Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 3/18/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this gentle cleanser. My dermatologist recommends this and the Cerave foaming cleanser. I actually love this for when my face is really dry/peeling after a deep medical peel or fraxel. I usually use the oil free acne wash b/c I need the pore cleansing effect of the salycilic acid. I keep a bottle of this handy for dry times... Lasts over a year.

on 3/11/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Leaves the face clean, removes makeup well. Has a light fresh smell to it. But it does leave my combo skin a little dry, nothing a little bit of PC skin recovery toner can't fix though. Like it so much I thought I was going to give the creamy one a try but judging from all the reviews claiming it burns I think I will pass because I too tend to have a problem with burning with certain skincare items cetaphil included. But this cleanser may do better for me in summer when my skin leans more towards oily. All in all it is a good product and you get a lot for a reasonable price.

on 2/15/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Okay cleanser. Seems to remove light makeup/grime just fine. It's a little more drying than some of my other favorite foaming cleansers (acne.org, cerave), but my face doesn't feel tight or anything. I'm surprised this has fragrance though, especially as a product targeting the sensitive skin population. I prefer fragrance free products, so I won't be buying this again.

on 11/30/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging and the price of the cleanser but - like some of the other reviews said its too drying and left my skin feeling tight and aggravated. I read the reviews but still went ahead and bought it as it says it is ultra gentle and has a really short and simple ingredients list (also pretty cheap for the amount you get). Bad mistake! I think I have learnt my lesson to LISTEN to all these reviews and not be tempted by a simplistic design and good price tag.

Maybe this cleanser would be good for oily skin, everyones different!

on 11/30/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually am very impressed with Neutrogena skin care, but this cleanser did not work for me at all. I have slightly sensitive normal to dry skin and this strips all the moisture out of my skin and leaves my face extremely dry and uncomfortably tight feeling. The amount of product for the price is good and the packaging is good, but I would definitely not recommend this to anyone with slightly dry or sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become my HG night time cleanser. I have skin that's more on the oily side. So its not uber sensitive or dry but lately has oddly become a bit acne prone to. I find this cleanser to remove makeup effectively while leaving my skin feeling clean without that uncomfortable tight/dry feeling. I also wake up in the morning without oily skin. However, idk why its called a "foaming cleanser" as it doesn't really foam as much as I would like it to Hence why I took off a lippie.. but then again that's actually a plus for not drying your skin out. The size of the bottle is pretty big so it will last you forever if you only use a pump or two a day I've had mine for nearly 3 months already and I still have a lot left. So the verdict is... It's probably not the absolute best on the market but It's pretty good if you want to cleanse and remove your makeup thoroughly at the same time without irritating your skin or stinging your eyes all for a decent price. I would give it 4 and a half lippies If I could because to be honest I'm not sure just how gentle it would be if you actually did have super sensitive skin.. but for my skin type it's done a good job and hasn't broken me out since I started using it. So Yes, I would definitely repurchase and recommend this Product

on 11/21/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My skin is on the oily side but it does get dry/irritated easily. I bought this because I was looking for a cleanser that didn't have parabens or sulfates in it. There are only 12 ingredients, the main ones being water and glycerin. This cleanser doesn't irritate or break me out but I can see how it could be drying if you live in an arid climate. I think this brand is coming out with a non-foaming version. Anything foaming will dry out your skin.

on 11/19/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The face wash seems to clean okay and foams a lot. It has the consistency and appearance of clear shampoo and lathers up like shampoo as well.

The reason I gave this cleanser a low rating is because it has a terrible and very strong scent that reminds me of hot glue. The second time I used the product, I was careful to pump out a very small amount and the smell was still strong.

I don't think the wash is harsh but it doesn't seem ultra-gentle either. It definitely made my skin uncomfortably tight and irritated my cheeks a bit, but my cheeks are the driest part of my face and are irritated easily.

(Un)fortunately, this face wash comes in a good size bottle, with an easy to operate pump and an innocuous label design. If I liked the face wash more, it'd actually be a good value.

on 11/18/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

HORRIBLE. This cleanser is anything but gentle. It made my already dry skin flake and my skin felt stripped every time I used this. The only good thing is that it comes with a pump. Perhaps this would be alright for someone with extremely oily skin, but it's far too drying for normal to dry skin.

on 10/24/2013 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this cleanser once to use as a gentle makeup remover. I didn't like it at all. It didn't get my skin clean and felt like it left a film on my skin. Plus, it seemed to irritate my acne. I returned it to the store immediately.