September 17, 2014 | 852 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you Paula's Choice for this recommendation. After "thinking" my copious amounts of Michael Todd True Organics products would help my cystic acne ridden skin, I found her website which reviews not only HER products but many OTHERS! Now THAT is an honest company. *ehem I'm looking at you MTTO...who delete any review that isn't 5 stars*

Anywho, I was looking for a drugstore cleanser to replace my many expensive ones that seemed to be doing NOTHING. I found this and purchased it since it seemed like a huge amount of product for so little $. Low and behold, my acne almost instantly looked better. Before using this I counted 10 cystic acne pimples on my once clear skin. 10! :( After using this for a month, I can say I have had only 2 breakouts since. I don't know if its the fact that this cleanser rocks or that MTTO sucks...BUT I will use this product as long as they make it.

It is simple. That's the beauty of it. No tricks or back flips. It is just a nice cleanser that does its job very well.

I HATE HATE HATE the packaging though. Idk if I got a faulty one or not but every time I go to pump some product out it seeps all over the bottle. Such a waste and a MESS, so I agree, PLEASE put this in better packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last summer and it lasted almost the entire year with daily washings, so I was excited about that! Always left my skin feeling clean and a good eye makeup remover to boot. I found mine empty a few days ago and so I decided to try the creamy version, and although it is still a good cleanser, it is nowhere near as good at removing eye makeup - usually I'm left with large smears that I then have to remove with a separate product. I'll probably go back to the foaming version once I'm done with the creamy version post winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by latevalentine

Nice cleanser, doesn't make a huge difference on my skin but thoroughly removes makeup, slightly tightens, and is gentle enough to use regularly on my skin. Personally, I enjoy the scent and it feels clean and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser based on a positive experience with some Neutrogenas other products, like the non foaming cleansing cream. This cleanser is not as gentle as I would like and has a strong fragrance. I like gentle cleansers to be fragrance free, so this is a turn off. It also has a strange taste and stings when it goes in my eyes. It cleans ok, but I am wary to use it around my eyes. I like the pump however. I will use the non foaming cleanser instead.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser was awful for me. I have rosacea with fragile, sensitive skin and after washing my face with this last night both cheeks were bright red and stinging. My right cheek is still red and hurting this morning and has some bubbly-looking bumps on it, and the rest of my face is overall pinker than normal. I can't say for sure what caused my reaction but why Neutrogena continues to put fragrance in products designed for sensitive skin is beyond me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Aubzstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best! It really leaves my skin feeling clean, and even removes makeup including my eye makeup. It neither breaks nor dries my skin out. Actually, I would say it has improved the overall appearance of my skin. 10/10!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by smashley007

This has quickly become my HG cleanser. I have oily, acne-prone skin that I use benzoyl peroxide on daily, and because of this I can't have my cleanser causing any drying or stretching of the skin. This one doesn't--in fact, I think it restores some moisture back into my skin, because every time I wash with this my skin looks glowing after! I don't really know what it's called "foaming" because in my experience it barely foams at all, which I actually prefer. It removes mascara well, along with any foundation, concealer or blush I may have on (although I would personally recommend using a cleansing oil or wipe to get that stuff off if it has been applied heavily!). I truly am in love with this cleanser, and I believe it has improved the quality of my skin! Like some previous reviewers, my only gripe with this product is the packaging-- the pump doesn't move into a lock position, which is inconvenient for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by babybluex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have spent YEARS searching for a cleanser that would reduce my occasional breakouts and give me clear, even, healthy-looking skin. I've tried all sorts of brands, from Biore to Cetaphil to Proactiv and on and on. Finally, I stumbled upon this cleanser, and it honestly has worked wonders for my skin. Before finding this cleanser I was often caught up in the gimmicks of the other brands, with all their fancy claims; this cleanser goes back to basics, and my skin has thanked me for it! It has a smooth consistency that foams quickly and rinses off easily. It doesn't sting when if it gets in my eyes, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry after I wash. I do follow with a moisturizer, but this cleanser has truly restored balance to my skin! I have been using this product for about a month, and my skin has never looked or felt better - it is soft, glowy, and healthy! This is a cleanser I will buy forever!

*The only reason that I did not give this product five stars is because the packaging is somewhat annoying. It comes in a pump bottle that you cannot lock, which I find frustrating because I frequently travel and have to put the cleanser in a separate bottle so that it won't leak over everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by PilatesGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great nighttime cleanser to use after you've removed your eye makeup with a dedicated eye makeup remover. It smells heavenly, like lily of the valley, it is fabulous for sensitive skin and my dry skin never feels tight or parched after using it. I pump it onto my Clarisonic brush and go to town. My one quibble is that I'm tired of pumps...I find that once you get to a certain level in the bottle, you have be creative to get the rest out. I would have preferred a tube or a flip top. That said, I will be repurchasing this inexpensive, effective and gentle cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite cleanser is from Paula's Choice. Her "Skin Balancing Cleanser" foams a bit, does a great job of removing makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or greasy. However, it's not cheap. A large bottle costs $24.00. That's not exactly inexpensive. Options at the drugstore have been fairly disappointing. Cerave does make a good foaming cleanser but I don't like it as much as Paula's. I am glad I tried this new one from Neutrogena. It foams, does a good job removing most makeup, rinses easily, and doesn't make my skin feel tight. I did have to use eye makeup remover afterward to remove some long-wear eye liner. Still pleased with this one. Reasonable priced as well.