Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/19/2013 5:51:00 PM

This tool is critical in creating a flawless face. It doesn't make my foundation look streaky when its applied. My foundation looks so natural. Usually I like to use my beauty blender for a flawless finish but sometimes it soaks up too much product sometimes. I've only used it with the Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation.

Overall, great product at a reasonable price! I love using it for my liquid foundation.

on 8/27/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Sooo incredibly soft and feels great against my skin! It blends beautifully and smooths any lines I have when I put on my foundation. I also love how chic this brush looks and the fact that it's animal friendly! Pretty and works amazing!

on 8/21/2013 9:12:00 PM

Absolutely love this brush - it's super soft and very dense. It gives my foundation a nice airbrushed look. Works well for blending and stippling. I haven't noticed any shedding yet.

on 8/11/2013 8:37:00 PM

I loved this brush when I first purchased it. it blends foundation beautifully. It does take some effort to clean thoroughly, I used olive oil and thrn face wash for a deep cleaning. Ive had it for about a yr now snd after about 8 months or so it sharted shedding something horrible, it looses more hair than my husband and not just with cleaning. I still use it with cream blush which it works great for but very careful about over working the brush to not shed on my face. I use the real techniques expert face brush as my go to foundation brush which is $9, eorks just as we if not better without shedding at all!

on 7/24/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

wonderful brush! bought a few weeks ago and haven't noticed any shedding .it feels so light and lovely on my face, and gives a natural, flawless finish. i think it gives the same effect as some of the pricier, high end brushes from mac, etc. I definitely recommend!!!

I really wanted to like this brush. One, @ $25 US,it's cheaper then a MAC (though there's no exact dupe) and two it says it' supposed to be good for liquid and powder.

The first time I used this was with the Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual/lotion blend like you're supposed to. I tried the buffing method and it was not pretty: I ended up with weird streaky brush marks. Tried stippling the other side of my face and that was a bit better.But the brush shed @ least 4 fibeers. I figured perhaps it was because of the type of foundation I used, so the next day I tried it with EL Double Wear, both buffing and stippling. It turned out OK and lost 2 more fibers. I washed the brush, waited over a day for it to dry completely. Next was MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I made sure that my skin was properly moisturized and the lotion dry to make sure I didn't get weird streaks. Brushed worked much better.

I have the Sonia Kashuk Flat Top foundation brush and it works much better and it has NEVER shed. And its about $7 bucks cheaper too.

on 6/4/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super soft, super dense. My brush is only a month or two old, so it's possible that my brush is from a different batch than the people who have had brush shedding. My brush has not shed at all, even through multiple washings.

It's soft but very dense and sturdy, so it can move the makeup around easily without feeling all stabby like a lot of brushes designed to buff on foundation do. It gives me a perfect, airbrushed look. I buff it around most of my face and then stipple it over the one dry patch on my cheek; it works very well with either motion! A brush on the lower side of high end brush pricing, it's a good deal, but it's still pretty expensive at $25. It's worth it to me.

on 6/3/2013 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I must admit, I am kind of a noob when it comes to brushes, but I am so
glad that I purchased this face brush.
As other reviewers have noted, the bristles are very dense but they also
feel so soft and smooth which makes application lovely. I have also not had any
shedding issues thus far. Up until I purchased this brush, I was applying foundation
with my fingers, but now I find myself reaching for this on an almost daily basis.
The brush applies any liquid foundation so wonderfully, and using a stippling technique I can
create a lovely finish that looks natural yet also provides good coverage.

on 6/2/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this brush! Thank you MUA for leading me to it. It makes my foundation apply like a dream and my skin looks flawless (which it is definitely NOT) but not overly made-up. I highly recommend this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This brush was my first foray into makeup brushes and it was an awful mistake. When I use this brush, my foundation (liquid and powder) just sits on top of my skin. I also have the beauty blender, which provides the coverage and look that I want. Unlike other reviewers, I've not had any problem with shedding bristles. But then again I haven't used it that often although I've washed it 2--3 times. In sum, I do NOT recommend this brush.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products