September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Choochay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really large pores, and it doesn't help that I live in a tropical country. This helps my makes my pores appear smaller without that clog-feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a lot of primers and still have not found the 'perfect' one...but this one is pretty damn close. It is a thicker silicone based primer, which is not for everyone but I personally like it. It instantly makes my skin feel smooth and matte and fills in my pores. It makes foundation smooth over really easily, and eveything just looks more flawless. I dont notice a huge difference in the longevity of my foundation wear to be honest. I still get oily in my tzone after about 6-7 hours of wearing my makeup.

I still like this primer just for how it makes my skin feel, and my foundation look. Its also one of the few primers that doesn't break me out so thats a plus!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kellyjr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this Tarte primer as an all-over face primer & really didn't like it. I didn't think it made my face "poreless" and it didn't mix well with the rest of my routine (didn't blend well over my moisturizers & my mineral makeup looked messy). However, I found a place for it and now I can't live without it. I put a dot of this on my ring finger & then a dot of Neutrogena 3-in-1 concealer for eyes. I rub my ring fingers together to mix and then I spread it around my eyes. I have never had such realistic coverage under my eyes before. No matter what I used or how I applied it, concealer always caked in my wrinkles or looked too bright or didn't cover well. NOT ANYMORE!! This is totally my HG combination for my eyes. The primer keeps the concealer from caking and the best part is that it doesn't look like I'm wearing concealer at all. My eyes just look great! It covers dark circles, hides wrinkles & makes me look like I got 8 hours of sleep. I can't recommend this primer for your whole face because it didn't work for me, but it works great if you just wanna try it around your eyes!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by greencheek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sampled around with a few primers but ive always come back to this one. it does feel kind of thick when it goes on but its pretty smooth and evens out when u apply it. and because i have very oily and acne prone skin, it definitely doesnt break me out. I have been using it summer and winter and havent experienced any issues with my skin. but if i found a primer that it was a little more light i would switch, but so far i havent found anything better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I really love this primer. It is my favourite so far.
It does a good job of priming my face for my foundation, and helps my foundation last.
It is a silicone based primer, and I find these are most effective. If you are sensitive to silicone, try the Tarte Flawless primer - it's silicone free.

You only need a tiny bit, it smooths on so nicely and makes your face feel so smooth. I don't find it clogs your pores, as long as you are removing your makeup properly.

It is quite expensive but it lasts a long time. I would say it's worth the money.
Sephora sells sample sizes of Tartes primers in a mini box set, if you're unsure whether to go for the silicone or silicone free, i suggest buying the sample set first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by BeautyObsessed26

I have tried so many primers and this one is by far in my tope three favorites. It gives foundation that extra staying power and does quite a nice job at evening out the texture of skin. I have large pores around my nose and on my cheeks and this primer makes them less prominent. A little goes a long way too. I only need a pea size amount to cover my entire face, which is nice considering the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does what it advertises--provides a smooth base for foundation, smooths over pores (though not perfectly), and provides a long-wearing death grip for whatever product I put on next (generally foundation).

Unfortunately, it feels awful on. It is thick and sticky, and the price of that smooth, long-wearing foundation is that I feel like I'm wearing axle grease, or maybe the waterproof silicon gunk they use to seal the rubberized edges of a swimming pool separation tank. It is a silicon-based primer, and miraculously doesn't make my acne-prone, super-sensitive skin break out--but I do notice that my dry/combination skin gets oily in the t-zone when I wear this. Odd, since silicon-based primers are ideal for oily skin to help control, not create, oiliness (from what I understand).

Will I continue to use this? Yes, if there is a special event for which I want to look flawless, or a get-together where cameras might be involved. Otherwise, I'll stick to my Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer, which is less than half the price and has a much nicer texture (kind of like a powdery lotion). Revlon's may not give me quite as perfect a finish, but it does a good enough job without me wanting to scratch my face off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by pvo0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, this primer beat Estee Lauder matte primer, Laura Mercier matte primer and Urban Decay primer that I tried. The color of the primer is clear, it glides on my face and creates a silky texture. I used this with Estee Lauder Double Wear without blotting powder. I put my makeup on around 9am and at 2pm after lunch + nap, I checked on my face and my makeup stays but it was a bit shiny (although not as shiny as before when I used other primer + foundation + blot powder). I decided to use Mac blot powder and wow, it looks like I just apply fresh makeup. My face is very oily and I would call this a win. However, the price is a bit expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by vmaricela20

I love this primer. You wanna fill in those pores and smooth out those lines? well you gotta try this. This product gives you the most airbrushed look to your skin when applying. I use it before my foundation and it helps my foundation just glide on. It gives me that airbrushed look, it's non oily, and helps my makeup stay on. The texture is thicker, silicone like and goes on matte when rubbed in the skin it's great without the bad ingredients Right after you apply it you will see an instant difference to your skin. The price is a little high, but it is worth it. The base of your skin is key in getting that flawless skin effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as primers go, I seem to be very picky and very sensitive. My skin very picky in general, but when especially when I comes to primers, its a very black and white situation.
During the holidays, Tarte was putting out the "Clean Slate Trio Mini", which I had bought... as often as I could. =) So i was really able to test these out. I already put up a review on the "Brightening" primer from this trio and definitely loved it. But this seemed to slowly creep in and take everything else over. The more I use it, the more I love it and don't want to be without it.
Its a primary silicone base, which normally my face doesn't like too much. This however, has almost an "airy" quality to it that has never clogged my pores. Looking back on it, I have had no adverse reaction to anything in this primer. It does a really great job of smoothing everything out texture wise. (I.E : Filling in pores / smoothing out lines/ smoothing over acne}. I aso noticed a more substantial staying power to my foundation which is really why I want a primer to begin with.
It's defiantly on the expensive side, BUT: 1. Tarte always seems to have sales and discount codes floating around. (Sign up for trier email) 2. Tarte also seems to put out a mini trio including this primer. And 3. (The most important)... You need SO little of this product that its well worth it. Its gonna last you a long time no mater what size you get.
I give it a high recommend.