously upping their game. This is better than Bare Study to me. When I tried Bare Study a few years ago, I just remember it being too white-ish & too frosty. Barely Beige when you first slap it on looks like it is going down that same path, but once blended turns into this beautiful beige champagne. It's "glow" is from a soft shimmer and doesn't seem as frosty as Bare Study or even the gold Color Tattoo seemed to me. I tried not to buy it, but resistance was futile. IMO this is the color you want when you are wearing a classic red lipstick and just need that perfect candlelit eye.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Barely beige is a really gorgeous shade of champagne that makes tired eyes look alive and awake. I'd say this leans more satin than shimmer. I absolutely think this shade is an everyday color that can be worn on it's own without fading or creasing. I got a full 10 hours of wear on a hot muggy day here in Alabama. To all the lovers of color tattoo's, bombard Maybelline with messages to make this color permanent in their range. The price is right, the staying power is awesome, the color range is magnificent, what more could you ask for? If Maybelline keeps this up, MAC is going to suffer significant loss in profits when it comes to their paint pots. Maybelline definitely has a very, very, comparable formula. Don't let this one get away ladies and gents :-)

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No