September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I have an HG way to apply face products, my beauty blender (3 of them in fact). It is flawless, easy and yet, I just prefer using a brush. I don't know why, it just makes me happier to use a brush than a sponge. I was contemplating the Real Techniques expert face brush, but when I saw how pretty this silver one was, I bought it immediately.

The handle is very heavy/sturdy and feels really solid. It looks just lovely. It's so shiny! It's metal! Yay! Appearance-wise I am thrilled.

The first time I tried this brush, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. In fact I almost returned it. I used it with Lancome Renergie foundation and it was streaky, uneven and just plain terrible looking. I couldn't buff anything in, it all looked bad. On top of which, it made anything I applied underneath ball up even when it's never done that before. I was really upset. I tried it with every foundation I owned and none "buffed" in nicely. So I went back to the Beauty Blender, which while it provides a lovely finish isn't as fun to use.

This morning I had an idea. I stippled the foundation in with the brush instead of buffing. PERFECTION! It created the same beautiful airbrushed look I can get with my sponge, but it's a brush so it's better. :) It's really quick to use this way and works with all the foundations I've tried with it, ranging from tinted moisturizers, to BB creams, to moisturizing foundations, to silicone based ones (like the Naked the brush is made for). I am so happy with this! I have a stippling brush and this is way better at stippling foundation than that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by meganehensley

Seriously awesome brush! I actually was having some trouble getting a foundation to 1) match my skin and 2) go on with just the right amount of coverage without looking like a mask. This brush is the answer! It may help to note that after going out on my own to figure out what I needed, this brush along with my primer and foundation were reccommended to me by a drag queen who works for a competing cosmetic company. Those girls know their makeup-and their brushes. Highly highly recommended! You do have to clean it fairly often but you SHOULD clean your brushes often! With this brush it is important to note to NOT use a "brush cleaner" product. I use plain ole alcohol in a dish and swish it around, then rinse (another drag queen tip).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by effstar

the best brush I have ever used. I blur on one layer of foundation and then stipple my second layer on. I use Mac's studio fix fluid with this and I've had only only problem and that's the amount I have to clean it. I have to deep clean (water & shampoo) at least once a week and then use surgical spirit about every other day. I can't recommend this product higher

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing!!!!! Best brush ever !!! Powders? Yes !l liquids? Even better!!!!! Beautiful blurring effects!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush applies foundation nicely and effortlessly, has just the right size, but it soaks up waay too much liquid foundation to my taste. When I use it to apply full coverage foundations I end up with a sheer coverage, so I need to go over it a second time, almost doubling the amount I need.
The brush feels sturdy and is nicely made. It's remarkably beautiful. Urban Decay must have hired some awesome designer for this.
The packaging it comes in looks cute from the distance (it's Urban Decay!) but it's in fact very cheap plastic, flimsier than any yogurt cup and useless, for it doesn't fit: when you try to attach the cap you end up damaging the bristles.
After using the brush around 3 times to apply foundation, I usually wash it (baby shampoo, warm water) and notice tones of foundation flowing off. Besides, it's kind of hard to get it clean, but I don't really mind. I have fun washing my brushes.
The brush stops applying fndt nicely after only 3 uses because it's thoroughly saturated with dried out foundation, so the bristles clump together.
And if you consider that ordinary Revlon Colorstay retails for US$ 33 (and there's no bogoff whatsover), MAC's Studio Fix Fluid for US$ 72 and Teint Idole for US$ 105 where I live..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an abundance of brushes. None like this. I used to be faithful to my Mac 187. Not anymore tis is great!!!! Can't beat the $25 price either!!great for putting on moisturizers and beauty balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Iamzettesui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are no brand of brushes like sigma, real techniques, elf, etc... here in Qatar (hate this country), you can either buy MAC which is too pricey or a cheap brushes made in China. Since I don't like to purchase products online, I made a research on a good foundation brush which are available here in Doha and it reach me a link to MUA review.I went to Sephora store and try different foundation brushes but I keep eyeing for this UD Good Karma OBB and finally I bought it.

I'm so happy that I did bought this brush, the bristles are so soft, it made my liquid foundation (Maybelline 24/7)/puff powder (Max Factor) combo to have a perfect finish, the handle and dome size is just perfect. Now I run out of words how to describe this brush but it really works well.

If you're eyeing for this brush go ahead and you would not regret it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bizworth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I bought this brush, I used my fingers to apply foundation. Not anymore! This is my #1 go-to for liquid foundation. I bought this brush when I got a sample of UD Naked Foundation at Sephora. I didn't like the foundation but I did love the brush, so I kept it. Currently I'm using it with Lancome Teint Miracle and it looks fabulous.

It's SO easy to apply foundation with it and it looks excellent every time. It picks up color wonderfully and it's so easy to get an even, smooth finish all over your face. I just stipple a few dabs over the areas where I want coverage (cheeks, chin, nose + a little dab on my forehead) and then blend all over my face. I get great coverage where I need it, and sheer coverage everywhere else. Perfect and foolproof.

It can't get into little crevices(like around the eye area) but I think all stippling brushes have that shortfall. I usually just use my fingers or a smaller brush for that.

The only thing I dislike is that it takes a while to dry after using it. If I wash it at night it's still damp in the morning, so I have to wash it in the morning so that it's dry for the next day's use. Not a big deal, just requires a small amount of planning on my part.

Oh, and it's held up to many a washing. I wash it ~once a week. Some of the purple color has faded from the bristles but they are in good condition otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by akharri785

I am IN LOVE with this brush. I know I probably bought into the marketing gimmick when I bought this to use with my UD Naked Skin foundation (like is recommended) but it has totally been worth it! It's SO soft, washes remarkably well (never sheds or dries misshapen), and truly does help to blur out imperfections when applying liquid foundation or balms. I usually mist it ever so slightly with a spray bottle (so it's barely damp... I may be crazy, but I think it helps my foundation apply even more smoothly) and use a gentle pump of Naked and then apply it using small, circular motions. The finished result is always very smooth and soft looking.
I have only used this with my Naked foundation but think it would probably work pretty well with any other liquid foundation or balm as long as it's not too thick.
I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a quality foundation brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG. Gentle buffing blends foundation seamlessly. Adore.