Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/3/2013 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I must admit, I am kind of a noob when it comes to brushes, but I am so
glad that I purchased this face brush.
As other reviewers have noted, the bristles are very dense but they also
feel so soft and smooth which makes application lovely. I have also not had any
shedding issues thus far. Up until I purchased this brush, I was applying foundation
with my fingers, but now I find myself reaching for this on an almost daily basis.
The brush applies any liquid foundation so wonderfully, and using a stippling technique I can
create a lovely finish that looks natural yet also provides good coverage.

on 6/2/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this brush! Thank you MUA for leading me to it. It makes my foundation apply like a dream and my skin looks flawless (which it is definitely NOT) but not overly made-up. I highly recommend this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This brush was my first foray into makeup brushes and it was an awful mistake. When I use this brush, my foundation (liquid and powder) just sits on top of my skin. I also have the beauty blender, which provides the coverage and look that I want. Unlike other reviewers, I've not had any problem with shedding bristles. But then again I haven't used it that often although I've washed it 2--3 times. In sum, I do NOT recommend this brush.

on 5/27/2013 9:41:00 AM

This brush sheds, period. It sheds way more than my mac natural bristles brushes and this is synthetic, cost me 40$ at least i would have expected it not to shed. I have used it for 5,6 times and wash it a couple of times gently, tilt it upside down when rinsing and washing, dry it at an angle yet it still sheds. For now i counted at least 20 hairs down and i have a bad feeling this wont end because some hairs are sticking out still. I went and got the sigma 5 set kabuki brushes and none sheds for now. Plus it is less than half the price of this urban decay brush.

Kind of feel dissapointed because for the price it shouldnt shed that much and plus it is synthetic, most of my synthetic brushes never ever shed as far as i remember.

Other than that, it applies product pretty decently and it is advised to wash after second use if not it might be streaky.

In comparision to sigma f80 , it is relatively not as dense but softness is around the same.

I wish i knew about the sigma brushes before getting the urban decay one, hopefully it stops sheddng.

on 5/25/2013 12:24:00 PM

Great brush! I have 2 other brushes that are similar to this brush at different price points. I can compare this brush to Sephora's #56 (~ $30) and Sigma F82 (~$16). The price of this is UD GK brush is ~$25. I have to say this is very soft and great for liquid and cream foundation. The bristles are firm and not flimsy and very dense, yet easy to clean! I've used it with a variety of foundations and always have a great application. Compared to my sigma brush it is easier to clean! I feel the sigma absorbs so much foundation that it takes multiple attempts to get the makeup out. Compared to my Sephora #56, I just happen to reach for my UD brush more because it is softer overall. This brush isn't streaky when you apply your foundation either so it does give that "blurred" effect it claims. It is such a gorgeous and functional brush and hope that UD comes out with more brushes! It is worth the money and the price is very reasonable for a great brush! I've had it for half a year now without any shedding, bleeding or signs of wear.

I use this brush with all my liquid foundations. The compact synthetic bristles are great for diffusing the product and creating a uniform, airbrushed look without absorbing the foundation/wasting product. I have flake-prone skin, so I appreciate that I don't need to press on the brush or buff too much to get the desired effect. I have cleaned it dozens of times (with Dr. Bonners soap), and it hasn't lost a bristle or its shape.

Love this brush and wholeheartedly recommend picking it up.

on 5/13/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great brush

on 5/8/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was just going to return this brush because I wasn't able to make it work with my dry skin until I discovered that I could pat/stipple with it. The brush hairs are really soft but also dense enough to give an airbrushed look even with just stippling. I have dry patches all over and it makes the foundation look so smooth even without primer - crazy. The only downside is that it takes forever to dry (2 days) after washing so it might be a little damp the next day you use it. 5 lippies from a dry skin user!

on 5/4/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have an HG way to apply face products, my beauty blender (3 of them in fact). It is flawless, easy and yet, I just prefer using a brush. I don't know why, it just makes me happier to use a brush than a sponge. I was contemplating the Real Techniques expert face brush, but when I saw how pretty this silver one was, I bought it immediately.

The handle is very heavy/sturdy and feels really solid. It looks just lovely. It's so shiny! It's metal! Yay! Appearance-wise I am thrilled.

The first time I tried this brush, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. In fact I almost returned it. I used it with Lancome Renergie foundation and it was streaky, uneven and just plain terrible looking. I couldn't buff anything in, it all looked bad. On top of which, it made anything I applied underneath ball up even when it's never done that before. I was really upset. I tried it with every foundation I owned and none "buffed" in nicely. So I went back to the Beauty Blender, which while it provides a lovely finish isn't as fun to use.

This morning I had an idea. I stippled the foundation in with the brush instead of buffing. PERFECTION! It created the same beautiful airbrushed look I can get with my sponge, but it's a brush so it's better. :) It's really quick to use this way and works with all the foundations I've tried with it, ranging from tinted moisturizers, to BB creams, to moisturizing foundations, to silicone based ones (like the Naked the brush is made for). I am so happy with this! I have a stippling brush and this is way better at stippling foundation than that is.

on 4/23/2013 12:48:00 AM

Seriously awesome brush! I actually was having some trouble getting a foundation to 1) match my skin and 2) go on with just the right amount of coverage without looking like a mask. This brush is the answer! It may help to note that after going out on my own to figure out what I needed, this brush along with my primer and foundation were reccommended to me by a drag queen who works for a competing cosmetic company. Those girls know their makeup-and their brushes. Highly highly recommended! You do have to clean it fairly often but you SHOULD clean your brushes often! With this brush it is important to note to NOT use a "brush cleaner" product. I use plain ole alcohol in a dish and swish it around, then rinse (another drag queen tip).

Popular Makeup Brushes