October 20, 2014 | 1822 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, actually, I might TRY it again. I got to try this product because my dermatologist had samples available and I snagged one on my way out of the office. Seriously. I would love to work in that office because of all the samples they have. When I'm there again, I will definitely see if they have more samples of this, and try to snag another one. Or two. Or more.

This is definitely a very mild cleanser, but it will not work for dry skin unless you use it only occasionally. It does foam a bit, even without using a lot of product, but it isn't irritating at all (even around the eyes) and it really feels like it rinses off easily without leaving any residue or makeup behind. Moisturizer goes on nicely afterwards. It has no strong scent that I can detect, which is a plus. I'm not sure I'd want a full size bottle or want to use it every single day given that my skin is older and drier than it used to be, and using this every day might end up in disaster. But for an every once and a while cleanser, it is good. I'm guessing it would be a great option for those who want a mild cleanser that rinses off easily for normal/oily skin and don't want a lot of fragrance or irritating ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by carrie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it's the only drugstore gentle foaming cleanser I've found that comes in such a large bottle. I was really hoping it would be my new favorite night time cleanser to remove makeup, but it's a little too drying for my dry and sensitive skin.

I should clarify that it didn't cause any problems for my skin and was actually a totally satisfactory cleanser...except I just noticed my skin looking a tad duller than usual. And I've gone through two bottles of the stuff without changing anything else in my routine. My pores didn't look as small and my skin didn't seem quite as soft. So, it worked for me and didn't dry me out or anything, but I've used other cleansers that subtly improved my skin texture, and that's what I wanted.

One thing that bothered me was how much it took to get a lather. I had to use one whole pump, and the pump is rather large, so we're talking about a quarter size of cleanser to wash my face, which seems a bit much. So despite the larger bottle, I had to use more of it to get my makeup off than I would've liked. It does get makeup and mascara off by the way, so that is a plus.

I wish this would've worked, but I'm back on my Eucerin Gentle Cleanser now and my skin is smoother and brighter. But I think this could be a great cleanser for folks with normal skin who want something that removes makeup well, lasts a while and doesn't dry out skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good drugstore cleanser- doesn't irritate my skin or dry it out like other neutrogena cleansers I've used. It also cleans my face well & removes all of my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you Paula's Choice for this recommendation. After "thinking" my copious amounts of Michael Todd True Organics products would help my cystic acne ridden skin, I found her website which reviews not only HER products but many OTHERS! Now THAT is an honest company. *ehem I'm looking at you MTTO...who delete any review that isn't 5 stars*

Anywho, I was looking for a drugstore cleanser to replace my many expensive ones that seemed to be doing NOTHING. I found this and purchased it since it seemed like a huge amount of product for so little $. Low and behold, my acne almost instantly looked better. Before using this I counted 10 cystic acne pimples on my once clear skin. 10! :( After using this for a month, I can say I have had only 2 breakouts since. I don't know if its the fact that this cleanser rocks or that MTTO sucks...BUT I will use this product as long as they make it.

It is simple. That's the beauty of it. No tricks or back flips. It is just a nice cleanser that does its job very well.

I HATE HATE HATE the packaging though. Idk if I got a faulty one or not but every time I go to pump some product out it seeps all over the bottle. Such a waste and a MESS, so I agree, PLEASE put this in better packaging!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last summer and it lasted almost the entire year with daily washings, so I was excited about that! Always left my skin feeling clean and a good eye makeup remover to boot. I found mine empty a few days ago and so I decided to try the creamy version, and although it is still a good cleanser, it is nowhere near as good at removing eye makeup - usually I'm left with large smears that I then have to remove with a separate product. I'll probably go back to the foaming version once I'm done with the creamy version post winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by latevalentine

Nice cleanser, doesn't make a huge difference on my skin but thoroughly removes makeup, slightly tightens, and is gentle enough to use regularly on my skin. Personally, I enjoy the scent and it feels clean and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser based on a positive experience with some Neutrogenas other products, like the non foaming cleansing cream. This cleanser is not as gentle as I would like and has a strong fragrance. I like gentle cleansers to be fragrance free, so this is a turn off. It also has a strange taste and stings when it goes in my eyes. It cleans ok, but I am wary to use it around my eyes. I like the pump however. I will use the non foaming cleanser instead.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser was awful for me. I have rosacea with fragile, sensitive skin and after washing my face with this last night both cheeks were bright red and stinging. My right cheek is still red and hurting this morning and has some bubbly-looking bumps on it, and the rest of my face is overall pinker than normal. I can't say for sure what caused my reaction but why Neutrogena continues to put fragrance in products designed for sensitive skin is beyond me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Aubzstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best! It really leaves my skin feeling clean, and even removes makeup including my eye makeup. It neither breaks nor dries my skin out. Actually, I would say it has improved the overall appearance of my skin. 10/10!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by smashley007

This has quickly become my HG cleanser. I have oily, acne-prone skin that I use benzoyl peroxide on daily, and because of this I can't have my cleanser causing any drying or stretching of the skin. This one doesn't--in fact, I think it restores some moisture back into my skin, because every time I wash with this my skin looks glowing after! I don't really know what it's called "foaming" because in my experience it barely foams at all, which I actually prefer. It removes mascara well, along with any foundation, concealer or blush I may have on (although I would personally recommend using a cleansing oil or wipe to get that stuff off if it has been applied heavily!). I truly am in love with this cleanser, and I believe it has improved the quality of my skin! Like some previous reviewers, my only gripe with this product is the packaging-- the pump doesn't move into a lock position, which is inconvenient for traveling.